GOG.com Sales

• Please log in to reply
45 replies to this topic

#21 Tash

Tash
  • Validating
  • 125 posts

Posted 18 November 2014 - 12:04 PM

I got the Witcher 2 for free! I got the Witcher 2 for free!

Do I meet the system requirements?

Spoiler

But I got the Witcher 2 for free! Tra la!

#22 jastey

jastey
  • Administrator
  • 3218 posts

Posted 18 November 2014 - 12:24 PM

Heh. I already bought a game while waiting for the next stamp. It was only a couple of Euros, but GOG's strategy definitely works!

#23 Kulyok

Kulyok
  • Modder
  • 2450 posts

Posted 19 November 2014 - 04:13 AM

I got the stamps, too. :) Nice strategy indeed!

#24 jastey

jastey
  • Administrator
  • 3218 posts

Posted 19 November 2014 - 06:21 AM

I got all stamps now. How long did it take for you until the notification Email? EDIT: Or does it take until Nov. the 25th? I am all new to this (and so excited!)

Edited by jastey, 19 November 2014 - 07:46 AM.

#25 Kulyok

Kulyok
  • Modder
  • 2450 posts

Posted 20 November 2014 - 12:30 AM

I think it was a day for me. Then you got an e-mail(two links!), follow both links - 0$ orders, and they're added to your library... I think.

#26 jastey

jastey
  • Administrator
  • 3218 posts

Posted 22 November 2014 - 09:43 AM

"We'll email you the gift soon" - for three days now. :(

#27 Almateria

Almateria

most garbage person

• Modder
  • 969 posts

Posted 23 November 2014 - 02:18 AM

Buy Jade Empire if you really like imbalanced button mashers and the alignment system terrible even by Biwoare standards, I guess.

#28 Cahir

Cahir
  • Modder
  • 133 posts

Posted 23 November 2014 - 02:46 AM

Jastey I received my Witcher 2 copy right after collected all the stamps. You may want to write to their support team, there's definitely something off.

#29 jastey

jastey
  • Administrator
  • 3218 posts

Posted 24 November 2014 - 04:30 AM

Cahir: That's what I did.

"All the stamp gift e-mails should have been sent by now. Please give the e-mail a few hours to arrive - some mail providers slow down mail delivery for security reasons."

Dear GOG Support team, I am waiting for 4 days now. I don't have a problem to wait a couple of hours more, but I have the sad feeling this will not change the current situation.

"This answer concerns ticket number xxxx, which is now closed.
You can reply to this e-mail to reopen the ticket."

You bet!

[Wanna have my Witcher 2!!]

#30 Cahir

Cahir
  • Modder
  • 133 posts

Posted 24 November 2014 - 05:42 AM

Yeah the game is worth nagging them:) Had loads of fun playing it.

#31 Eleima

Eleima

Geek Goddess

• Modder
  • 1861 posts

Posted 26 November 2014 - 10:04 AM

So did you end up getting your Witcher 2, Jastey?  I got my emails within a few hours of collecting the stamps, so it's odd that you didn't!

Check out my DeviantArt account, as well as my scribbling on FanFiction.net
RPGBadgeLarge.png

sig.gif

#32 jastey

jastey
  • Administrator
  • 3218 posts

Posted 26 November 2014 - 12:01 PM

Not yet. I sent a reminder only a few hours ago, to prevent another "have patience" response, so there is no response yet.

Thank you for asking. Here is still hope... And I would like to keep my good opinion about GOG, so far I am all excited about their "100% DRM-free" + price policy!

#33 Cahir

Cahir
  • Modder
  • 133 posts

Posted 26 November 2014 - 01:35 PM

And there is this "Triss Playboy session" bonus content... :Tasty: Truly amazing game :shifty:

Just kidding, I hope they'll deliver the game. 

#34 Tash

Tash
  • Validating
  • 125 posts

Posted 26 November 2014 - 02:44 PM

And there is this "Triss Playboy session" bonus content... :Tasty:

I thought you were really kidding. But lo! There it is, a couple of gems (!!!) right in the middle of all the bonuses.

Vonnegut was right -- it is all about sex. Oh, this existence of ours! Oh, the humanity!

Btw, I also got my free codes right away. I didn't have to wait at all. And I also got my money back for KOTOR; no problems here, either.

#35 Cahir

Cahir
  • Modder
  • 133 posts

Posted 27 November 2014 - 06:26 AM

Yeah, wasn't kidding for that part:) Just for my emot:p
Anyway I try to figure out how am I gonna get money for new rig to be able to play W3. My old notebook barely handled W2 in reasonable graphics details back then...

#36 Tash

Tash
  • Validating
  • 125 posts

Posted 30 November 2014 - 01:09 PM

I've been enjoying Jade Empire so far. I have to agree with Almateria, though; the combat isn't the game's strong suit. That being said, as long as I can imitate just that little bit of Bruce Lee in an RPG, my needs will be satisfied. The only other martial arts RPG which seemed like fun to me was Xenogears for PlayStation. It suffered from imbalanced combat system as well, but it was great just the same.

PS, you have to lick your thump not rub your nose with the thumb, you know, for reasons lost to me...

That's Enter the Dragon: here.

I had this in mind (Fist of Fury): here.

And here's a well-know rip-off (albeit good!): here.

Edited by Tash, 30 November 2014 - 01:11 PM.

#37 -Daul-

-Daul-

Posted 05 December 2014 - 07:01 AM

Age of Wonders is currently being offered for free (limited quantity, so don't dawdle).

#38 Kulyok

Kulyok
  • Modder
  • 2450 posts

Posted 05 December 2014 - 01:06 PM

Thanks!

#39 Tash

Tash
  • Validating
  • 125 posts

Posted 25 December 2014 - 06:49 AM

I've just finished Jade Empire. Thank you for recommending it; it was a good deal!

To me it felt more like interacting with Lukas Kristjanson-and-the-gang's story rather than gaming. This wasn't much of a game, really. The story in itself is a decent reenactment of Joseph Campbell's concept, so it won't ever feel fresh or original; more like Star Wars all over again.

Unfortunately, everything in between clicking on the dialog lines is plain annoyance. The invisible wall restricting movement in combat more often than not tempted me to just switch to Storm Dragon and mash away. The very definition of imba.

The controls always infused me with :twisted: as I tried to select the right target. In fact, I stopped targeting in the end, as it was much easier to just crowd-control and mash away at whatever the game autoed for you.

And then, of course, I had to backtrack to the Spirit font. Convenience. The mark of the times of console gaming. Convenient gaming. Bravo, Bioware, bra-vo :clap:. :doh: .

All in all, it was still good times petrifying myself at the PC.

#40 Yovaneth

Yovaneth

The newly-appointed Master Builder of Baldur's Gate

• Modder
  • 3058 posts

Posted 25 December 2014 - 09:18 AM

I loved the graphics and music and just ignored all the other inconveniences. No game is ever going to be perfect and many of them are only what you make of them. I've played it three times, trying to take a different approach each time with companions and responses. I've probably played it out, but it's one of a very few games that I still have a soft spot for.

-Y-

Edited by Yovaneth, 25 December 2014 - 09:18 AM.