SetGlobal not functioning? Dialog repeats/loops

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 Ithildur

Ithildur
  • 179 posts

Posted 22 July 2013 - 07:53 PM

http://forums.gibber...showtopic=25458

My current install of BG2 has a recurring annoying issue; SetGlobal doesn't seem to be working for dialog, with the result that dialogs/banter that use SetGlobal keep repeating over and over again. I've checked with NI and Shadow keeper, and I can see that the PC or NPC that fires off the dialog doesn't have the local variable stored in their CRE file - in fact Globals are often entirely missing from the game file when viewed with NI. Also when I check in-game using CluaConsole's GetGlobal function it confirms this. Since there is no variable stored, the dialog starts over and over again as if the variable is 0, rather than 1 or 2 or whatever SetGlobal SHOULD be setting the variable to in order to keep the dialog from starting up again.

Any help with this would be appreciated!

Someone replied to the above mentioning a possible bug that TobEx had several versions ago, which I believe has been fixed... but just in case, I'm reposting here in hopes someone might be able to help out with this. It's getting old having to save the game every time an NPC's banter from the b<npcname> dialog files starts looping, exiting the game, looking up the global variables for that bit of dialog via NI, and manually inputting the variable via CluaConsole... :(