Photo

BWP v13

• Please log in to reply
252 replies to this topic

#81 Februarius

Februarius
  • 50 posts

Posted 22 September 2013 - 02:13 AM

Tnx for help. I am running game from BGmain.exe. The game actually asks for disk every time so I just created image of my TOB disk. Back on topic, I am couple of hours in the game. So far everything seems to be well balanced. I love how the shops now have higher prices (aurora), luckily no overpowered items so far. In my previous installments of BWP this was the thing that always killd my will to play the mega mod. It seems that I have finaly managed to pick the right combination of mods.

#82 -Vince-

-Vince-

Posted 22 September 2013 - 07:02 AM

Hello,

Getting this error when first trying to run the new installer (v13)

- Installpack, Fixpack, Trimpack and Textpack are placed in a clean GoG BG2 install directory

- Baldur .ini is edited to reflect the new install path (HD0:=D:\Spel\BGII - SoA\  ,   CD1:=D:\Spel\BGII - SoA\data\   and so forth)

- No other mods present in the SoA directory yet though, but the problem is obviously something else otherwise required mods should be listed, right?

Please see the image here : http://imgur.com/V4Q7Yv5

This is on Windows 7 on a GoG install of both BG and BG2.

#83 Creepin

Creepin
  • Administrator
  • 1676 posts

Posted 22 September 2013 - 08:40 AM

Silly question: is there any mod within the scope of BWP that affects number of attacks? I've got a nagging feeling during my last playthrough that my fighters haven't gained as much additional attacks per round through levelups as they used to.

The Old Gold - v0.2 WIP (mod for BGT/BWP/BWS)

#84 10th

10th
  • 621 posts

Posted 22 September 2013 - 09:21 AM

@Creepin
A WeiDU.log in spoilers would help ;)

10th
Avast! You cannot defeat our titan-mounted submarine staffed by cannibal vikings! - Nodwick

"I grab his deceased spirit and piledrive it back into his body, duplicating raise dead." - Psyren Oots board

#85 Creepin

Creepin
  • Administrator
  • 1676 posts

Posted 22 September 2013 - 09:30 AM

Sure, if that helps :)
It's of 11.4 btw.

But, err, wouldn't it be simpler to say if there exists any mod doing this, without regard to a certain installation?

Attached Files

Edited by Creepin, 22 September 2013 - 09:31 AM.

#86 -Sam-

-Sam-

Posted 23 September 2013 - 06:34 PM

I realise I should have posted my last comment in this thread, so just putting it here.

Not sure whether this is a design feature or a bug or an obvious error on my part, but the latest version of BWP does not seem to recognise either the Big Picture or the SCSII mods. I unpacked both into my BG2 directory (along with everything else), and hit the BiG install bat. When the script goes through the found and not-found lists, both mods appear as not found. Unsure why this is the case because the .exes, .tp2s and folders are all present. Any ideas?

#87 The Imp

The Imp

Not good, see EVIL is better. You'll LIVE.

• 5150 posts

Posted 25 September 2013 - 04:24 AM

I realise I should have posted my last comment in this thread, so just putting it here.

Any ideas?

My reply.

Yep, Jarno Mikkola. my Mega Mod FAQ. Use of the BWS, and how to use it(scroll down that post a bit). 
OK, desert dweller, welcome to the sanity, you are free to search for the limit, it's out there, we drew it in the sand. Ouh, actually it was still snow then.. but anyways.

#88 -Naranath-

-Naranath-

Posted 26 September 2013 - 11:26 AM

So I started a new game, Paladin w/ Crusader kit, had these two items in my inventory, and I suspect I shouldn't:

Tome of the Werewolf  (FUDRUWWB)

Animal Activism: Druids and Avengers (FUDRUDAB)

I don't know how to attach a file, so here's my weidu.log:
https://docs.google....dit?usp=sharing

#89 -Naranath-

-Naranath-

Posted 26 September 2013 - 01:40 PM

Some additional issues:

Mages can put a proficiency point into any weapon, yet all the mages kits cannot use any weapon.

Wild Mages revert back to vanilla mage on game start.
"W_MAGEsw=2" appears over my character's head a an unkitted mage at game start.

Some research led me to this:
http://www.shsforums...dritch-phantom/

I'm fairly certain this is the same/similar issue I'm having and that Psionics Unleashed is the culprit. 

Also jc whats the mod that asks with a dialogue at the very beginning what difficulty you want from easiest to insane? And what does it effect, because it doesn't move the usual difficulty slider.

#90 kreso

kreso
  • 297 posts

Posted 26 September 2013 - 01:51 PM

So I started a new game, Paladin w/ Crusader kit, had these two items in my inventory, and I suspect I shouldn't:

Tome of the Werewolf  (FUDRUWWB)

Animal Activism: Druids and Avengers (FUDRUDAB)

I don't know how to attach a file, so here's my weidu.log:
https://docs.google....dit?usp=sharing

DruidKits. It's normal to have those books, just drop them if you don't that  find info relevant.

Some additional issues:

Mages can put a proficiency point into any weapon, yet all the mages kits cannot use any weapon.

Wild Mages revert back to vanilla mage on game start.
"W_MAGEsw=2" appears over my character's head a an unkitted mage at game start.

Some research led me to this:
http://www.shsforums...dritch-phantom/

I'm fairly certain this is the same/similar issue I'm having and that Psionics Unleashed is the culprit. 

Also jc whats the mod that asks with a dialogue at the very beginning what difficulty you want from easiest to insane? And what does it effect, because it doesn't move the usual difficulty slider.

Psionics could indeed do that. Last question's answer is TB#Tweaks. Some AI mods offer different challenges (more enemies, different abilities etc.) depending on the difficulty setting. The problem is that setting difficulty to highest makes monsters do double damage, which is stupid.

Therefore, this component was invented - you can enjoy the most difficult of encounters (if mod allows for change in difficulty via slider) without suffering double damage in return.

#91 10th

10th
  • 621 posts

Posted 26 September 2013 - 03:46 PM

@Creepin
Maybe you're accustomed to BG2 Tweaks's "True Grand Mastery" from a previous installation?

10th
Avast! You cannot defeat our titan-mounted submarine staffed by cannibal vikings! - Nodwick

"I grab his deceased spirit and piledrive it back into his body, duplicating raise dead." - Psyren Oots board

#92 leandor

leandor
  • 14 posts

Posted 26 September 2013 - 04:58 PM

Hello there everyone,

This report here shouldn't be added to the fix pack until the BGT is updated?

I ask because the AI reset problem has been bugging me since I started playing my current BWP install... And I found that thread by luck while researching other problem I'm having that is driving me nuts :crazy:

Best regards,

Leandro

PS: I'm sorry is this was already mentioned before... I checked this whole thread last weekend and I don't remember seeing it... but I may overlooked.

#93 -Naranath-

-Naranath-

Posted 27 September 2013 - 12:42 PM

This is another bug I guess, the name for the Amulet of Seldarine (AMUL27) is... damaged.

Picture: https://docs.google....dit?usp=sharing

Weidu.log: https://docs.google....dit?usp=sharing

#94 -Naranath-

-Naranath-

Posted 27 September 2013 - 01:27 PM

In the middle of a conversation in English, Rielev starts speaking Polish

Picture: https://docs.google....dit?usp=sharing

#95 Lollorian

Lollorian

smiley addict

• 4150 posts

Posted 27 September 2013 - 08:24 PM

@Amulet: That's because the amulet's parchment-y graphic overlaps the name :P

@Rielev: Reported :)

"I am the smiley addict, yellow and round, this is my grin :D when I'm usually around :P.
When there's trouble brewing, see me post, cuz it's usually a wall o' yellow and your eyes are toast!!!"

BWP GUIDE - BWP FIXES - impFAQ - NPC LIST - KIT LIST - AREA LIST

GitHub Links : BWP Fixpack | Lolfixer | BWP Trimpack | RezMod

#96 leandor

leandor
  • 14 posts

Posted 27 September 2013 - 09:49 PM

Hrm... sorry to post again... I don't know how to track this.

I just cleared Ulcaster ruins and had to fight a Greater Wolfwere while in there. The problem is that this particular GW had the baby Peladan in his inventory, so I'm assuming that some mod (probably is BGSpawn but I don't know how to prove it) is using a creature reference that should be reserved for the Wolfwere Lair in Balduran Isle...

I don't think the quest will be broken (I hope? :unsure:), I'm still far from being able to go there to check, but I got really confused for a moment...

------------------

On another matter, the other issue I was having was game freezing on pause/unpause... I researched that a bit and found a report in another thread that the issue was related to a problem with Turambar contingency bug (reported in this thread) in his Drow items handling code. Then to check, I deleted that code from my Baldur.bcs and Baldur25.bcs and compiled to the override dir. After that I have been playing for two nights with no freezes at all.

I deleted all code from Turambar drow item handling from both scripts... the game still works fine (I don't really care about Drow items, never used them, probably never will, so I'm not worried about loosing that feature.)

As a side note: I noticed that the code has extensive use of the function NextTriggerObject (from TobEx), and also I observed that the game seemed to freeze more frequently when changing selected character's combat target and giving new orders while the game paused and then unpausing. Perhaps there's some yet unnoticed race condition there... Food for thought :P

In any case, my game is still biffed... so correct me if I'm wrong, so if I move those scripts away from the override folder I should recover the original scripts with Turambar code in them, right? So, in case someone thinks a way to debug this and wants to check something, I'll try to reproduce the conditions again and provide all the info I can.

Sorry for the long post... I wanted to put this as a note for anyone having this problem: it might be worth trying to do the same and see if it solves the freeze.

EDIT: wording
EDIT2: Here's my Weidu.log. Sorry, I should have attached it last night (I was half asleep when I wrote this post)

Spoiler

Edited by leandor, 28 September 2013 - 11:22 AM.

#97 10th

10th
  • 621 posts

Posted 28 September 2013 - 02:57 AM

@ Ulcaster ruins greater wolfwere
That one is from the Vault.

10th

#98 Stonewalljack

Stonewalljack
  • 3 posts

Posted 28 September 2013 - 04:58 AM

Hello,

- Installpack, Fixpack, Trimpack and Textpack are placed in a clean GoG BG2 install directory

- Baldur .ini is edited to reflect the new install path (HD0:=D:\Spel\BGII - SoA\  ,   CD1:=D:\Spel\BGII - SoA\data\   and so forth)

- No other mods present in the SoA directory yet though, but the problem is obviously something else otherwise required mods should be listed, right?

I'm having the exact same issue, anyone have ideas?

#99 The Imp

The Imp

Not good, see EVIL is better. You'll LIVE.

• 5150 posts

Posted 28 September 2013 - 07:50 AM

Hello,

I'm having the exact same issue, anyone have ideas?

Do you have a data folder in CD1:=D:\Spel\BGII - SoA\data\ -folder, or is there something else ? Like the AR1000A.bif files etc.

Yep, Jarno Mikkola. my Mega Mod FAQ. Use of the BWS, and how to use it(scroll down that post a bit). 
OK, desert dweller, welcome to the sanity, you are free to search for the limit, it's out there, we drew it in the sand. Ouh, actually it was still snow then.. but anyways.

#100 Creepin

Creepin
  • Administrator
  • 1676 posts

Posted 28 September 2013 - 08:36 AM

@Creepin
Maybe you're accustomed to BG2 Tweaks's "True Grand Mastery" from a previous installation?

10th
Thanks 10th, it was brilliant guess and correct at it! :)