Photo

BiG World Setup (an attempt to update the program)

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
5286 replies to this topic

#1361 dabus

dabus
  • 1982 posts

Posted 20 July 2015 - 07:54 AM

The value is in BiG World Setup\Config\Usr.ini, Section [Options], key ACP.

If the BWS tried to rewrite it into your registry, you should not find that key in your ini but have an entry in your BiG World Setup\Logs - directory.
Either directly in it or more likely in folder named Bak-%sometimestamp%. The files name would be BiG World Install Debug.txt and you should look at the end of it.
You changed your codepage to install some mods. If you do not intend to change your installation, you can use your old codepage No. %somecodepage%.

Do you want to set your codepage now?
Write that value to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Nls\CodePage, change the key ACP from 1252 to the value from above.

Edited by dabus, 20 July 2015 - 07:58 AM.

THINK! - It's not illegal.

#1362 dragonian

dragonian
  • Validating
  • 503 posts

Posted 20 July 2015 - 10:26 AM

Thank you Dabus, that helped :)

#1363 Usurper

Usurper
  • 1115 posts

Posted 20 July 2015 - 08:52 PM

so this BiG World Setup program is out of date and doesn't install the latest version of the Big World Project?

The Monk is always out to keep a wild mage down. But the Weave, she speaks to me. Together we work our collective will on this brittle, cracking world.
Playing the Big World Project Let's Play both here and on the Something Awful forums.

#1364 dragonian

dragonian
  • Validating
  • 503 posts

Posted 20 July 2015 - 10:54 PM

It didn`t actually install Big World Project - it let you choose your own installation. :)
But sadly yes - right now it is a bit outdated and does not have newest versions of mods :(

#1365 Tzarnal

Tzarnal
  • 61 posts

Posted 20 July 2015 - 11:01 PM

If you download the Master branch ( https://bitbucket.or.../get/master.zip ) then you are going to be roughly a month-ish behind. Nothing earth shattering has happened in the last month. Lets not get all hellfire and brimstone just yet.

Although I suppose Lollorian has done some hard work on the fixpack. Luckily you can grab the fixpack from his github page. Grab that, after BWS is done downloading and verifying existing files grab the old fixpack file, delete or rename it. Turn the github Lolorian version and turn it into a zip file and give it the old name. The fixpack has no option select it just does everything itself so there should be no problems with this.

Edited by Tzarnal, 20 July 2015 - 11:04 PM.

#1366 Lollorian

Lollorian

smiley addict

• 4150 posts

Posted 21 July 2015 - 12:22 AM

If youre getting the fixpack from the github master, just make sure to install the fixed wyvern animation v2 mod by Miloch - it can be found in the infinityanimations section in the SHS downloads.

"I am the smiley addict, yellow and round, this is my grin :D when I'm usually around :P.
When there's trouble brewing, see me post, cuz it's usually a wall o' yellow and your eyes are toast!!!"

BWP GUIDE - BWP FIXES - impFAQ - NPC LIST - KIT LIST - AREA LIST

GitHub Links : BWP Fixpack | Lolfixer | BWP Trimpack | RezMod

#1367 Red Carnelian

Red Carnelian
  • 30 posts

Posted 22 July 2015 - 11:32 AM

now that the stone of Askavar has been updated to version 1.9, do we still need to copy worldmap.wmp file from the big world folder to the override folder???

No you don't need to do this. The instructions in the install pdf need to be changed to reflect this also. :)

Edited by Red Carnelian, 22 July 2015 - 11:33 AM.

#1368 Valikdu

Valikdu
  • 20 posts

Posted 22 July 2015 - 08:40 PM

I've tried to start a new BG2 game as a test after making a tactical mega mod install. I'm shown the cutscene for the Worgas mod (Worgas breaking out of Spellhold), then he appears in a cage and then... nothing happens. Imoen doesn't unlock my cage and I can't get out.

well, time to reinstall again...

Edited by Valikdu, 22 July 2015 - 09:13 PM.

#1369 The Imp

The Imp

Not good, see EVIL is better. You'll LIVE.

• 5150 posts

Posted 23 July 2015 - 12:46 AM

I've tried to start a new BG2 game as a test after making a tactical mega mod install. I'm shown the cutscene for the Worgas mod (Worgas breaking out of Spellhold), then he appears in a cage and then... nothing happens. Imoen doesn't unlock my cage and I can't get out.

Does she(Imoen) still appear/walk to be next to your cell door ?

Yep, Jarno Mikkola. my Mega Mod FAQ. Use of the BWS, and how to use it(scroll down that post a bit). 
OK, desert dweller, welcome to the sanity, you are free to search for the limit, it's out there, we drew it in the sand. Ouh, actually it was still snow then.. but anyways.

#1370 Valikdu

Valikdu
  • 20 posts

Posted 23 July 2015 - 03:51 AM

Does she(Imoen) still appear/walk to be next to your cell door ?

She doesn't. The only thing that happens after the cutscene is the special effects on Worgas (who is in the furthest cell), then nothing.

Edited by Valikdu, 23 July 2015 - 03:54 AM.

#1371 Bill Bisco

Bill Bisco
  • 487 posts

Posted 23 July 2015 - 08:45 AM

Uninstall Worgas. Sorry to see problems with that mod.

#1372 Leonardo Watson

Leonardo Watson
  • Modder
  • 531 posts

Posted 23 July 2015 - 11:27 AM

I never had any problems with Worgas. However problems will occur if Imoen Romance v2 and up is installed.

#1373 Valikdu

Valikdu
  • 20 posts

Posted 23 July 2015 - 11:58 AM

I don't have Imoen Romance; it was incompatible with NEJ's Continuous Imoen + exclusive kit component. I have that one.

#1374 Valikdu

Valikdu
  • 20 posts

Posted 23 July 2015 - 04:12 PM

Since the Silver Star mod apparently breaks some dialogs if the character isn't joined, maybe it could be marked as Expert?

#1375 Lollorian

Lollorian

smiley addict

• 4150 posts

Posted 23 July 2015 - 05:04 PM

I think i'll try to look at both today (yay to seasonal fevers! :cheers:)

Can you elaborate on the Silverstar stuff please? :) Names pf NPCs, area codes or even actual lines of dialogue would help me lots in tracking down the issue!

"I am the smiley addict, yellow and round, this is my grin :D when I'm usually around :P.
When there's trouble brewing, see me post, cuz it's usually a wall o' yellow and your eyes are toast!!!"

#1376 Unknow_error

Unknow_error
  • 52 posts

Posted 23 July 2015 - 08:13 PM

Hi ! I have some problems with the instalation ... There are :

Problem #1 was by downloading the mods called "Sandrah NPC" , "Sandra RTF " , "Nameless Melody Inn" and "Almasteria's Restauration Project 8.2 " . The BWS couldn't dowload . I download manually and put them in the "Big world Downloads" ,but I installed manually "Sandra NPC V106b" and I can't find "Nameless Melody inn" in english.

Problem #2 was with the mod "Ascalon's Breagar" . The BWS couldn't install . Here is my  .debug of the mod : Attached File  SETUP-ACBRE.DEBUG   32.53K   306 downloads

Problem #3 was with the mod "BP-BGT worldmap" . The issue is:

"ERROR: [worldmap/map_mods_links.tbl] --> [worldmap/map_mods_links.tbl] Patching Failed (COPY) (Not found)"

There is my .debug of "BP-BGT worldmap" : Attached File  SETUP-BP-BGT-WORLDMAP.DEBUG   1.06MB   519 downloads

And my "WeiDU.log" : Attached File  WeiDU.log   46.08K   291 downloads

Thanks , and i'm waiting for your answers

#1377 Lollorian

Lollorian

smiley addict

• 4150 posts

Posted 23 July 2015 - 08:46 PM

Problem #2 is because ACBre was updated by White Agnus :P Latest download

#1378 Lollorian

Lollorian

smiley addict

• 4150 posts

Posted 24 July 2015 - 05:28 AM

A small question to anyone who can answer :)

As mentioned before, I'm in the process of updating all the links to point to the latest stuff that I'm basing the BWPFixpack on and from what I gather, the BWS uses the Mod.ini to keep track of the downloads folder. I also noticed that the master.zip package does not contain the Mod.ini in it.

I found that the Mod.ini is generated from the 661 INI files inside BiG World Setup\Config\Global depending on the kind of game you choose at the start.

Another thing I noted is that the BWS seems to update the Mod.ini as mods are downloaded (updating versions and sizes perhaps? I'll only be able to check once everything downloads... which is gonna take a while :lol:)

Once everything finishes, I'll be easily able to give you guys a single Mod.ini with the most updated shit for BG2-ToB - but are these Mod.ini updations propagated backwards into the global INIs? If yes, BWS maintenance would be easy as pie :cheers:

If no, how are the global INIs updated? Will someone take up the task of breaking up the single Mod.ini that I can provide into those global INIs?

#1379 Tzarnal

Tzarnal
  • 61 posts

Posted 24 July 2015 - 05:48 AM

As I understand it they moved from the massive global mod.ini's to individuals because the massive single mod.ini had gotten Too Big. So no, it won't propogate backwards.

If you want to change those you'll have to edit those individual ini files manually or use the built in manager.

#1380 Lollorian

Lollorian

smiley addict

• 4150 posts

Posted 24 July 2015 - 10:32 AM

Ah then we should do something about it no? :P

I've attached 46 updated global INIs to this post :cheers: Merge as required!

EDIT: Attached bwfixpack.ini pointing directly to git master for maximum fixiness :D

Attached Files

Edited by Lollorian, 24 July 2015 - 10:45 AM.