Photo

BiG World Setup (an attempt to update the program)

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
5286 replies to this topic

#2161 Lollorian

Lollorian

smiley addict

• 4150 posts

Posted 01 January 2016 - 07:11 AM

For my own game I have added this feature to ARAM00.bcs (could be put into fixpack?)

BWPFixpack'd :cheers: (I saw a thread somewhere where you posted more blocks like this yes? Can integrate them if you point them out :))

"I am the smiley addict, yellow and round, this is my grin :D when I'm usually around :P.
When there's trouble brewing, see me post, cuz it's usually a wall o' yellow and your eyes are toast!!!"

BWP GUIDE - BWP FIXES - impFAQ - NPC LIST - KIT LIST - AREA LIST

GitHub Links : BWP Fixpack | Lolfixer | BWP Trimpack | RezMod

#2162 Lollorian

Lollorian

smiley addict

• 4150 posts

Posted 01 January 2016 - 07:24 AM

Ascension EE - Stratagems stuff
snip

BWPFIxpack'd a modified version of this fix that uses the player1.tra in the ADD_JOURNAL itself rather on the TP2 load :cheers: Would be great if someone can confirm this...

"I am the smiley addict, yellow and round, this is my grin :D when I'm usually around :P.
When there's trouble brewing, see me post, cuz it's usually a wall o' yellow and your eyes are toast!!!"

BWP GUIDE - BWP FIXES - impFAQ - NPC LIST - KIT LIST - AREA LIST

GitHub Links : BWP Fixpack | Lolfixer | BWP Trimpack | RezMod

#2163 agb1

agb1
  • 1623 posts

Posted 01 January 2016 - 07:30 AM

For anyone testing the latest fix:  Ascension EE is currently Expert for BG2EE so needs to be added to selection manually.  Ascension EE + SCS are the only mods necessary to test this.

BiG World Fixpack (community collection of mod fixes and compatibility patches, with user-friendly cross-platform script)

BiG World Setup (tool to automate best-practice installation of Infinity Engine mods on Windows, with conflict analysis)

Latest version:    https://bitbucket.or.../get/master.zip

#2164 Ser Elryk

Ser Elryk
  • 157 posts

Posted 01 January 2016 - 07:45 AM

* Spell Revisions v4 pre-release is now open to playtesters with the understanding that feedback is desired -- added to Maximized & Tactical pre-selections for BGEE and BG2EE
* Spell Revisions v4 component numbering has changed to be consistent with v3 (thanks Mike1072!) so BWS rules and component descriptions have been updated to match
* Item Revisions v4 link in BWS now correctly points to v4 forum

* Removed some unnecessary file existence checks for Fixpack sub-folder copying

Ser Elryk:  do you have an item_rev folder and a setup-item_rev.exe in your game directory?  I think I figured out the problem and it should be fixed with the change above.

Hey, sorry, I had to go run an errand. Do you still need those files?

#2165 agb1

agb1
  • 1623 posts

Posted 01 January 2016 - 07:48 AM

I think we're OK, Ser Elryk.  I will run a test install soon to double check.

BiG World Fixpack (community collection of mod fixes and compatibility patches, with user-friendly cross-platform script)

BiG World Setup (tool to automate best-practice installation of Infinity Engine mods on Windows, with conflict analysis)

#2166 Roxanne

Roxanne

Modder

• 3564 posts

Posted 01 January 2016 - 08:09 AM

For my own game I have added this feature to ARAM00.bcs (could be put into fixpack?)

BWPFixpack'd :cheers: (I saw a thread somewhere where you posted more blocks like this yes? Can integrate them if you point them out :))

There was one for Isra in some discussion a while ago, but this is now adopted by the mod itself, i.e no further action required.

There was also some discussion in this thread http://www.shsforums...is-stuck-thread that a generic removal of all not transitioning NPCs could be included into ARAM000.bcs instead but this was found not to be feasible without a re-work of the BGT mod itself, so at the moment responsibility stays with the individual modders to take care of the transition or removal of their BG1 NPC in a BGT version of their mod.

The Sandrah Saga

another piece of *buggy, cheesy, unbalanced junk*

#2167 agb1

agb1
  • 1623 posts

Posted 01 January 2016 - 08:49 AM

* BGT:  Re-enabled Fixpack patches for Item Revisions and Spell Revisions (none currently)
* BG2EE:  Moved Ascension back to Recommended / Tactical pre-selection (latest Fixpack solved SCS install error)

#2168 khelban12

khelban12
  • 33 posts

Posted 01 January 2016 - 09:14 AM

BWPFIxpack'd a modified version of this fix that uses the player1.tra in the ADD_JOURNAL itself rather on the TP2 load :cheers: Would be great if someone can confirm this...
For anyone testing the latest fix:  Ascension EE is currently Expert for BG2EE so needs to be added to selection manually.  Ascension EE + SCS are the only mods necessary to test this.

I can verify that stratagems with Lollorian's patch installs fine. However i haven't used BWS nor i have played the game. I just copied the whole EE directory to a new directory, remove all installed mods up until stratagems and try to install component 1000.

I removed my "fix" and ran stratagems to verify that it will fail and indeed it fails because it doesn't find @314 message. Then i downloaded the patch from github, applied it and ran stratagems again and it installs fine. Tested with linux weidu and native linux version of BG2EE.

#2169 agb1

agb1
  • 1623 posts

Posted 01 January 2016 - 09:53 AM

Khelban, thanks for testing! Since you are playing on Linux, do you by any chance have a converted version of the Fixpack batch script? subtledoctor has been asking for an OS X version of the Fixpack script, and I think a Linux shell script would be almost (if not exactly) the same.

#2170 khelban12

khelban12
  • 33 posts

Posted 01 January 2016 - 10:14 AM

Khelban, thanks for testing! Since you are playing on Linux, do you by any chance have a converted version of the Fixpack batch script? subtledoctor has been asking for an OS X version of the Fixpack script, and I think a Linux shell script would be almost (if not exactly) the same.

Do you mean "Big World Fixpack.bat" ? If yes, no i haven't converted it.

I had only written a shell script some time ago that tolowered the Fixpack directory and ran the sed utility to change the patch files so that they can be applied on linux. (I don't remember very well but i think that the \ backslash as directory separator and the "C:\" part in "C:\BWP Patch Studio" made the patch utility not find any file to patch)

The BASH shell that exists on pretty much any linux/bsd system (and i guess in OS X too) is very powerful so it should be easy to implement in bash anything the batch file does. I took a look at the file but i don't understand everything it does.

#2171 agb1

agb1
  • 1623 posts

Posted 01 January 2016 - 12:51 PM

Khelban, thanks for pointing out the pathname issue.  Can you share your sed script?  Maybe someone else can take it and look into doing the rest of the batch script conversion for the Fixpack.

Another BWS update:

* BG2EE:  Corrected installation order for Ascalon's Breagar (mod is BGEE/BG2EE/EET compatible, if installed with EET should be installed in BG2EE directory after EET)

#2172 zonx

zonx
  • 93 posts

Posted 01 January 2016 - 02:07 PM

* Removed Ninja Waki Fix patch for Item Revisions (now included in the mod itself)
* BG2EE:  BG2 Tweaks 2270 (bard spell progression table) removed from all pre-selections

Reported Imoen Romance issue on the mod's forum:  http://imoen.blindmo...&t=6151&p=12049

zonx, can you run a weidu --change-log on SAREV25J.DLG?

Using --change-log I tracked the issue down to tashia NPC. Specifically the TOB components.

Full bg2ee tactical preset install with tashia SoA only installed fine, instead of tashia full version.

#2173 vanatos

vanatos
  • 5 posts

Posted 01 January 2016 - 02:28 PM

Hello i am the coder for the Imoen Romance mod.

Thank you very much zonx for narrowing down the mod in conflict.

I have posted the issue on the Tashia forum section of the actual dialogue change problem.

http://www.shsforums...en-romance-mod/

I am not sure how big world setup and other mods work and who maintains what so i will just quote my reply here

Tashia has a conflict with the Imoen Romance mod.

I tracked down the issue, the modification of finsol01 state 28 is the problem.

In the tashi25j. there is this line of code.

Tashia Code

REPLACE FINSOL01
  IF ~~ THEN BEGIN 28
    SAY @39
    IF ~Global("TashiaRomanceActive","GLOBAL",2)~ THEN EXTERN tashi25j rom1
    IF ~!Global("TashiaRomanceActive","GLOBAL",2)~ THEN EXTERN FINSOL01 TashiaAdd1
  END
END

this replaces the Vanilla dialogue state in the retail code.

Retail Code

IF ~~ THEN BEGIN 28 // from: 27.0
  SAY #67885 /* ~The time has come to make your choice, Bhaalspawn. What is your wish?~ [SOLAR102] */
  IF ~GlobalLT("PPEvilChoices","GLOBAL",2)
~ THEN REPLY #68063 /* ~I will retain the essence of Bhaal that is my right and become a power of the planes.~ */ DO ~SetGlobal("PlayerChoseEssence","GLOBAL",1)
~ GOTO 31
  IF ~GlobalGT("PPEvilChoices","GLOBAL",1)
GlobalLT("PPEvilChoices","GLOBAL",4)
~ THEN REPLY #68064 /* ~I will retain the essence of Bhaal that is my right and become a power of the planes.~ */ DO ~SetGlobal("PlayerChoseEssence","GLOBAL",1)
~ GOTO 30
  IF ~GlobalGT("PPEvilChoices","GLOBAL",3)
GlobalLT("PPEvilChoices","GLOBAL",6)
~ THEN REPLY #68065 /* ~I will retain the essence of Bhaal that is my right and become a power of the planes.~ */ DO ~SetGlobal("PlayerChoseEssence","GLOBAL",1)
~ GOTO 29
  IF ~~ THEN REPLY #68066 /* ~I do not want the essence of Bhaal. Do what you will with it... I want to remain mortal.~ */ GOTO 32
END

As you can see the transitions have been removed so there is only 2 instead of 4.

So any mod that tries to modify the original transitions will cause an error.

A quick and dirty solution to at least get past the install problem is to install Imoen Romance BEFORE Tashia, although that does mean the Tashia ending will completely replace (or remove) the Imoen Romance end solar talks and epilogues and Imoen will just get her vanilla ones.

Edited by vanatos, 01 January 2016 - 03:37 PM.

#2174 agb1

agb1
  • 1623 posts

Posted 01 January 2016 - 07:03 PM

Thanks vanatos for your help with the Tashia conflict!  Also thanks to JediMindTrix and White Agnus for the latest EE-compatible Ascension update with components renumbered to match the original BGT Ascension.

Latest BWS updates:

* BGT:  Tashia #0 marked Expert until this is fixed:  http://www.shsforums...od/#entry584449

* Ascension for EE updated (components 0&1 merged, other components renumbered)
* BG2EE:  Ascension marked Expert (needs testing & no stable download link -- BWS using GitHub master branch)

Edited by agb1, 01 January 2016 - 09:43 PM.

#2175 zonx

zonx
  • 93 posts

Posted 01 January 2016 - 11:16 PM

BG1EE (for once) tactical preset install, some errors.

Spoiler

Attached Files

• Attached File  logs.zip   127.69K   215 downloads

Edited by zonx, 01 January 2016 - 11:17 PM.

#2176 khelban12

khelban12
  • 33 posts

Posted 02 January 2016 - 02:21 AM

Khelban, thanks for pointing out the pathname issue.  Can you share your sed script?  Maybe someone else can take it and look into doing the rest of the batch script conversion for the Fixpack.
Not many use linux/osx so i put it in spoiler so that the thread is not hijacked with linux stuff and anyone who does not care about it can quickly ignore my post and read further posts.
Spoiler

#2177 agb1

agb1
  • 1623 posts

Posted 02 January 2016 - 05:05 AM

[spoiler]

[ERROR: Failure("resource [AR3300N.wed] not found for 'COPY'")

Gavin NPC for Tutu, BGT, and BG:EE (Gavin NPC) was not installed due to errors.
Not enough information in the BWS install log.  Please upload setup-gavin.debug from game folder.

ERROR: preprocessing APPEND_EARLY [tb#_compile_eval_buffer/kittomes/dlg/s9magsti.d]: Failure("resource [%TUTU_VAR%CENTEO.DLG] not found for 'ADD_TRANS_ACTION'")
ERROR: Failure("resource [%TUTU_VAR%CENTEO.DLG] not found for 'ADD_TRANS_ACTION'")
Kit Tomes for BG:EE, BGT and TuTu (Kit Tomes for BGT, TuTu & BG:EE) was not installed due to errors.
Lollorian -- looks like kittomes\lib\tbgcom_bgee_vars.tpa is missing this variable definition (copied from g3_bgt_cpmvars.tpa):

OUTER_SPRINT "tutu_var" ""

ERROR: Failure("resource [hlolaf.cre] not found for 'COPY'")
Two Handed Axe Item Pack (IWDification) was not installed due to errors.
hlolaf.cre is Olaf Rasmussen, one of the BG2 Temple District Guarded Compound crew.  IWDification checks for AR0602.BCS before trying to patch this creature.

ACTION_IF FILE_EXISTS_IN_GAME ~ar0602.bcs~ THEN BEGIN // soa
  EXTEND_BOTTOM ~ar0602.bcs~ ~iwdification/baf/ar0602.baf~ // add generic 2H axe to CI
  COPY_EXISTING ~hlolaf.cre~ ~override~
    REPLACE_CRE_ITEM ~cdax2h3~ #0 #0 #0 ~NONE~ ~WEAPON1~ EQUIP TWOHANDED // add +2 axe to olaf at guarded compound
END

I don't see AR0602.bcs in BGEE original game files so please search for it in your game folder to see if one of the other mods added it.

A Batleguard of Tempus kit is already in the game
Install Battleguard of Tempus Cleric Kit (Divine Remix) was skipped
Thanks.  Conflict between EET Tweaks @26=Add Priest of Tempus kit from IWD:EE (BG:EE, BG2:EE, EET) and Divine Remix @109=Install Battleguard of Tempus Cleric Kit

Edited by agb1, 02 January 2016 - 05:07 AM.

#2178 agb1

agb1
  • 1623 posts

Posted 02 January 2016 - 05:21 AM

Latest BWS updates:

* BWS:  Added conflict rule - EET Tweaks Priest of Tempus kit or Divine Remix Battleguard of Tempus kit (DR preferred)
* BG1EE:  Divine Remix 600 (Install Battleguard of Tempus Kit for Branwen) and 610 (Install Nightcloak of Shar Kit for Viconia) marked Expert (NPC_EE offers same choices with better code)
* BWS:  38 subraces mod description updated to explain why the mod is marked Expert (prevents romances)

#2179 The Imp

The Imp

Not good, see EVIL is better. You'll LIVE.

• 5150 posts

Posted 02 January 2016 - 05:34 AM

Thanks.  Conflict between EET Tweaks @26=Add Priest of Tempus kit from IWD:EE (BG:EE, BG2:EE, EET) and Divine Remix @109=Install Battleguard of Tempus Cleric Kit

This is a lie, the Battleguard of Tempus -kit and Priest of Tempus -kit are two very different things, and their codes are totally different. I should know, I reproduced one of those in my mod(based on TDD) while the other didn't exist yet(nor did the EE games). Nor this profile.

The next thing you do is make the TDD not able to install it's kits to EE games cause 2 of them already exist in the game and have very different coding. Ouh, and NEJ have Cleric of Tempus too.

Yep, Jarno Mikkola. my Mega Mod FAQ. Use of the BWS, and how to use it(scroll down that post a bit). 
OK, desert dweller, welcome to the sanity, you are free to search for the limit, it's out there, we drew it in the sand. Ouh, actually it was still snow then.. but anyways.

#2180 Roxanne

Roxanne

Modder

• 3564 posts

Posted 02 January 2016 - 05:34 AM

[spoiler]

[ERROR: Failure("resource [AR3300N.wed] not found for 'COPY'")

Gavin NPC for Tutu, BGT, and BG:EE (Gavin NPC) was not installed due to errors.
Not enough information in the BWS install log.  Please upload setup-gavin.debug from game folder.

ERROR: preprocessing APPEND_EARLY [tb#_compile_eval_buffer/kittomes/dlg/s9magsti.d]: Failure("resource [%TUTU_VAR%CENTEO.DLG] not found for 'ADD_TRANS_ACTION'")
ERROR: Failure("resource [%TUTU_VAR%CENTEO.DLG] not found for 'ADD_TRANS_ACTION'")
Kit Tomes for BG:EE, BGT and TuTu (Kit Tomes for BGT, TuTu & BG:EE) was not installed due to errors.
Lollorian -- looks like kittomes\lib\tbgcom_bgee_vars.tpa is missing this variable definition (copied from g3_bgt_cpmvars.tpa):

OUTER_SPRINT "tutu_var" ""

ERROR: Failure("resource [hlolaf.cre] not found for 'COPY'")
Two Handed Axe Item Pack (IWDification) was not installed due to errors.
hlolaf.cre is Olaf Rasmussen, one of the BG2 Temple District Guarded Compound crew.  IWDification checks for AR0602.BCS before trying to patch this creature.

ACTION_IF FILE_EXISTS_IN_GAME ~ar0602.bcs~ THEN BEGIN // soa
  EXTEND_BOTTOM ~ar0602.bcs~ ~iwdification/baf/ar0602.baf~ // add generic 2H axe to CI
  COPY_EXISTING ~hlolaf.cre~ ~override~
    REPLACE_CRE_ITEM ~cdax2h3~ #0 #0 #0 ~NONE~ ~WEAPON1~ EQUIP TWOHANDED // add +2 axe to olaf at guarded compound
END

I don't see AR0602.bcs in BGEE original game files so please search for it in your game folder to see if one of the other mods added it.
Ar0602 is best known as Irenicus Dungeon and thus is BG2 and this code is aimed at an item in the dungeon and not at BG1.

The Sandrah Saga

another piece of *buggy, cheesy, unbalanced junk*