Photo

BiG World Setup (an attempt to update the program)

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
5286 replies to this topic

#41 Nocat

Nocat
  • 66 posts

Posted 20 September 2013 - 06:02 PM

IIRC the BWP was not using the SCS "unified" version until BWPv13 so if that old install was before then, well there is your answer. But yes, it is now one single mod.

#42 Nocat

Nocat
  • 66 posts

Posted 20 September 2013 - 10:05 PM

This error seems to have resolved as I cannot get it to happen again.

Getting the following error on a recommended install.

Spoiler

I am getting the following error though:

Spoiler

#43 DavidWallace

DavidWallace
  • Validating
  • 337 posts

Posted 22 September 2013 - 12:00 PM

For goodness sake do not waste time trying to incorporate a beta version of SCS into a unified mod install! Wait for a stable version.

#44 DavidWallace

DavidWallace
  • Validating
  • 337 posts

Posted 22 September 2013 - 02:37 PM

Also, you might want to learn what the DEPRECATED flag means. At least one SCS "component" is available through BWS even though it isn't actually part of the mod.

#45 jastey

jastey
  • Administrator
  • 3218 posts

Posted 24 September 2013 - 07:31 AM

For goodness sake do not waste time trying to incorporate a beta version of SCS into a unified mod install! Wait for a stable version.

DavidW: BWP v13 incorporated SCS beta 24, so BWS is doing it, too. Is there still a problem why it would be not recommended? I had the impression it is quite stable and you were just waiting for more beta test-results to make it an official release.

#46 DavidWallace

DavidWallace
  • Validating
  • 337 posts

Posted 24 September 2013 - 07:36 AM

It's moderately stable. There are several medium-sized problems that need to be fixed, basically with the BG2 part (I think the BG1 part is stable). And there are a couple of bits that might need restructuring.

#47 -Naranath-

-Naranath-

Posted 24 September 2013 - 01:13 PM

I got the following error with a modified Tactics Install:

ERROR: Failure("resource [cadder2.cre] not found for 'COPY'")
ERROR: Failure("resource [cadder3.cre] not found for 'COPY'")
ERROR: Failure("resource [cadder5.cre] not found for 'COPY'")
ERROR: Failure("resource [cadderly.cre] not found for 'COPY'")
The Vault (erebusant's rework for BGT compatibility) (The Vault (BGT)) was not installed due to errors.

After some research the "cadder*.cre" files are from RoT. The solution was simply to copy the files from RoT to the override folder. Now, I had not selected RoT for my install, I had to download it separately for these files. Should "The Vault" have a dependency on RoT? If not and it only needs those 4 files can BWS fetch those files for that mod? 

#48 The Imp

The Imp

Not good, see EVIL is better. You'll LIVE.

• 5150 posts

Posted 24 September 2013 - 01:27 PM

After some research the "cadder*.cre" files are from RoT. The solution was simply to copy the files from RoT to the override folder. Now, I had not selected RoT for my install, I had to download it separately for these files. Should "The Vault" have a dependency on RoT? If not and it only needs those 4 files can BWS fetch those files for that mod? 
Did you install the BGT ? As, if my memory serves me at all, those files should be in coming from the BGT, not from the RoT. And that should make the BGT Vault incompatible with your install that has no BGT in it.

Yep, Jarno Mikkola. my Mega Mod FAQ. Use of the BWS, and how to use it(scroll down that post a bit). 
OK, desert dweller, welcome to the sanity, you are free to search for the limit, it's out there, we drew it in the sand. Ouh, actually it was still snow then.. but anyways.

#49 -Naranath-

-Naranath-

Posted 24 September 2013 - 02:18 PM

I did select BGT, and I checked; BGT does not have the cadder*.cre files.

#50 -Beleg33-

-Beleg33-

Posted 24 September 2013 - 04:18 PM

There's this block in The Vault's TP2 : 

ACTION_IF FILE_EXISTS_IN_GAME ~alissa8.cre~ THEN BEGIN
COPY_EXISTING ~cadder2.cre~  ~override~
~cadder3.cre~  ~override~
~cadder5.cre~  ~override~
~cadderly.cre~  ~override~
  PATCH_IF (SOURCE_SIZE > 0x2d3) THEN BEGIN // protects against invalid files
    WRITE_LONG 0x14     15000             // XP Value
    WRITE_SHORT 0x24     160               // Current HP
    WRITE_SHORT 0x26     160               // Max HP
    WRITE_BYTE 0x52      ~6~               // THAC0
    WRITE_BYTE 0x53      2                 // # Attacks
    WRITE_BYTE 0x66      80                // Lore
    WRITE_BYTE 0x242     0                 // Morale Recovery
    WRITE_ASCII 0x280    Cadder            // Death Variable
    ADD_CRE_ITEM ~STAFCAD~ #0 #0 #0 ~NONE~ ~WEAPON1~ EQUIP
ADD_CRE_ITEM ~potn08~ #3 #0 #0 ~None~ ~qitem1~
ADD_CRE_ITEM ~clck01~ #1 #0 #0 ~None~ ~cloak~
  END
BUT_ONLY_IF_IT_CHANGES
END

Not sure what's its original purpose... is ALISSA8.CRE from RoT too? Some compatibility fix maybe? (Never played RoT)  :WTF:

#51 -Beleg33-

-Beleg33-

Posted 24 September 2013 - 04:27 PM

After some thinking (and googling) about this I believe it was a workaround (by Erebusant?) for Cadderly's continuity when RoT is installed since apparently he reappears in that mod.

I suppose the install order has changed quite a bit with v13 and now RoT is installed later so The Vault can't find those files...

#52 Beleg33

Beleg33

AKA Adanedhel on G3

• 521 posts

Posted 24 September 2013 - 04:37 PM

Forget that, RoT was not installed so some other mod added that ALISSA8.CRE for weidu to run that block :wall: 

OR

Messed up install/backup/whatever and you had leftover files in your override folder from a previous/failed install ?

Random spambot #8434678 said :

you should liquor multiplying great deal supplment your to office apparel predicated copy may possibly be an go through check out this behave as more busy den has an interest in pc

#53 -Naranath-

-Naranath-

Posted 25 September 2013 - 01:32 AM

Messed up install/backup/whatever and you had leftover files in your override folder from a previous/failed install ?

No, it was a clean install. However, while I had not selected the RoT mod, I had selected the RoT Kit Pack. I checked, ALISSA8.CRE is in the kits folder of RoT so presumably that's were it came from. So should someone choose to install the RoT Kit pack without the full RoT mod, those 4 cadder*.cre files will need to be copied I guess.

Additionally,

Vlad's Charming Rogue Kit does not install without BPSeries Party AI, yet no dependency exists in BWS

BGT NPC Portraits components 1030 & 1031 require RoT but are not flagged for Conflict unless the RoT Kit Pack is not selected as well. So they should be dependent on ROT(0) rather than ROT(-). 

Turambar fixes and tweaks component 0016 is a fix for DSotSC and will not install without it, yet does not have a dependency in BWS.

I also have this error I cannot track down:
ERROR: Failure("DECOMPRESS_BIFF: file not found area090a.bif")
Sensible Entrance Points (BG2 Tweak Pack (BG2 Tweaks)) was not installed due to errors.

#54 Wisp

Wisp
  • Modder
  • 1353 posts

Posted 25 September 2013 - 02:12 AM

I also have this error I cannot track down:
ERROR: Failure("DECOMPRESS_BIFF: file not found area090a.bif")
Sensible Entrance Points (BG2 Tweak Pack (BG2 Tweaks)) was not installed due to errors.
What kind of game do you have? GOG? Random other version? Do you have a CD3 directory? I take it CD3/data/area090a.bif does not exist. Does the file exist at all? If so, where? Does the BWP do anything to the biff?

#55 -Naranath-

-Naranath-

Posted 25 September 2013 - 10:28 AM

It's the GOG version. I dont have a CD3 directory afaik. The file does exist in Baldurs Gate II/data/Data. I should have also mentioned that during the install I copied it from there to the override directory to see if it would find it then, but it did not. I don't know what BWP does to the .bif. How do I find out?

#56 Wisp

Wisp
  • Modder
  • 1353 posts

Posted 25 September 2013 - 10:52 AM

It's the GOG version. I dont have a CD3 directory afaik. The file does exist in Baldurs Gate II/data/Data.
Thanks. The problem is then that GOG puts the biffs in a weird location.

#57 dabus

dabus
  • 1982 posts

Posted 25 September 2013 - 11:24 AM

Look here for a list of files that are included in GOG (if you need one). As said, they use a second data-dir.
Don't see a reason for that but that's what they do.

Edited by dabus, 25 September 2013 - 11:50 AM.

THINK! - It's not illegal.

#58 The Imp

The Imp

• 5150 posts

Posted 25 September 2013 - 11:50 AM

Look here for a list of files that are included in GOG. They use a second data-dir.
Don't see a reason for that but that's what they do.

I suspect the intern got sloppy and it couldn't be fixed anymore. :devil:

Yep, Jarno Mikkola. my Mega Mod FAQ. Use of the BWS, and how to use it(scroll down that post a bit). 
OK, desert dweller, welcome to the sanity, you are free to search for the limit, it's out there, we drew it in the sand. Ouh, actually it was still snow then.. but anyways.

#59 -Naranath-

-Naranath-

Posted 25 September 2013 - 11:57 AM

Where do I move the bif to so BWS can find it?

#60 The Imp

The Imp

• 5150 posts

Posted 25 September 2013 - 12:06 PM

Where do I move the bif to so BWS can find it?

2.Q3 What should the GoG BGII [Alias] section look alike ? If one installs in to the C:\BWS\BGII - SoA\ directory... and what else.