Photo

BiG World Setup (an attempt to update the program)

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
5286 replies to this topic

#61 -Naranath-

-Naranath-

Posted 26 September 2013 - 01:56 AM

Ok maybe I didn't implement it right, but modifying the Alias in baldur.ini hasn't resolved the issue. Right now my alias looks like this:

HD0:=C:\Program Files (x86)\GOG.com\Baldurs Gate II\;C:\Program Files (x86)\GOG.com\Baldurs Gate II\data\Data\
CD1:=C:\Program Files (x86)\GOG.com\Baldurs Gate II\data\;C:\Program Files (x86)\GOG.com\Baldurs Gate II\data\Data\
CD2:=C:\Program Files (x86)\GOG.com\Baldurs Gate II\data\;C:\Program Files (x86)\GOG.com\Baldurs Gate II\data\Data\
CD3:=C:\Program Files (x86)\GOG.com\Baldurs Gate II\data\;C:\Program Files (x86)\GOG.com\Baldurs Gate II\data\Data\
CD4:=C:\Program Files (x86)\GOG.com\Baldurs Gate II\data\;C:\Program Files (x86)\GOG.com\Baldurs Gate II\data\Data\
CD5:=C:\Program Files (x86)\GOG.com\Baldurs Gate II\data\;C:\Program Files (x86)\GOG.com\Baldurs Gate II\data\Data\
CD6:=C:\Program Files (x86)\GOG.com\Baldurs Gate II\data\;C:\Program Files (x86)\GOG.com\Baldurs Gate II\data\Data\

But BWS still can't find the area090a.bif. I have also tried copying the .bif to just \data\ with no luck. What am I doing wrong?

#62 -Naranath-

-Naranath-

Posted 26 September 2013 - 02:14 AM

Ok on a hunch I copied the .bif file to C:\Program Files (x86)\GOG.com\Baldurs Gate II\ and it found it and it all worked. I don't know why. I just cut it back into \data\Data\ once it had finished it's thing.

#63 The Imp

The Imp

Not good, see EVIL is better. You'll LIVE.

• 5148 posts

Posted 26 September 2013 - 02:25 AM

Erhm, the original game is installed in your case to C:\Program Files (x86)\ --- which has all sorts of bad things when it comes to Windows cheesing up your install, it might be that you can solve them by starting the files "As Admin"... but my recommendation is still installing it to Games -folder.

Other thing is, the game HD0 should only point to single directory which is the game directory itself. PS, the game knows, well it thinks that as the path points to "C:\Program Files (x86)\GOG.com\Baldurs Gate II" that folder should have a data folder, which should have the .bif files... so pointing to sub-sub folders is totally bad, as in this case the game actually assumes to find the area090a.bif -file in C:\Program Files (x86)\GOG.com\Baldurs Gate II/data/data/area090a.bif -file, or in C:\Program Files (x86)\GOG.com\Baldurs Gate II/data/Data/data/area090a.bif -file.
Thus:
I suspect the intern got sloppy and it couldn't be fixed anymore. :devil:

Yep, Jarno Mikkola. my Mega Mod FAQ. Use of the BWS, and how to use it(scroll down that post a bit). 
OK, desert dweller, welcome to the sanity, you are free to search for the limit, it's out there, we drew it in the sand. Ouh, actually it was still snow then.. but anyways.

#64 Wisp

Wisp
  • Modder
  • 1353 posts

Posted 26 September 2013 - 04:41 AM

Yeah, I can't reproduce this on my GOG BG2; the information in the unmodified baldur.ini is valid and the biff is successfully decompressed. I can only assume this problem is due to some external factor, like an invalid edit to baldur.ini.

#65 -Naranath-

-Naranath-

Posted 26 September 2013 - 11:33 AM

Yeah, I can't reproduce this on my GOG BG2; the information in the unmodified baldur.ini is valid and the biff is successfully decompressed. I can only assume this problem is due to some external factor, like an invalid edit to baldur.ini.

Oh well. It's working now and seeing how it takes my comp several hours to install this, I think I'm just going to start playing. All I can say is I it was a 100% clean install and I had not modified the baldur.ini before I got the error. Maybe, as The Imp said, it was because I had it in /program files/. I'll be doing the same install on my brothers comp later this week so i'll test it then. Anyways, hopefully my other remarks about dependencies and such were of use. Thanks all for the help.

#66 Vlan

Vlan
  • 194 posts

Posted 29 September 2013 - 11:28 AM

THANK YOU VERY MUCH

for the update!

#67 Bolkhar

Bolkhar
  • 11 posts

Posted 01 October 2013 - 12:29 AM

Hello everyone,

First of all thank you very much for that time and effort that you put in this work

I've tried to do a new MegaMod Installation, but after running Big World Setup I've noticed that all moddownloads from www.baldursgatemods.com seem to fail. The site itself isnt accessible either.

Anyone knows if its just a temporary downtime, or is there something more serious going on?

thanks for help :D

#68 The Imp

The Imp

• 5148 posts

Posted 01 October 2013 - 02:58 AM

I've noticed that all moddownloads from www.baldursgatemods.com seem to fail. The site itself isnt accessible either.
For me they work just fine... so.

Yep, Jarno Mikkola. my Mega Mod FAQ. Use of the BWS, and how to use it(scroll down that post a bit). 
OK, desert dweller, welcome to the sanity, you are free to search for the limit, it's out there, we drew it in the sand. Ouh, actually it was still snow then.. but anyways.

#69 Bolkhar

Bolkhar
  • 11 posts

Posted 01 October 2013 - 04:00 AM

Ye, site seems to be back up.

thx though

#70 Quiet

Quiet
  • 189 posts

Posted 01 October 2013 - 09:53 AM

The BWS is updated. All links in first post.

Fixed:
  • Some dependencies
  • Vault installation problem with RoT kits (I hope)
Updated:
  • Amber, Auren Aseph, BG2 Tweaks, G3 Anniversary, I Shall Never Forget, Mur'Neth, P&P Celestials, The White Queen, WeiDu

#71 The Imp

The Imp

• 5148 posts

Posted 01 October 2013 - 10:26 AM

Download
Might I suggest that you actually point to the Download index and not to the download file itself... and you can then also add the direct download link.

#72 -Smaug-

-Smaug-

Posted 01 October 2013 - 12:28 PM

I am a total newb, how could I fix it?

ERROR: cannot locate aurenaseph/audio/K#AUREP&.wav
ERROR: Unix.Unix_error(20, "rename", "aurenaseph/audio/K#AUREP&.wav")
Auren Aseph for BG2:ToB (Auren Aseph NPC) was not installed due to errors.

#73 CamDawg

CamDawg

ALL GLORY TO THE HYPNOTOAD

• Modder
  • 1505 posts

Posted 02 October 2013 - 08:26 AM

I am a total newb, how could I fix it?

ERROR: cannot locate aurenaseph/audio/K#AUREP&.wav
ERROR: Unix.Unix_error(20, "rename", "aurenaseph/audio/K#AUREP&.wav")
Auren Aseph for BG2:ToB (Auren Aseph NPC) was not installed due to errors.

Auren v9 is out today with a fix for this.

Why is this Hypnotoad video so popu... ALL GLORY TO THE HYPNOTOAD.
____
The Gibberlings Three - Home of IE Mods

The BG2 Fixpack - All the fixes of Baldurdash, plus a few hundred more. Now available, with more fixes being added in every release.

#74 -Smaug-

-Smaug-

Posted 02 October 2013 - 12:22 PM

ERROR: parsing [M#AMBER.BCS.BCS]: Parsing.Parse_error
ERROR: [M#AMBER.BCS] -> [override/M#AMBER.BCS] Patching Failed (COPY) (Parsing.Parse_error)
ERROR: Parsing.Parse_error
Level 1 Innate Fixer (Big Picture (BP)) was not installed due to errors.

getting several of these over the entire installation.

#75 Vlan

Vlan
  • 194 posts

Posted 03 October 2013 - 02:56 PM

^ me too with the Recommended Install

#76 -Sam-

-Sam-

Posted 04 October 2013 - 02:37 AM

I get the exact same error.

#77 The Imp

The Imp

• 5148 posts

Posted 04 October 2013 - 04:30 AM

RROR: parsing [M#AMBER.BCS.BCS]: Parsing.Parse_error
ERROR: [M#AMBER.BCS] -> [override/M#AMBER.BCS] Patching Failed (COPY) (Parsing.Parse_error)
ERROR: Parsing.Parse_error
Level 1 Innate Fixer (Big Picture (BP)) was not installed due to errors.
 getting several of these over the entire installation.

^ me too with the Recommended Install

I get the exact same error.

The Amber mod just needs to be updated to the newer version... so you can do that yourselves or wait for it to get updated ...

#78 Bolkhar

Bolkhar
  • 11 posts

Posted 04 October 2013 - 06:22 AM

So, when the bugfixed Amber (v4) is downloadable, is it enough to just override the amber folder in my BG Directory, or do I have to do the whole installation again?

#79 Nocat

Nocat
  • 66 posts

Posted 04 October 2013 - 08:57 AM

Most likely the error halted the install of the Amber mod. You will have to install again if thats the case.

#80 -Guest-

-Guest-

Posted 04 October 2013 - 12:03 PM

I guess it won't work just to put Amber v4 in the Big World Downloads folder, because BWP is currently version checking for v3?