Photo

BiG World Setup (an attempt to update the program)

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
5286 replies to this topic

#81 -Sam-

-Sam-

Posted 04 October 2013 - 12:04 PM

I guess it won't work just to put Amber v4 in the Big World Downloads folder, because BWP is currently version checking for v3?

#82 Creepin

Creepin
  • Administrator
  • 1676 posts

Posted 04 October 2013 - 02:17 PM

I guess it won't work just to put Amber v4 in the Big World Downloads folder, because BWP is currently version checking for v3?
Open mod.ini file, find Amber and change download link and mod size to match a new version. This should do the trick provided there was no change in mod components from v.3 to v.4.

Edited by Creepin, 04 October 2013 - 02:18 PM.

The Old Gold - v0.2 WIP (mod for BGT/BWP/BWS)

#83 -Sam-

-Sam-

Posted 05 October 2013 - 04:32 AM

Thanks a lot!

I restarted the installation without Amber for the time being, just to see if I got any other errors. Now I see this:

##### Check the Bodies (CtB) #####
### 0000: Check The Bodies ###
Ready for installation

The following process could not be started:
Setup-CtB.exe --no-exit-pause --noautoupdate --language 0 --skip-at-view --quick-log --force-install-list 0 --logapp.
This may be caused by several reasons.

Shall the command be executed again?
Enter [r]etry, [c]ontinue or [e]xit.

I selected to retry which could have fixed it (BWS is happily doing things again), but I will repost if it comes up again.

#84 Bolkhar

Bolkhar
  • 11 posts

Posted 05 October 2013 - 08:36 AM

I'm getting an error trying to install the Kelsey/Solaufein Romance Conflict Mod, or perhaps its a component of the Kelsey Mod. 

the error is this:

ERROR: parsing [J#Klsy25.bcs]: Parsing.Parse_error
ERROR: Parsing.Parse_error

I tried googling, but to no avail :(
anybody can help?

EDIT: I get the exact same error trying to install Crossmod Romance Conflicts (Crossmod Banter Pack (BG2)) 

Edited by Bolkhar, 05 October 2013 - 09:53 AM.

#85 -Sam-

-Sam-

Posted 06 October 2013 - 04:25 AM

I also get a the following error:

ERROR: parsing [J#KLS25D.BCS.BCS]: Parsing.Parse_error
ERROR: [J#KLS25D.BCS] -> [override/J#KLS25D.BCS] Patching Failed (COPY) (Parsing.Parse_error)
ERROR: Parsing.Parse_error
Quest XP Reduction -> Reduce to 50% (Ding0's Experience Fixer (DEFJAM)) was not installed due to errors.

#86 -Sam-

-Sam-

Posted 06 October 2013 - 06:52 AM

I got the end of the install process (recommended plus a few additional mods), and I get all four failures mentioned previously (Amber, Kelsey/Sol conflict, crossmod and quest xp reduction). Then finally the whole thing dies, citing "unable to read the Debug.ini", and crashes. The install didn't finish and BG2 no longer works. I'm on Windows 7 with UAC turned off completely,

#87 The Imp

The Imp

Not good, see EVIL is better. You'll LIVE.

• 5150 posts

Posted 06 October 2013 - 07:34 AM

I got the end of the install process (recommended plus a few additional mods), and I get all four failures mentioned previously (Amber, Kelsey/Sol conflict, crossmod and quest xp reduction). Then finally the whole thing dies, citing "unable to read the Debug.ini", and crashes. The install didn't finish and BG2 no longer works. I'm on Windows 7 with UAC turned off completely,

Copy paste the weidu.log's content to a post, open the file with Notepad. This is to see how bad the issue is so to say.

Yep, Jarno Mikkola. my Mega Mod FAQ. Use of the BWS, and how to use it(scroll down that post a bit). 
OK, desert dweller, welcome to the sanity, you are free to search for the limit, it's out there, we drew it in the sand. Ouh, actually it was still snow then.. but anyways.

#88 -Sam-

-Sam-

Posted 06 October 2013 - 07:44 AM

Spoiler

#89 The Imp

The Imp

• 5150 posts

Posted 06 October 2013 - 09:28 AM

The install didn't finish and BG2 no longer works
Or the fact that you have not installed the Generalized Biffing makes the game take 20-60 minute break to load stuff before the start movie begins.

Do a restart of your PC, then install the Widescreen mod if you wish to, and then run the Generalized Biffing and then start the game.

I experienced the exact same thing with the BWP v8 or 9 once and this was before the BWPTrimpack came to use, which removes most if not all the Biffing, and it still took my 2010 computer load for 7 minutes to start the movie. :devil:
Yes, you can actually see the BGMain.exe in the Task Manager struggling...

Edited by The Imp, 06 October 2013 - 09:35 AM.

Yep, Jarno Mikkola. my Mega Mod FAQ. Use of the BWS, and how to use it(scroll down that post a bit). 
OK, desert dweller, welcome to the sanity, you are free to search for the limit, it's out there, we drew it in the sand. Ouh, actually it was still snow then.. but anyways.

#90 Creepin

Creepin
  • Administrator
  • 1676 posts

Posted 06 October 2013 - 12:00 PM

It seems like BG2 Tweaks' component "Wear Multiple Protection Items" for some reason isn't present in latest (01.10) BWS, and possibly was absent, like, since BWP 9 or somesuch. Could you put it back?

#91 Sammo

Sammo
  • 3 posts

Posted 06 October 2013 - 02:36 PM

Do a restart of your PC, then install the Widescreen mod if you wish to, and then run the Generalized Biffing and then start the game.

Thanks. I would like to know why BWS failed though. Any ideas?

#92 dabus

dabus
  • 1982 posts

Posted 07 October 2013 - 12:37 AM

Depends... have a look at the log. See where it stopped, look if the setup and its debug-file is present in the games folder.
THINK! - It's not illegal.

#93 -mitch-

-mitch-

Posted 07 October 2013 - 07:40 AM

so do i use this or do i use the version in this link http://baldurs-gate....nloads.php?id=2

#94 Vlan

Vlan
  • 194 posts

Posted 07 October 2013 - 09:19 AM

don't use the version in the link, use this one

http://www.shsforums...ogram/?p=562070

and it seems like that Kesley and Amber are two mods which add a lot of conflict through the whole installation. Would be better to disable for now.

Edited by Vlan, 07 October 2013 - 09:21 AM.

#95 CamDawg

CamDawg

ALL GLORY TO THE HYPNOTOAD

• Modder
  • 1505 posts

Posted 07 October 2013 - 11:51 AM

Amber v4 already addresses the problem upthread.

Why is this Hypnotoad video so popu... ALL GLORY TO THE HYPNOTOAD.
____
The Gibberlings Three - Home of IE Mods

The BG2 Fixpack - All the fixes of Baldurdash, plus a few hundred more. Now available, with more fixes being added in every release.

#96 The Imp

The Imp

• 5150 posts

Posted 08 October 2013 - 01:14 AM

Since I want to fix several "BWS Mega-Installation errors" which appears when using Polish language, I need clarification about this. Please, let somebody from SHS Team make statement.
Erhm, the fact that the TS needs the Baldurdash-WeiDU v1.67 is made by Vlad... it has nothing to do with the BG2Fixpack, so you going and changing the condition without the intimate knowledge of why the BDToBv1.67 is required is the thing that will hound you... there got to be a reason. Yes, the .tp2 totally wrongly coded, whatever.

I suggest that you PM Kaeloree and/or Choo Choo and/or SConrad for a permission to update the TS-BPv6.10 mod to v7... yes, you can send the PM to one first and then add the others to the same conversation, and they get their notices when they log in.

#97 honjae

honjae
  • 25 posts

Posted 08 October 2013 - 01:57 AM

Is anyone else having the same problem? It keeps crashing when it's installing BGT.

When I install it from straight download from SHS then it's fine, but when it's run from BWS I keep getting the same error message.

Btw, I'm running it as an admin to start the BWS,

And I'm pretty sure it's full install because I'm using GoG download.

My Folders are:

C:\BWS\Baldur's Gate

C:\BWS\BGII - SoA

C:\BWS\BiG World\BiG World Downloads

Edit: I've attached the full debug.

Spoiler

Attached Files

Edited by honjae, 12 October 2013 - 05:48 AM.

#98 Vlan

Vlan
  • 194 posts

Posted 08 October 2013 - 03:32 AM

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Creepin" data-cid="562703" data-time="1380925047">
<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Guest" data-cid="562698">I guess it won't work just to put Amber v4 in the Big World Downloads folder, because BWP is currently version checking for v3?</blockquote>
Open mod.ini file, find Amber and change download link and mod size to match a new version. This should do the trick provided there was no change in mod components from v.3 to v.4.</blockquote>
<p>Where exactly is the mod.ini located?</p>
<p>&nbsp;</p>
<p>edit: nevermind, found it. Amber v4 was already there though. Still gives me an error during the installation.</p>

Edited by Vlan, 08 October 2013 - 03:58 AM.

#99 Quiet

Quiet
  • 189 posts

Posted 10 October 2013 - 08:31 AM

The BWS is updated. All links in first post.

Fixed:

• Added some missing components

Updated:

• Ajantis NPC for BG2, Amber, Auren Aseph, BG1 NPCs for BG2, WeiDU

Might I suggest that you actually point to the Download index and not to the download file itself... and you can then also add the direct download link.

Done...

It seems like BG2 Tweaks' component "Wear Multiple Protection Items" for some reason isn't present in latest (01.10) BWS, and possibly was absent, like, since BWP 9 or somesuch. Could you put it back?

...and done.

Does anyone know what kind of mods add Dynaheir in BG2, and do they add it at all?

#100 Creepin

Creepin
  • Administrator
  • 1676 posts

Posted 10 October 2013 - 09:33 AM

Cool, thanks! :)