Photo

BiG World Setup (an attempt to update the program)

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
5286 replies to this topic

#4581 konva

konva
  • 738 posts

Posted 23 January 2018 - 12:42 PM

well, I send weidu log.. and im simply mage, human mage.

//i cant find the optcode you mentioned and the resource neither.. looked at another spell, but still cant find resource

Attached Files

Edited by konva, 23 January 2018 - 12:45 PM.

#4582 subtledoctor

subtledoctor
  • Modder
  • 656 posts

Posted 23 January 2018 - 01:02 PM

If the scroll doesn't have a "learn spell" effect in it, then maybe it's simply designed as a cast-only scroll? I found a scroll of Flame Strike in my current BGEE game, it was simply a powerful single-use ability (which got me out of a jam quite conveniently). Maybe it's not a bug, but something intended.

#4583 Roxanne

Roxanne

Modder

• 3564 posts

Posted 23 January 2018 - 01:12 PM

If the scroll doesn't have a "learn spell" effect in it, then maybe it's simply designed as a cast-only scroll? I found a scroll of Flame Strike in my current BGEE game, it was simply a powerful single-use ability (which got me out of a jam quite conveniently). Maybe it's not a bug, but something intended.

This specific scroll has 147 learn spell effect and 146 cast spell effect. At least the original version, but you may be correct that it is changed by a later mod.

Edited by Roxanne, 23 January 2018 - 01:30 PM.

The Sandrah Saga

another piece of *buggy, cheesy, unbalanced junk*

#4584 konva

konva
  • 738 posts

Posted 23 January 2018 - 01:19 PM

@Roxanne please can you look at mine problem with bookhunters quest? I had talked to guy at wyrm crossing he mentioned ulgoth beard some gnome, but there is no such gnome.

#4585 Roxanne

Roxanne

Modder

• 3564 posts

Posted 23 January 2018 - 01:28 PM

@Roxanne please can you look at mine problem with bookhunters quest? I had talked to guy at wyrm crossing he mentioned ulgoth beard some gnome, but there is no such gnome.

The gnome is a dwarf, Delsvirftanyon is a vanilla figure standing outside at 1574/1186 and trying to sell you some wardstines. Also sells some information if Sandrah is present.

Edited by Roxanne, 23 January 2018 - 01:29 PM.

The Sandrah Saga

#4586 subtledoctor

subtledoctor
  • Modder
  • 656 posts

Posted 23 January 2018 - 01:38 PM

This specific scroll has 147 learn spell effect and 146 cast spell effect. At least the original version, but you may be correct that it is changed by a later mod.

I... did not suggest that? So not sure how I could be "correct" about it. I'm not aware of any mod that removes 147 effects from scrolls. (Coincidentally, I've been discussing that recently, for a future mod... but it doesn't exist yet.) And he tried using the version of the .ITM file from the SR and MnG backup folders and there was still no spell learning from it. So it seems that "it was changed by a later mod" is not the answer.

#4587 konva

konva
  • 738 posts

Posted 23 January 2018 - 01:45 PM

I... did not suggest that? So not sure how I could be "correct" about it. I'm not aware of any mod that removes 147 effects from scrolls. (Coincidentally, I've been discussing that recently, for a future mod... but it doesn't exist yet.) And he tried using the version of the .ITM file from the SR and MnG backup folders and there was still no spell learning from it. So it seems that "it was changed by a later mod" is not the answer.

I did changelog, report is on previous page, but still, true that problem is with spl not with itm.. :)

@Roxanne thanks so much, im now continuing pirate hunt :D

#4588 konva

konva
  • 738 posts

Posted 23 January 2018 - 02:09 PM

@Roxanne, according to some tips and hints with your walkthrough.. who is the opponent and brage is not at his temple, i rescued him, then talked to him at temple.. he left..

#4589 Roxanne

Roxanne

Modder

• 3564 posts

Posted 23 January 2018 - 03:01 PM

@Roxanne, according to some tips and hints with your walkthrough.. who is the opponent and brage is not at his temple, i rescued him, then talked to him at temple.. he left..

My walkthrough? What is this?

Spoiler

The Sandrah Saga

#4590 subtledoctor

subtledoctor
  • Modder
  • 656 posts

Posted 23 January 2018 - 03:59 PM

;)

#4591 konva

konva
  • 738 posts

Posted 24 January 2018 - 04:18 AM

My walkthrough? What is this?

Spoiler

some time ago you upload some txt with some notes about what to do in BG1 part :)

#4592 konva

konva
  • 738 posts

Posted 25 January 2018 - 07:05 AM

Hello, I have little problem with snakes of abbathor, received message at naskhel mines, talked at guy at beregost, at crossroads I observed ambush and got the diary, but rest I cant find, the guys at temple of helm in N baldurs gate disappear quickly.

#4593 Roxanne

Roxanne

Modder

• 3564 posts

Posted 25 January 2018 - 07:07 AM

Hello, I have little problem with snakes of abbathor, received message at naskhel mines, talked at guy at beregost, at crossroads I observed ambush and got the diary, but rest I cant find, the guys at temple of helm in N baldurs gate disappear quickly.

Spoiler

The Sandrah Saga

#4594 konva

konva
  • 738 posts

Posted 25 January 2018 - 07:12 AM

He has no such option about that

//fixed, i probably accidentaly dropped bashrik diary.. :D

Edited by konva, 25 January 2018 - 07:18 AM.

#4595 Roxanne

Roxanne

Modder

• 3564 posts

Posted 25 January 2018 - 07:24 AM

He has no such option about that

//fixed, i probably accidentaly dropped bashrik diary.. :D

~We are looking for Wostok Hammerhead. Is he known to you?~

is an option if you have these

Global("ACQWOSTOK","GLOBAL",0)
Global("ACQSNAKEWORK","GLOBAL",1)

OR

~We found a diary that must be shown to Wostok Hammerhead. Do you know where he is?~ If you have the diary

"Wostok? I know him well. But you've just missed him, he and his companions just started a patrol in the local sewers, investigating something."

"Wostok? You've just missed him, he and his companions just started a patrol in the local sewers, investigating something."

If nothing helps, you can

C:SetGlobal("ACQWOSTOK","GLOBAL",1) and search him in the sewers.

The Sandrah Saga

#4596 WanderingScholar

WanderingScholar
  • 24 posts

Posted 25 January 2018 - 01:10 PM

I'm not sure if everyone gets this problem or just ignores it since it's a minor detail but a number of mod components out there still don't seem to update game text to reflect their changes. For example, on my latest install of EET using BWS: 

- The inquisitor dispel magic nerf from SCS doesn't update the kit description

- The Wizard Slayer Rebalancing mod doesn't update the kit description (This seemed to work in classic BGT)

- The "weapon changes" component from Item Revisions v4 doesn't update any of the weapon descriptions to reflect changes

Can these be easily patched through BWS? There are more and I'm making a list in my latest playthrough.

#4597 Roxanne

Roxanne

Modder

• 3564 posts

Posted 25 January 2018 - 02:03 PM

I'm not sure if everyone gets this problem or just ignores it since it's a minor detail but a number of mod components out there still don't seem to update game text to reflect their changes. For example, on my latest install of EET using BWS: 

- The inquisitor dispel magic nerf from SCS doesn't update the kit description

- The Wizard Slayer Rebalancing mod doesn't update the kit description (This seemed to work in classic BGT)

- The "weapon changes" component from Item Revisions v4 doesn't update any of the weapon descriptions to reflect changes

Can these be easily patched through BWS? There are more and I'm making a list in my latest playthrough.

BWS does not patch mods.

BWFixpack may do so if abandoned mods are involved, which is not the case here.

The mods you list here are actively maintained mods, so any fixes should be provided by updates of those mods-

The Sandrah Saga

#4598 Sergio

Sergio
  • 954 posts

Posted 25 January 2018 - 03:29 PM

Well well well, I was afk from this forum for 6 months or 1 year at least. 

1) Bws had no mantainer when I left. Does it have one now?
2) How is the support for non EE version?
3) How is the support for EE version?
4) Is kreso still around?
5) any new mod worth getting that was released in this year?
6) Was Sarah mod updated? Is it compatible with non - ee editions?
7) anything else to add? 

Regards

Edited by Sergio, 25 January 2018 - 03:30 PM.

Low hung brow, dazed look on your face..... It appears that you are correct, my friend. You are indeed a complete imbecile.

#4599 Roxanne

Roxanne

Modder

• 3564 posts

Posted 26 January 2018 - 12:36 AM

Well well well, I was afk from this forum for 6 months or 1 year at least. 

1) Bws had no mantainer when I left. Does it have one now?
2) How is the support for non EE version?
3) How is the support for EE version?
4) Is kreso still around?
5) any new mod worth getting that was released in this year?
6) Was Sarah mod updated? Is it compatible with non - ee editions?
7) anything else to add? 

Regards

1 + 2) You might be interested in BWPy17 for BGT installs

3) this is where you are in this thread

5) the list of mods for EET is here https://rawgit.com/K...ility-List.html

6) Sarah was always for non-ee, see http://gibberlings3....howtopic=26736. To use her in EET you need the BWFixpack patch or use BWS

7) Most recent changes was

- the addition of all the Big Mods (except Soubar) to EET, e.g. RoT, CtB, Bone Hill, Vault...

-  for classic game it is new release of BWP

The Sandrah Saga

#4600 Sergio

Sergio
  • 954 posts

Posted 26 January 2018 - 01:01 AM

thanks.

Low hung brow, dazed look on your face..... It appears that you are correct, my friend. You are indeed a complete imbecile.