Photo

BiG World Setup (an attempt to update the program)

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
5286 replies to this topic

#4801 Maanape

Maanape
  • 32 posts

Posted 24 February 2018 - 03:32 PM

I had the same error with Might and Guile in BWS. I checked the code and realized it was due to a kit installed previously called Grizzly Bear, which had the last entry duplicated in kitlist.2da, effectively creating a new column. I deleted the duplicated kitids and Might and Guile installed properly.

Grizzly Bear is the official kit entry made for Wilson. It is vanilla contents.

There are at least two mods in BWS that could have changed that: Wilson chronicles, and The Bear Walker - a Werebear/Ranger kit. Maybe one of these could have duplicate the entry in kitlist.2da.

Also, is there a way to install mods compatible with an EET install listed in K4thos' list that doesn't show in BWS, such as Pai'Na NPC

Edited by Maanape, 24 February 2018 - 03:38 PM.

#4802 Quorwyf

Quorwyf
  • 61 posts

Posted 24 February 2018 - 08:13 PM

I had the same error with Might and Guile in BWS. I checked the code and realized it was due to a kit installed previously called Grizzly Bear, which had the last entry duplicated in kitlist.2da, effectively creating a new column. I deleted the duplicated kitids and Might and Guile installed properly.

Grizzly Bear is the official kit entry made for Wilson. It is vanilla contents.

There are at least two mods in BWS that could have changed that: Wilson chronicles, and The Bear Walker - a Werebear/Ranger kit. Maybe one of these could have duplicate the entry in kitlist.2da.

Also, is there a way to install mods compatible with an EET install listed in K4thos' list that doesn't show in BWS, such as Pai'Na NPC

If its EET compatible you can install it manually after. Just keep in mind that mods that need to reference .DLG files might fail to install due to the .DLGs being altered when EET_end runs. 

You shouldn't have any problems installing Pai'Na though.

Edited by Quorwyf, 24 February 2018 - 08:14 PM.

#4803 Roxanne

Roxanne

Modder

• 3564 posts

Posted 25 February 2018 - 12:01 AM

If its EET compatible you can install it manually after. Just keep in mind that mods that need to reference .DLG files might fail to install due to the .DLGs being altered when EET_end runs. 

If you install NPC mods after EET_end you may get errors or in-game oddities if those mods either have interjects with other NPCs or ToB or BG1/SoD content. In such cases you would need to uninstall EET_end, install the mod and run EET_end again. Normally that is not a problem unless the mod you add has some other dependencies.

PS - mods not appearing in BWS may be due to the fact that the author decided not to commit them to BWS.

The Sandrah Saga

another piece of *buggy, cheesy, unbalanced junk*

#4804 Maanape

Maanape
  • 32 posts

Posted 25 February 2018 - 01:10 PM

If you install NPC mods after EET_end you may get errors or in-game oddities if those mods either have interjects with other NPCs or ToB or BG1/SoD content. In such cases you would need to uninstall EET_end, install the mod and run EET_end again. Normally that is not a problem unless the mod you add has some other dependencies.

PS - mods not appearing in BWS may be due to the fact that the author decided not to commit them to BWS.

I went through the entire K4thos' list and BWS list and found that some mods in the former (Tome and Blood, Palemaster) are referenced inside BWS as deprecated in favor of EET. I'm assuming then they should be removed from K4thos' list. On the other hand several mods are not present in BWS: Ajoc's minimod, Bardic Wonders, The spellsword, Mystic Fire Paladin Kit, Pai'Na, Sheena, Southern Edge, Evil Kits and Solaufein's Rescue. So my question remains: is there a way to "inject" mods in a BWS install? Because installing them after it would just miss all the streamlining offered by IR, SR, SCS, SoB and all the mods intended to balance the game.

#4805 Roxanne

Roxanne

Modder

• 3564 posts

Posted 25 February 2018 - 01:21 PM

I went through the entire K4thos' list and BWS list and found that some mods in the former (Tome and Blood, Palemaster) are referenced inside BWS as deprecated in favor of EET. I'm assuming then they should be removed from K4thos' list. On the other hand several mods are not present in BWS: Ajoc's minimod, Bardic Wonders, The spellsword, Mystic Fire Paladin Kit, Pai'Na, Sheena, Southern Edge, Evil Kits and Solaufein's Rescue. So my question remains: is there a way to "inject" mods in a BWS install? Because installing them after it would just miss all the streamlining offered by IR, SR, SCS, SoB and all the mods intended to balance the game.

When you have the BWS view of the mod list, you can right click on any mod and select *pause prior install*, If you have some idea as to where a missing mod should go in the sequence, then just select that pause for the subsequent mod that is in the list. When BWS pauses, you inject the mod with manual install and then continue install. You can set pause multiple time (I cannot say if there is a limit, I used it myself at least three times during my last install).

The Sandrah Saga

#4806 Roxanne

Roxanne

Modder

• 3564 posts

Posted 25 February 2018 - 01:28 PM

1) Ajoc is probably missing due to dependency on TDD,

(AjocMod needs The Darkest Day=D:AjocMod(-):TDD(0))

however the EET meanwhile uses TDDz. Obviously nobody has yet checked if the mod would work with TDDz. Would be interesting to hear your test results.

2) Sheena may be an error in the list, because Sheena does not even appear as a BG2EE mod. Is there an EE version at all?

3) Solaufein is there nut requires patching. There is a new version in progress. The existing patch was done for an older version, this may be your issue.

4) All the other mods were never committed to BWS at all - this is not EET specific but BWS in general does not know of them.

Edited by Roxanne, 26 February 2018 - 01:33 AM.

The Sandrah Saga

#4807 -PaulaM-

-PaulaM-

Posted 25 February 2018 - 01:46 PM

I made an inquiry just weeks ago about Sheena

https://forums.beamd...#Comment_949602

They work on it but it's not ready yet. EET list was before the game update to 2.3, I guess it has to do with half dragon animation and kit.

#4808 TheNecromancer

TheNecromancer
  • 15 posts

Posted 26 February 2018 - 11:40 AM

Just to make sure, after the megamod installs is it safe to run anti-virus for a scan or would it screw up the order?

#4809 enderandrew

enderandrew
  • 166 posts

Posted 26 February 2018 - 11:52 AM

Just to make sure, after the megamod installs is it safe to run anti-virus for a scan or would it screw up the order?
A scan post-install shouldn't screw up order.

I suspect most people running BWS have Microsoft Defender built into Windows, and likely another anti-virus product as well that came with their PC and are having no problems leaving them on when they do the install.

But every once in a while you could run into an issue with anti-virus (or even Microsoft SmartScreen built right into Windows) blocks one of the installers because it doesn't know what it is. So it is better to err on the side of caution and disable these programs while the install runs.
Nihilism makes me smile.

#4810 TheNecromancer

TheNecromancer
  • 15 posts

Posted 26 February 2018 - 12:17 PM

A scan post-install shouldn't screw up order.

I suspect most people running BWS have Microsoft Defender built into Windows, and likely another anti-virus product as well that came with their PC and are having no problems leaving them on when they do the install.

But every once in a while you could run into an issue with anti-virus (or even Microsoft SmartScreen built right into Windows) blocks one of the installers because it doesn't know what it is. So it is better to err on the side of caution and disable these programs while the install runs.

Cool thanks, One quick question. I was checking dependencies on SCS. Does it change the way lower resistance works with mustard jelly? I was doing a bit of testing and i had to spam 4-5 of them in order to at least have 4 of the 5 magic missiles hit. 

#4811 enderandrew

enderandrew
  • 166 posts

Posted 01 March 2018 - 07:36 AM

I think I had a similiar failure previously. Is there a way to figure out which of these mods is causing the problem?

I suppose I could do a BWS install with just Might and Guile and Wilson Chronicles, or just Might and Guile and The Bear Walker to test.
Nihilism makes me smile.

#4812 jastey

jastey
  • Administrator
  • 3218 posts

Posted 01 March 2018 - 08:16 AM

Solaufein's Rescue is updated to official v1, with direct EET compatibility. The BWFixpack is no longer necessary for v1. Download: https://www.baldurs-...eins-rescue.13/

#4813 Roxanne

Roxanne

Modder

• 3564 posts

Posted 01 March 2018 - 08:48 AM

Solaufein's Rescue is updated to official v1, with direct EET compatibility. The BWFixpack is no longer necessary for v1. Download: https://www.baldurs-...eins-rescue.13/

Question - BWS has a dependency for classic game for the drider animation on Infinty Animations , i.e. it says that the drider component needs IA to be installed. Is that still valid?

The Sandrah Saga

#4814 jastey

jastey
  • Administrator
  • 3218 posts

Posted 01 March 2018 - 09:24 AM

ALIEN: I'm investigating, thanks for the heads up.

Roxanne: The third (BGT/BGII only) component should be installed after the Core componant of IA, yes. (It won't install otherwise.)

The second component should be installed after Weimer's Solaufein, or it won't have any effect.

Edited by jastey, 01 March 2018 - 09:24 AM.

#4815 Roxanne

Roxanne

Modder

• 3564 posts

Posted 01 March 2018 - 10:03 AM

Roxanne: The third (BGT/BGII only) component should be installed after the Core componant of IA, yes. (It won't install otherwise.)

The second component should be installed after Weimer's Solaufein, or it won't have any effect.

I hope I did that right. Still using the link from Kerzenburg.

The Sandrah Saga

#4816 jastey

jastey
  • Administrator
  • 3218 posts

Posted 01 March 2018 - 11:17 AM

I hope I did that right. Still using the link from Kerzenburg.

New downloadiste is here:
https://www.baldurs-...eins-rescue.13/

New direct link:
https://www.baldurs-...load&version=14

But ALIEN is right, I fear, the direct download link might change. I'm still investigating whether this could be fixed.

#4817 enderandrew

enderandrew
  • 166 posts

Posted 01 March 2018 - 05:24 PM

I tried a minimal install with just Might and Guile, Wilson Chronicles and The Bear Walker. Wilson's Chronicles threw an error, but Might and Guile did not. Here are my logs:

https://drive.google...iew?usp=sharing

Edited by enderandrew, 01 March 2018 - 05:24 PM.

Nihilism makes me smile.

#4818 enderandrew

enderandrew
  • 166 posts

Posted 01 March 2018 - 09:58 PM

So I tried a full install with almost everything. I was going to wait for the final 2.5 patch from Beamdog, but since I was already wiping things and testing BWS I decided why not. Except this time it failed on EET-Core very early on.

https://drive.google...eaeYU0EPeMAPn71
Nihilism makes me smile.

#4819 Roxanne

Roxanne

Modder

• 3564 posts

Posted 02 March 2018 - 12:45 AM

@enderandrew Thanks for very detailed error report with all important files. EET is not adapted to 2.5 yet.

Are you sure tthat this is the problem?

[EET/temp/patch/baf/BDNOREST.baf] PARSE ERROR at line 44 column 1-57
Near Text: )
    unknown object SPECIFIC specifier [CULTIST_NEUTRAL]
[EET/temp/patch/baf/BDNOREST.baf]  ERROR at line 44 column 1-57
Near Text: )
    Parsing.Parse_error
ERROR: parsing [EET/temp/patch/baf/BDNOREST.baf]: Parsing.Parse_error

It could be tested by putting this file into BGEE/override before running EET-core

Attached File  BDNOREST.BCS   8.03K   446 downloads

Edited by Roxanne, 02 March 2018 - 12:46 AM.

The Sandrah Saga

#4820 Roxanne

Roxanne

Modder

• 3564 posts

Posted 02 March 2018 - 04:33 AM

But ALIEN is right, I fear, the direct download link might change. I'm still investigating whether this could be fixed.

You need to use "External download URL"

W-WhzayBQJepT-mIDmRNdQ.png

This way, you can 'present' you mod at https://www.baldurs-gate.de site with all description etc but the actual download link/mod archive will be using github master branch.

@Alien

We use this in BWS for all of jastey's mods that are on github - sadly the last two (Solaufein Sir Ajantis) are not.

The Sandrah Saga