Photo

BiG World Setup (an attempt to update the program)

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
5286 replies to this topic

#1961 Ser Elryk

Ser Elryk
  • 157 posts

Posted 15 December 2015 - 10:13 PM

Yup, there are 2 of them.

override

rr\lib

Edited by Ser Elryk, 15 December 2015 - 10:16 PM.

#1962 agb1

agb1
  • 1623 posts

Posted 15 December 2015 - 10:14 PM

What folders are they in?  I don't need the files - they are just dummy files (placeholders to make it easier to check if a component has been installed before).

Ah, sorry for the confusion -- rr#afix.tph is different from RR#AFIX.RR (.tph vs. .RR suffix).  So you just have the one copy in override.  What's bothering me is I can't figure out how it got there!

Well -- for now, to get you past this (since it's late and all) -- if you delete that RR#AFIX.RR from the override folder you should be able to install RR components 1 and 4 without the errors.

... is it possible that when you started this particular installation, you didn't have a clean override folder?  (Could it be left over from a previous installation?)

Edited by agb1, 15 December 2015 - 10:20 PM.

BiG World Fixpack (community collection of mod fixes and compatibility patches, with user-friendly cross-platform script)

BiG World Setup (tool to automate best-practice installation of Infinity Engine mods on Windows, with conflict analysis)

Latest version:    https://bitbucket.or.../get/master.zip

#1963 Ser Elryk

Ser Elryk
  • 157 posts

Posted 15 December 2015 - 10:19 PM

Omg my bad, the one in the rr\lib folder was rr#afix.tph, not RR#AFIX.RR! So sorry!

RR#AFIX.RR is in the override folder

#1964 Ser Elryk

Ser Elryk
  • 157 posts

Posted 15 December 2015 - 10:21 PM

I'm having a rough night in general and probably shouldn't even be fooling around with this right now. I'll just catch up with you later. Sorry for the tech-ignorance on my part.

#1965 Ser Elryk

Ser Elryk
  • 157 posts

Posted 15 December 2015 - 10:23 PM

... is it possible that when you started this particular installation, you didn't have a clean override folder?  (Could it be left over from a previous installation?)

Pretty sure it was clean. But after I get some sleep and reboot my brain I'll double-check lol.

#1966 agb1

agb1
  • 1623 posts

Posted 15 December 2015 - 10:23 PM

No problem.  I am curious about whether you started with a completely clean BGEE folder.  If you had some files from a previous installation in your override folder, that could explain this.  Otherwise I'm stumped.

Unrelated observation:  the "Additional equipment for Thieves and Bards" component of Rogue Rebalancing looks for WIZARD_PROTECTION_FROM_MAGIC_WEAPONS in Stats.IDS, but this is not present because Detectable Spells hasn't been installed.  RR includes Detectable Spells and will install them as part of that component normally, but it first checks if a different marker file -- RR#DS.RR -- is present.  So your game apparently also has a copy of RR#DS.RR in the override that shouldn't be there.

Edited by agb1, 15 December 2015 - 10:38 PM.

BiG World Fixpack (community collection of mod fixes and compatibility patches, with user-friendly cross-platform script)

BiG World Setup (tool to automate best-practice installation of Infinity Engine mods on Windows, with conflict analysis)

#1967 Ser Elryk

Ser Elryk
  • 157 posts

Posted 15 December 2015 - 10:30 PM

looks like that was the problem. When i did a Restore the file was in my override folder. I'm out of it and probably missed a step earlier. I'll do a complete reinstall from scratch tomorrow and try again. So, so, so very sorry for the headache agb1.

I'm done. I'm out. Sleep is needed before I can once again have coherent thoughts. Peace out, all.

Edited by Ser Elryk, 15 December 2015 - 10:32 PM.

#1968 agb1

agb1
  • 1623 posts

Posted 15 December 2015 - 10:39 PM

Glad to know we figured it out.  Thanks for telling me.  Have a good night.

#1969 Varvik

Varvik
  • 8 posts

Posted 16 December 2015 - 01:29 AM

Hi

iam new to install mega mod and like to say thanks to the great work that done with BWS but i have one error with BWS

ERROR: [CLABRN04.2DA] -> [stratagems_external/workspace/CLABRN04.2DA] Patching Failed (COPY) (Failure("resource [SPCL625.spl] not found for 'COPY'"))

ERROR: Failure("resource [SPCL625.spl] not found for 'COPY'")
Smarter general AI (Sword Coast Stratagems) was not installed due to errors.

i choose the tactical installations.

#1970 Roxanne

Roxanne

Modder

• 3564 posts

Posted 16 December 2015 - 02:09 AM

Hi

iam new to install mega mod and like to say thanks to the great work that done with BWS but i have one error with BWS

ERROR: [CLABRN04.2DA] -> [stratagems_external/workspace/CLABRN04.2DA] Patching Failed (COPY) (Failure("resource [SPCL625.spl] not found for 'COPY'"))

i choose the tactical installations.

See here http://www.shsforums...-99#entry583179

The Sandrah Saga

another piece of *buggy, cheesy, unbalanced junk*

#1971 The Imp

The Imp

Not good, see EVIL is better. You'll LIVE.

• 5150 posts

Posted 16 December 2015 - 02:24 AM

One of the kit mods ruins your game compatibility vice. The which, can be found with difficulty. Make a new .txt file in your game folder, open the file with Notepad and copy paste this code-text to it:

mkdir change-log
WeiDU.exe --log nul --change-log clabrn04.2da >change-log/change-log.txt --out change-log

Then use the Save As command, remove the .txt extension, and name the file to be something like "changelog.bat", and after that, just run the file like if it was a .exe -file. It will make Windows execute a small program, that will out put the change-log folder, and a text file from which you can try to guess which the mod is that adds a non existing file-reference to the file.

@Roxanne, yes, that could be helpful, if Varvik would know the end results to it. But I for one can't find it.

Edited by The Imp, 16 December 2015 - 02:33 AM.

Yep, Jarno Mikkola. my Mega Mod FAQ. Use of the BWS, and how to use it(scroll down that post a bit). 
OK, desert dweller, welcome to the sanity, you are free to search for the limit, it's out there, we drew it in the sand. Ouh, actually it was still snow then.. but anyways.

#1972 Varvik

Varvik
  • 8 posts

Posted 16 December 2015 - 02:35 AM

ok here is the log and thanks for helping :)

Mods affecting CLABRN04.2DA:
00000: /* acted upon in an indetectable manner */~SETUP-ROT.TP2~ 0 0 // Region Of Terror, v2.1: v2.1 BWP Fix
00001: /* acted upon in an indetectable manner */~SETUP-ROT.TP2~ 0 0 // Region Of Terror, v2.1: v2.1 BWP Fix
00002: /* acted upon in an indetectable manner */~SETUP-ROT.TP2~ 0 0 // Region Of Terror, v2.1: v2.1 BWP Fix
00003: /* acted upon in an indetectable manner */~SETUP-ROT.TP2~ 0 0 // Region Of Terror, v2.1: v2.1 BWP Fix
00004: /* acted upon in an indetectable manner */~SETUP-ROT.TP2~ 0 0 // Region Of Terror, v2.1: v2.1 BWP Fix
00005: /* acted upon in an indetectable manner */~SETUP-ROT.TP2~ 0 0 // Region Of Terror, v2.1: v2.1 BWP Fix
00006: /* acted upon in an indetectable manner */~SETUP-ROT.TP2~ 0 0 // Region Of Terror, v2.1: v2.1 BWP Fix
00007: /* acted upon in an indetectable manner */~SETUP-ROT.TP2~ 0 0 // Region Of Terror, v2.1: v2.1 BWP Fix
00008: /* acted upon in an indetectable manner */~SETUP-ROT.TP2~ 0 0 // Region Of Terror, v2.1: v2.1 BWP Fix
00009: /* acted upon in an indetectable manner */~SETUP-ROT.TP2~ 0 0 // Region Of Terror, v2.1: v2.1 BWP Fix
00010: /* acted upon in an indetectable manner */~SETUP-ROT.TP2~ 0 0 // Region Of Terror, v2.1: v2.1 BWP Fix
00011: ~MIGHT_AND_GUILE/MIGHT_AND_GUILE.TP2~ 0 120 // WPO: Weapon Proficiency Overhaul: v1.5
00012: ~MIGHT_AND_GUILE/MIGHT_AND_GUILE.TP2~ 0 200 // Revised Stat Bonuses: v1.5
00013: ~MIGHT_AND_GUILE/MIGHT_AND_GUILE.TP2~ 0 215 // Revised Spellcasting Tables: v1.5
00014: ~MIGHT_AND_GUILE/MIGHT_AND_GUILE.TP2~ 0 220 // Revised Movement Bonuses (Quickstride): v1.5
00015: ~MIGHT_AND_GUILE/MIGHT_AND_GUILE.TP2~ 0 255 // Revised Rangers: v1.5
00016: ~TB#TWEAKS/TB#TWEAKS.TP2~ 0 3600 // WSPATCK for all (Taimon) -> Everybody gets ApR from proficiency, only Warriors from level: TB#Tweaks, V 2.61 BWP Fix
00017: /* acted upon in an indetectable manner */~GENERALIZED_BIFFING/GENERALIZED_BIFFING.TP2~ 0 0 // Generalized Biffing: v2.2 BWP Fix
00018: /* acted upon in an indetectable manner */~GENERALIZED_BIFFING/GENERALIZED_BIFFING.TP2~ 0 0 // Generalized Biffing: v2.2 BWP Fix

#1973 The Imp

The Imp

• 5150 posts

Posted 16 December 2015 - 02:41 AM

ok here is the log and thanks for helping :)

Mods affecting CLABRN04.2DA:
00000: /* acted upon in an indetectable manner */~SETUP-ROT.TP2~ 0 0 // Region Of Terror, v2.1: v2.1 BWP Fix
00001: /* acted upon in an indetectable manner */~SETUP-ROT.TP2~ 0 0 // Region Of Terror, v2.1: v2.1 BWP Fix
00002: /* acted upon in an indetectable manner */~SETUP-ROT.TP2~ 0 0 // Region Of Terror, v2.1: v2.1 BWP Fix
00003: /* acted upon in an indetectable manner */~SETUP-ROT.TP2~ 0 0 // Region Of Terror, v2.1: v2.1 BWP Fix
00004: /* acted upon in an indetectable manner */~SETUP-ROT.TP2~ 0 0 // Region Of Terror, v2.1: v2.1 BWP Fix
00005: /* acted upon in an indetectable manner */~SETUP-ROT.TP2~ 0 0 // Region Of Terror, v2.1: v2.1 BWP Fix
00006: /* acted upon in an indetectable manner */~SETUP-ROT.TP2~ 0 0 // Region Of Terror, v2.1: v2.1 BWP Fix
00007: /* acted upon in an indetectable manner */~SETUP-ROT.TP2~ 0 0 // Region Of Terror, v2.1: v2.1 BWP Fix
00008: /* acted upon in an indetectable manner */~SETUP-ROT.TP2~ 0 0 // Region Of Terror, v2.1: v2.1 BWP Fix
00009: /* acted upon in an indetectable manner */~SETUP-ROT.TP2~ 0 0 // Region Of Terror, v2.1: v2.1 BWP Fix
00010: /* acted upon in an indetectable manner */~SETUP-ROT.TP2~ 0 0 // Region Of Terror, v2.1: v2.1 BWP Fix
00011: ~MIGHT_AND_GUILE/MIGHT_AND_GUILE.TP2~ 0 120 // WPO: Weapon Proficiency Overhaul: v1.5
00012: ~MIGHT_AND_GUILE/MIGHT_AND_GUILE.TP2~ 0 200 // Revised Stat Bonuses: v1.5
00013: ~MIGHT_AND_GUILE/MIGHT_AND_GUILE.TP2~ 0 215 // Revised Spellcasting Tables: v1.5
00014: ~MIGHT_AND_GUILE/MIGHT_AND_GUILE.TP2~ 0 220 // Revised Movement Bonuses (Quickstride): v1.5
00015: ~MIGHT_AND_GUILE/MIGHT_AND_GUILE.TP2~ 0 255 // Revised Rangers: v1.5
00016: ~TB#TWEAKS/TB#TWEAKS.TP2~ 0 3600 // WSPATCK for all (Taimon) -> Everybody gets ApR from proficiency, only Warriors from level: TB#Tweaks, V 2.61 BWP Fix
00017: /* acted upon in an indetectable manner */~GENERALIZED_BIFFING/GENERALIZED_BIFFING.TP2~ 0 0 // Generalized Biffing: v2.2 BWP Fix
00018: /* acted upon in an indetectable manner */~GENERALIZED_BIFFING/GENERALIZED_BIFFING.TP2~ 0 0 // Generalized Biffing: v2.2 BWP Fix

Can you upload the content of the change-log/ -folder as a .zip file to a site ? I am not sure the SHSForum can store them as of now, there's been a few problems with this, but mediafire.com at least can.

Yep, Jarno Mikkola. my Mega Mod FAQ. Use of the BWS, and how to use it(scroll down that post a bit). 
OK, desert dweller, welcome to the sanity, you are free to search for the limit, it's out there, we drew it in the sand. Ouh, actually it was still snow then.. but anyways.

#1974 Varvik

Varvik
  • 8 posts

Posted 16 December 2015 - 03:02 AM

http://www.mediafire.../change-log.rar

#1975 Roxanne

Roxanne

Modder

• 3564 posts

Posted 16 December 2015 - 03:18 AM

http://www.mediafire.../change-log.rar

I have recently done a large installation without the reported problem. Comparing the logs may narrow the problem down. The ones in Varviks log that I DO NOT HAVE are these

~MIGHT_AND_GUILE/MIGHT_AND_GUILE.TP2~ 0 120 // WPO: Weapon Proficiency Overhaul: v1.5
~MIGHT_AND_GUILE/MIGHT_AND_GUILE.TP2~ 0 200 // Revised Stat Bonuses: v1.5

~MIGHT_AND_GUILE/MIGHT_AND_GUILE.TP2~ 0 255 // Revised Rangers: v1.5

~TB#TWEAKS/TB#TWEAKS.TP2~ 0 3600 // WSPATCK for all (Taimon) -> Everybody gets ApR from proficiency, only Warriors from level: TB#Tweaks, V 2.61 BWP Fix

Also, CLABRN04.2DA points to rangers.

Edited by Roxanne, 16 December 2015 - 04:13 AM.

The Sandrah Saga

another piece of *buggy, cheesy, unbalanced junk*

#1976 agb1

agb1
  • 1623 posts

Posted 16 December 2015 - 05:04 AM

As of version 1.5, Might & Guile component 255 (Revised Rangers) adds a reference to SPCL625 (spirit wolf shapeshift?) in CLABRN04.2DA (Beastmaster class abilities) but does not install the innate spell itself.  SPCL625 does not exist in the original BG games (non-EE), so this is problematic.

I have reported the problem to the mod author.  If you want to fix it locally, edit the files might_and_guile\ranger\beastmaster.txt (before you install Might & Guile) or override\CLABRN04.2DA (after you install component 255 of Might & Guile, the contents of beastmaster.txt gets appended to CLABRN04.2da).  Change "GA_SPCL625" in those files to "****" to remove the invalid reference.

Edited by agb1, 16 December 2015 - 05:48 AM.

#1977 subtledoctor

subtledoctor
  • Modder
  • 656 posts

Posted 16 December 2015 - 06:22 AM

SPCL is not added by my mod, it's a .spl frok the core game.  Totemic Druid's Summon Spirit Wolf.  Why is it not in Varvik's game?

EDIT - hmm, looks like it's not in TOB, it was added in the EEs.  Didn't realize that.  So how does Totemic spirit animal summoning work in the old engine?  I see it uses an .eff file point to a .2da file listing the 4 animals... is it random??

Anyway I don't think I can distribute a Beamdog game asset in my mod, and I'm not about to add a .spl without a modder prefix, and I don't have time to make a whole new spell, so when I get to my computer I'll upload a version that simply comments out this ability for TOB/BGT games.  For now, just open clabrn04.2da in Near Infinity or DLTCEP and replace "GA_SPCL625" with "****    "

Separately, is DavidW gone?  Has he left us forever with a version of SCS that is this delicate?  A missing .spl in a clab file does ZERO harm to the game... until SCS comes in and throws a tantrum.  To my knowledge there are no AI Beastmasters in the game, or in any mod.  So the SCS general AI component is not actually DOING anything with this clab file, except seeing it and refusing to install.  Can SCS seriously not just toss an "ACTION_IF FILE_EXISTS_IN_GAME" line in before it does whatever it does with these spells??

#1978 agb1

agb1
  • 1623 posts

Posted 16 December 2015 - 10:41 AM

bp-test branch updates:

* Added Djinni Companion mod to selection for IWD:EE (with appropriate dependencies rules) including new optional component #400 (disable IWD:EE quest)

* BWS - Expert/Warning mods pop-up confirmation box will now appear when you click 'Back' from the "choose mods and components" tree-view also (still pops up just before starting installation too)

* BWS - Fixed handling of gametype_ prefix for descriptions containing vertical bars '|' in modname.ini files so we can add ||Warning descriptions that are game-type specific
* IWD:EE - added 'W'arning for Song & Silence mod and updated description (IWD:EE only) to warn that kits are not selectable in-game (thanks to subtledoctor for reporting this!)
* IWD:EE - marked Song & Silence kit components Expert in tree-view

* Changed installation order:  subtledoctor's APR fix now installs before NPC kit changes but still after generalized biffing
* Changed installation order:  Level1NPC kit change components now install before NPC_EE (shouldn't matter because BWS will not allow both mods to modify same NPC)

* Clarified NPC Kit Pack's Imoen and Nalia component descriptions (Adventurer kit can be combined with Mage kits)

Edited by agb1, 16 December 2015 - 11:00 AM.

#1979 The Imp

The Imp

• 5150 posts

Posted 16 December 2015 - 11:18 AM

Separately, is DavidW gone? Has he left us forever...
For a while now, he has been goone. But, there's a good chance he will be back at some point. The explanation is that he's real life is work intensive. Being a doctor at physics ...and so forth.
but still after generalized biffing
I'll be PM'ing you about this in the weekend.. hopefully. We'll see.
Warning: I have a variety of insane suggestions... that I can't handle on this computer.

#1980 agb1

agb1
  • 1623 posts

Posted 16 December 2015 - 11:35 AM

I'll be PM'ing you about this in the weekend.. hopefully. We'll see.
Warning: I have a variety of insane suggestions... that I can't handle on this computer.

Tease.  I eventually want to move APR fix before generalized biffing but because it's not well tested yet, I put it after biffing to make it easier to uninstall.