• Please log in to reply
300 replies to this topic

#1 Lollorian

Lollorian

smiley addict

• 4150 posts

Posted 12 October 2013 - 06:22 AM

I have some bad news folks :unsure:

Ok, With the release of BWP Fixpack v13.0.4, I have officially taken over the BiG World Fixpack :crazy:

Important links:

BWP Fixpack Official SHS Download

- The official place to get the officially latest version of the official BWP Fixpack, officially.

BWP Fixpack Git Repository

- The unofficial place to get the most up-to-date version of the BWP Fixpack (should be continuously updated while I'm around :P)

- This will always be at a higher version than the current official package of the BWPFixpack (for eg: If SHS has v13.0.4, git will have v13.0.5) This will show up in your BiG World Debug.txt when you run the fixpack

BWP Fixpack Update Tracker

- For non-git users, lets you see exactly what gets changed in each update (each commit is clickable and easily understandable: for example)

- For git users... meh :lol:

BWP Fixpack Unofficial Git Download

- For those who need the absolute latest fixes and changes applied by the BWP Fixpack.

- If something breaks if you use this, please do post and I'll gladly assist if possible. The git repo download may be unofficial but it's supposed to work :D

Fixes for the BWP Fixpack thread

- The place to find almost every fix in the BWP Fixpack (not the place to discuss why the fixpack errors out/how the fixpack sucks - do that in this thread :P)

Feel free to fork, pull, push, play and do other naughty things with the repository :P

My current objective is to audit everything in the _BWP Fixes.txt so most commits will reflect that (as well as any fixes that get added, updated, deprecated)

Problems, suggestions and absolute, blind rage - please direct it to a post in this thread. I'll do what I can :cheers:

"I am the smiley addict, yellow and round, this is my grin :D when I'm usually around :P.
When there's trouble brewing, see me post, cuz it's usually a wall o' yellow and your eyes are toast!!!"

BWP GUIDE - BWP FIXES - impFAQ - NPC LIST - KIT LIST - AREA LIST

GitHub Links : BWP Fixpack | Lolfixer | BWP Trimpack | RezMod

#2 The Imp

The Imp

Not good, see EVIL is better. You'll LIVE.

• 5148 posts

Posted 12 October 2013 - 06:50 AM

I have some bad news folks :unsure:

I still don't see anything bad at this... well, except the fact that you might get overworked on this, but that's your problem... not a bad news for the other folks. :devil: :cheers:

Ouh, and congrats.

Edited by The Imp, 12 October 2013 - 08:59 AM.

Yep, Jarno Mikkola. my Mega Mod FAQ. Use of the BWS, and how to use it(scroll down that post a bit). 
OK, desert dweller, welcome to the sanity, you are free to search for the limit, it's out there, we drew it in the sand. Ouh, actually it was still snow then.. but anyways.

#3 micbaldur

micbaldur

Retired Perkele, Ultimate BWP player

• 1692 posts

Posted 12 October 2013 - 07:05 AM

This isn't bad news like you said Lollorian this is great news. :cheers:

CHARNAMEs excellent adventures in the world of BWP expert-install here

Thanks to Leonardo Watson for making this possible

#4 Fouinto

Fouinto
  • 458 posts

Posted 12 October 2013 - 08:55 AM

Well, it's a good news ! but, is it officialy a good news ?

#5 -Cipher-

-Cipher-

Posted 12 October 2013 - 11:48 AM

There is a problem concerning line endings in the patch files of this fixpack: The line endings are UNIX style instead of windows style (as was in release v13.0.2 and before). This results in the patch.exe crashing with an assertion when a patch file is processed:

Assertion failed, hunk, file patch.c, line 343

This behaviour is documented in the http://gnuwin32.sour...kages/patch.htm page. When I change the line endings of a patch file to DOS/Windows in Notepad++ the file is processed without an error.

I guess the reason for the line ending change is GIT converting windows line endings to unix when committing to the repository.

#6 Lollorian

Lollorian

smiley addict

• 4150 posts

Posted 12 October 2013 - 12:26 PM

Shit I was afraid of this one!

I've added the --binary flag to the patch.exe cmd line. I'd be grateful if someone could test this out immediately (you'll need to download the latest master package) :cheers:

"I am the smiley addict, yellow and round, this is my grin :D when I'm usually around :P.
When there's trouble brewing, see me post, cuz it's usually a wall o' yellow and your eyes are toast!!!"

#7 -Guest-

-Guest-

Posted 12 October 2013 - 12:35 PM

Ah, I already tried that myself (should have posted it earlier). When I add the --binary option to the command line I get the following error:

patching file `AbyStore\readme-AbyStore.html'
Hunk #1 FAILED at 786.
1 out of 1 hunk FAILED -- saving rejects to AbyStore\readme-AbyStore.html.rej

This also happens also for the remaining files (at some point I stopped the batch-execution).

I suggest a checkout/pull from GIT (which should convert the UNIX line endings back to windows) and then changing the line ending option in GIT, so the line endings will be commited without any conversion.

Thanks for the quick help :)

#8 Lollorian

Lollorian

smiley addict

• 4150 posts

Posted 12 October 2013 - 01:07 PM

Ok seems fairly simple :P Please try again.

Did a

$ git config --global core.autocrlf false

in my environment to preserve dem CRLFs :cheers:

#9 -Cipher-

-Cipher-

Posted 12 October 2013 - 01:45 PM

This looks good :)

I still get the error regarding

Hunk #1 FAILED at 786.

but the other patches went through smoothly. I'm using BigWorld Setup (and slipstreamed the new BWP Fixpack from GIT into the game directory before the WeiDU installation started) by the way.

I saw that you accidently (?) added the --binary flag to the command line again. I removed it manually before starting the installation.

BigWorld Setup is still doing its thing and I have to wait some time before starting the game, but so far everything looks good. Thanks again for the help :)

#10 -Guest-

-Guest-

Posted 12 October 2013 - 03:51 PM

This looks good :)

I still get the error regarding

Hunk #1 FAILED at 786.

but the other patches went through smoothly. I'm using BigWorld Setup (and slipstreamed the new BWP Fixpack from GIT into the game directory before the WeiDU installation started) by the way.

I saw that you accidently (?) added the --binary flag to the command line again. I removed it manually before starting the installation.

BigWorld Setup is still doing its thing and I have to wait some time before starting the game, but so far everything looks good. Thanks again for the help :)

Can you explain how you did this exactly?  I really would like to install everything with BWS, but the fixpack always crashes on patch.exe.

This is what I did

1) downloaded the latest fixpack from Github (using the "download zip" button)

2) edited the .bat file and removed the --binary flag from line 56

3) repacked it to "BiG World Fixpack-13.0.4.7z" and copied over the old version in my "BiG World Downloads" folder so the BWS would use the new version

4) ran BWS and disabled new downloads so the fixed version won't get overwritten by the old version

5) but... it still crashes on patch.exe like before, i.e.

Spoiler

This *should* work, right?  What am I missing?  Did I download the wrong file or something?

#11 -Guest-

-Guest-

Posted 12 October 2013 - 04:29 PM

Never mind, ignore the above post, I figured it out: http://www.shsforums...am/#entry562956

#12 Lollorian

Lollorian

smiley addict

• 4150 posts

Posted 12 October 2013 - 06:09 PM

And done :cheers:

I'd purged my local copy and git converted everything to have LFs like the remote copy. I had to find a local copy and revert everything back :doh: Sorry for this :P

#13 Kaeloree

Kaeloree

Head Molder

• Administrator
  • 9198 posts

Posted 12 October 2013 - 06:45 PM

OH GOD

EVERYONE RUN FOR THE HILLS

Also, congratulations, I can't think of anyone better for the job :)

#14 micbaldur

micbaldur

• 1692 posts

Posted 13 October 2013 - 05:53 AM

Hello Lollorian.

Your fix for The Undying mod in here was removed from BiG World Fixpack in v11.4 or v12 (not sure) when Solaufein said here that he was updating the mod.

But he hasn't updated the mod like he said. He seems to be too busy with BG:EE. Maybe that fix should remain in fixpack until he finally updates the mod.

#15 Lollorian

Lollorian

smiley addict

• 4150 posts

Posted 13 October 2013 - 06:46 AM

Done :cheers:

#16 Wisp

Wisp
  • Modder
  • 1353 posts

Posted 13 October 2013 - 07:13 AM

Ok seems fairly simple :P Please try again.

Did a

$ git config --global core.autocrlf false

in my environment to preserve dem CRLFs :cheers:

Just so you know, using .gitattributes is today the preferred way of handling conversion of newlines.

#17 Solaufein

Solaufein

No fate but what we make

• Modder
  • 263 posts

Posted 13 October 2013 - 10:41 PM

Hello Lollorian.

Your fix for The Undying mod in here was removed from BiG World Fixpack in v11.4 or v12 (not sure) when Solaufein said here that he was updating the mod.

But he hasn't updated the mod like he said. He seems to be too busy with BG:EE. Maybe that fix should remain in fixpack until he finally updates the mod.

Well that is weird. On version 2.11 on my computer it is fixed but when I opened the TP2 file in my rar archive it still had the old names. For some reason it wasn't updated in the archive the last time I fixed this. Now it is.

Her lips were red, her looks were free
Her locks were as yellow as gold
Her skin was white as leprosy.
The Nightmare Life-in-Death was she,
Who thicks man's blood with cold.

Samuel Taylor Coleridge

http://teambg.net
The Undying

#18 micbaldur

micbaldur

• 1692 posts

Posted 14 October 2013 - 09:12 AM

Great thanks Solaufein for quick fix. :coolthumb:

Glad that thing get sorted out.

@ Lollorian  :whistling:  You can now remove that fix from fixpack. :P

#19 Lollorian

Lollorian

smiley addict

• 4150 posts

Posted 15 October 2013 - 08:25 AM

Um, Solaufein, you just made the mod copy some CRE files that aren't supplied in the mod :blink: In its current state, theUndying can't even be installed unfortunately.

The BWP Fixpack changes the block:

COPY ~TheUndying/cre/CMGHOST.CRE~ ~override~
   SAY NAME1 ~Ghost~
   SAY NAME2 ~Ghost~
   WRITE_ASCII 0x280 ~CMGHOST1~

SAY NAME1 ~Ghost~
   SAY NAME2 ~Ghost~
   WRITE_ASCII 0x280 ~CMGHOST2~

to

COPY ~TheUndying/cre/CMGHOST.CRE~ ~override/CMGHOST1.CRE~
   SAY NAME1 ~Ghost~
   SAY NAME2 ~Ghost~

COPY ~TheUndying/cre/CMGHOST.CRE~ ~override/CMGHOST2.CRE~
   SAY NAME1 ~Ghost~
   SAY NAME2 ~Ghost~

COPY ~TheUndying/cre/CMGHOST.CRE~ ~override/CMGHOST3.CRE~

You changed it into:

COPY ~TheUndying/cre/CMGHOST1.CRE~ ~override~
  SAY NAME1 ~Ghost~
  SAY NAME2 ~Ghost~
COPY ~TheUndying/cre/CMGHOST2.CRE~ ~override~
  SAY NAME1 ~Ghost~
  SAY NAME2 ~Ghost~
COPY ~TheUndying/cre/CMGHOST3.CRE~ ~override~

And those CMGHOSTX.CREs aren't present in the CRE folder in the mod :unsure:

Edited by Lollorian, 15 October 2013 - 08:27 AM.

#20 Quiet

Quiet
  • 189 posts

Posted 15 October 2013 - 08:47 AM

As far as I know, has already been a month since released a new hotfix for Item Revisions.

Edited by Quiet, 15 October 2013 - 08:48 AM.