Question about Romance

• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

#1 -RPG_Fanatic-

-RPG_Fanatic-

Posted 24 November 2013 - 03:47 PM

I know there is a mod specifically for romance conflicts. I was wondering if this mod on its own will break other romances if it is pursured to a certain point?

#2 Rhaella

Rhaella
  • Modder
  • 648 posts

Posted 24 November 2013 - 03:59 PM

I'm not aware of any romance mod that doesn't shut down the official Bioware romances, actually. This one shuts down Aerie, Jaheira, Viconia, and Anomen (and Neera and Rasaad as well, if you're doing BG2EE). It doesn't touch any other mod romance, though.

If you delete lines 1080 through 1154 in rh#isr.baf in the scripts folder, you can deactivate that, if you want to.

#3 -RPG_Fanatic-

-RPG_Fanatic-

Posted 24 November 2013 - 04:13 PM

Thanks for the reply. I just wanted to be sure since her romance is moving much faster due to being familar is my character form the first game.

#4 -Asgardird-

-Asgardird-

Posted 01 January 2014 - 06:06 PM

Hi i would like to know if she have a tob ending like bioware romance is it a good or bad ending ?  like viconia she die i dont like that kind of thing. i always and only do aerie romance so far because she have the best ending i never did other romance. so i told myself i would try your mod isra but i want to know  before doing all the game again and then have a surprised at the end of tob. and maybe you answer that already, im  sorry if you did. do she have interaction with what happen around in game like meeting dragon ? thank you very much.

#5 Rhaella

Rhaella
  • Modder
  • 648 posts

Posted 01 January 2014 - 09:10 PM

Nah, you don't have to worry about bad endings in ToB.

And yes, she has interjections.

#6 -Danny-

-Danny-

Posted 02 January 2014 - 08:56 AM

Hello if i download another npc mod like tashia,chloe,saerileth or fade is that gonna break isra romance part ?

#7 -Danny-

-Danny-

Posted 02 January 2014 - 08:59 AM

sorry i mean.. cannot have 2 romance at same time so i can save time i dont need to do the game 3 time? its will break other romance if example tashia become activeroamnce 2 so isra cannot be romance anymore? thank you

#8 -Danny-

-Danny-

Posted 02 January 2014 - 07:57 PM

Hi Nevermind i just found out its work  but now i am at global talk 9 and its stuck there for a  long time my rep is 16 i try to sleep talk to her anything dont seem to work with the  ee keeper  i put the global talk to 10 and its work very fast so did i do something wrong or i must wait more longer ? to engage globaltalk 9 ? thank you

#9 Rhaella

Rhaella
  • Modder
  • 648 posts

Posted 03 January 2014 - 09:02 PM

Do you mean you're at the talk #9 or the IsraTalks variable says 9? If the latter, resting in an inn should trigger the next talk.

#10 -Asgardird-

-Asgardird-

Posted 07 January 2014 - 09:33 PM

Hello i would like to know how many love talk there is  for SoA part............. i am near the end and she is at 43 lovetalk ?  thanks

#11 Rhaella

Rhaella
  • Modder
  • 648 posts

Posted 08 January 2014 - 06:24 PM

There should be one more.

#12 -LotM-

-LotM-

Posted 13 June 2014 - 10:55 PM

Hello, I followed your instructions above with regards of deleting lines in the .baf file to allow for multiple romances with Jaheira, and both romances are  still incompatible past a certain point (ie. sleeping with Isra breaks Jaheira romance).

Would you have any suggestions?

Originally, I just wanted the Jaheira romance, and thought I'd try your mod for friendship, as I liked your work a lot for BG1 Isra. And now, your character is so well integrated in the story I'd like to discover all of your lines for her ::).

But as I have never played the Jaheira quests, I would like to do them too in this playthrough.

Congratulations for a fantastic add-on to the game!

LotM

#13 Rhaella

Rhaella
  • Modder
  • 648 posts

Posted 14 June 2014 - 08:27 AM

I think you can get all of Jaheira's quests even without romancing her, actually! At least, I always have been able to. (She seems to think I am romancing her, though, so your mileage may vary.)

Have you deleted this line in rh#isr.baf?

IF
Global("rh#IsraRomanceActive","GLOBAL",2)
OR(2)
  Global("JaheiraRomanceActive","GLOBAL",1)
  Global("JaheiraRomanceActive","GLOBAL",2)
THEN
  RESPONSE #100
   SetGlobal("JaheiraRomanceActive","GLOBAL",3)
END

That's what would be shutting down Jaheira at this point.

#14 -Guest-

-Guest-

Posted 14 June 2014 - 06:16 PM

Thank you very much for your answer!

Yes, I have deleted that line, and Shadowkeeper still tells me that jaheira's romance is at 3 after the first night with Isra.

My last save is just before the lovetalk occurs, is that too late to implement the change in the scripts?

Thanks for your help in this.

#15 -LotM-

-LotM-

Posted 15 June 2014 - 11:18 AM

After a few trials, I think the problem is not from Isra, but perhaps the multi-romance mod does not work properly with EE, as it seems that the game constantly checks on romances and corrects all other romances to "3" when  a single character is on the status "2" of a romance.

Thank you for this great mod in any case.

#16 -Jakko-

-Jakko-

Posted 12 August 2014 - 02:42 PM

Forgive me for bumping this thread, please.

I also am having a similar problem after resting in the inn and having "the talk."  I'm not sure how it affects Jaheria, because she is taken away by Meronia right afterwards, however, both Aerie and Isra have that "stutter step."

I tried removing all the Romance Conflicts from rh#isr.bam, but the error still occurs. Could it be a symptom of Baldurs Gate 2:EE, as another mentioned? I am also using the Multiple Romance tweak.

#17 -Jane Doe-

-Jane Doe-

Posted 08 May 2015 - 07:45 PM

I'm not aware of any romance mod that doesn't shut down the official Bioware romances, actually. This one shuts down Aerie, Jaheira, Viconia, and Anomen (and Neera and Rasaad as well, if you're doing BG2EE). It doesn't touch any other mod romance, though.

If you delete lines 1080 through 1154 in rh#isr.baf in the scripts folder, you can deactivate that, if you want to.

*I* know of at least three that don't cancel Bioware romances. Chloe, Imoen and Sarah can be romanced even if you have vanilla romances active.

But if this mod cancels out vanilla romances, wouldn't the reverse work as well? Would Aerie romance cancel out Isra? Because I adore having multi-romances. Which means that I have to stick with Sarah to have my entire party romanced. :crying: