New Balder's Gate Mod user :)

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Varnor

Varnor
  • 1 posts

Posted 12 December 2013 - 07:50 AM

Hello everyone, my first post! :)

After many years I have returned to BG (I purchased the Masters Collection) and wanted to implement all the additional mods that folks have worked hard on.  I'm using the BGT-WeiDU v1.18 but wanted to also include the BG 1 and 2 Unfinished Business mods.  I've seen references around 2012 that a more updated version existed but the links (on another forum) no longer work

I've been digging around but can't see anything older than v13 for BG1 and v23 for BG2, is this right?  I'd rather use the latest version (and help test it :P ) rather than use mods from around 2004 / 7 :)

#2 Lollorian

Lollorian

smiley addict

• 4150 posts

Posted 12 December 2013 - 08:15 AM

v13 for BG1UB and v23 for BG2UB are the latest versions indeed :cheers:

Quick note that you might already know - BG1UB should be installed in your BG2 game after BGT has been installed (BGT requires unmodded vanilla BG1)

So recommended install order:

- BGT

- BG1UB

- BG2UB

"I am the smiley addict, yellow and round, this is my grin :D when I'm usually around :P.
When there's trouble brewing, see me post, cuz it's usually a wall o' yellow and your eyes are toast!!!"

BWP GUIDE - BWP FIXES - impFAQ - NPC LIST - KIT LIST - AREA LIST

GitHub Links : BWP Fixpack | Lolfixer | BWP Trimpack | RezMod

#3 The Imp

The Imp

Not good, see EVIL is better. You'll LIVE.

• 5151 posts

Posted 12 December 2013 - 08:56 AM

I've been digging around but can't see anything older than v13 for BG1 and v23 for BG2, is this right?  I'd rather use the latest version (and help test it :P ) rather than use mods from around 2004 / 7 :)
And those are the latest versions. BG2v23 and BG1UBv13. And like Lol said, you need both in the above order.

Yep, Jarno Mikkola. my Mega Mod FAQ. Use of the BWS, and how to use it(scroll down that post a bit). 
OK, desert dweller, welcome to the sanity, you are free to search for the limit, it's out there, we drew it in the sand. Ouh, actually it was still snow then.. but anyways.

#4 Jenavee

Jenavee

Little Fire Kitten

• 178 posts

Posted 13 December 2013 - 12:55 AM

Welcome to the gaming scene, Varnor! Beyond the most holy and wise words of Lol and Impy, you should religiously read and follow the instructions detailed in the latest (as of this posting) copy of the BiG World Project's installation manual, even if you're only installing a few mods and not a mega-mod. The reason is it details the many components and conflicting interactions or special instructions necessary for making it all work smoothly.

http://www.shsforums...ld-v13-english/

The latest (to my knowledge) list of mod downloads, in the order they should be installed, is here.

http://kerzenburg.ba....eu/bwpmods.php

Edited by Jenavee, 13 December 2013 - 12:56 AM.

Join us on the Baldur's Gate Discord @ https://discord.gg/Rp7Cu5k

c2oJYXg.gif

#5 Kulyok

Kulyok
  • Modder
  • 2450 posts

Posted 13 December 2013 - 02:50 AM

I would really like to recommend BG1 NPC and BG2 Tweaks - talking companions are great, and BG2Tweaks has many convenience improvements you may enjoy.

(There's also Widescreen mod for new monitors and Level1NPCs mods that allows you to choose any class, kit and stats for your companions).

#6 Pain Elemental

Pain Elemental

Always here, just look harder.

• 643 posts

Posted 14 December 2013 - 12:47 AM

I would add some banterpack/flirtpacks for just that extra kick.

After an eternity away from you all, I've returned.

#7 Jenavee

Jenavee

Little Fire Kitten

• 178 posts

Posted 14 December 2013 - 01:10 AM

You've got that right, haha! I despise party members who don't talk with a burning fury. They're so BORING, even if they've got epic powers and stuff. I might as well play NES games if I want a quiet party.

On a related note, I highly recommend the Imoen Romance mod, or perhaps the de'Arnise romance.

Edited by Jenavee, 14 December 2013 - 01:11 AM.

Join us on the Baldur's Gate Discord @ https://discord.gg/Rp7Cu5k

c2oJYXg.gif