Drizzt Saga BGEE Megamod

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 pro5

pro5
  • Modder
  • 722 posts

Posted 10 January 2014 - 12:37 PM

Drizzt Saga mod is currently undergoing an update for BGEE compatibility, as well as repairing various existing problems, bugs and compatibility issues along the way.

This topic is a request for information on existing fixes and known problems for the current versions of this mod in a generic mega-mod / BWS setup.

I'm aware of these files currently hosted at SHS:

- Drizzt Saga WM (7 or later) patch (changes: area location coordinates on worldmap)

- Drizzt Saga for BGT/Tutu v2 (changes: Drizzt joins after Durlag's Tower is completed)

I'm planning to include these changes in the upcoming v3, so these files will no longer be necessary (v2 adaptation will be included as an optional component).

If there are any other existing fixes applied to Drizzt Saga in the current BWS / BWP setup, please let me know here so I can include them in the new version as well. Any outstanding issues and bug reports can be posted here too. A fair amount of problems I have already found and fixed, but if it's something new I'll investigate. Note that I can't change the mod's quest and dialog content since I'm not the original author (props to flysoup for creating it), I'm just upkeeping the technical side.

Cheers. :new_thumbs:

#2 The Imp

The Imp

Not good, see EVIL is better. You'll LIVE.

• 5148 posts

Posted 10 January 2014 - 01:30 PM

There's "The One Drizzt" mod that combines this Drizzt with the one in Region of Terror... I don't know if you need to know that... :D

Also I would request that you would make the biff-ing made in the "Areas.bat" file optional, so the BWInstall pack doesn't need to overwrite it. You should be able to ask Lollorian the exact details on that.

Yep, Jarno Mikkola. my Mega Mod FAQ. Use of the BWS, and how to use it(scroll down that post a bit). 
OK, desert dweller, welcome to the sanity, you are free to search for the limit, it's out there, we drew it in the sand. Ouh, actually it was still snow then.. but anyways.

#3 dabus

dabus
  • 1982 posts

Posted 11 January 2014 - 09:39 AM

There's a folder with fixes included with the BWP Fixpack,
And the Russian Textpack includes a translation.

Click to go to Megamod / BWP-files

Edited by dabus, 11 January 2014 - 09:42 AM.

THINK! - It's not illegal.

#4 pro5

pro5
  • Modder
  • 722 posts

Posted 11 January 2014 - 09:48 AM

The One Drizzt is very unlikely to be compatible unless the author updates it, not much I can do about that - there are simply too many changes.

Also in v1.41 tp2 file of this mod, there is an error:

COPY ~THEONEDRIZZT/F_CATTIB.CRE~ ~override~
  SAY NAME1 @28
  SAY NAME2 @28
  SAY INITIAL_MEETING @29
  SAY BATTLE_CRY1 @30
  SAY DAMAGE @31
  SAY DYING @32
  SAY SELECT_COMMON1 @33
  SAY SELECT_COMMON2 @29
  SAY DIALOG_HOSTILE @34
  SAY BIO @35
  WRITE_ASCII 0x260 ~_TASIGHT~ #8
  WRITE_ASCII 0x268 ~_DPLAYER~ #8
  WRITE_ASCII 0x4a4 ~_CHAN07~ #8
  WRITE_ASCII 0x4b8 ~_BRAC04~ #8
  WRITE_ASCII 0x508 ~_POTN08~ #8

Those are Tutu item and script references, though the One Drizzt mod as far as I understand is BGT only (otherwise how it can make Drizzt continuous through RoT). Looks like the author copied these lines from Drizzt Saga Tutu install branch, not realizing there were two branches for BGT and Tutu.

Also I would request that you would make the biff-ing made in the "Areas.bat" file optional, so the BWInstall pack doesn't need to overwrite it. You should be able to ask Lollorian the exact details on that.

More details would be good, so far I can't find any place in BW installpack's bat files that overwrites area biffing in Drizzt Saga - only a small patch made to Sounds.bat to remove pausing the installation. Or are you referring to the fact that biffs created from .bat files cannot be later uninstalled with weidu and have to be deinstalled manually?

There's a folder with fixes included with the BWP Fixpack,
And the Russian Textpack includes a translation.

Thanks, I'll take a look at those.

Edited by pro5, 11 January 2014 - 09:49 AM.

#5 Lollorian

Lollorian

smiley addict

• 4150 posts

Posted 11 January 2014 - 10:13 AM

The Imp talks about the BWP Trimpack's patches - which thankfully is just commenting out the block that makes a backup of the entire override for some reason :ermm:

The areas.bat/sounds.bat can remain as they are because they biff files that are most probably never going to be messed with in mods later in the install order :) (TIS and WAV files respectively)

Edited by Lollorian, 11 January 2014 - 10:13 AM.

"I am the smiley addict, yellow and round, this is my grin :D when I'm usually around :P.
When there's trouble brewing, see me post, cuz it's usually a wall o' yellow and your eyes are toast!!!"

BWP GUIDE - BWP FIXES - impFAQ - NPC LIST - KIT LIST - AREA LIST

GitHub Links : BWP Fixpack | Lolfixer | BWP Trimpack | RezMod

#6 pro5

pro5
  • Modder
  • 722 posts

Posted 08 February 2014 - 01:08 AM

v3 is out, most noticable changes in this version as far as BWP is concerned:
- Instead of installing both components 0 and 1 (core + WM support), only component 1 must be installed with BWP
- To have the v2 changes (Drizzt joins after Durlag's Tower), component 3 must be installed as well.
- It's no longer needed to copy restored BGT .WMP in override before installing Drizzt Saga in certain mod configs
- BWP Fixpack modifications are no longer needed, as they're either included or redundant.
- Russian translation from BWP Russian Textpack is included
- Current version of The One Drizzt mod won't work without some updates

Edited by pro5, 08 February 2014 - 01:11 AM.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Drizzt Saga, BGEE, Megamod