On exhausting romance dialogue tree pre-chapter 4

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 -Taot-

-Taot-

Posted 01 February 2014 - 01:11 PM

Isra has been my first NPC mod and I have been greatly enjoying the character and the writing. Huge thanks to the author.

Due to it being my first mod I was a bit baffled about the mechanics of flirting and PID-talks and it took me a while to realize I could answer back to the flirts (and/or start them). So the romance stalled a bit and thus I got on adventuring in the chapters 2 and 3.

When I figured out that I could flirt back, I manually set the flirttimer to 10 a bunch of times, flirted back, got the romance going again and got the ISRAROMANCEACTIVE to 2. 

On being asked about the quest, Isra answers: "…I would be troubled about the deal we have made."

Now as the Readme states she should be worried about Imoen, I presume the worry would be a bit less abstractly worded and thus not all her dialogue pre-chapter 4 has been exhausted.

I have not been in a hurry but I have now basically done everything there is to do in chapters 2 and 3, so I can't anymore let the talks come "naturally". Trying to PID-talk her seem to not advance (or more likely if that is the reason, I am not clicking the right dialogue options) the romance.

ISRATALKS is at 35

ISRAFLIRTCOUNTER at 7

ISRATIMEFORFLIRT is at 0

So my question to any kind soul willing to help would be, am I okay to continue to chapter 4 or if I am not, how should I proceed?

#2 Rhaella

Rhaella
  • Modder
  • 648 posts

Posted 01 February 2014 - 08:16 PM

I'm glad you're enjoying her! The romance is actually not in any way dependent upon the PID-talks, so I'm not sure why it would have stalled for you. There are a couple talks that only take place at rest in an inn, so that might have been what caught you up for a time.

But no, you haven't exhausted all of the dialogue yet. If you want to speed things up, enabling the console and typing CLUAConsole:AdvanceRealTime(50000) should expire the timer and get you to the next. (And speaking of inn talks, you'll need to rest in an inn for the next one also, but make sure the timer is expired first.)

#3 Taot

Taot
  • 1 posts

Posted 02 February 2014 - 07:34 AM

Hey, thank you very much the quick reply and help. I had tried on just leaving the game on at idle, though does that stop the real time counter at some point or not, as I hadn't got the next thing to appear?  With that console code I got the pre-chapter 4 stuff done.

I might have pretty good guess on what stalled it.  The time when there were just the cycle of flirts going on, I had gotten my Mage stronghold and I was doing the Unseeing-eye quest etc.  So I had either rested in the sphere or in the sewers for a while.  Normally it would be more pain to go the sphere to just rest but if you CTRL+J yourself to outside the door it's just so convenient… …and then I mistook correlation for causality (i.e. the different responses to flirting back for getting the romance going again.) And I should know better than to not rest at all in inns.

I got the next talk to occur just like you said, though I was first at the Trademeet Inn, where it didn't start, but going into Athkatla and into the Copper Coronet did. If the the same requirement was for the earlier talks too (I mean being inside Atkatla), that probably made it even harder with my behavior for the talks to occur. But in the end, it was my fault, just for different reason than I thought.

I hadn't done in previous runs Firkraag, Staff of Magi or Kangaxx before going to Spellhold, so it was kinda refreshing to do them with a bit different tactics this way, so that was an unexpected benefit. :]