Edwin voiceset mixed up after Edwina > Edwin transformation

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 the.only.ara54

the.only.ara54
  • 1 posts

Posted 27 July 2014 - 07:27 AM

Hi all,

To date, I've only been a reader on this forum but I've now encountered an issue which I couldn't solve on my own.

I am playing the original game (not EE) and essentially do not use mods altering its content. TOB is installed, with all patches, widescreen, some tweaks to avoid stuttering, some "pause when in dialog" mod, and I also used the Edwina mod (to have a female portrait for Edwin while he is in that form).

Description of the problem
Since Edwin recovered his original form, whenever he is tired, rather than saying "I require rest. I demand we stop.", the game triggers "I prefer to attack more directly, but a trap will do for now." (both voice & subtitles). I'm in chapter 3 in SOA, and it's pretty annoying since I plan to complete the full game TOB.

What I've attempted
I've removed everything from override/;
I've downloaded InfExp-0.85 somehow inspired by http://www.shsforums...1-several-bugs/ but what I've attempted did not affect the savegame whatsoever (I must say I've never used it before);
I've tried to exchange some files in sounds/, also somehow following http://www.shsforums...anced-editions/ as Edwin does not care about traps anyway, but nothing changes.
One of these methods might work, as I'm probably not doing it right.

Maybe should I say that there has been some kind of bug when Degarden appeared the second time. He gave Edwin his original form, but then nothing more happened: Edwin remained silent and Degarden didn't turn hostile. As even changing zone would not trigger this, I attacked Degarden. Once he was dead, Edwin eventually said the lines he should have said to Degarden. Note also that he repeated them a bit later, with no reason.

Thanks a lot for your time!

PS: for completeness, I attach a save with Edwin tired and about to complain.

PS2 : I've reloaded an old save, when I still had Edwina, and waited for Degarden to appear: this time, the dialog went though. I actually had one more dialog after his death: charname asked Edwin whether things went badly between him and the wizards of Thay.
I checked that, once tired, Edwin then says the correct line. Still, I would really appreciate if someone could indicate how I could fix it from my last save, since I've completed many quests since then :/.

Attached Files

Edited by the.only.ara54, 27 July 2014 - 07:57 AM.