Photo

Weidu installation: error loading [tables/GELCLA02.2DA]

Error: Unix.Unix_Error (20 stat table/GELCLA02.2DA Selfmade KITMOD

• Please log in to reply
75 replies to this topic

#21 The Imp

The Imp

Not good, see EVIL is better. You'll LIVE.

• 5150 posts

Posted 22 October 2014 - 12:24 PM

Looks good, except:

- Effect: Create wepon(111): Instant/permanent until death (self)                  (devour attack +2, +3, +4, +5, +6 with other albilities, and 10% magic res ending at 50%)

Try using the opcode #143 . Like said, the 111 is magical item, the 143 is normal item, the 111 can be at it's slot while you have the 143 too, and the 111 is used first. So you get to trow the ~minimeteors and when they end, you still have the 143 equipped at the slot it was originally in.

If I were you, I would place your part of the script before the DestroySelf() -thingy ... and change the counter numbers so they from 0 to 1 with the class change, then 1 to 2 with the shapeshift, and from 2 to 3 with the destroy self thingy. Ths way you can actually check your savegame if the creature killed itself, or with a console command.

I added 2 x zero in my profience listing, then got further. Got a new fault msg now, looks like it doesent mather that i "should not list thief skills" unlless its a thief class, so i guess thats not the problem. Problem is my descriptions... Do you know whats wrong with them? :)

This error comes from this portion of the old .tp2 file:

LAF fl#add_kit_ee // launch_action_function start
  INT_VAR
    biography = 102836 // This is the biography, you can browse the dialog.tlk
                      // (with NearInfinity or DLTCEP) for the string you desire or just add your own.
    briefdesc = RESOLVE_STR_REF (~Illithid, a smart creature often known as Mind Flayers or Ulitharid, wich devours the brain of the enemie foe~)
    // this is a bool check, if it's set to 1, the Kit can get Fallen, like a Paladin
    // if it's set to 0 it does nothing in the game. It's default value is 0.
    fallen = 0
    // if you set fallen = 1, you might want to add a custom string for when the Kit's user becomes Fallen.
    fallen_notice = RESOLVE_STR_REF (~this is the string which will be displayed when the Kit's user becomes fallen~)
  STR_VAR

I would quote out the lines that have the "fallen" in them. So just add the // to their beginnings.

Edited by The Imp, 22 October 2014 - 12:38 PM.

Yep, Jarno Mikkola. my Mega Mod FAQ. Use of the BWS, and how to use it(scroll down that post a bit). 
OK, desert dweller, welcome to the sanity, you are free to search for the limit, it's out there, we drew it in the sand. Ouh, actually it was still snow then.. but anyways.

#22 Gel87

Gel87
  • 190 posts

Posted 22 October 2014 - 12:42 PM

Looks good, except:

- Effect: Create wepon(111): Instant/permanent until death (self)                  (devour attack +2, +3, +4, +5, +6 with other albilities, and 10% magic res ending at 50%)
Try using the opcode #143 . Like said, the 111 is magical item, the 143 is normal item, the 111 can be at it's slot while you have the 143 too, and the 111 is used first. So you get to trow the ~minimeteors and when they end, you still have the 143 equipped at the slot it was originally in.

If I were you, I would place your part of the script before the DestroySelf() -thingy ... and change the counter numbers so they from 0 to 1 with the class change, then 1 to 2 with the shapeshift, and from 2 to 3 with the destroy self thingy. Ths way you can actually check your savegame if the creature killed itself, or with a console command.

Thanks, ill try that and test ingame :D  My ingame testing is just done by adding my shapechange on a mage with EEkeeper, so got melf's: minute shower there also for test ;) 

Was even my added command correct? I have never done anything else than copying few commandos, so if it was correct it's kinda funny as i just guessed it would be something called CastSpell xD Anyway, i did like you said, will this work the way intended? :) 

Second try on the blaf file tingy.png

I edited my post a couple of time, due to some problems. (I had luckely taken copy of what i wrote xD) So i repeat my newest fault, after the wep prof got fixed by adding 2 x zero. Ref attached picture:

GELKITerror5.png

#23 The Imp

The Imp

• 5150 posts

Posted 22 October 2014 - 12:55 PM

This last part is harder... cause I have never done any of this... :devil:

I would propose that you throw away the Enhanced Edition junk and go with this code first, from the spot you wrote had this:

INT_VAR

All the way to this:

END

And just replace it with this:

LAF ~fl#add_kit_ee~ STR_VAR kit_name=GELKITMF END

This should make the kit selectable in the game.

Edited by The Imp, 22 October 2014 - 01:16 PM.

Yep, Jarno Mikkola. my Mega Mod FAQ. Use of the BWS, and how to use it(scroll down that post a bit). 
OK, desert dweller, welcome to the sanity, you are free to search for the limit, it's out there, we drew it in the sand. Ouh, actually it was still snow then.. but anyways.

#24 Gel87

Gel87
  • 190 posts

Posted 22 October 2014 - 01:00 PM

I would quote out the lines that have the "fallen" in them. So just add the // to their beginnings.

It diden't work :S I tryed quote out those 2 lines with fallen.

Can it be this line which are causing problem? Should I remove parantetis, or do anything else? Maby i must create a new dialogue for it and refer to that?

briefdesc = RESOLVE_STR_REF (~Illithid, a smart creature often known as Mind Flayers or Ulitharid, wich devours the brain of the enemie foe~)

Quote: Try using the opcode #143 . Like said, the 111 is magical item, the 143 is normal item, the 111 can be at it's slot while you have the 143 too, and the 111 is used first. So you get to trow the ~minimeteors and when they end, you still have the 143 equipped at the slot it was originally in.

I tryed that also, when testing ingame it diden't work. It diden't actually create the item :S 
Because, i wasent able to choose devour attack +2... I might be doing it wrong though xD

Edited by Gel87, 22 October 2014 - 01:07 PM.

#25 The Imp

The Imp

• 5150 posts

Posted 22 October 2014 - 01:07 PM

I really don't know what is wrong with the briefdesc thing... never used it, so the above solution... :devil:

The RESOLVE_STR_REF should place the following text to the dialog.tlk if it's not on it and find the representative number to be placed to the proper table.

I tryed that also, when testing ingame it diden't work. It diden't actually create the item :S

What was your parameter #1 ? aka slot, it probably needs to be either 10 or 35 and 36.

Edited by The Imp, 22 October 2014 - 01:14 PM.

#26 Gel87

Gel87
  • 190 posts

Posted 22 October 2014 - 01:21 PM

This last part is harder... cause I have never done any of this... :devil:

I would propose that you throw away the Enhanced Edition junk and go with this code first, from the spot you wrote had this:

INT_VAR

All the way to this:

END

And just replace it with this:

LAF ~fl#add_kit_ee~ STR_VAR kit_name=GELKITMF END

This should make the kit selectable in the game.

I really don't know what is wrong with the briefdesc thing... never used it, so the above solution... :devil:

The RESOLVE_STR_REF should place the following text to the dialog.tlk if it's not on it and find the representative number to be placed to the proper table.

What was your parameter #1 ? aka slot, it probably needs to be either 10 or 35 and 36.

My parameter slot i chose: Wepon(dont remember number). Other options was wepon 2, wepon 3, armor etc. My problem is that im not sure how to connect that create item(143) to my devour attack +2. Since all i see are some hex numbers etc, on the other one i could chose my devour attack ;d Maby i must right click on function and chose "edit as string"?

I did work to take all that away all that stuff you said :) However i need to reinstall the mod, since i dident had the newest stuff, i just modified some stuff directly in bg folder^^ So i will try some more, with my new zip :P And also, i would prefer to have as much as possible for EE :P 

#27 The Imp

The Imp

• 5150 posts

Posted 22 October 2014 - 01:52 PM

My parameter slot i chose: Wepon(dont remember number). Other options was wepon 2, wepon 3, armor etc. My problem is that im not sure how to connect that create item(143) to my devour attack +2. Since all i see are some hex numbers etc, on the other one i could chose my devour attack ;d Maby i must right click on function and chose "edit as string"?

What do you use to edit the .spl that makes it happen ? And what version ?
Cause the uptodate Near Infinity and DLTCEP both should give to more than that. Yes, I use DLTCEP to edit spells ...
Here linked and so up to date Near Infinity, you open the SPL folder, go to the spell and select it, click Edit -tab, pickup the spell ability, and double click that, it opens up a window, click Edit -tab, then you pickup an effect and double click it, it opens up another window, that has the Resource that gives the whole selection of available in game items.

Edited by The Imp, 22 October 2014 - 02:03 PM.

#28 Gel87

Gel87
  • 190 posts

Posted 22 October 2014 - 02:27 PM

What do you use to edit the .spl that makes it happen ? And what version ?
Cause the uptodate Near Infinity and DLTCEP both should give to more than that. Yes, I use DLTCEP to edit spells ...

I use near infinity, did never understand how to even open DLTCEP, so thats why i use near infinity.

Anyway. I got problem uploading InviCre.SPL with my setup now, and i guess thats normal, cause i cant cast the spell ingame(the game freezes, tested it with help of eekeeper)

So i will first assist you in helping me about the invi creature thingy ^^ The creature is ofc just copied.

Here is the spell, probarly much wrong since i had no idea what i should copy from. Anyway, i copied it from enrage spell. I did not add it to fighter CLAB file, should i? :) 

InviCre spell.png

Here is the effect, havent edited effects before, so maby a lot wrong factors here as well? Picture is devided since not all info got with on the first pic:

InviCre Effect 1.png

InviCre Effect 2.png

Here is my fault msg:

GELKITerror06.png

Devour attacks:

My current (111) attack works perfect, exept for the fact as mention with it dissapearing if casting melf: minute shower.

Picture:

Devour attack +2(111).png

Devour attack with (143), doesn't work, i get the item placed there, but i can still only use fists(its not correctly equipped somehow), ill make a picture of how i try to do this:

Devour attack +2(143).png

I also tryed (113) equip weapon. Failen then to :P 

#29 The Imp

The Imp

• 5150 posts

Posted 22 October 2014 - 02:45 PM

Here is the effect, havent edited effects before, so maby a lot wrong factors here as well? Picture is devided since not all info got with on the first pic:

<first picture>

Well you probably need to download a little more up to date Near Infinity, cause this:

16m27lv.jpg

Is where the invicre.cre should be. :D Yep.

Here's and example picture with more up to date Near Infinity, of the whole .eff file I made ones, the IJ#GDRAG.cre is the invisible creature in this case.

fxqdyx.jpg

So go here and download the more up to date editor.

Edited by The Imp, 22 October 2014 - 02:53 PM.

#30 Gel87

Gel87
  • 190 posts

Posted 22 October 2014 - 02:53 PM

<first picture>

Well you probably need to download a little more up to date Near Infinity, cause this:

16m27lv.jpg

Is where the invicre.cre should be. :D Yep.

I changed it into "edit as string", it was then a gnoll or smt. So i wrote in InviCre. Now it looks like this(i think i have last version of nearinfinity from 10th october or smt) Picture:

Edit as string.png

But i think maby i should redo the spell? Cause it would be easier to copy the spell from my summon mindflayer or summon umber hulk wich i know works? It a lot different set up, like the effect is under Albility: Melee there etc, look picture:

Mind flayer summon.png

#31 The Imp

The Imp

• 5150 posts

Posted 22 October 2014 - 03:07 PM

I changed it into "edit as string", it was then a gnoll or smt. So i wrote in InviCre. Now it looks like this(i think i have last version of nearinfinity from 10th october or smt)

Still the fact that there are the two "Unknown"s just after the Power 5 bothers me a lots, cause they actually have a real thing effect to the spell... I believe you have actually downloaded an older version of Near Infinity than has been compiled in the last 5 years.

#32 Gel87

Gel87
  • 190 posts

Posted 22 October 2014 - 03:13 PM

I changed it into "edit as string", it was then a gnoll or smt. So i wrote in InviCre. Now it looks like this(i think i have last version of nearinfinity from 10th october or smt)

Still the fact that there are the two "Unknown"s just after the Power 5 bothers me a lots, cause they actually have a real thing effect to the spell... I believe you have actually downloaded an older version of Near Infinity than has been compiled in the last 5 years.

Well you might be correct ^^ 

This is my version of near infinity, you can also confirm if my weidu version is uber old or correct? ^^

Nearinfinity-w1.1.0   &   Weidu V1.36   are those correct? :P

Nearinfinity-w1.1.0 and weidu v1.36.png

Anyway, thanks a lot for the help so far :D Without you i would never get this mod up running :P I have to call it a evening now, since its 01:14 here and im gonna work tomorrow :P Again, thanks a lot :D 

Edited by Gel87, 22 October 2014 - 03:14 PM.

#33 The Imp

The Imp

• 5150 posts

Posted 23 October 2014 - 12:16 AM

Erhm, the MSFM WeiDU Install v1.36 is not the same as weidu v1.36, cause if we take a look at a picture from the first page;

n50qrn.jpg

It clearly says weidu.exe 23600, that's the latest version of it, this goes with the fact that you are using a BG2EE game, as ... well the previous versions didn't handle the BG2EE so well.
The MSFM WeiDU Install v1.36 is likely to be this mod. The real weidu.exe can be gained from here. But you are using that already.

The version you use is the Wisp's further modified v1.32(beta 20) or whatever which should be quite new, and it confuses me that it can't find more data that it shows on you, still it's a bit old, but made within the ~last year. Now I am not sure why I changed to the v1.35-snapshots from that very version, but I think it was the BG2EE's lack of data.

And last bit, you are a Norwegian, ha :ph34r: , I wouldn't worry about the time, cause I am from Finland so I am an hour ahead of you, and yeah, I am way better English writer thanks to the Internet, so I won't even try your language, there's no point. And I was asleep all ready when you replied. You are welcome. :D ...I mean, about getting the mod further on with my help, not about me sleeping. :devil:  ..or did I.

Edited by The Imp, 23 October 2014 - 12:19 AM.

#34 Gel87

Gel87
  • 190 posts

Posted 23 October 2014 - 01:30 PM

Erhm, the MSFM WeiDU Install v1.36 is not the same as weidu v1.36, cause if we take a look at a picture from the first page;

n50qrn.jpg

It clearly says weidu.exe 23600, that's the latest version of it, this goes with the fact that you are using a BG2EE game, as ... well the previous versions didn't handle the BG2EE so well.
The MSFM WeiDU Install v1.36 is likely to be this mod. The real weidu.exe can be gained from here. But you are using that already.

The version you use is the Wisp's further modified v1.32(beta 20) or whatever which should be quite new, and it confuses me that it can't find more data that it shows on you, still it's a bit old, but made within the ~last year. Now I am not sure why I changed to the v1.35-snapshots from that very version, but I think it was the BG2EE's lack of data.

And last bit, you are a Norwegian, ha :ph34r: , I wouldn't worry about the time, cause I am from Finland so I am an hour ahead of you, and yeah, I am way better English writer thanks to the Internet, so I won't even try your language, there's no point. And I was asleep all ready when you replied. You are welcome. :D ...I mean, about getting the mod further on with my help, not about me sleeping. :devil:  ..or did I.

I used my summon mind flayer spell/and mind flayer eff. as a base when i copied now into INVICRE spell, effect. And made effect have invicre, and made spell have effect invicre.eff. But it does not do anything xD I had to dual class from a human to become mage, then it transformed right away into mind flayer, and got +1 thaco :P

It did get all it's level up skills, but none HLA's :S 

Whats wrong with my HLA's`? :P

And why dont my invi creature make me into mage? :P

I will upload my mod folder soon, i just wanna change some stuff first :P Spell desciptions etc :)

My starting eq did not work either :P 

Edited by Gel87, 23 October 2014 - 01:36 PM.

#35 The Imp

The Imp

• 5150 posts

Posted 23 October 2014 - 01:34 PM

Let me have a look at the files .. as in upload them somewhere.

I think the fact that you multiclassed the char had the side effect that you got a different HLA table than the kits own.

Edited by The Imp, 23 October 2014 - 01:37 PM.

#36 Gel87

Gel87
  • 190 posts

Posted 23 October 2014 - 02:48 PM

Let me have a look at the files .. as in upload them somewhere.

I think the fact that you multiclassed the char had the side effect that you got a different HLA table than the kits own.

Here is the files :D I was unable to make them work is I kept them inside theyre own folders xD So it looks kinda messy xD PERKELE! :P (REMOVED ATTACHMENT AS NEWER IS POSTED)

I also found out now, if I forexample change into mage with EEkeeper, it wont get its thaco bonus(from lvl 1-7), or its Shapechange: mind flayer skill. Althought if i lvl 1 more lvl, then i get 1 thaco bonus skill :P

However, if i turn mage back to lvl 0, then it autoturn into mindflayer and gain +1 thaco. And then after i could just give him 89k experience, and he would lvl correct from lvl 0 mage. He will still have figher profience and 6 stats putt there already(but they dont mather as he wont be using wepons).

So maby best way would be:

1. Have creature turn him into mage - Doesent work yet :P

2. Make him lvl 0. Give him back his exp(or he might already have it ready for lvling).

3. Give him the needed exp for lvleing(if he got 0, give him 89k, if he got 89k give him 1k exp for trigger the lvling.)

4. He did not gain HLA here either xD So i guess i have done something wrong with the Lu table, do i need more tables?

Edited by Gel87, 25 October 2014 - 02:26 PM.

#37 The Imp

The Imp

• 5150 posts

Posted 23 October 2014 - 04:16 PM

Well, obviously the "scriptna" script doesn't work cause you don't have this :

COMPILE ~GELKITMF/scriptna.baf~

So you never compiled it. Well, also you should put every one of those files inside the "GELKITMF" -folder, so that there's only the setup-GELKITMF.exe file outside it, in the archive. Will take a look at the rest later, well... tomorrow. :D

EDIT: OK, so the next thing you probably should do is to go and reserve yourself a prefix for your files, this helps with the compatibility ...darn in, the blackwyrmlair.net is offline for me at least... well if you can connect to it, go here and make a post there when it comes back online.

Now. looking at the files with Near Infinity v1.35 - snapshot whatever version :devil: :

The invicre.eff looks kinda good, but it's Target should not be -1, 1 would be the best. The Duration 2400... could be a zero for all it cares.

The invicre.spl, well there's nothing truly wrong with it, but really you should avoid flagging it with the Hostile tag. And the primary school should be None (0), not Conjure (2). For kicks. Secondary too.

Edited by The Imp, 23 October 2014 - 11:06 PM.

#38 Gel87

Gel87
  • 190 posts

Posted 24 October 2014 - 12:49 AM

Well, obviously the "scriptna" script doesn't work cause you don't have this :
COMPILE ~GELKITMF/scriptna.baf~

So you never compiled it. Well, also you should put every one of those files inside the "GELKITMF" -folder, so that there's only the setup-GELKITMF.exe file outside it, in the archive. Will take a look at the rest later, well... tomorrow. :D

EDIT: OK, so the next thing you probably should do is to go and reserve yourself a prefix for your files, this helps with the compatibility ...darn in, the blackwyrmlair.net is offline for me at least... well if you can connect to it, go here and make a post there when it comes back online.

Now. looking at the files with Near Infinity v1.35 - snapshot whatever version :devil: :

The invicre.eff looks kinda good, but it's Target should not be -1, 1 would be the best. The Duration 2400... could be a zero for all it cares.

The invicre.spl, well there's nothing truly wrong with it, but really you should avoid flagging it with the Hostile tag. And the primary school should be None (0), not Conjure (2). For kicks. Secondary too.

COMPILE ~GELKITMF/scriptna.baf~  Where should i put this? In my GELKITMF.tp2 (in the end there?) 

What are the prefix used for, or i know that they are used to make different mods work together, but what exactly is the prefix?

Is the prefix forexample GELKITMF.tp2?  :) Can I use GEL even though its a 3 spelling prefix? :P

invicre.eff: I will fix both those, i guess it should be permanent/until death with duration 0? Other I will fix as well into 1.

invicre.spl: I'll fix those when i get back on my pc :D

- Do you know what makes me unable to get HLA? I tryed lvl all the way to lvl 41, no HLA :P  Even tested when changing my class into mage / illithid with eekeeper.

- My previous thaco add spell pr. level doesent work for the lvl it's starting out with, must i make a program to make my char lvl 0, then autogive him 89k exp(i can easy make a spell which gives that exp)? At lvl 1 he get: Shapechange: Mindflayer and +1 thaco spell wich he "autocast" and turn into mindflayer.

- I also don't think i need part 1 and 2 in scriptna.baf since the spell is formed as a "autocast" albility? ref GELCLA2.2DA(clab file) file. 

- For my curiousity: Does the invicreature have the spell that turns me into mage? Or could i forexample use a normal mindflayer.eff/cre do the same thing, and maby a mystical text saying:

//Mindflayer:

MINDFL01.CRE SAY

~You have been chosen~

+ ~Wait, what?~

+ ~what do you mean?~

DO //action

1. CastSpell Shapechange: Mind Flayer(myself)

2. Mindfl01 CastSpell (teleportwithout error) to area(blablabla)

3. Mindfl01 (selfdestruct)

Probarly way wrong, but im not in the position to look for examples atm ;d 

Edited by Gel87, 24 October 2014 - 01:04 AM.

#39 The Imp

The Imp

• 5150 posts

Posted 24 October 2014 - 01:20 AM

COMPILE ~GELKITMF/scriptna.baf~ Where should i put this? In my GELKITMF.tp2 (in the end there?)
What are the prefix used for, or i know that they are used to make different mods work together, but what exactly is the prefix?
Is the prefix forexample GELKITMF.tp2?  :) Can I use GEL even though its a 3 spelling prefix? :P

At the end yeah. The only thing that matters is that it's after the ADD_KIT command structure as that adds the kit identifier to the game, that the script then can utilize.
Yeah, that's the idea of the prefix, the thing is you have to ask for it, and that usually they assign 2 character prefixes, as the third is purposeless ... I nearly always use the IJ#, even though the prefix is just "IJ", but that's up to you after you go and ask for the prefix.
Haven't found the no HLA reason, yet. ...
k, found the reason, it's cause this line: EDIT: Removed the red part :~tables/GELCLA2.2da~

~tables/GELCLA.2da~   // "example/library/GELCLA01.2da"

Cause you need to use a correct insert for the assign to be correct, so just use this instead:

~gelcla~

And when, when you copy the file, use this:

COPY ~tables/GELCLA2.2da~ ~override/LUgelcla.2da~

These two combined will assign your kit the HLA table you originally had.

Edited by The Imp, 24 October 2014 - 05:17 AM.

#40 Gel87

Gel87
  • 190 posts

Posted 24 October 2014 - 04:36 AM

COMPILE ~GELKITMF/scriptna.baf~ Where should i put this? In my GELKITMF.tp2 (in the end there?)
At the end yeah. The only thing that matters is that it's after the ADD_KIT command structure as that adds the kit identifier to the game, that the script then can utilize.
Yeah, that's the idea of the prefix, the thing is you have to ask for it, and that usually they assign 2 character prefixes, as the third is purposeless ... I nearly always use the IJ#, even though the prefix is just "IJ", but that's up to you after you go and ask for the prefix.
Haven't found the no HLA reason, yet. ...
k, found the reason, it's cause this line:
~tables/GELCLA2.2da~   // "example/library/GELCLA01.2da"
Cause you need to use a correct insert for the assign to be correct, so just use this instead:
~gelcla~
And when, when you copy the file, use this:
COPY ~tables/GELCLA2.2da~ ~override/LUgelcla.2da~
These two combined will assign your kit the HLA table you originally had.

I haven't yet changed the eff and spl for creature. But i put the compile stuff, and installation says it compile 1 file. But it dont work :S It doesent turn me into mage at once i start game :P And i had to remove the autocast shapechange: Mindflayer cause CastSpell was a wrong commando :P So i changed it into your first proposition :) 

However, i tried to do what you said with HLA setup.

1. The clab file already works:

~tables/GELCLA2.2da~   // "example/library/GELCLA01.2da"

And i have tryed to do as you said with that, but if i write anything else than what its called and location of it, the weidu innstall fails.. :S It might be stupid to have it in a "tables" folder? But this works perfect...

When it comes to the: 

~tables/GELLU01.2da~ i can call it whatever i like, with whatever folder i want and the installation dosen't give a shit.

I can find it in nearinfity, LURR or smt(general one listing all kits lua-tables) finds it. I have tryed all this:

GELLU01.d2     GELLU01   Tables/GELLU01.2da  Tables/GELLU01   override/GELLU01.2da

They all works to install, but i dont get HLAs ;d  

Edited by Gel87, 24 October 2014 - 04:55 AM.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Error: Unix.Unix_Error, (20, stat, table/GELCLA02.2DA, Selfmade KITMOD