Photo

BWP v15

• Please log in to reply
257 replies to this topic

#121 The Imp

The Imp

Not good, see EVIL is better. You'll LIVE.

• 5148 posts

Posted 24 July 2015 - 10:57 AM

Anyways I can help you, I will. And if you have a particular problem such as this in the future, you can throw me a PM rock and I'll turn it into a land slide. OK, yeah the pebble metaphor is now getting ridiculous, but it's time to rock on as I hope you can decipher it, and sing along. :devil: :devil: :ROFL: :ROFL: :ROFL: :ROFL:

---

One thing to note:

Too much Word Association thread, yeah.

Edited by The Imp, 24 July 2015 - 10:59 AM.

#122 Ostar

Ostar
  • 20 posts

Posted 24 July 2015 - 10:19 PM

I am running BWP 15.2, all mods being used installed through it.  I can enter the first area of Baldur's Gate city. But when I try to enter any other area of the city, it Autosaves, tries to load the area, then crashes to desktop. Tried 1 and 6 characters both (all original BG NPCs).

Anyone encounter this before? What should I post to help solve this issue?

Edited by Ostar, 24 July 2015 - 10:23 PM.

#123 Lollorian

Lollorian

smiley addict

• 4150 posts

Posted 25 July 2015 - 08:58 AM

Baldur.err, baldur.log, tobex.log and WeiDU.log and maybe your BiG World Debug.txt (zip it up please :P) - whichever ones you have :)

"I am the smiley addict, yellow and round, this is my grin :D when I'm usually around :P.
When there's trouble brewing, see me post, cuz it's usually a wall o' yellow and your eyes are toast!!!"

BWP GUIDE - BWP FIXES - impFAQ - NPC LIST - KIT LIST - AREA LIST

GitHub Links : BWP Fixpack | Lolfixer | BWP Trimpack | RezMod

#124 Ostar

Ostar
  • 20 posts

Posted 25 July 2015 - 10:04 AM

All requested files attached.

The issue may be the mod BG Travel. It changes travel inside Baldur's Gate city. It seemed to install without error, but this is the first time I have tried to travel inside the city.

Traveling out of the city first area works - just trying to travel from the first city area to other city areas causes a crash.

Attached Files

• Attached File  1a.zip   670.44K   223 downloads

#125 Lollorian

Lollorian

smiley addict

• 4150 posts

Posted 25 July 2015 - 10:22 AM

Try extracting the attached files into your override and try :P

Attached Files

"I am the smiley addict, yellow and round, this is my grin :D when I'm usually around :P.
When there's trouble brewing, see me post, cuz it's usually a wall o' yellow and your eyes are toast!!!"

#126 Ostar

Ostar
  • 20 posts

Posted 25 July 2015 - 01:56 PM

Sorry, still the same crash with those in the Overrides - tried multiple exit sides. I even loaded a game before I ever travelled to Baldur's Gate to be sure.

There is a file named TWM-06TravelBG.CoB already in the Override folder, BTW. I removed that as a test, but still the same crash.

(Put it back).

Could the Area numbers in BG city somehow be mismatched from the files you sent me? If possible, how can I check that?

Edited by Ostar, 25 July 2015 - 01:59 PM.

#127 The Imp

The Imp

• 5148 posts

Posted 25 July 2015 - 02:59 PM

If possible, how can I check that?

You can open the game files with Near Infinity by running the java file(.jar) at the game folder, you check the (last) WMP folder, it has the the worldmap.wmp file is there, and then you go and find the map location from the icons that are associated with the file, and when you find it you just open it with the View/Edit. It will say which area(arXXXX.are) file it's attached to.

But this should be relevantly improbable that it's the wrong file.

Edited by The Imp, 25 July 2015 - 02:59 PM.

Yep, Jarno Mikkola. my Mega Mod FAQ. Use of the BWS, and how to use it(scroll down that post a bit). 
OK, desert dweller, welcome to the sanity, you are free to search for the limit, it's out there, we drew it in the sand. Ouh, actually it was still snow then.. but anyways.

#128 Nightfarer

Nightfarer
  • 480 posts

Posted 25 July 2015 - 09:07 PM

I remember some people experienced a similar issue and it wasn't due to BG New Travel System.

Topic can be found here.

#129 Ostar

Ostar
  • 20 posts

Posted 25 July 2015 - 11:51 PM

I remember some people experienced a similar issue and it wasn't due to BG New Travel System.

Topic can be found here.

Thanks, I checked that thread. I don't think the save is the issue though, because the Auto Save works. I can restart that save after a crash no problem. It's the Area loading crash that's the issue, and it only happens inside BG city proper.

#130 Ostar

Ostar
  • 20 posts

Posted 26 July 2015 - 04:10 PM

Well, I think I may have found the issue. Using Near Infinity, I looked at the first city Area of BG (Area 67). All 3 Area Links show "No such index". (Screenshots attached). I only installed BWP and no other non-BWP mods outside that, and I have not done any editing to the game files or save games.

If possible, how can I check that?

You can open the game files with Near Infinity by running the java file(.jar) at the game folder, you check the (last) WMP folder, it has the the worldmap.wmp file is there, and then you go and find the map location from the icons that are associated with the file, and when you find it you just open it with the View/Edit. It will say which area(arXXXX.are) file it's attached to.

But this should be relevantly improbable that it's the wrong file.

ScreenHunter_01.jpg ScreenHunter_03.jpg

Edited by Ostar, 26 July 2015 - 05:42 PM.

#131 Lollorian

Lollorian

smiley addict

• 4150 posts

Posted 26 July 2015 - 06:15 PM

If you can find some ARE files in your BG_Travel/backup folder, try copying them into your override :cheers:

#132 Ostar

Ostar
  • 20 posts

Posted 26 July 2015 - 08:23 PM

If you can find some ARE files in your BG_Travel/backup folder, try copying them into your override :cheers:

Thanks, I did that. Unfortunately, before the travel cursor would at least appear on the 3 map edges of the 1st BG city area. Now, there are none - I go to the map edge and no further - I cannot even attempt travel to interior city areas.

Do I have to somehow rebuild the Area links as well?

#133 Lollorian

Lollorian

smiley addict

• 4150 posts

Posted 26 July 2015 - 10:08 PM

That is wierd to say the least :blink: Unfortunately I'll need to get home to actually see what the mod is doing to the areas :(

Maybe someone has a better idea until then...

#134 Lollorian

Lollorian

smiley addict

• 4150 posts

Posted 27 July 2015 - 10:05 AM

Ok I found the issue - secondary level STR_VARs in the ADD_AREA_TRAVEL_SIMPLE function were not being evaluated properly setting the destination AREs of those exits to %Z!ENTRA.ARE :doh:

I dunno whether this will fix this for you Ostar but try dropping these AREs into your override :unsure: (these are the AREs generated by the mod in my pure BGT install after fixing the issue)

If this doesn't work, your best bet would be maximum CLUAConsole:MoveToArea() for those Baldur's Gate areas atleast :(

To fix this, we'll need to change line 184-186 in BG_Travel.tp2 from:

ab_RT_Name = ~%Z!travel_name%~ // Name to assign to new region
  ab_RT_Dest = ~%Z!entrance_area%~ // Destination Area
  ab_RT_EntN = ~%Z!entrance_name%~ // Entrance Name

to:

ab_RT_Name = EVAL ~%Z!travel_name%~ // Name to assign to new region
  ab_RT_Dest = EVAL ~%Z!entrance_area%~ // Destination Area
  ab_RT_EntN = EVAL ~%Z!entrance_name%~ // Entrance Name

BWPFixpack'd

Btw Ostar mate, I'd love to have a look at your BiG World Debug.txt (zipped) - the lolfixer should've caught this in its logs (it wouldn't be able to fix it but it should've reported this atleast :P)

Attached Files

Edited by Lollorian, 27 July 2015 - 10:16 AM.

#135 Bill Bisco

Bill Bisco
  • 487 posts

Posted 27 July 2015 - 01:01 PM

Leonardo, could we add: http://gibberlings3....showtopic=27138

#136 The Imp

The Imp

• 5148 posts

Posted 27 July 2015 - 04:42 PM

Leonardo, could we add... the 10PP mod in GemRB
You might not undertand what you are asking, you are asking the BWP to make the Megamodified BG2 game via the GemRB engine. Which is hopeless ... for now, as you would have to work out the kinks in every mod between the two engines.
The GemRB has it's own small amount of mods. The 10PP is one of them.

Edited by The Imp, 27 July 2015 - 04:45 PM.

Yep, Jarno Mikkola. my Mega Mod FAQ. Use of the BWS, and how to use it(scroll down that post a bit). 
OK, desert dweller, welcome to the sanity, you are free to search for the limit, it's out there, we drew it in the sand. Ouh, actually it was still snow then.. but anyways.

#137 Bill Bisco

Bill Bisco
  • 487 posts

Posted 27 July 2015 - 06:22 PM

Leonardo, could we add... the 10PP mod in GemRB
You might not undertand what you are asking, you are asking the BWP to make the Megamodified BG2 game via the GemRB engine. Which is hopeless ... for now, as you would have to work out the kinks in every mod between the two engines.
The GemRB has it's own small amount of mods. The 10PP is one of them.

10PP is something people have been asking for a long time.  It would be nice to include that mod in the BATFILE for those who wish to use it.  Yeah, it's the GemRB engine.  lynx hasn't come up with any GemRB errors from it, but honestly how are we gonna find out unless we actually try?  Also, it'd be really nice to play these mega installs and be able to take more NPCs.  9 companions instead of 5 makes a big difference!

#138 Lollorian

Lollorian

smiley addict

• 4150 posts

Posted 27 July 2015 - 06:43 PM

But what you're asking for is to include a GemRB-only mod in the BWP which doesn't support GemRB as of now :unsure:

I think the BWS can do GemRB stuff (Imight be horribly wrong) so might wanna ask them to include it? :P

#139 Bill Bisco

Bill Bisco
  • 487 posts

Posted 27 July 2015 - 07:08 PM

GemRB uses the game files just like the baldur.exe does.  The only incompatible mod with GemRB is TobEx because that mod modifies the baldur.exe (and Gemrb can be programmed to do anything that TobEx did).

Otherwise GemRB should work fine with everything else.  Yeah, there might be some bugs that we weren't aware of until now, but again we wouldn't know until we actually tried.

Perhaps I'm a minority, but 10 person parties is such a huge and often requested feature that it seems worth it to try to include.

#140 Ostar

Ostar
  • 20 posts

Posted 27 July 2015 - 08:30 PM

Excellent - that worked! All three exits off the 1st city Area now take me to their proper city Area. Thank you!

Attached is my BiG World Debug.txt (zipped).

Ok I found the issue - secondary level STR_VARs in the ADD_AREA_TRAVEL_SIMPLE function were not being evaluated properly setting the destination AREs of those exits to %Z!ENTRA.ARE :doh:

I dunno whether this will fix this for you Ostar but try dropping these AREs into your override :unsure: (these are the AREs generated by the mod in my pure BGT install after fixing the issue)

Btw Ostar mate, I'd love to have a look at your BiG World Debug.txt (zipped) - the lolfixer should've caught this in its logs (it wouldn't be able to fix it but it should've reported this atleast :P)

Attached Files