Photo

Brand New Installation

• Please log in to reply
427 replies to this topic

#61 The Imp

The Imp

Not good, see EVIL is better. You'll LIVE.

• 5150 posts

Posted 24 April 2015 - 11:27 PM

Erhm open the baldur.ini file and copy paste the content to spoilers, or näähhh, you don't have to use them if you don't know how. This is about the fire elemental...

Yep, Jarno Mikkola. my Mega Mod FAQ. Use of the BWS, and how to use it(scroll down that post a bit). 
OK, desert dweller, welcome to the sanity, you are free to search for the limit, it's out there, we drew it in the sand. Ouh, actually it was still snow then.. but anyways.

#62 konva

konva
  • 738 posts

Posted 24 April 2015 - 11:38 PM

Spoiler
oka here we are

#63 The Imp

The Imp

• 5150 posts

Posted 25 April 2015 - 12:19 AM

OK, you have not set the visuals to have a 3d support, and I believe that could cause the crash with the Fire Elemental.
Set this:
3D Acceleration=0
To be:
3D Acceleration=1
Then this:
16Bit Textures=1
To be:
16Bit Textures=0
And this:
GLSetup Driver=-1
To be:
GLSetup Driver=0

Ouh, and set this:
Low Mem Sounds 2=2
To be:
Low Mem Sounds 2=1
Erhm, this last one has nothing to do with the 3d.. but other stuff, but it might not matter anyways, but still, I recommend using the 1...

Edited by The Imp, 25 April 2015 - 12:24 AM.

Yep, Jarno Mikkola. my Mega Mod FAQ. Use of the BWS, and how to use it(scroll down that post a bit). 
OK, desert dweller, welcome to the sanity, you are free to search for the limit, it's out there, we drew it in the sand. Ouh, actually it was still snow then.. but anyways.

#64 konva

konva
  • 738 posts

Posted 25 April 2015 - 01:02 AM

Ok Ill try this, low mem sounds I was setting it with FAG instruction. Btw from High Summoner, that staff is for mages, but I cannot use it ... again same issue as with several other items.

#65 The Imp

The Imp

• 5150 posts

Posted 25 April 2015 - 01:20 AM

Ok Ill try this, low mem sounds I was setting it with FAG instruction.

Yeah... but you might wish to reread the FAQ I wrote years ago... :P ... I should know. :devil: :ROFL:

Edited by The Imp, 25 April 2015 - 01:21 AM.

#66 konva

konva
  • 738 posts

Posted 25 April 2015 - 01:46 AM

:D oka, anyway I set all of your reccomendations :) Still one issue remains..

#67 kreso

kreso
  • 297 posts

Posted 25 April 2015 - 02:46 AM

@kreso: Is that a "why" or "Y"es ? :devil:

Yes, I'm afraid.

#68 konva

konva
  • 738 posts

Posted 25 April 2015 - 02:48 AM

Well i dont need any reinstall :) Magic, shooting works perfectly. Only issue I have is with some several items which I cannot use. This starts to be occuring before I failed to install LStest, so its like fresh installation, playing game and finding this issue.

#69 konva

konva
  • 738 posts

Posted 25 April 2015 - 07:23 AM

btw, NEJ version 6.80 .. the Icewind Dale part ends at larrel or it also have dorn deep and the ice glacier with salamanders and giants?

#70 micbaldur

micbaldur

Retired Perkele, Ultimate BWP player

• 1692 posts

Posted 25 April 2015 - 08:12 AM

btw, NEJ version 6.80 .. the Icewind Dale part ends at larrel or it also have dorn deep and the ice glacier with salamanders and giants?

NEJ v 6.80 ends at Severed Hand.

NEJ v 6.91 + patch 6.94 has Dorn's Deep and Wyrm's Tooth.

CHARNAMEs excellent adventures in the world of BWP expert-install here

Thanks to Leonardo Watson for making this possible

#71 konva

konva
  • 738 posts

Posted 25 April 2015 - 09:27 AM

okay, guess cant upgrade it without reinstalling all right? And why then the 6.91 + 6.94 patch isnt default at tactics?

// I mean if there is a way without loosing a lot of hours reinstalling whole modpack, and also playing whole game from start, to add dorn's deep and wyrm tooth?

Edited by konva, 25 April 2015 - 02:31 PM.

#72 konva

konva
  • 738 posts

Posted 25 April 2015 - 11:51 PM

so?

#73 dabus

dabus
  • 1982 posts

Posted 26 April 2015 - 12:11 AM

Tactics is dead as the other pre-selections are - dead as in Leonardo is not using those any more so its more or less guessing for Quiet/Alien.

As far as I remember, NEJ never had a good reputation when it came to stability / melting into the world and 6.80 was proclaimed to be the one that best fit with BGT installs.

THINK! - It's not illegal.

#74 konva

konva
  • 738 posts

Posted 26 April 2015 - 12:51 AM

well, then what should be the best installation? I want to have lot of Big mods, while there are still a lot of quest mods which I want. Another part is the difficulty modifications, some useful tweaks, and balancements.. Next part is gaining masteries through use, some reworked summons, and removing summoning cap.

#75 dabus

dabus
  • 1982 posts

Posted 26 April 2015 - 04:21 AM

Why don't you edit your install if you know which mods you want (recommended in that case by the way)?

THINK! - It's not illegal.

#76 konva

konva
  • 738 posts

Posted 26 April 2015 - 05:36 AM

There are a lot of them which I dont know their names, or how they affect game since they could be for BG 2 content which I havent reached so far :D and im always editing, for example igi learn through use... or removing pack mule.

#77 The Imp

The Imp

• 5150 posts

Posted 26 April 2015 - 05:44 AM

Why would you ever remove the mule from your install ? Has it been an as...

You can always save the mod picks you make in the pick up screen.

#78 konva

konva
  • 738 posts

Posted 26 April 2015 - 06:17 AM

why would I have it since there are bags of holding? :D and long time ago it was bugged in mine installation, area with mule caused CTD. And saving opportunity I havent noticed :D

btw whats the latest version of BWS? Im confused, because at bitbucket is last updated 2015 - 04 - 19 but latest version for download is from 20150302

Edited by konva, 26 April 2015 - 06:22 AM.

#79 The Imp

The Imp

• 5150 posts

Posted 26 April 2015 - 09:22 AM

Q1: why would I have it since there are bags of holding? :D and long time ago it was bugged in mine installation, area with mule caused CTD. And saving opportunity I havent noticed :D

Q2: btw whats the latest version of BWS? Im confused, because at bitbucket is last updated 2015 - 04 - 19 but latest version for download is from 20150302

Ahh, the color of fire, what not to love.

QA1: Well cause the bags can cause lag if you carry item in them as they are in the party inventory, which the game checks like every nano second.

QA2: Well if you wish to have a beta of an alpha, you go here, push the "Branches" -tab, and download the EET's zip folder at the very right corner... aka:

35isun5.jpg

#80 konva

konva
  • 738 posts

Posted 26 April 2015 - 10:02 AM

Q2A: Ahh ok im not sure about beta or alpha :)
Q1A: yay thats something I didnt know :)

Ok in few days later ill try to reinstall my world.