Photo

Brand New Installation

• Please log in to reply
427 replies to this topic

#81 konva

konva
  • 738 posts

Posted 29 April 2015 - 10:42 PM

Ok im making new installation, choosing again tactics, but I just remove some mods and add some. Whats the mod, which reduces XP gained from monsters? I would like to change in some several ways, mostly with some powerfull monsters rewarding me with XP like joke :D

//btw, by default ascalon questpack is in EN language (BWS shows no other options)

Edited by konva, 30 April 2015 - 01:35 AM.

#82 konva

konva
  • 738 posts

Posted 30 April 2015 - 06:31 AM

so?

#83 micbaldur

micbaldur

Retired Perkele, Ultimate BWP player

• 1692 posts

Posted 30 April 2015 - 06:54 AM

so?

So, what? :P

Well if you read BWP pdf-file sometimes you might notice (among other interesting stuff) that Ding0 Experience Fixer mod does that.

CHARNAMEs excellent adventures in the world of BWP expert-install here

Thanks to Leonardo Watson for making this possible

#84 konva

konva
  • 738 posts

Posted 30 April 2015 - 07:11 AM

heh :D i totally forgot about that PDF and im pretty sure I read it in past... :D and what about the ascalon?

#85 konva

konva
  • 738 posts

Posted 30 April 2015 - 07:46 AM

Well im not sure about that experience reducing... since the Dark one gave me at normal DSoSC in BG 1 around 18k exp, in BGT he gave me barely 4k and reducer is set to 50%

Edited by konva, 30 April 2015 - 07:46 AM.

#86 micbaldur

micbaldur

Retired Perkele, Ultimate BWP player

• 1692 posts

Posted 30 April 2015 - 08:34 AM

Well im not sure about that experience reducing... since the Dark one gave me at normal DSoSC in BG 1 around 18k exp, in BGT he gave me barely 4k and reducer is set to 50%

Well using DefJam it's best what you can do but it's not optimal solution. It's very hard to balance BWP and i think it's impossible to achieve satisfactory way. :(

If you use reduce to 50% which mean start at BG1 is very hard but BG2 might be more playable.

I use reduce to 75% which mean hard start at BG1 and xp max out at chapter 2 in BG2 so BG2 is very easy (but CHARNAME is demi-god after all :devil: ) unless you have high level enemy mods like Vecna.

CHARNAMEs excellent adventures in the world of BWP expert-install here

Thanks to Leonardo Watson for making this possible

#87 konva

konva
  • 738 posts

Posted 30 April 2015 - 09:34 AM

ofc I have them, Ill keep it this way, and manually modify some monsters to worth more XP :) and I agree, if there will be 100% of exp which is planned, then I end up at BG1 with char lvl 13+ :D

#88 konva

konva
  • 738 posts

Posted 30 April 2015 - 10:18 AM

You do not appear to have Ascension installed.
Ascension: Turnabout (Turnabout) was skipped.

What ascension: Turnabout?? :D

#89 dabus

dabus
  • 1982 posts

Posted 30 April 2015 - 10:21 AM

What do you mean by default? Translations are (and are listed as in the BWS):

GE:0
EN:1

You can also see that in the BiG World Setup\Globals\ac_quest.ini. Or use the internal tools to edit your mods and you'll see that, too.
You should always get the translation that you preferred (or better say that the BWS will use that language number). If someone / something changes those numbers, typically you're screwed.

Edited by dabus, 30 April 2015 - 10:22 AM.

THINK! - It's not illegal.

#90 konva

konva
  • 738 posts

Posted 30 April 2015 - 10:22 AM

Well I havent changed ascalon questpack before and I had it in german.. :)

#91 dabus

dabus
  • 1982 posts

Posted 30 April 2015 - 10:31 AM

Like I said: If you don't get what you expect, someone/something likely changed something.
If the BWP patched add something that does not match, you'll be screwed.
Like patching a translation into a file that does not exist at a certain place (moved into a folder) and WeiDU does not find translation 1 and thus just uses 0.

If the files from the mod itself change, you'll be screwed.
Like patching a translation into a file that was changed, the translation-patch/definitions doesn't get applied (patch compares the text at the targeted lines that should be patched with the patch-files expectation and just skips stuff that does not match), WeiDU again only has translation 0 and tada, you get 0.

WAs revision has both translations and as far as I can see, Fixpack and Textpack don't try to patch the mod.

Edited by dabus, 30 April 2015 - 10:37 AM.

#92 konva

konva
  • 738 posts

Posted 30 April 2015 - 10:46 PM

ERROR: [thac0.2da] -> [override] Patching Failed (COPY) (Out of memory)
ERROR: error loading [./CHITIN.KEY]
ERROR: Failure("hd")
Smarter general AI (Sword Coast Stratagems) was not installed due to errors.

What should I do?

Well im noticing that process memory taken is growing... atm its on 1.65GB ..

Edited by konva, 01 May 2015 - 03:52 AM.

#93 konva

konva
  • 738 posts

Posted 01 May 2015 - 05:41 AM

okay tried to watch installation and catch something interesting.... 

http://postimg.org/image/om7l83lob/

got this during installation. Cannot use image tag.

Btw I attach Ascalon debug and tp2 files... im afraid it is again in german. After resolving installation issues, Ill try to modify language with your help if you will help me. Thanks :)

Attached Files

Edited by konva, 01 May 2015 - 05:52 AM.

#94 The Imp

The Imp

Not good, see EVIL is better. You'll LIVE.

• 5150 posts

Posted 01 May 2015 - 06:04 AM

http://postimg.org/image/om7l83lob/
Cannot use image tag.

That's cause that's not a direct link, but a link to a link... and the linked picture is a .png, the forum software doesn't like them, it only accepts .jpg links for whatever reason, so save the pictures in that format... and you might wish to edit the picture with MSPaint so that the picture is not 9/10's blank white.

So this is your picture after all that...

io1d1t.jpgi

PS: I have no idea what the setup is doing...

Yep, Jarno Mikkola. my Mega Mod FAQ. Use of the BWS, and how to use it(scroll down that post a bit). 
OK, desert dweller, welcome to the sanity, you are free to search for the limit, it's out there, we drew it in the sand. Ouh, actually it was still snow then.. but anyways.

#95 konva

konva
  • 738 posts

Posted 01 May 2015 - 06:14 AM

well I maybe made mistake copying link :P but this setup makes me mad... :D 

#96 dabus

dabus
  • 1982 posts

Posted 01 May 2015 - 06:36 AM

You guess you still use the 2 months old BWS download which is... old and uses the wrong files.
Do this to get a current one.

The new master/EET download uses this file.
You use VERSION 1.01 - 2.00b_150205 is the current used version with both languages. Guess you could get some more bugs out of your install if you'd use a current BWS.

Edited by dabus, 01 May 2015 - 06:38 AM.

#97 konva

konva
  • 738 posts

Posted 01 May 2015 - 07:00 AM

Okay Ill keep installing it over night while I will at work. Expect question early at morning :P :D and thanks dabus for new version :)

Oo what is Return to Faerun mod? I cannot find anything... :D and btw, nameless melody inn and Umbra of Throw have to be deleted from installation since they cannot be downloaded.. :)

Edited by konva, 01 May 2015 - 07:15 AM.

#98 dabus

dabus
  • 1982 posts

Posted 01 May 2015 - 07:28 AM

Sorry, but if you use the BWS, you sure seem like you didn't play around with the selections screen.

So there is this little button that looks like this [ i ] right before the theme (version, size, translation)-string / right above the mods description.
If you click on that button, the homepage is opened.

You could also just search though the BiG World Setup\Config\Global-folder. All information that is available for a mod (except conflicts/dependencies) is written into a single file that is named like the setups name.

If you open the selection screen, you could also use the search box in the upper right corner to jump to the "return to Faerun" mod.
You can also use the box to search components. So if you wanted to look for mods that adjust quest xp, you could try something like 50%.

If you look at the description at the bottom, you can see that there's this text:
Adds to the game new chapter which begins after the completion of original ToB game with Sandrah in your company and having finished her own quest.

Dependencies and conflicts::
SandrahRtF needs SandrahNPC.
So yes, this is an addition to Sandrah, a biiig NPC mod that adds lots of banters, new areas and quests. So it#s not your usual "npc" mod.

Edited by dabus, 01 May 2015 - 07:33 AM.

#99 konva

konva
  • 738 posts

Posted 01 May 2015 - 08:34 PM

that [ i ] i havent noticed..  I read description but I just asked for more info :)
Anyway I have error

The extraction of the following mod(s) failed:
Return to Faerun: The Mod itself (SandrahRTF_V103b.rar)
Sandrah NPC: The Mod itself (SandrahNPC_V103b.rar)
Some files were not extracted. Do you want the BWS to run an integrity test on
those files first, provide the files yourself (see remarks) or just continue?
Enter [t]est, [p]rovide or [c]ontinue.
All files seem to be intact.
Enter [p]rovide or [c]ontinue.
Return to Faerun
Enter [d]ownload, [e]xtract, skip [o]ne or [a]ll missing files.
Sandrah NPC
Enter [d]ownload, [e]xtract, skip [o]ne or [a]ll missing files.
Please press [c]ontinue after the extractions are finished.

I redownloaded, and reextracted those, but they already were there... what this means? :)

#100 konva

konva
  • 738 posts

Posted 02 May 2015 - 04:10 AM

is this installation going to be correct?

File to patch: 
Skip this patch? [y] 
Skipping patch.
3 out of 3 hunks ignored

Just at the start of installation im noticing this...