Improved Cloak Visual and Sound Effects

• Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

#1 ikonomov

ikonomov
  • Modder
  • 49 posts

Posted 05 June 2015 - 11:43 PM

This mod changes the visual and sound effects of Cloak of Displacement, Cloak of Mirroring, Cloak of Reflection, Claw of Kazgaroth and Shield of Balduran in Baldur's Gate: Tales of the Sword Coast and Baldur's Gate II: Throne of Bhaal.

Click here to open this mod's page

Edited by ikonomov, 17 October 2022 - 05:30 AM.

#2 -Innate-

-Innate-

Posted 11 June 2015 - 10:23 AM

Is it possible to post previews of the item's vfx along with labeling which is which? The one image is helpful to get an idea of what this mod is like, but the description above isn't very clear.

#3 -Guest-

-Guest-

Posted 28 June 2015 - 05:43 PM

Could you possibly include installation/uninstallation instructions somewhere?

Thanks.

#4 The Imp

The Imp

Not good, see EVIL is better. You'll LIVE.

• 5148 posts

Posted 28 June 2015 - 09:28 PM

Could you possibly include installation/uninstallation instructions somewhere?

Extract the files in the archive*s (override folder) to the games (override) folder... yes, in this sentence the * is a plank or a '.

Yep, Jarno Mikkola. my Mega Mod FAQ. Use of the BWS, and how to use it(scroll down that post a bit). 
OK, desert dweller, welcome to the sanity, you are free to search for the limit, it's out there, we drew it in the sand. Ouh, actually it was still snow then.. but anyways.

#5 -Guest-

-Guest-

Posted 29 June 2015 - 04:59 PM

Hmm, and what is a, errm, plank...? :)

Anyway, thanks for replying and, if I understand correctly, I should just extract the archive to the Override folder, and if, at some point, I want it uninstalled, I have to go and delete the files manually from there (not so optimal, since I happen to have other files there as well, but...)?

#6 The Imp

The Imp

• 5148 posts

Posted 30 June 2015 - 05:28 AM

Hmm, and what is a, errm, plank...? :)
...plank nothing... not even a space as that would make the "archive s" not grammatically correct. Ghaa..
Anyway, thanks for replying and, if I understand correctly, I should just extract the archive to the Override folder, and if, at some point, I want it uninstalled, I have to go and delete the files manually from there (not so optimal, since I happen to have other files there as well, but...)?
Well, before extract, you make sure that you make a possible backup from the files that would be overwritten, if there are any, then you extract... and if you want to uninstall, you delete the existing files and restore the files from the backup. Just like a weidu mod would do.

Yep, Jarno Mikkola. my Mega Mod FAQ. Use of the BWS, and how to use it(scroll down that post a bit). 
OK, desert dweller, welcome to the sanity, you are free to search for the limit, it's out there, we drew it in the sand. Ouh, actually it was still snow then.. but anyways.

#7 -Guest-

-Guest-

Posted 30 June 2015 - 08:05 PM

...plank nothing... not even a space as that would make the "archive s" not grammatically correct. Ghaa..
Well that, then, explains it. :)

Other than that, however, how to find out which files (if any) would be deleted/overwritten?

#8 The Imp

The Imp

• 5148 posts

Posted 30 June 2015 - 10:43 PM

Other than that, however, how to find out which files (if any) would be deleted/overwritten?
When you extract a file to a folder that already has that file, you'll be asked if you wish to overwrite that file, and so each time you answer yes(don't use the overwrite all, it that option pops)...

#9 Lollorian

Lollorian

smiley addict

• 4150 posts

Posted 01 July 2015 - 03:41 AM

ikonomov released a new version yesterday - no more overwriting :)

"I am the smiley addict, yellow and round, this is my grin :D when I'm usually around :P.
When there's trouble brewing, see me post, cuz it's usually a wall o' yellow and your eyes are toast!!!"

BWP GUIDE - BWP FIXES - impFAQ - NPC LIST - KIT LIST - AREA LIST

GitHub Links : BWP Fixpack | Lolfixer | BWP Trimpack | RezMod

#10 -Guest-

-Guest-

Posted 03 July 2015 - 02:49 AM

Ok, this is my second attempt, sorry if I double-post:

This is excellent news - so, how would one go about installing/uninstalliing now - extract to the Override folder, or the game's main directory, and there should be a setup file to run?

#11 Lollorian

Lollorian

smiley addict

• 4150 posts

Posted 03 July 2015 - 05:20 AM

Main directory - setup file :cheers:

"I am the smiley addict, yellow and round, this is my grin :D when I'm usually around :P.
When there's trouble brewing, see me post, cuz it's usually a wall o' yellow and your eyes are toast!!!"

BWP GUIDE - BWP FIXES - impFAQ - NPC LIST - KIT LIST - AREA LIST

GitHub Links : BWP Fixpack | Lolfixer | BWP Trimpack | RezMod

#12 -Guest-

-Guest-

Posted 05 July 2015 - 01:47 AM

Thanks a lot - you have been very helpful. :cheers:

#13 ikonomov

ikonomov
  • Modder
  • 49 posts

Posted 10 August 2016 - 11:31 AM

Is it possible to post previews of the item's vfx along with labeling which is which? The one image is helpful to get an idea of what this mod is like, but the description above isn't very clear.

I just noticed that there is a support topic for my mod lol.  Sorry about the late reply, I just uploaded screenshots that illustrate what the mod does.  Thanks for the suggestion.

Edit:  Thanks to Lollorian I updated the mod with WeiDU installer a while back so it is very easy to uninstall/install now, in case anybody is reading this thread.

Edited by ikonomov, 10 August 2016 - 11:38 AM.

#14 ikonomov

ikonomov
  • Modder
  • 49 posts

Posted 28 February 2021 - 12:30 PM

In the newest version 1.4 I've updated the mods for both games with removed Blur effect from the Claw of Kazgaroth.  An obvious omission mostly because I never used that item.

#15 ALIEN

ALIEN
  • Modder
  • 983 posts

Posted 09 March 2021 - 02:14 AM

Hi,

I was not able to open those two files using the latest WinRAR 6.0. What software did you use to compress them? Original RAR? Only when I converted them to zip I was able to extract them.

Can you replace mod archives with zip files?

Project Infinity public BETA - mod manager for Infinity Engine games

Infinity Auto Packager - automatically generate and adds mod packages to GitHub release

Modder's Guide to GitHub - you cannot have progress without committing changes

#16 The Imp

The Imp

• 5148 posts

Posted 09 March 2021 - 02:37 AM

using the latest WinRAR 6.0

Well, WinRAR 5.7 (specifically the 64-bit version) can. But sure, here's a .zip version made with that of the clckVisuals_v1.4.rar .

Attached File  clckVisuals_v1.4.zip   1.24MB   124 downloads

Edited by The Imp, 09 March 2021 - 02:40 AM.

#17 ikonomov

ikonomov
  • Modder
  • 49 posts

Posted 19 March 2021 - 05:29 PM

Done.  Both files have been replaced with .zip archives.  I should always upload .zip anyways, but always forget.  :D

#18 ALIEN

ALIEN
  • Modder
  • 983 posts

Posted 20 March 2021 - 01:03 AM

Done.  Both files have been replaced with .zip archives.  I should always upload .zip anyways, but always forget.  :D

Thank you!

Project Infinity public BETA - mod manager for Infinity Engine games

Infinity Auto Packager - automatically generate and adds mod packages to GitHub release

Modder's Guide to GitHub - you cannot have progress without committing changes