Photo

A new Baldur's Gate?!

• Please log in to reply
35 replies to this topic

#1 dreamer2007

dreamer2007
  • 430 posts

Posted 29 June 2015 - 07:02 AM

Check this out: http://www.pcgamer.c...mminent-reveal/ . A surprise is in the works by Beamdog :) .

A Baldur's Gate set between 1 and 2, curious to see what's that about :) .

#2 Bill Bisco

Bill Bisco
  • 487 posts

Posted 29 June 2015 - 08:35 AM

Yeup. Adventure Y. I am curious as well. I hope it's a fitting interquel

#3 Sergio

Sergio
  • 954 posts

Posted 29 June 2015 - 10:55 AM

the real question is how bad it will be

Low hung brow, dazed look on your face..... It appears that you are correct, my friend. You are indeed a complete imbecile.

#4 The Imp

The Imp

Not good, see EVIL is better. You'll LIVE.

• 5150 posts

Posted 29 June 2015 - 12:08 PM

You could ask that question when there's a person that can actually legitimately tell you, a person that's not part of the development team nor have a conection to them. Could you ... stop obsessing about a thing that's not here yet ? WE HAVE NO F-ing INCLING what the F.. it's about for real. Yes, there's this that and those. It's what's called a HYPE DRAIN, come here, p**s on these %&¤#, they'll such you dry and be real happy about it.
Enough. Clear ? ... try and get a patience. You are still 12 days off.

Yep, Jarno Mikkola. my Mega Mod FAQ. Use of the BWS, and how to use it(scroll down that post a bit). 
OK, desert dweller, welcome to the sanity, you are free to search for the limit, it's out there, we drew it in the sand. Ouh, actually it was still snow then.. but anyways.

#5 dreamer2007

dreamer2007
  • 430 posts

Posted 29 June 2015 - 12:41 PM

What's wrong about getting a little excited about the possibly of a new Baldur's Gate game? If it really is true, great, if not, it would be another similar game, so also great. Win Win.

Edited by dreamer2007, 29 June 2015 - 12:41 PM.

#6 Bill Bisco

Bill Bisco
  • 487 posts

Posted 29 June 2015 - 02:40 PM

I definitely recommend waiting for reviews or for someone from this community to review. I've gotten burned on bad games before. Hopefully it's a worthy game.

#7 K4thos

K4thos
  • Modder
  • 315 posts

Posted 29 June 2015 - 02:51 PM

I'm excited  8) To early to judge content, but what I'm looking forward to the most is another step for Infinity Engine. Beamdog implemented tons of new engine stuff to EE games and all of them were related to a relatively small NPC content and Black Pits campaign. Now, with all new game, I hope for another round of engine improvements that will (hopefully) make modding these games even more enjoyable.

#8 Fiann of the Silver Hand

Fiann of the Silver Hand
  • 286 posts

Posted 29 June 2015 - 03:13 PM

Keep dreaming.  I expect nothing less than reasonableness from either side.

[edit:  Oops. Spoke too soon.]

Edited by Fiann of the Silver Hand, 01 July 2015 - 10:13 PM.

#9 The Imp

The Imp

• 5150 posts

Posted 30 June 2015 - 03:32 AM

What's wrong about getting a little excited about the possibly of a new Baldur's Gate game?

Well, practically nothing on your part of the posting, but the calculator was announced by Almateria already, and you could see the other reactions to your posting:

the real question is how bad it will be
I definitely recommend waiting for reviews or for someone from this community to review. I've gotten burned on bad games before. Hopefully it's a worthy game.
Keep dreaming.

and did you react to it. NO... And worse still, there's threads like this.
Seems to me that people have been burned already, without the thing even out yet. And there's the judgement. So you loose. -yes, that's a mockery for the "Win, Win."

Notice also that I didn't quote K4thos, the maker of the EET. Because he hasn't yet had to make his mind about this game, that's not out yet. Cause, it's assumable that; He is a reasonable person. And not a fake out hater of everything new. If it's a news for you: Yes, K4thos is actually just expressing his hopes, a thing that's natural for this stage of the process. Nothing more.

Yep, Jarno Mikkola. my Mega Mod FAQ. Use of the BWS, and how to use it(scroll down that post a bit). 
OK, desert dweller, welcome to the sanity, you are free to search for the limit, it's out there, we drew it in the sand. Ouh, actually it was still snow then.. but anyways.

#10 dreamer2007

dreamer2007
  • 430 posts

Posted 30 June 2015 - 03:49 AM

I am a hopeful dreamer, can't help myself, its all in the name :D . And a game that's similar to Baldur's Gate by Beamdog simply sounds good, and I don't see any reason to be pessimistic about it already, since there is nothing posted except a timer.

You choose to be negative about it, okay, your choice, but you shouldn't try to stop me from being positive about it. Maybe I'm wrong and the game will not be good or BG, but maybe I'm right. No one knows.

Edited by dreamer2007, 30 June 2015 - 03:51 AM.

#11 Almateria

Almateria

most garbage person

• Modder
  • 969 posts

Posted 30 June 2015 - 06:36 AM

<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote'data-author="The Imp" data-cid="578694" data-time="1435608498"><p>
You could ask that question when there's a person that can actually legitimately tell you, a person that's not part of the development team nor have a conection to them. Could you ... stop obsessing about a thing that's not here yet ? WE HAVE NO F-ing INCLING what the F.. it's about for real. Yes, there's this that and those. It's what's called a HYPE DRAIN, come here, p**s on these %&¤#, they'll such you dry and be real happy about it.<br />
Enough. Clear ? ... try and get a patience. You are still 12 days off.</p></blockquote>

Take a chill pill

#12 dreamer2007

dreamer2007
  • 430 posts

Posted 09 July 2015 - 10:42 PM

Okay, so it seems that the "new game" is actually an expansion to BGEE, called Siege of the Dragonspear. Still, good news :)

Here you can see Beamdog's stream describing the expansion.

http://www.twitch.tv/beamdog/v/7198879

Edited by dreamer2007, 09 July 2015 - 10:44 PM.

#13 Fiann of the Silver Hand

Fiann of the Silver Hand
  • 286 posts

Posted 09 July 2015 - 11:33 PM

Can you give a tl;dr?  I'm on mobile till next week, and video is crap for now.

#14 Almateria

Almateria

most garbage person

• Modder
  • 969 posts

Posted 10 July 2015 - 01:08 AM

"25 hours" of janeplay
new everything, but with some returning npcs
standalone
new class, shaman
soundtrack by sam hulick
2 new difficulty levels

story: theres a chick in the north that leads a murdercrusade, shes a bhaalspawn, murder her guts

#15 dreamer2007

dreamer2007
  • 430 posts

Posted 10 July 2015 - 02:12 AM

"25 hours" of janeplay
new everything, but with some returning npcs
standalone
new class, shaman
soundtrack by sam hulick
2 new difficulty levels

story: theres a chick in the north that leads a murdercrusade, shes a bhaalspawn, murder her guts

Perfect summary :D

#16 Bill Bisco

Bill Bisco
  • 487 posts

Posted 10 July 2015 - 03:11 AM

No standalone: it is an expansion for bg1ee

#17 dreamer2007

dreamer2007
  • 430 posts

Posted 10 July 2015 - 06:51 AM

No standalone: it is an expansion for bg1ee

Yea, that's what I understood as well initially.

#18 The Imp

The Imp

• 5150 posts

Posted 10 July 2015 - 07:03 AM

At least from what they showed ... it actually seemed to be a stand alone expansion. It has an independent map... and this screenshot from the Twitch show, would strongly indicate a standalone/a fully independent game, and they said what they said about the import export function and so forth:

13z7dyh.jpg

Edited by The Imp, 10 July 2015 - 07:05 AM.

#19 Bill Bisco

Bill Bisco
  • 487 posts

Posted 10 July 2015 - 07:08 AM

Standalone expansion that requires bgee? Not sure.

#20 Bill Bisco

Bill Bisco
  • 487 posts

Posted 10 July 2015 - 07:14 AM

One thing to note is the fact that this new badgirl Caelar Argent is not mentioned at all in bg2 or in tob. No hell trial. No Abyss Caelar or anything. Ascension mod will now feel weird and people will ask where is Caelar? Why not another dead Bhaalspawn to fight? I hope Beamdog will continue to create content for bg2ee and bridge some story content gaps that are now being created by this interquel. I will say that this early army battle excites me greatly. Kudos to them for that. I've wanted something polished like that for a long time.