Photo

Selling Potions

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 Demtrek

Demtrek
  • 64 posts

Posted 01 October 2015 - 07:28 AM

I have a mega mod installed, one of those pre-seelcted ones with little to no bugs.   I cant find a vedor that buys potions, Im assuming its one of the low economy mods.

Is there a easy way for me to modify a vendor, perhaps the one in the Friendly Arm Inn to buy them.  If so how?

Thanks.

I know I can just give myself gold, but it is gamey to me....and I find I am constantly too poor, just the added gold from unwanted potions would help I think.

#2 Lollorian

Lollorian

smiley addict

• 4150 posts

Posted 01 October 2015 - 07:33 AM

1) Grab NearInfinity

2) Navigate to TEM2304.STO

3) Edit tab

4) Click "Add" -> "Store Purchases" -> "Potions (9)" -> "Update Value"

5) Save STO

6) Launch game

7) ???

8) PROFIT!!1! :D

Edited by Lollorian, 01 October 2015 - 07:34 AM.

"I am the smiley addict, yellow and round, this is my grin :D when I'm usually around :P.
When there's trouble brewing, see me post, cuz it's usually a wall o' yellow and your eyes are toast!!!"

BWP GUIDE - BWP FIXES - impFAQ - NPC LIST - KIT LIST - AREA LIST

GitHub Links : BWP Fixpack | Lolfixer | BWP Trimpack | RezMod

#3 Roxanne

Roxanne

Modder

• 3564 posts

Posted 01 October 2015 - 07:40 AM

1) Grab NearInfinity

3) Edit tab

5) Save STO

6) Launch game

7) ???

Psst, Tem2304 is the Temple of Wisdom at Friendly Arm, not Betley himself.

The Sandrah Saga

another piece of *buggy, cheesy, unbalanced junk*

#4 Lollorian

Lollorian

smiley addict

• 4150 posts

Posted 01 October 2015 - 07:45 AM

Well, navigate to FRIEND.STO then :cheers:

"I am the smiley addict, yellow and round, this is my grin :D when I'm usually around :P.
When there's trouble brewing, see me post, cuz it's usually a wall o' yellow and your eyes are toast!!!"

BWP GUIDE - BWP FIXES - impFAQ - NPC LIST - KIT LIST - AREA LIST

GitHub Links : BWP Fixpack | Lolfixer | BWP Trimpack | RezMod

#5 Demtrek

Demtrek
  • 64 posts

Posted 01 October 2015 - 08:19 AM

1) Grab NearInfinity

3) Edit tab

5) Save STO

6) Launch game

7) ???

Im new at this, but fimilar.   How do I navigate to TEM2304.STO?   BG or BG2 folder?  Then were?

#6 Roxanne

Roxanne

Modder

• 3564 posts

Posted 01 October 2015 - 08:28 AM

1) Grab NearInfinity

3) Edit tab

5) Save STO

6) Launch game

7) ???

Im new at this, but fimilar.   How do I navigate to TEM2304.STO?   BG or BG2 folder?  Then were?

Look at point 1) above >>> you need NearInfinity game editor to start with.

The Sandrah Saga

#7 Demtrek

Demtrek
  • 64 posts

Posted 01 October 2015 - 08:47 AM

Yea, but when I first launched it, it was asking me where to search. 

Once I clicked on one of the BG2 folders then a new window opened and a list came up, one was stor. 

So I found it, but in all three of the Friendly Arm Inn stores, potions are already listed as being able to be purchased.  So I edited all 3 anyway and saved, but none of them work.

Edited by Demtrek, 01 October 2015 - 12:28 PM.

#8 Roxanne

Roxanne

Modder

• 3564 posts

Posted 01 October 2015 - 09:01 AM

1) Grab NearInfinity

3) Edit tab

5) Save STO

6) Launch game

7) ???

Once I clicked on one of the BG2 folders then a new window opened and a list came up, one was stor. 

So I found it, but in all three of the Friendly Arm Inn stores, potions are already listed as being able to be purchased.  So I edited all 3 anyway and saved, but none of them work.

Of course the game folder you select in NI must be the same you launch your game from, in case you have several versions of the game installed.

The Sandrah Saga

#9 Demtrek

Demtrek
  • 64 posts

Posted 01 October 2015 - 10:48 AM

Of course the game folder you select in NI must be the same you launch your game from, in case you have several versions of the game installed.

Well, after a hour or so I figured it out.  Firstly I was using the wrong folder like you pointed out, I needed to open the BG2 game and then click on a document called CHITIN.KEY.  That opened the list which I then clicked on stor.  This time I found only one "friendly" merchant which turned out to be Bently.   I added potions and pelts and took away gem bag just to see if it was working one way or another.  Loaded my save and nothing.   So finally I thought to create a new game and run to the inn, and it worked he was missing the gem bag and buying potions.  So I guess I cant modify a saved game? 

Edited by Demtrek, 01 October 2015 - 12:29 PM.

#10 Roxanne

Roxanne

Modder

• 3564 posts

Posted 01 October 2015 - 10:58 AM

1) Grab NearInfinity

3) Edit tab

5) Save STO

6) Launch game

7) ???

Well, after a hour or so I figured it out.  Firstly I was using the wrong folder like you pointed out, I needed to open the BG2 game and then click on a document called CHITIN.KEY.  That opened the list which I then clicked on stor.  This time I found only one "friendly" merchant which turned out to be Bently.   I added potions and pelts and took away gem bag just to see if it was working one way or another.  Loaded my save and nothing.   So finally I thought to create a new game and run to the inn, and it worked he was missing the gem bag and buying potions.  So I guess I cant modify a saved game? 

If you modify areas or stores in this way the change is only applied if you have not yet visited that area or store.

You can do that also in saved games but this is more complex (and if you make a mistake you may ruin your save).

If you still want to try your luck then do this :

- Instead of going directly to the sto or are section in NI, you go to save

- select one of the saves there and open the attached baldur.sav.

- You will see a list of all the areas and stores you have visited already.

- Decompress

- open the area or store you want

- do your changes and save them

- compress again and save the whole package again

- good luck.

The Sandrah Saga

#11 Demtrek

Demtrek
  • 64 posts

Posted 01 October 2015 - 11:34 AM

Ha, that sound like brain surgey to me.  Think I'll start another game.  LOL.   Thanks for the reply, this is a cool tool.   I've only been able to add items, that the store will purchase, one at a time. Is there a way to select and add more at once?  "Shift" "Ctrl" didnt work.

Edited by Demtrek, 01 October 2015 - 12:27 PM.

#12 The Imp

The Imp

Not good, see EVIL is better. You'll LIVE.

• 5150 posts

Posted 01 October 2015 - 11:37 AM

Somebody is building a pyramid, could you stop please ? You can edit the other quotes out of it ... just use the BBCode Mode switch to read the actual code of the message, remove the portion you don't need and re-enable the swith again.

Yep, Jarno Mikkola. my Mega Mod FAQ. Use of the BWS, and how to use it(scroll down that post a bit). 
OK, desert dweller, welcome to the sanity, you are free to search for the limit, it's out there, we drew it in the sand. Ouh, actually it was still snow then.. but anyways.