Photo

Sai's Baldur's Gate Enhanced Edition Trilogy miniature install

• Please log in to reply
98 replies to this topic

#81 maduolis

maduolis
  • 34 posts

Posted 03 January 2016 - 01:48 AM

guys, thaks for guidance and support finally its working. EET with bunch of mods. still have to play around and test of cause. just have little problems:

1) i have installed a lot of custom kits from BWS menu but they are inactive. i can play around with EEKeeper but maybe there are some way to fix it?

2) still have no luck to find haiass wolf companion. hes not where he should be.. i have tried to find him by command C:CreateCreature("[CRE FILE]") Spawn a creature (C:CreateCreature("HAIASS")) but it says than there is no file.. WeiDU log shows that mod is installed normal.

Attached Images

• BWS kits.jpg
  • kits.jpg

Attached Files

#82 The Imp

The Imp

Not good, see EVIL is better. You'll LIVE.

• 5150 posts

Posted 03 January 2016 - 02:30 AM

1) i have installed a lot of custom kits from BWS menu but they are inactive. i can play around with EEKeeper but maybe there are some way to fix it?

The mods need to be updated so the EE engine can use the kits after the v1.2/1.3 update. It's basically done by adding the fl#ADD_KIT... .tpa file and running the function on it to the particular installed kit, like in this example.

I haven't updated my kits mod even though I know how, which tells that it's easy to do, but it required patience to update every single one of the kits to the thing.

Yep, Jarno Mikkola. my Mega Mod FAQ. Use of the BWS, and how to use it(scroll down that post a bit). 
OK, desert dweller, welcome to the sanity, you are free to search for the limit, it's out there, we drew it in the sand. Ouh, actually it was still snow then.. but anyways.

#83 maduolis

maduolis
  • 34 posts

Posted 03 January 2016 - 03:04 AM

so should i create a tpa file with text fl#ADD_KIT... and put it each kit folder? im very green with this coding and afraid just will mess up everything :)

does this line should be in tp2 file? 

INCLUDE ~example/lib/fl#add_kit_ee.tpa~

Edited by maduolis, 03 January 2016 - 03:05 AM.

#84 maduolis

maduolis
  • 34 posts

Posted 03 January 2016 - 03:39 AM

2) still have no luck to find haiass wolf companion. hes not where he should be.. i have tried to find him by command C:CreateCreature("[CRE FILE]") Spawn a creature (C:CreateCreature("HAIASS")) but it says than there is no file.. WeiDU log shows that mod is installed normal.

i have used this code C:CreateCreature("HAIASS1") and its worked, but had to get his chew toy with the help of EEKeeper.

Attached Images

• toy.jpg

#85 The Imp

The Imp

• 5150 posts

Posted 03 January 2016 - 04:04 AM

...should be in tp2 file? 

INCLUDE ~example/lib/fl#add_kit_ee.tpa~

Yes, that and the file, and the utilization of the functions it provides... aka:

LAF fl#add_kit_ee
  INT_VAR
    biography = 15883 // Normal biography for thieves
    briefdesc = RESOLVE_STR_REF (~CHICKENRUSTLER: Not much of a thief, but the chickenrustler learns to fight pretty well due to frequently getting into scraps over <PRO_HISHER> chickenrustling ways.~)
  STR_VAR
    kit_name = flrustle
    backstab = ~1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1~
    clswpbon = ~1 0 3~
    numwslot = 2
    thiefskl = ~40 20~
    traplimt = 6
    clascolr = ~35 67 67 25 80~
    clasiskl = "" // Inherit from parent class
                  // clasthac is omitted and thus also inherited
                  // As is thiefscl
                  // And so on
END

:devil:

Like said, it's a bit complicated and so you might wish to wait for the mods themselves to update to the new games. And then the BWS to update to use those.

In case it was not clear, this needs to be done to the above kits that have the kit selection box unselectable: Duskblade, Warsling Sniper, Corsair, Marksman, Kenshei, in BG2EE v1.3.

Edited by The Imp, 03 January 2016 - 09:47 AM.

Yep, Jarno Mikkola. my Mega Mod FAQ. Use of the BWS, and how to use it(scroll down that post a bit). 
OK, desert dweller, welcome to the sanity, you are free to search for the limit, it's out there, we drew it in the sand. Ouh, actually it was still snow then.. but anyways.

#86 maduolis

maduolis
  • 34 posts

Posted 03 January 2016 - 07:07 AM

ok, so i have found this kit pale master ant it has both tp2 and tpa files but still is inactive in game menu. how to make it work?

Attached Files

#87 The Imp

The Imp

• 5150 posts

Posted 03 January 2016 - 08:35 AM

Is that the one from the "evil kits v1.1.zip" compilation, I have a BG2EE v1.3.2064, and it's select-able in it, it's a Sorcerer kit, so you go and select the sorcerer sub-kits and make the choice there, yep, the EE games have Sorcerer kits in case you didn't know.

#88 K4thos

K4thos
  • Modder
  • 315 posts

Posted 03 January 2016 - 09:19 AM

BWPFixpack'd :cheers: We already had this included so I had to rework a small bit of your changes... would be great if someone tests it out to see if the K#TELBGT.bcs are there.

If that's the case than you must also add HANDLE_CHARSETS support and copy iconv to the translation directory or the mod will freeze game when someone install it with language coded in ANSI on EE games (so any language other than English). Add this to the code:

ALWAYS
  ACTION_IF ENGINE_IS ~bgee bg2ee iwdee~ BEGIN
    ACTION_DEFINE_ASSOCIATIVE_ARRAY charsetsTable BEGIN
      "german" => "CP1252"
      "english" => "CP1252"
      "french" => "CP1252"
      "italian" => "CP1252"
      "polish" => "CP1250"
      "russian" => "CP1251"
      "castilian" => "CP1252"
    END
    ACTION_DEFINE_ARRAY charsetsConvertArray BEGIN text dialog END
    ACTION_DEFINE_ARRAY charsetsReloadArray BEGIN text END
    LAF ~HANDLE_CHARSETS~
      INT_VAR
      infer_charsets = 0
      STR_VAR
      tra_path = "WildMage/translations"
      iconv_path = "WildMage/translations/iconv" //available as part of the base system on OS X and GNU/Linux
      charset_table = charsetsTable
      convert_array = charsetsConvertArray
      reload_array = charsetsReloadArray
    END
  END
END

As for the change posted by A64 - usless unless I missed something. How something like this at the beginning of the script could conflict with BGT transition?

IF
    PartyHasItem("wm_sbook")
    Global("wm_bg1book","GLOBAL",0)
THEN
    RESPONSE #100
        SetGlobal("wm_bg1book","GLOBAL",1)
        Continue()
END

other than poor performance (PartyHasItem should be below the Global trigger)

NEJ is changing how BGT transition works so using REPLACE_BCS_BLOCK may conflict with it - should be checked. If it indeed conflict than I would ignore the change proposed by A64 as it doesn't seem to have any real benefit (if you fix the performance problem mentioned above).

Edited by K4thos, 03 January 2016 - 09:45 AM.

#89 maduolis

maduolis
  • 34 posts

Posted 03 January 2016 - 09:46 AM

Is that the one from the "evil kits v1.1.zip" compilation, I have a BG2EE v1.3.2064, and it's select-able in it, it's a Sorcerer kit, so you go and select the sorcerer sub-kits and make the choice there, yep, the EE games have Sorcerer kits in case you didn't know.

yes its from evil kits and yes i know sorc has kits but its still not select-able in my case..

Attached Images

• sorc.jpg

#90 The Imp

The Imp

• 5150 posts

Posted 03 January 2016 - 09:55 AM

yes its from evil kits and yes i know sorc has kits but its still not select-able in my case..

I'll ask you to make a new topic, just in case this is likely not related to this topic directly, here. You are using the v1.3.2064 BG2EE ? So when you start the game, the version number at the top of the screen says that.
Then, copy paste the weidu.log's content to the post and the above picture, I suspect that you have a mod that could cause trouble in the .2da files that causes this.

#91 maduolis

maduolis
  • 34 posts

Posted 03 January 2016 - 10:42 AM

im using EET with installed mods through BWS. EET installed on BG2EE v1.3.2064. i had troubles to launch EET at first and still have some troubles to get some mods work. you can check my weidu log im attaching.

Attached Files

#92 K4thos

K4thos
  • Modder
  • 315 posts

Posted 03 January 2016 - 11:18 AM

im using EET with installed mods through BWS. EET installed on BG2EE v1.3.2064. i had troubles to launch EET at first and still have some troubles to get some mods work. you can check my weidu log im attaching.

wait a sec. It doesn't work like that. If the mod doesn't have EET support implemented yet than you can't just install it.

For example:

- Quylok didn't add EET support yet. All of her mods will be compatible after next update (or whenever Quylok decides is a right time - maybe even after EET is officially released).

- BG2 Tweaks v16 is another example of mod that doesn't support EET in its current version even though the update for it is ready, but not yet released.

- same thing for SCS although it's not confirmed if this mod will receive proper support (no reply from the author yet).

- patches for Lava's mods are ready but I didn't contact him regarding it yet.

and so forth.

If you are patching these mods yourself than you are duplicating the work. Some of them are already done, just not publicly released :woot:  And I would send you these updates if you would contact me. Haven't you read the message I've sent you 4 days ago?

Edited by K4thos, 03 January 2016 - 11:22 AM.

#93 maduolis

maduolis
  • 34 posts

Posted 03 January 2016 - 11:25 AM

Haven't you read the message I've sent you 4 days ago?

sry, what message?

if you could send me those updates that would be great. 

email: mad.vycka@gmail.com

#94 K4thos

K4thos
  • Modder
  • 315 posts

Posted 03 January 2016 - 11:28 AM

sry, what message?

a reply to PM you sent me on this forum.

#95 maduolis

maduolis
  • 34 posts

Posted 03 January 2016 - 11:36 AM

sry, what message?

a reply to PM you sent me on this forum.

my bad. haven't noticed. 

#96 subtledoctor

subtledoctor
  • Modder
  • 656 posts

Posted 16 January 2016 - 08:08 PM

The mods need to be updated so the EE engine can use the kits after the v1.2/1.3 update. It's basically done by adding the fl#ADD_KIT... .tpa file and running the function on it to the particular installed kit, like in this example.
I haven't updated my kits mod even though I know how, which tells that it's easy to do, but it required patience to update every single one of the kits to the thing.

it's a bit complicated and so you might wish to wait for the mods themselves to update to the new games. And then the BWS to update to use those.
In case it was not clear, this needs to be done to the above kits that have the kit selection box unselectable: Duskblade, Warsling Sniper, Corsair, Marksman, Kenshei, in BG2EE v1.3.

The kits he shows in his picture (at least, the Corsair and Marksman) *have* been updated for the new EEs, they install fine on BGEE 1.3, BG2EE 1.3.2064, and IWDEE v1.4.  So if they are disabled in his menus, it's something caused by BWS or EET.

Edited by subtledoctor, 16 January 2016 - 08:10 PM.

#97 K4thos

K4thos
  • Modder
  • 315 posts

Posted 16 January 2016 - 10:00 PM

The kits he shows in his picture (at least, the Corsair and Marksman) *have* been updated for the new EEs, they install fine on BGEE 1.3, BG2EE 1.3.2064, and IWDEE v1.4.  So if they are disabled in his menus, it's something caused by BWS or EET.

conflicting line in fl#add_kit_ee.tpa

ACTION_IF GAME_IS ~bgee bg2ee~ BEGIN

should have eet parameter there.

#98 subtledoctor

subtledoctor
  • Modder
  • 656 posts

Posted 20 January 2016 - 11:10 AM

Ah. Probably better to use ENGINE_IS in that case. (In any case.) Or yeah, just add ~eet~ into the function. Whatever.

#99 The Imp

The Imp

• 5150 posts

Posted 20 January 2016 - 11:42 AM

... conflicting line in fl#add_kit_ee.tpa

ACTION_IF GAME_IS ~bgee bg2ee~ BEGIN

Ah. Probably better to use ENGINE_IS in that case. (In any case.) Or yeah, just add ~eet~ into the function. Whatever.

Or just name the .tpa to be a fl#add_kit_eet.tpa ... and add the eet in that function, and use that instead.