Photo

Sai's Baldur's Gate Enhanced Edition Trilogy miniature install

• Please log in to reply
98 replies to this topic

#61 The Imp

The Imp

Not good, see EVIL is better. You'll LIVE.

• 5150 posts

Posted 01 January 2016 - 12:46 PM

[Setup-EET.exe] WeiDU version 23800

Like said, that file needs to be v23801, it solves this error: Near Text: ~%USER_DIRECTORY%/characters~
after updating WeiDU to 23801 looks like it rolls back to 23800
You updated the wrong file, it needs to be the one the BWS uses to copy itself over the others.

Edited by The Imp, 01 January 2016 - 12:48 PM.

Yep, Jarno Mikkola. my Mega Mod FAQ. Use of the BWS, and how to use it(scroll down that post a bit). 
OK, desert dweller, welcome to the sanity, you are free to search for the limit, it's out there, we drew it in the sand. Ouh, actually it was still snow then.. but anyways.

#62 maduolis

maduolis
  • 34 posts

Posted 01 January 2016 - 12:52 PM

Much more convenient way:

1. In BWS when you are selecting mods (in the 'choose mods and components' window), right-click on EET (in the General section) and choose "pause before this mod" ...
2. After BWS extracts EET into the BG2EE folder, go to the BG2EE game folder, overwrite setup-EET.exe with this: https://github.com/K...ET.exe?raw=true and simply run setup-EET.exe once and quit.

All setup-xxx.exe weidu's will be updated to WeiDU beta 238.01 and EET will install just fine.

step 2. on pause i have overwrited setup-EET.exe in BG2EE

im rly confused right now..

Edited by maduolis, 01 January 2016 - 12:56 PM.

#63 agb1

agb1
  • 1623 posts

Posted 01 January 2016 - 12:58 PM

You must also replace WeiDU\WeiDU.exe with the same file (rename it as WeiDU.exe).  This step should be done after extraction and before the installation step begins.  In BWS you can choose "pause after extraction" to give yourself time to do this.  If you use "pause after extraction" then you don't also need the "pause after this mod" for EET (it's redundant).

NOTE:  BWS will actually do the extraction and installation step twice for EET... first it will do it for BGEE folder, then it will restart from extraction step for BG2EE folder.  You'll have to replace the BG2EE-folder\WeiDU\WeiDU.exe and the BG2EE-folder\setup-eet.exe when BWS finishes extraction in the BG2EE folder.

The reason why this extra step is necessary is because BWS has some extra code to make sure the setup versions all match:

Spoiler

Edited by agb1, 01 January 2016 - 01:01 PM.

BiG World Fixpack (community collection of mod fixes and compatibility patches, with user-friendly cross-platform script)

BiG World Setup (tool to automate best-practice installation of Infinity Engine mods on Windows, with conflict analysis)

Latest version:    https://bitbucket.or.../get/master.zip

#64 The Imp

The Imp

• 5150 posts

Posted 01 January 2016 - 12:59 PM

step 2. on pause i have overwrited setup-EET.exe in BG2EE
im rly confused right now..
Now run the replaced file in the game directory by hand, and when it asks to if you wish to install the EET's components answer N !
Or do as agb1 says... I don't know.

Edited by The Imp, 01 January 2016 - 01:01 PM.

Yep, Jarno Mikkola. my Mega Mod FAQ. Use of the BWS, and how to use it(scroll down that post a bit). 
OK, desert dweller, welcome to the sanity, you are free to search for the limit, it's out there, we drew it in the sand. Ouh, actually it was still snow then.. but anyways.

#65 maduolis

maduolis
  • 34 posts

Posted 01 January 2016 - 01:02 PM

im blind and im lost in forest.. :)

#66 agb1

agb1
  • 1623 posts

Posted 01 January 2016 - 01:03 PM

Sorry for all the trouble.  The original workaround I suggested would have worked!

Step by step:

1. Clean BGEE and BG2EE game folders

2. In BWS, choose BG2EE game type, set paths to BGEE and BG2EE game folders

3. Select the mods you want

4. 'Continue' until you get to the screen with 'Download-logic', 'Extraction-logic', 'Installation-logic' drop-down menus

5. Choose 'Report and pause after extraction' in the 'Extraction-logic' drop-down menu

6. After BWS extracts EET into the BG2EE folder, go to the BG2EE game folder, overwrite setup-EET.exe with this: https://github.com/K...ET.exe?raw=true

7. Copy that same file (the replacement setup-EET.exe) to replace BG2EE-game-folder\WeiDU\WeiDU.exe (rename the exe as WeiDU.exe)

8. Run setup-EET.exe once and quit (don't actually install any of the EET components) -- it should update all of the other setup-exe in the BG2EE game folder to version 238.01.

9. Resume BWS automated install.

Edited by agb1, 01 January 2016 - 01:08 PM.

BiG World Fixpack (community collection of mod fixes and compatibility patches, with user-friendly cross-platform script)

BiG World Setup (tool to automate best-practice installation of Infinity Engine mods on Windows, with conflict analysis)

#67 agb1

agb1
  • 1623 posts

Posted 01 January 2016 - 01:09 PM

Edited my post above.  I hope this will finally work for you...

#68 maduolis

maduolis
  • 34 posts

Posted 01 January 2016 - 02:37 PM

setup in progress. thanks for great support. hopefully your step by step tips will work and for other EET and BWP fans :) 

#69 maduolis

maduolis
  • 34 posts

Posted 01 January 2016 - 03:20 PM

2- many mods for BG2EE are not yet "aware" of EET, which uses a different "game type" than regular BG2EE ... and so many mods for BG2EE will refuse to install unless you edit their tp2 file and add 'eet' to the GAME_IS checks, e.g. if a mod has GAME_IS ~bgee bg2ee~ then it needs to change to GAME_IS ~bgee bg2ee eet~ (adding 'eet' to the space separated list).  This doesn't make such mods compatible with EET, necessarily, it just means that the mod installers will TRY to install them.  So you can try this if you want, but don't complain to the mod authors if things don't work perfectly, because they haven't yet announced support for EET.  If you do this, make sure that you only add 'eet' to GAME_IS lines that already have bg2ee in them.

i would like to install this mod http://mods.jo-ge.net/bg/shaper.htm - wild mage additions - it could be modified to work with BGEE but looks like EET dont like it.. and i cant find GAME_IS entry in tp2. is it possible to make it work with this setup?

attaching tp2

Attached Files

Edited by maduolis, 01 January 2016 - 03:51 PM.

#70 maduolis

maduolis
  • 34 posts

Posted 01 January 2016 - 04:00 PM

2- many mods for BG2EE are not yet "aware" of EET, which uses a different "game type" than regular BG2EE ... and so many mods for BG2EE will refuse to install unless you edit their tp2 file and add 'eet' to the GAME_IS checks, e.g. if a mod has GAME_IS ~bgee bg2ee~ then it needs to change to GAME_IS ~bgee bg2ee eet~ (adding 'eet' to the space separated list).  This doesn't make such mods compatible with EET, necessarily, it just means that the mod installers will TRY to install them.  So you can try this if you want, but don't complain to the mod authors if things don't work perfectly, because they haven't yet announced support for EET.  If you do this, make sure that you only add 'eet' to GAME_IS lines that already have bg2ee in them.

i would like to install this mod http://mods.jo-ge.net/bg/shaper.htm - wild mage additions - it could be modified to work with BGEE but looks like EET dont like it.. and i cant find GAME_IS entry in tp2. is it possible to make it work with this setup?

attaching tp2

im trying to follow this post:

https://forums.beamd...-mage-additions

#71 agb1

agb1
  • 1623 posts

Posted 01 January 2016 - 04:05 PM

This I don't know how to do. You are probably on the right track with that Beamdog forum thread.

#72 maduolis

maduolis
  • 34 posts

Posted 01 January 2016 - 04:21 PM

is it possible to get these files: https://github.com/K...ET_modConverter ?

#73 agb1

agb1
  • 1623 posts

Posted 01 January 2016 - 04:32 PM

Yes, you should have them already in the EET folder in your game directory.

#74 K4thos

K4thos
  • Modder
  • 315 posts

Posted 01 January 2016 - 04:55 PM

the mod should work if you open "Setup-WildMage.TP2" with text editor and remove this line:

REQUIRE_FILE ~Data/25Dialog.bif~ @10

Than replace these lines:

ACTION_IF FILE_EXISTS ~DATA/BG1ARE.BIF~ THEN BEGIN

EXTEND_TOP ~aram00.bcs~ ~WildMage/0/baf/wm_aram00.baf~
EXTEND_TOP ~ar0602.bcs~ ~WildMage/0/baf/wm_ar0602.baf~

END

with this code:

ACTION_IF GAME_IS ~bgt~ BEGIN

EXTEND_TOP ~aram00.bcs~ ~WildMage/0/baf/wm_aram00.baf~

END ELSE ACTION_IF  GAME_IS ~eet~ BEGIN

EXTEND_TOP ~K#TELBGT.bcs~ ~WildMage/0/baf/wm_aram00.baf~

END

Also replace this code:

ACTION_IF FILE_EXISTS ~DATA/BG1ARE.BIF~ THEN BEGIN            // Outside Candlekeep BGT

EXTEND_TOP ~ar6526.bcs~ ~WildMage/4/baf/wm_bgt.baf~
COPY_EXISTING ~Gorion.cre~ ~override~
ADD_CRE_ITEM ~wm_scrl~ #0 #0 #0 ~IDENTIFIED~ ~INV16~

END

ACTION_IF FILE_EXISTS ~OVERRIDE/FW2700.ARE~ THEN BEGIN            // Outside Candlekeep BG1-TUTU

EXTEND_TOP ~_AR2700.BCS~ ~WildMage/4/baf/wm_bgt.baf~
COPY_EXISTING ~_GORION.CRE~ ~override~

END

with this:

ACTION_IF GAME_IS ~bgee~ BEGIN
  OUTER_SPRINT gorion_cre ~GORION~
  OUTER_SPRINT LionsWay_BCS ~AR2700~
END ELSE ACTION_IF GAME_IS ~eet~ BEGIN
  OUTER_SPRINT LionsWay_BCS ~BG2700~
END ELSE ACTION_IF GAME_IS ~bgt~ BEGIN
  OUTER_SPRINT LionsWay_BCS ~AR6600~
END ELSE ACTION_IF GAME_IS ~tutu tutu_totsc~ BEGIN
  OUTER_SPRINT gorion_cre ~_GORION~
  OUTER_SPRINT LionsWay_BCS ~_AR2700~
END

ACTION_IF GAME_IS ~bgee eet bgt tutu tutu_totsc~ BEGIN // Outside Candlekeep
  EXTEND_TOP ~%LionsWay_BCS%.bcs~ ~WildMage/4/baf/wm_bgt.baf~
  COPY_EXISTING ~%gorion_cre%.cre~ ~override~
END

Now it should theoretically work on BG:EE, Tutu, BGT, EET, BG2, BG2:EE. You will find the spellbook in the gorions body right after leaving Candlekeep or via battle with high level mage in BG2. edit: wrong, you will need to fight that mage even in BG1. Kinda silly, but if this was the author intention than whatever. What you get from Gorion's body is some kind of hint book.

btw. there was a bug in the tp2 file. Lion's Way in BGT has script name AR6600, not AR6526 (fixed if you replace lines as I mentioned above)

it could be modified to work with BGEE but looks like EET dont like it...

the list of mods that can be installed on BG:EE is in the readme. Read all of it first, please. Mods with BG2 content like this Wild Magic one should be installed after EET on BG2:EE.

Edited by K4thos, 01 January 2016 - 05:14 PM.

#75 agb1

agb1
  • 1623 posts

Posted 01 January 2016 - 05:12 PM

K4thos, thanks!  The author's intention was for the fight to happen in BG1 but it is a gimmick fight

Spoiler
.  Doesn't often work in my experience, possibly due to AI mods.

#76 maduolis

maduolis
  • 34 posts

Posted 02 January 2016 - 04:33 AM

thanks K4thos! always wanted to try wild mage and this mod looks like fun. so as i understand with  a little bit knowledge about tp2 structure its possible to make all mods compatible with EET. what about this mod? it says that is ok with BGT and BG2.

http://www.baldursga...s-el-lobo-1647/

Attached Files

#77 The Imp

The Imp

• 5150 posts

Posted 02 January 2016 - 04:53 AM

thanks K4thos! always wanted to try wild mage and this mod looks like fun. so as i understand with  a little bit knowledge about tp2 structure its possible to make all mods compatible with EET. what about this mod? it says that is ok with BGT and BG2.

.link.

That's this topic, download here.

That probably can also, it just needs revised area script thingies.

#78 K4thos

K4thos
  • Modder
  • 315 posts

Posted 02 January 2016 - 05:20 AM

thanks K4thos! always wanted to try wild mage and this mod looks like fun. so as i understand with  a little bit knowledge about tp2 structure its possible to make all mods compatible with EET.

If the mod is compatible with BG2:EE and only has BG2 content than adding compatibility is a matter of minutes. Here are steps:

- use "EET/other/EET_modConverter" tool to patch the BG2 mod to use EET v1.0+ continuous journal system (option 3). Although forget about it for now because the system is not available in current beta (requires unreleased patch 1.4 for BG2:EE) and there is a problem with automatic variable evaluation, so it needs additional manual edits for now. If Wisp won't add that new AUTO_EVAL_VARIABLES command than I will edit the patcher code to automatically add EVAL to all COMPILE and EXTEND commands in tp2/tph/tpp/tpa files, if evaluation is missing.

- use the same tool to patch in ~eet~ into GAME_IS commands (in this case choose to expand ~bg2ee~ with ~eet~)

And most of the times this is it. Some older mods may use outdated coding like that Wild Magic mod which checks for file existence to determinate what type of platform is used instead of GAME_IS. In such case manual patching may be needed. NPC mods should adopt EET ToB transition system (or no, if it doesn't fits particular NPC - it's a modder's decision) which can be implemented painless via new pre-made function - more details in documentation (EET/docs/Developer’s Documentation.htm).

Adding EET support to all 10 Quylok's mods for example (huge BG2 quests and NPCs) took me just a few minutes, so as you can see it's very easy to make the BG2:EE mod compatible with EET. She will implement these changes in the next update (or after EET is officially released, not sure).

-----------

If the mod is compatible with BG:EE and doesn't touch BG2 resources than it can be added into EET compatibility list of mods installed on BG:EE previous to installing EET on BG2:EE, and nothing need to be changed in it (it will be treated as vanilla content during installation and converted "on the fly" with all other BG:EE files). If someone wants to add native support anyway (mod installed after EET on BG2:EE) than there are 2 options:

- use cpmvars

- use above mentioned converter to automatically patch all files in the mod to use EET naming convention for conflicting BG1 resources (you can convert BG:EE names, BGT names, or either of the two can be also automatically turned into cpmvars)

-----------

If the mod adds BG:EE and BG2:EE content at the same time than updating for EET is a little more complicated because you need to know what you're doing. Using automatic solution may not give an intended result (the mod converter tool prints a detailed changelog though, so unintended changes can be reverted back if needed).

-----------

If you're asking about mods that don't have EE engine support at all than read this topic: http://gibberlings3....showtopic=26671

what about this mod? it says that is ok with BGT and BG2.

it doesn't have EE engine version and the linked site is not in English, so I can't help with this conversion, unless you describe what it does. If it's a simple mod than it should be as easy as that Wild Mage mod when it comes to adding EE engine and EET support.

Edited by K4thos, 02 January 2016 - 05:53 AM.

#79 maduolis

maduolis
  • 34 posts

Posted 02 January 2016 - 06:49 AM

.link.

That's this topic, download here.

That probably can also, it just needs revised area script thingies.

as The Imp pointed out its a wolf companion mod that adds 7th npc - he can level 4 times and also resurrected by party priests.

#80 Lollorian

Lollorian

smiley addict

• 4150 posts

Posted 02 January 2016 - 10:42 PM

Wildmage EE compatibility code

BWPFixpack'd :cheers: We already had this included so I had to rework a small bit of your changes... would be great if someone tests it out to see if the K#TELBGT.bcs are there.

"I am the smiley addict, yellow and round, this is my grin :D when I'm usually around :P.
When there's trouble brewing, see me post, cuz it's usually a wall o' yellow and your eyes are toast!!!"

BWP GUIDE - BWP FIXES - impFAQ - NPC LIST - KIT LIST - AREA LIST

GitHub Links : BWP Fixpack | Lolfixer | BWP Trimpack | RezMod