Photo

[list in post #1] BP+SCS install reports BG1 & BG2

• Please log in to reply
155 replies to this topic

#61 Fouinto

Fouinto
  • 458 posts

Posted 01 December 2015 - 10:07 AM

- I believe BWS doesn't allow to install Check the Bodies without chores anymore. I never used Chores and had CtB but now it made me install it, which isn't a big deal, but makes starting sequence of BG2 even longer lol.
AFAIK, if you want to skip Chores, you have to install Chores FastForward (I don't know the exact name).
Anyway, You still have the fucking nice and long animation when starting BG2 part (with or without Chores).

#62 agb1

agb1
  • 1623 posts

Posted 01 December 2015 - 02:21 PM

So aside from Ilyich it looks like we can declare at least this combination of components "stable" ... which is great progress for BP. Thanks for the reports so far.

BiG World Fixpack (community collection of mod fixes and compatibility patches, with user-friendly cross-platform script)

BiG World Setup (tool to automate best-practice installation of Infinity Engine mods on Windows, with conflict analysis)

Latest version:    https://bitbucket.or.../get/master.zip

#63 agb1

agb1
  • 1623 posts

Posted 01 December 2015 - 02:22 PM

Not sure why Chores is required with CtB. Does anyone remember? I have never even installed CtB without Chores.

BiG World Fixpack (community collection of mod fixes and compatibility patches, with user-friendly cross-platform script)

BiG World Setup (tool to automate best-practice installation of Infinity Engine mods on Windows, with conflict analysis)

#64 Munchkin Mooch

Munchkin Mooch
  • 90 posts

Posted 01 December 2015 - 03:30 PM

I'll report if anything goes wrong. Until I've completed something major the normal way I wouldn't be thaaat certain it will all work flawlessly. But it's looking good! And perhaps whatever conflicts might be left could be easily fixed.

Anyway, should I keep reporting here or make another topic without the BWS/Installation battles? Not sure about the forum habits :)

Speaking of, I found a funny bug that seems to be AI related. Moderately deadly and pretty funny :D

Two friendly NPC mages - Firebead Elvenhair in Candlekeep and Ygnatius Bombastatius (sp?) cast one spell on someone. Randomly chosen. First one slapped me with Melf's Arrow, next time it was a Magic Missile. The latter served me with Chaos and upon reload something else. Just one spell. They don't go hostile, I can talk to them, they give quests, the former casts his protection spell on Charname after quest is done. It's like they get possessed by a blitz demon - hit once and back to normal :D

Edited by Munchkin Mooch, 01 December 2015 - 03:59 PM.

#65 agb1

agb1
  • 1623 posts

Posted 01 December 2015 - 04:20 PM

Let's keep reports in this thread.

#66 Munchkin Mooch

Munchkin Mooch
  • 90 posts

Posted 01 December 2015 - 05:11 PM

All right then. Reports from today, the biggest one is in the post above and it's somewhat fixed by reloading for a less dramatic spell (Chaos made us go on a slaughter spree in the Inn. I lold. Totally worth, I'm keeping the bug!).

<minor> 1. Some mod vendors aren't affected by the Aurora price management - those I spotted so far are Kurz from TeamBG I believe and and Maltz. Some others around Friendly Arm Inn as well. Maybe they're all from the same mod even? They got their caravans.

<minor> 2. W_Gui glitches when looking at items - it's beta, so it's got a right to and it doesn't prevent anything, just not looking aesthetic. But just saying, in case it didn't always happen. I gotta pass on it for now as it seems the original background/font makes talks easier on my eyes so no more reports about this.

<minor> 3. Ajantis can't use his family shield - he has equipped family Ivastarr shield, but it's red and he can't actually use it. I remember there being a similar issue with Xan's blade a long time ago. Maybe something similar as it's character-only item.

<so-so> 4. Dogs behave funny - those little orange ones. They're a bit like bears, but they turn red after a while not on approach. Also they run away when wounded and disappear from the map. The silliest part of this is Bandits' wardogs attack bandits.

<minor> 5. Winthrop sells a cheap Bag of Holding - it's like 200-300 gold worth. Probably not buyable while in Candlekeep but still looks fishy. Don't know which mod adds it but it seems silly. Also clearly not affected by Aurora's prices unlike all other vanilla merchants I've met so far. And non-vanilla fellow in FAI too.

<minor> 6. Paperdoll issues, visual mismatch in inventory - some armors (all armors? But no robes) change the position of the paperdoll in the inventory slightly. They move it to the right. That in turn causes weapons to become mismatched and float to the side. On the other hand, helmets look mismatched otherwise, sitting to the side of the head significantly. I can provide screenshots/check which goes what way if it's relevant for potential fix.

Attached Files

Edited by Munchkin Mooch, 02 December 2015 - 03:18 AM.

#67 agb1

agb1
  • 1623 posts

Posted 01 December 2015 - 05:29 PM

The merchants behind the temple at FAI are from Dark Horizons (CoM Merchants is part of the mod).  I don't know if Aurora patches specific stores or applies a global price adjustment.

W_GUI glitches in what way?  Flickering?

Dogs/wolves running away when injured is an SCS tweak.  The wardogs attacking the bandits might be an AI conflict (BP Animals?)

The bag of holding added to Winthrop's store is from Daulmakan's Item Pack:

9. Item Pack for Tutu/BGT (Tutu/BGT only)
==================
Adds a small amount of the main component's items to the BG1 part of the game (13 of them to be exact). Furthermore, a Bag of Holding is added to Winthrop's shop, as well as new BAMs for Perdue’s Sword, Edwin’s Amulet, History of the Sisters of Light and Darkness, and the Vial of Mysterious Liquid. There’s also a new item exclusive to the BG1 part of the game: Ulcaster Academy Ring.

#68 agb1

agb1
  • 1623 posts

Posted 01 December 2015 - 05:29 PM

Will need help to figure out the Ajantis shield bug.  And the bug with the two casters.

Edited by agb1, 01 December 2015 - 05:30 PM.

#69 Munchkin Mooch

Munchkin Mooch
  • 90 posts

Posted 01 December 2015 - 05:50 PM

The sidebar where character portraits are flickers and phases when you move a mouse over it. Parts of it appear under it, disappear on the other side, generally messy, but from what I've caught it affected only the character bar. Also one more visual bug I forgot to mention, adding it to the list above.

Edited by Munchkin Mooch, 01 December 2015 - 05:53 PM.

#70 agb1

agb1
  • 1623 posts

Posted 01 December 2015 - 06:25 PM

My installation of your dialogue bug selection finished.  I see the same missing text in the first two dialogues.  However if I skip them by hitting 1 and enter a few times, I see dialogue when I speak to other NPCs, so it is just those initial dialogues that are broken.

I enabled debug logging with ToBEx (BG2\TobEx_ini\TobExCore.ini set all lines under [debug] to = 1) and determined that tb#impdi.cre is one of the talkers.  That's from The Bigg Tweaks' "Improved Difficulty System" component.

I also see the same issue with Firebead casting Horror at CHARNAME when entering Winthrop's inn.  After that one spell is cast, Firebead is friendly as you said.  Weird.  I tried dropping the pre-BP 150 version of Firebead from back folder to override and he still does it, so that component is not to blame.

I see Firebead has the script BPMAGE6, which contains this block:

Spoiler

I do not see anything in there to check if the "LastSeenBy(Myself)" was hostile...  but I don't actually know IE scripting so maybe that is implied?

Edit: I was wrong.  I hadn't actually replaced the creature with the pre-BP 150 component.  It is BP 150 (generic creature processing) that gives Firebead the BPMAGE6 script.  By default he has the MAGE6 script.  If I replace firebe.cre with the pre-BP version, he still casts a spell at CHARNAME (magic missile, because he is using a different script).  So the problem seems to be that Firebead is initially hostile to CHARNAME for some reason, not the BP script itself.

Edited by agb1, 01 December 2015 - 06:40 PM.

#71 Munchkin Mooch

Munchkin Mooch
  • 90 posts

Posted 02 December 2015 - 03:16 AM

I'm glad you were able to get those bugs! You have a way better chance of catching the causes than I do.

I realized it was the difficulty mod dialogue that got bugged once it started working and I got to read it, but the guard that comes next is from another mod. So it must be something that affects both starting dialogues (and isn't it possible some others later too?). I've no idea.

Actually in my install Firebead casts different spells upon reload rolling the same script - it doesn't seem related to the script he's using. I got hit by Magic Missile and Melfs Arrow on two tries.

Edited by Munchkin Mooch, 02 December 2015 - 03:18 AM.

#72 agb1

agb1
  • 1623 posts

Posted 02 December 2015 - 07:14 AM

Actually in my install Firebead casts different spells upon reload rolling the same script - it doesn't seem related to the script he's using. I got hit by Magic Missile and Melfs Arrow on two tries.

That is because of the RandomNumLT(58,22) in the block I pasted.  It rolls a random number from 0 to 58 and checks if it is less than 22.  If not, the block is skipped.  The BPMAGE6 script has other similar blocks for other spells, also with random rolls, so the particular spell cast can be different each time.

That is all fine.  The problem is that Firebead is initially hostile to CHARNAME.  I still do not know what causes that.

#73 Munchkin Mooch

Munchkin Mooch
  • 90 posts

Posted 02 December 2015 - 08:34 AM

Would've reported stuff at the end of day, but I kinda found a biggie, so:

<major> 7. Charname can't die - I recall some mod or another was to make it so Charname actually faints instead of dying to allow for normal fights without protecting them more than other members. That's a cool idea. Only problem is - for me Charname doesn't faint. Just gets to 1 HP and won't go lower continuing to fight and what not. I thought maybe it was some removable affect in SK but doesn't seem to be, so I don't know how to make her faint or even die normally if need be. This is pretty OP and even when not trying to abuse it I might unintentionally do so. Tried to find in Google which one does it but failed.

<minor> 8. Candle quest in Fireleaf Forest doesn't add a journal entry

<so-so> 9. Learn through use adds Long Bow proficiency even when using short one - I seem to recall this being a known issue and possibly un-fixable, but reporting in case I remember wrong.

<so-so> 10. Dogs strike again (or rather don't) - there's a bunch of dogs added in Gnoll Stronghold (saw them as I walked through on invisibility). They're all friendly and I'm certain those there shouldn't be. Same with the bandit dogs of course, but now I know they also are placed/spawn in more places.

Edited by Munchkin Mooch, 02 December 2015 - 08:35 AM.

#74 Roxanne

Roxanne

Modder

• 3564 posts

Posted 02 December 2015 - 08:44 AM

<major> 7. Charname can't die - I recall some mod or another was to make it so Charname actually faints instead of dying to allow for normal fights without protecting them more than other members. That's a cool idea. Only problem is - for me Charname doesn't faint. Just gets to 1 HP and won't go lower continuing to fight and what not. I thought maybe it was some removable affect in SK but doesn't seem to be, so I don't know how to make her faint or even die normally if need be. This is pretty OP and even when not trying to abuse it I might unintentionally do so. Tried to find in Google which one does it but failed.

The mod is *Game over only on Party Dead*

This is old NTotSC and there never was a journal entry for this quest ever.

<so-so> 9. Learn through use adds Long Bow proficiency even when using short one - I seem to recall this being a known issue and possibly un-fixable, but reporting in case I remember wrong.

<so-so> 10. Dogs strike again (or rather don't) - there's a bunch of dogs added in Gnoll Stronghold (saw them as I walked through on invisibility). They're all friendly and I'm certain those there shouldn't be. Same with the bandit dogs of course, but now I know they also are placed/spawn in more places.

Maybe one of your party is ranger or druid??

The Sandrah Saga

another piece of *buggy, cheesy, unbalanced junk*

#75 Munchkin Mooch

Munchkin Mooch
  • 90 posts

Posted 02 December 2015 - 09:09 AM

I don't seem to have Game Over on Party Dead in my Weidu.log, but last time I remember really liking it so maybe it's a component or something? Either way, the important question is: is there a way to edit some file or whatnot to make it work as intended?

#76 Roxanne

Roxanne

Modder

• 3564 posts

Posted 02 December 2015 - 09:23 AM

I don't seem to have Game Over on Party Dead in my Weidu.log, but last time I remember really liking it so maybe it's a component or something? Either way, the important question is: is there a way to edit some file or whatnot to make it work as intended?

Look at this in the log NOGAMEOVER/SETUP-NOGAMEOVER - I never install it myself but I remember it does its stuff in Baldur.bcs and Baldur25.bcs (in case you dare to touch those)

The Sandrah Saga

#77 Munchkin Mooch

Munchkin Mooch
  • 90 posts

Posted 02 December 2015 - 12:23 PM

Nothing pops at "gameover" and only 5 entries on "game" have nothing to do with game over. Hm.

#78 Roxanne

Roxanne

Modder

• 3564 posts

Posted 02 December 2015 - 12:47 PM

Nothing pops at "gameover" and only 5 entries on "game" have nothing to do with game over. Hm.

Hm, as well - your description of what the mod does fits, instead of dying the PC is unconscious as long as any other party member is still alive - after the battle there is some text and PC wakes up again. It is only this mod that does it. The code for it is in the baldur.bcs and baldur25.bcs

You may check if this file is in your game #gstart.spl.

Maybe installing and de-installing things has messed something,

The Sandrah Saga

#79 agb1

agb1
  • 1623 posts

Posted 02 December 2015 - 12:50 PM

A few more updates for this test branch:

Changed EET Tweaks mod type from Recommended to Stable and added 'W'arning because it has no stable release so BWS is using the GitHub master branch
Corrected component 11-15 descriptions for BP-Balancer (Pick Pocket -> Lock Picking)  [the setup tp2 for the mod still erroneously refers to pockets]

BWP/BGT:
* Added EET Tweaks component 3 to selection (K4thos made it BWP/BGT compatible)
* Revised conflicts rules and pre-selections for XP tweaks from various mods (BP-Balancer, Ding0's Experience Tweak, EET Tweaks, aTweaks, Might & Guile, Drizzt Saga)
* Added dependency for NPC Strongholds' soundset changes (component 1) on component 0 of same mod

#80 Munchkin Mooch

Munchkin Mooch
  • 90 posts

Posted 02 December 2015 - 12:57 PM

@Roxanne

The problem is the PC doesn't faint - if she did, it'd be perfect. I remember it worked last time I played. I think that's what's supposed to happen, but it's broken for some reason. As it is I have to watch out and just move her away from the battle with no AI script when she's at 1 hp and pretend she's out of order. Still some enemies can chase and in smaller areas it's even more awkward. It's not a good thing.

It's a clean install, the only thing I uninstalled was W_Gui.

There actually is an affect on her with a source called #GSTART in ShadowKeeper - it's something I've tried to remove when I first noticed this bug. There's two of them, removing one seems to do nothing (at least immediately), removing the other crashes the game upon loading the save and says that CD has been removed then gives some assertion error. I've no idea if it's related to this mod or just normal PC affect.

Running a Windows search for #gstart.spl on the SoA folder gives no results :<