Photo

Druidic sorcerer spells per level ( and other) bugs

• Please log in to reply
124 replies to this topic

#101 The Imp

The Imp

Not good, see EVIL is better. You'll LIVE.

• 5150 posts

Posted 07 March 2016 - 05:52 AM

If you use a book, and cast a spell that summons a .cre that runs that script, then why do you have the Player1-6 in those scripts ? Class(Player1,SORCERER)
You could use the: LastSummonerOf(Myself) ...
IF
    Class(LastSummonerOf(Myself),SORCERER)
    CheckStatGT(LastSummonerOf(Myself),12,WIS)
    CheckStatGT(LastSummonerOf(Myself),8,CHR)
    !Alignment(LastSummonerOf(Myself),LAWFUL_GOOD)
    !Alignment(LastSummonerOf(Myself),LAWFUL_EVIL)
    !Alignment(LastSummonerOf(Myself),CHAOTIC_GOOD)
    !Alignment(LastSummonerOf(Myself),CHAOTIC_EVIL)
    !Kit(LastSummonerOf(Myself),D_SORCERER)
    !Race(LastSummonerOf(Myself),ELF)
THEN
    RESPONSE #100
        ActionOverride(LastSummonerOf(Myself),AddKit(D_SORCERER))
        ApplySpellRES("CA#STLOS",LastSummonerOf(Myself)) // No such index
        Continue()
END
That's the first 6 parts of the script. The last part... is a bit off by the way.
As it should probably be:
IF
    True()
THEN
    RESPONSE #100
        ActionOverride(Player1,DisplayString(Myself,~All the Druidic Sorcerer books effect are applied~))
        DestroySelf()
END 

Or you could just set the first part to be:
IF
THEN
    RESPONSE #100
        ApplySpellRES("CA#STLOS",LastSummonerOf(Myself)) // No such index
        Continue()
END
As there's no need to be really that restrictive. As you cast the spell as the sorcerer anyways...

Edited by The Imp, 07 March 2016 - 05:53 AM.

Yep, Jarno Mikkola. my Mega Mod FAQ. Use of the BWS, and how to use it(scroll down that post a bit). 
OK, desert dweller, welcome to the sanity, you are free to search for the limit, it's out there, we drew it in the sand. Ouh, actually it was still snow then.. but anyways.

#102 Ishad Nha

Ishad Nha
  • 80 posts

Posted 08 March 2016 - 03:44 AM

Code works properly or not at all. It can take several attempts to get the kit applied. I simplified the code to no avail:
IF
THEN
    RESPONSE #100
        ActionOverride(Player1,DisplayString(Myself,74267)) // Druidic Sorcerer
        DestroySelf()
END

It might be due to the invisibility of the Druidsor.cre or it might be due for a need to use dialog? If all else fails we can rip off the Aataqah dialog.
We can always attempt the code you showed in post #70.
Problem might be due to the Override script not being called?

Item exclusions are a total mess, I can't see rhyme or reason to what the DS is allowed to use. I used the code in post #78.
Take a few minutes to try it on your machine and see if it works there. Whole problem may just be due to problems on my PC?

#103 Ishad Nha

Ishad Nha
  • 80 posts

Posted 11 March 2016 - 12:14 AM

In the Geomantic Sorcerer mod, the Protagonist gains the Kit by talking to Aataqah the Genie. Dialog for the latter has been altered to allow him to bestow the Kit. This approach should work for the DS Kit. I will now have to learn how to deal with D and dlg files.

#104 The Imp

The Imp

• 5150 posts

Posted 11 March 2016 - 05:46 AM

In the Geomantic Sorcerer mod, the Protagonist gains the Kit by talking to Aataqah the Genie. ... I will now have to learn how to deal with D and dlg files.

And ?

It's strictly story dependent ...

A much better approach is to make the whole thing either item based... or actual kit based. As in: nothing to do with any of the other things in the game, requirements, or things. The reason why the original kits were good is that they in no where break the forth wall in story telling... there's no Sorcerer that eventually becomes a Lich/Judicator/Assassin. You should only have one kit, pre-chosen before you start the game, and so forth.

Yep, Jarno Mikkola. my Mega Mod FAQ. Use of the BWS, and how to use it(scroll down that post a bit). 
OK, desert dweller, welcome to the sanity, you are free to search for the limit, it's out there, we drew it in the sand. Ouh, actually it was still snow then.. but anyways.

#105 Ishad Nha

Ishad Nha
  • 80 posts

Posted 11 March 2016 - 08:09 PM

The scripts have been a failure, I might keep them for anyone who has a desire to try out the DS Kit in the middle of a game.

Starting as a DS will break the Clab file, which would make it hard to use the Kit in the BG1 part of BGT. There may be work-around to this problem with a class script that takes the place of the Clab file.

Edit:

It seems to be a viable idea. You will probably need three separate Override scripts: one for BGT-BG1, one for BG2 and one for ToB.
In BG2, the level-ups for levels 2 through 7 never actually happened, they were just part of character creation. By contrast, level ups for levels 8 onwards will actually happen, one at a time too.

Edited by Ishad Nha, 12 March 2016 - 04:09 AM.

#106 Ishad Nha

Ishad Nha
  • 80 posts

Posted 13 March 2016 - 02:57 AM

Okay, a new script seems to work as a replacement for the Clab file, which is junked when you change class.

Spoiler

The latest version of the Override script is shown above. SPDMHEAM and SPDMHEAN are the cap spells for hp, only one of which is needed.

PC starts out as a level 8 Druidic Sorcerer, who is only 1,000 XP short of level 9. Then the DS is reduced to level 0, so he can choose Sorcerer spells when he goes up 7 levels as a Sorcerer. Every time he goes up a level as a Sorcerer he gains additional hp, he is really double-dipping.
So he has way more HP than he really should, maybe impose a cap on HP? With a maximum 16 Constitution and a theoretical dice of d6 he should have no more than 56HP at level 7.
Give the BGT BG1 DS extra points at each level, for the first 10 levels, maybe 1 or 2 hp for each level up. BG2 DS is already over the limit for hp, a cap will remove most of these hp when the cap is applied at level 7.

True class Sorcerors get the DS Kit Description?! Apparently lines 85 through 114 of Setup-DruidicSorcererKit.tp2 overwrite the class description of the Sorceror. Uninstalling the DS kit makes no difference! This is made necessary by the kit description being removed by the change of class.

Edited by Ishad Nha, 14 March 2016 - 05:47 PM.

#107 Ishad Nha

Ishad Nha
  • 80 posts

Posted 15 March 2016 - 08:55 PM

Last problem is the Item usability, it is a mess! Code did not work as intended? Checking the item files shows that some scimitars are still usable by Druids but not by Mages. I thought the problem came from the change in class messing things up, the way the Clab file got dropped. I will need to check the code.

Successful item code:

Spoiler

Sorted out that, it seems we are go...

Edit:

[ Switching an NPC to the DS Kit in the middle of a game ]
At the start of the game you should find a book, the Tome of the Druidic Sorcerer.  When placed in a Quick Slot and used, the Tome turns an eligible Protagonist or NPC into a Druidic Sorcerer.
The relevant file is DruidSor.itm. It is highly unreliable and may take several re-loads to get the Tome to work. My guess is that you reload after 6 tries, even though it has 60 charges.

Edited by Ishad Nha, 22 March 2016 - 06:18 PM.

#108 Ishad Nha

Ishad Nha
  • 80 posts

Posted 19 March 2016 - 07:24 AM

If an NPC has a pre-existing Override script that will normally mess with the DrSorc.bcs script. Solution is to copy the latter and paste it into the beginning of the Override script.

I turned Jaheira into a DS and can't get her immunity to spell disabling...

#109 The Imp

The Imp

• 5150 posts

Posted 19 March 2016 - 07:48 AM

If an NPC has a pre-existing Override script that will normally mess with the DrSorc.bcs script. Solution is to copy the latter and paste it into the beginning of the Override script.
NO no nononoonononononononoon.
If they have an override script you turn the fuck away from it and try another solution... any other than overwriting that.

One good option is the use of the custom choose-able script, the one which you can alter in the character stat screen via the customize menu'es. It's called Class script in IESDP, in Near Infinity and so forth. And you should also know that the script is cleared when they join the party, so you need to deal with it, by for example allowing the player to re-choose it in the same menu, and you do that by exporting the very same one as a .bs file. And that's not bullshit, it comes from the fact that the games own script compiler exports them as .bs without the c in the middle.

Edited by The Imp, 19 March 2016 - 03:04 PM.

#110 Ishad Nha

Ishad Nha
  • 80 posts

Posted 19 March 2016 - 07:01 PM

It is not overwriting, it is appending, adding things to the top of the script. Original content of the script is unaltered.

Kit was working well in SoA and ToB, then it hits problems in BGT!

You level up a Protagonist DS and the game then applies a spell that reduces him to level 0 once again.

I appended the code to the top of Jaheira's script and she leveled up properly. It seems her Clab file is not working at all, the spell effects concerned can be added to her Override file.

Things from the Clab file, ClabDM01.2da, were tossed into the Class file, DrSorc.bs.

I just renamed DrSorc.bcs to DrSorc.bcs. Now things seem to be working properly. I will need to check the Protagonist too, then I need to look at each of the three starting places: BG1, BG2 and ToB.

Clab file now has only one entry: AP_SPDMDSAI. This spell originally made DrSorc the Override script, spell has been altered so that DrSorc is now the Class script. New arrangement worked for the Protagonist in BG1.

Lines  11 and 25 got cut out of the script too:
    LevelGT(Myself,0)
    LevelGT(Myself,1)
Any Bioware NPC who becomes a DS will probably have done so by grace of Level 1 NPCs mod, so they will start at level 1.

Edited by Ishad Nha, 20 March 2016 - 03:31 AM.

#111 Ishad Nha

Ishad Nha
  • 80 posts

Posted 21 March 2016 - 03:21 AM

Multiplayer mode is a hassle, things can't be made to work properly. Single player mode is quite good.

I will see if I can fix the multiplayer problems...

My installation of BGT BG2 is dysfunctional, there is an inability to summon the Imoen in the initial cutscene, hence it never ends. BGT BG2: Single-class Clerics are asked to pick Mage spells.

I seem to be largely done, now it is just the readme that needs doing...

I have been playing BGT BG1 with a DS Jaheira and everything is going well.

Edited by Ishad Nha, 22 March 2016 - 05:24 PM.

#112 Ishad Nha

Ishad Nha
  • 80 posts

Posted 22 March 2016 - 06:22 PM

If using the book to gain the kit, which most people won't be, the correct code for DruidSor.bcs is:

IF
THEN
    RESPONSE #100
        ActionOverride(LastSummonerOf(Myself),DisplayString(Myself,1080)) // Druid
        ActionOverride(LastSummonerOf(Myself),DisplayString(Myself,12837)) // Sorcerer
        ForceSpell(Myself,DRYAD_TELEPORT)
END

This was a stable release that was superseded by a version in the more recent posts.

Edited by Ishad Nha, 04 April 2016 - 04:08 AM.

#113 subtledoctor

subtledoctor
  • Modder
  • 656 posts

Posted 24 March 2016 - 12:36 PM

You guys should really give the Tome & Blood mod a try. Lots of different themed sorcerer kits, including fey and druid-y, and many variants of dragon disciples. Plus lots of other kits and changes.

I'm pretty sure Aquadrizzt (the author) said he had made the most recent version (0.61 as of this writing) compatible with the old engine. I don't know if anyone has verified that, so it would be great to get feedback on the mod from players such as yourselves...

https://forums.beamd...nd-sorcerers/p1

If you do try v0.61, make sure to use my hotfix with it:
https://forums.beamd...#Comment_720842

#114 Ishad Nha

Ishad Nha
  • 80 posts

Posted 24 March 2016 - 09:22 PM

0.61 sounds a fair way from 1.0, how complete is this collection anyway?

I can adapt the Geomantic Sorcerer mod to BGT BG1, should not take long.

Then I can translate the DS to the EE world.

#115 subtledoctor

subtledoctor
  • Modder
  • 656 posts

Posted 25 March 2016 - 04:24 AM

Numbering means nothing. It's in good shape. Worth a try anyway

#116 Ishad Nha

Ishad Nha
  • 80 posts

Posted 26 March 2016 - 06:13 PM

Now I am preparing the EE version of DS. It will be included in the Original version of the mod. There will be a separate tp2 file and setup program for each version.
As the EE version has provision for Sorcerer kits there will be no need for a change of class, which breaks 2da tables all over the place. Thus the translation should be straightforward.

Edit:

The mod comes in two versions:
(1) the version meant for the original 2000 version of Baldurs Gate 2, it uses Setup-DruidicSorcererKit.tp2 and Setup-DruidicSorcererKit.exe
(2) the Enhanced Edition version meant for BG1EE and BG2EE, it uses Setup-DruidicSorcererKitEE.tp2 and Setup-DruidicSorcererKitEE.exe
Both versions are found in the same folder. Default is now the Enhanced Edition, hence if installing the Original Version you will need to rename the main folder from DruidicSorcererKitEE to DruidicSorcererKit. This must happen before you do anything else.

It seems that the mod could work on IWD1EE, all the right files exist even if they are not used by the game.
I just installed the EE version on BG2EE and it seems to work okay.
Now the 1d6 hp can be arranged by a simple alteration of HPClass.2da, change HPWIZ to HPROG by a simple SET_2DA_ENTRY.

Tier 1 HLAs have a prerequisite, SPCL996, I don't know how you obtain this. (It actually comes from SPDMHLAB.spl and is needed.) Now the EE HLAs seem to be working.

Original Version HLAs may be tougher because the class LUAB file was disconnected when the change in class happened. May need to use the class script instead. A spreadsheet could design an extension to the script.

Edited by Ishad Nha, 28 March 2016 - 06:58 PM.

#117 Ishad Nha

Ishad Nha
  • 80 posts

Posted 30 March 2016 - 03:53 AM

Latest game plan is to:
(1) create the DS as a Druid
(2) do the levelling up
(3) drop the DrSorc.bcs script and replace it with something else
(4) then save game and close BG2 program
(5) go into KitList.2da and change the Druid class number, 11, to the Sorcerer class number, 19
(6) then restart the game.

Notes:
(2) then save game and close BG2 program.
You don't need to save and restart immediately but it is handy if you do before your next level up.

(5) will re-connect the Clab and Luab files to the kit so they actually work. This greatly simplifies the HLA situation. You can have the easy creation offered by the present method and you can have a functioning HLA Tier system. Before this I couldn't get the HLAs working, unless I used a PC created as a Sorcerer whom I turned into a DS with a Tome.

Is the Clab file read only at level up? If so, the drsorc script will be needed for levels before the current one.

Now I will need to alter all the Readme files...

#118 Ishad Nha

Ishad Nha
  • 80 posts

Posted 31 March 2016 - 05:58 PM

EE version, the DS starts as a Sorcerer this is generally fine but it messes with Weapon Proficiencies. In original version they started with three at Candlekeep, here they start with one. Profs.2da assigns WPs by class not by kit hence you can only alter this table for all Sorcerers... Solutions are:
(1) go back to starting as a Druid
(2) alter the 2da table for all Sorcerers, which will only work if you only have the Druidic variety
(3) assign bonus WPs via a spell or script.

ACTION_IF FILE_EXISTS ~Data/AR0002.BIF~
THEN BEGIN
// If game is Baldurs Gate EE, this places Tome in Candlekeep Inn:
 EXTEND_BOTTOM ~ar2616.bcs~ ~DruidicSorcererKitEE/baf/AR2616.baf~
END
This works in original BG2 but not in either of BG1:EE or BG2:EE.
Fortunately this format does work for EE games: ACTION_IF GAME_IS ~BG2EE~

Edited by Ishad Nha, 01 April 2016 - 07:13 AM.

#119 Ishad Nha

Ishad Nha
  • 80 posts

Posted 02 April 2016 - 04:45 AM

Now this should be the final release. It should work for all games BG2, BGT and the EE versions.

Can't get the thing to upload, I get this message after the upload finishes:

"No file was selected for upload"

so I will provide a direct link instead:

(This has been superseded by more recent versions.)

Edited by Ishad Nha, 04 April 2016 - 04:10 AM.

#120 The Imp

The Imp

• 5150 posts

Posted 02 April 2016 - 06:18 AM

Why is the Setup-DruidicSorcererKit_xyz_.exe in the mod folder ?
Unnecessary*...

And just so you know: This sort of things, these lines are not back to back, that's not the problem, it's that the file is overwritten, not patched:
COPY ~DruidicSorcererKitEE/cre/tornado.cre~ ~override/tornado.cre~
COPY ~DruidicSorcererKitEE/spl/SPCL937.SPL~ ~override/SPCL937.SPL~
Are very ... incompatibility inclined. And spell mod that wants to edit the spcl spells are likely going to flip a lot because of this.

AT_INTERACTIVE_EXIT ~notepad DruidicSorcererKit/DSReadMe.txt~
Unnecessary... moved the MAIN README.txt info to DruidicSorcererKit/DSReadMe.txt
And declared the .txt an actual readme with a WeiDu.exe command

(2) the Enhanced Edition version meant for BG1EE and BG2EE
In the main directory of this mod you will find a tp2 file and a setup program:
Setup-DruidicSorcererKitEE.tp2
Setup-DruidicSorcererKitEE.exe

Again, unnecessary*...

To be edited, I'll upload a file at some point, tomorrow, today, we'll see, and depending on where you are located etc. 0+24 hours from the posting of  this.
(*Just extract this to either EE or non-EE game directory and run the Setup-DruidicSorcererKit.exe, it has both installs, and will only allow you to install the one that is considered the compatible.)

Edited by The Imp, 02 April 2016 - 06:30 AM.