• 720 posts

Posted 17 September 2016 - 08:33 AM

Yay, it worked! I love happy endings. 

#262 subtledoctor

subtledoctor
  • Modder
  • 656 posts

Posted 18 September 2016 - 05:20 AM

The available feats reside in you mage spellbook... dualling to mage should make them disappear. ;)

#263 Greenhorn

Greenhorn
  • 720 posts

Posted 18 September 2016 - 05:51 AM

The available feats reside in you mage spellbook... dualling to mage should make them disappear. ;)

Thought so, still I'm glad that we cleared that beyond any doubt. Thanks.  :)

P.S. I noticed that some areas in my BGT game are always sunny despite rain and storm acoustic effects. So far I noticed this at High hedge and Forest of the fire leaf ( Albert and his "doggie" ) areas. Not big deal ( who can say anything bad about little hunting picnic with sunshine and rainbow  :D ) but still it would be nice that this little cosmetic bugs can be fixed. 

Edited by Greenhorn, 18 September 2016 - 06:01 AM.

#264 Greenhorn

Greenhorn
  • 720 posts

Posted 19 September 2016 - 10:08 AM

I know there is very slim chance that somebody can help me with this, but man this random freezings of the game drive me nuts and kill mood for playing it completely. First time was when I tried to talk with one of the priests in SoMT vestibule and now when I tried to open drawer in Landrin's house. There is no message whatsoever, error log shows nothing, the screen just freeze and I must kill the game. Only trace of error is this: 

Untitled.jpg

Now I must quick save after every little skirmish, small dialogue or quick visit to some shop. Is there anything I can do to prevent these unexpected random crashes? 

#265 Greenhorn

Greenhorn
  • 720 posts

Posted 30 September 2016 - 07:25 AM

Found lots of bugs unfortunately, I'm sure I forgot more than half of them while playing but anyway:

1. seems that some mod ( big picture I suspect ) drastically changed area spells like web, entangle and stinking cloud. It is responsible for absurd situation in which affected creatures attack some invisible creature which is named like my main character. So while they are occupied with wild swings and spell flinching at it I can pick them up at leisure with ranged weapons. Quite funny actually. And immersion breaking. 

2. The Bigg's tweaks component: TB#TWEAKS/TB#TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #3600 // WSPATCK for all (Taimon) -> Everybody gets ApR from proficiency, only Warriors from level: TB#Tweaks, V 2.61 BWP Fix isn't working correctly, it gives full attack instead of half for warriors at level 7 making it seriously overpowered. I knew I shouldn't install it, always getting some problems with it, one way or the other. 

3. Cloak of the wolf has some weird visual effect once you transform to wolf, afterwards every couple of seconds there is some annoying magic swirl around PC in question, even after resting and reloading. It also happens when you switch weapon, change armor, enter new area and so on. Had to ditch Valerie because of it. 

4. Little bit about Sandrah BGT here, don't know is it relevant anymore after mod is withdrawn but maybe it can help for future versions. Anyway:

a) Shar-Teel is paladin who can't use metal armor and is equipped with invisible, unremovable ring which makes her unkillable ( always 1 hp left). For former, I suspect that is leftover from TDD mod which assigned her fighter kit Blade master which can't use anything heavier than studded leather, and for latter the reason may be SCS component: STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #5060 // Ensure Shar-Teel doesn't die in the original challenge: v30 BWP Fix. Of course, I may be completely wrong in both cases. 

b) There are some inconsistencies and oddities if not outright bugs with Dynaheir and Sandrah. First Sandrah volunteered to retreat to Nashkel to make room for Dyna which resulted in two slightly different dialogues about that piece of cloth and getting two pieces of them. Second, they quickly initiated dialogue about Dynaehir's journal and that Winski chap showed up even before I met Drizzt and managed to retrieve her journal. Not big deal really, more aesthetic issue... 

c) There is potentially serious issue with Jen'lig and her sword. Returning to FAI to deliver Elminster his shard we run  on Fat man and his wife. Boy, that fellow throw spells on par with Irenicus ( and has level draining Soul reaver ). One finger of death later Sandrah was gone, after symbol and power word stun and one Incendiary cloud Jen'lig was no more and after ADHWilting and summoning of whole Zoo of ghasts, spiders and wyverns I had no choice but to retreat and run like hell all the way to Beregost. There I made crucial mistake to resurrect Jen'lig. After that I couldn't make two steps without stuttering and stopping of whole party. Reason I suspect, was her sword which was left on the battlefield. I had no other alternative but to park her in empty house and kick her out of the party without leaving dialogue until we retrieve her equipment. Sure enough, afterward she proclaimed me weak commander and left ( githyanki gratitude  :P ). Maybe her sword script need little more fine- tuning and her kick out dialogue could have " ups, my mistake gith girl, I don't want you out". 

5. There is perpetual and annoying bug with Garrick, tales of the troubadour mod. Every time when I travel north from Nashkel 

I run on wolves and corpse with broken viola. Garrick already has one in his possession but he is on the grand tour in Baldur's gate thanks to Sandrah. I guess this script checks is it damn piece of junk in party's inventory... 

P.S. Naronguth's area has two traps which are invisible and you can't find and neutralize  them even with 120 Search trap thief skill and cleric spell Find traps... 

#266 Roxanne

Roxanne

Modder

• 3564 posts

Posted 30 September 2016 - 11:15 AM

Regarding point 4 of your previous post

4a) is probably caused by some other mod, like you were guessing already.

4b) all Dynaheir/Sandrah interactions would only commence after you got the journal - I cannot reproduce your situation anymore with any of the recent versions (so consider overcome)

4c) the epic battle you describe is probably caused by the Fat Man having had a standard script (no longer done in EET this way) in your version still which was *enhanced* by some other mod in your installation. Jen'lig has been improved in general - this strange leaving behaviour was probably caused by another BGT bug where some spells would cause dead companions to be treated like they were kicked out. -

The sword being left on the battlefield and not taken by the party for her ressurection is still an issue (her script makes her search for it, which does not work if you have already changed areas) - I will add a function for this case.

Anyway, thanks for the trouble of reporting the findings - I still take any hint to improve the mod.

The Sandrah Saga

another piece of *buggy, cheesy, unbalanced junk*

#267 Greenhorn

Greenhorn
  • 720 posts

Posted 30 September 2016 - 11:52 AM

4b) all Dynaheir/Sandrah interactions would only commence after you got the journal - I cannot reproduce your situation anymore with any of the recent versions (so consider overcome)

4c) the epic battle you describe is probably caused by the Fat Man having had a standard script (no longer done in EET this way) in your version still which was *enhanced* by some other mod in your installation. Jen'lig has been improved in general - this strange leaving behaviour was probably caused by another BGT bug where some spells would cause dead companions to be treated like they were kicked out. -

The sword being left on the battlefield and not taken by the party for her ressurection is still an issue (her script makes her search for it, which does not work if you have already changed areas) - I will add a function for this case.

Anyway, thanks for the trouble of reporting the findings - I still take any hint to improve the mod.

Thanks for reply Roxanne. Glad to hear that Sandrah is still strong and improving. One more thing that I forgot about her though, I noticed that she is very inconsistent with her innate abilities, they are changing frequently. For example, before she left for Nashkel temple she had mastery in warhammers and three uses of Mystra's vapour, in the meantime, she gain extra attack ( 3 attacks currently ) and gone back to only specialization with it, lost extra uses of MV but gain additional Heal and so on. Not big deal, I know, but is this intended?  

#268 Roxanne

Roxanne

Modder

• 3564 posts

Posted 30 September 2016 - 12:14 PM

Thanks for reply Roxanne. Glad to hear that Sandrah is still strong and improving. One more thing that I forgot about her though, I noticed that she is very inconsistent with her innate abilities, they are changing frequently. For example, before she left for Nashkel temple she had mastery in warhammers and three uses of Mystra's vapour, in the meantime, she gain extra attack ( 3 attacks currently ) and gone back to only specialization with it, lost extra uses of MV but gain additional Heal and so on. Not big deal, I know, but is this intended?  

It was not intended and it was one of these BGT things that no longer apply in EET (at least not up to now). It was caused by some tweak mod in BGT but I forgot which one...the whole concept of custom kits and abilities is much clearer in EET. Sometimes in BGT I have also observed that she gained or lost HP on saves and reloads, mostly ending with much too high HP at higher levels.

The Sandrah Saga

#269 Greenhorn

Greenhorn
  • 720 posts

Posted 30 September 2016 - 01:25 PM

It was not intended and it was one of these BGT things that no longer apply in EET (at least not up to now). It was caused by some tweak mod in BGT but I forgot which one...the whole concept of custom kits and abilities is much clearer in EET. Sometimes in BGT I have also observed that she gained or lost HP on saves and reloads, mostly ending with much too high HP at higher levels.

Heh, you can never have too much hit points, when the time comes those will start melting in the heat of the battle like snow in the spring. OK Roxanne, thanks.  :)

Edited by Greenhorn, 30 September 2016 - 01:27 PM.

#270 Greenhorn

Greenhorn
  • 720 posts

Posted 01 October 2016 - 10:13 AM

The Bigg's tweaks component: TB#TWEAKS/TB#TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #3600 // WSPATCK for all (Taimon) -> Everybody gets ApR from proficiency, only Warriors from level: TB#Tweaks, V 2.61 BWP Fix isn't working correctly, it gives full attack instead of half for warriors at level 7 making it seriously overpowered.

This actually isn't true, seems that this component works as it should, it was my stupid mistake in which I installed this after it: BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #2210 // True Grandmastery (Baldurdash): v16. So sorry for this. 

#271 Greenhorn

Greenhorn
  • 720 posts

Posted 01 October 2016 - 02:28 PM

Sigh, more shenanigans with tweaks of all  kinds and colors. It seems that above component works fine except with my chosen Retaliator kit. Looking at it's clab table it is missing half attack at 13th level. I'm just not sure is it fault of the kit itself or this tweak. Also it seems that true grand mastery tweak gives instead of 1 extra attack in fact 1.5 attack. Checked it in the start of ToB, 18th level fighter with specialization in chosen melee weapon will have 5/2 APR but with grandmastery it will be 7/2 APR. Can I sort this mess somehow  with NI maybe? 

Edited by Greenhorn, 02 October 2016 - 12:16 AM.

#272 The Imp

The Imp

Not good, see EVIL is better. You'll LIVE.

• 5150 posts

Posted 01 October 2016 - 10:48 PM

Sigh, more shenanigans with tweaks of kinds and colors. It seems that above component works fine except with my chosen Retaliator kit. Looking at it's clab table it is missing half attack at 13th level. I'm just not sure is it fault of the kit itself or this tweak. Also it seems that true grand mastery tweak gives instead of 1 extra attack in fact 1.5 attack. Checked it in the start of ToB, 18th level fighter with specialization in chosen melee weapon will have 5/2 APR but with grandmastery it will be 7/2 APR. Can I sort this mess somehow  with NI maybe? 

Well, should you know, the only change the BG2Tweaks packs component does is it gives grandmaster a +1 in addition to the normal specialization and the level up progression at level 7 and 13. That each give it +1/2. =7/2 in one handed style.

So tell us exactly what you are actually looking for, maybe we could help you that way better ?

Yep, Jarno Mikkola. my Mega Mod FAQ. Use of the BWS, and how to use it(scroll down that post a bit). 
OK, desert dweller, welcome to the sanity, you are free to search for the limit, it's out there, we drew it in the sand. Ouh, actually it was still snow then.. but anyways.

#273 Greenhorn

Greenhorn
  • 720 posts

Posted 02 October 2016 - 12:15 AM

Sigh, more shenanigans with tweaks of kinds and colors. It seems that above component works fine except with my chosen Retaliator kit. Looking at it's clab table it is missing half attack at 13th level. I'm just not sure is it fault of the kit itself or this tweak. Also it seems that true grand mastery tweak gives instead of 1 extra attack in fact 1.5 attack. Checked it in the start of ToB, 18th level fighter with specialization in chosen melee weapon will have 5/2 APR but with grandmastery it will be 7/2 APR. Can I sort this mess somehow  with NI maybe? 

Well, should you know, the only change the BG2Tweaks packs component does is it gives grandmaster a +1 in addition to the normal specialization and the level up progression at level 7 and 13. That each give it +1/2. =7/2 in one handed style.

So tell us exactly what you are actually looking for, maybe we could help you that way better ?

Hey my favorite imp, you mean this is intentional? Looking at weapon proficiencies table of old vanilla 

BG I was given impression that specialization gives extra half attack and grandmastery another 1/2  bringing total to 1 extra attack. Throwing 1 full attack on top of specialization 1/2 bringing it to 1.5 seems kinda overpowered to me. 

#274 The Imp

The Imp

• 5150 posts

Posted 02 October 2016 - 12:42 AM

... table of old vanilla 
BG I was given impression that ..

Well guess what, you remember wrong. Yes, the BG1's Grandmaster, though it was really hard to get, gave you +1 and 1/2 attacks per round, and the +1/2's at level 7 and 13... though you would never get to be at level 13... nor actually be able to have grandmaster as you were restricted to set 2 per weapon type at level 1. And thus maxed out to 4 points, so you would never reach the 5(grandmastery).
I think I already posted this here: just edit the wspatck.2da to your liking... yep.

And yes, you would at first think that 3.5 attacks per round(instead of 2.5) is OP at first, but then you'll notice that it doesn't actually amount to that much bigger in ToB where there's 10 attacks per round abilities and other stuff ... or mindflayers that have 5 attacks per round by default that is likely to kill your char in just one round. And you have to have 5 point in the weapon. Meaning that your skill with the others will be useless.

Edited by The Imp, 02 October 2016 - 12:56 AM.

Yep, Jarno Mikkola. my Mega Mod FAQ. Use of the BWS, and how to use it(scroll down that post a bit). 
OK, desert dweller, welcome to the sanity, you are free to search for the limit, it's out there, we drew it in the sand. Ouh, actually it was still snow then.. but anyways.

#275 Greenhorn

Greenhorn
  • 720 posts

Posted 02 October 2016 - 01:41 AM

... table of old vanilla 
BG I was given impression that ..

Well guess what, you remember wrong. Yes, the BG1's Grandmaster, though it was really hard to get, gave you +1 and 1/2 attacks per round, and the +1/2's at level 7 and 13... though you would never get to be at level 13... nor actually be able to have grandmaster as you were restricted to set 2 per weapon type at level 1. And thus maxed out to 4 points, so you would never reach the 5(grandmastery).
I think I already posted this here: just edit the wspatck.2da to your liking... yep.

And yes, you would at first think that 3.5 attacks per round(instead of 2.5) is OP at first, but then you'll notice that it doesn't actually amount to that much bigger in ToB where there's 10 attacks per round abilities and other stuff ... or mindflayers that have 5 attacks per round by default that is likely to kill your char in just one round. And you have to have 5 point in the weapon. Meaning that your skill with the others will be useless.

Oh well, it seems that this is completely misleading then:

Level of proficiency Slots spent Bonus THAC0 Bonus damage Melee Attacks per round
Unskilled 0 -1 -1 1
Proficient 1 0 0 1
Specialized 2 +1 +2 3/2
Master 3 +3 +3 3/2
High Master 4 +3 +4 3/2
Grand Master 5 +3 +5 2
Ranged weapons do not use the Melee Attacks per round figure
Fighters, Barbarians, Rangers, and Paladins gain +0.5 base number of attacks at levels 7 and 13

Anyway, my second inquiry would be how to add 1/2 attack to my retaliator kit, seems that he is missing it judging from this: 

http://www.shsforums...it/#entry590259

Guess I should add one more  AP_TB#TATT under 13th level? 

Edited by Greenhorn, 02 October 2016 - 01:45 AM.

#276 The Imp

The Imp

• 5150 posts

Posted 02 October 2016 - 01:54 AM

Exactly.
Did you quote the correct table, cause the mod(BG2 Tweak/Tweaks Anniversary) has several components and they each have their own separate table. And if you install either of those and the Bigg tweaks component, you get both of them, so not just one. As the unnerfed grandmastery component has the +1, not +1/2 ..

Edited by The Imp, 02 October 2016 - 01:56 AM.

#277 Greenhorn

Greenhorn
  • 720 posts

Posted 02 October 2016 - 02:30 AM

Exactly.
Did you quote the correct table, cause the mod(BG2 Tweak/Tweaks Anniversary) has several components and they each have their own separate table. And if you install either of those and the Bigg tweaks component, you get both of them, so not just one. As the unnerfed grandmastery component has the +1, not +1/2 ..

Well, the table is from Baldur's gate wiki which is identical to table from my Baldur's gate manual:

The more I think about it I'm more and more convinced that they implemented it wrong. I even  recall that I saw some discussion over on Gibberlings about this issue. Well, I guess that I should post them myself later... Thanks Imp. 

Attached Images

• Untitled.png

Edited by Greenhorn, 02 October 2016 - 02:39 AM.

#278 Greenhorn

Greenhorn
  • 720 posts

Posted 05 October 2016 - 11:45 AM

Couple of more things I found while playing this megamod game, for starters it seems that Anthology tweaks components two handed bastard swords, axes and katanas seriously disrupt economy of the Sword coast. It makes me sad somewhat to enter the shop and see that buying price for such rare commodity as katana is only 1gp and selling prices for good dwarven axes +2 that fell in my hands are the same. Furthermore  it seems that Subrace mod which makes Viconia true drow is bugged, when you first recruit her everything is peachy, but if you kick her and later take back in party she is constantly suffering from daylight penalty and her magic resistance doesn't improve anymore. In another words you keep penalties but advantages are lost. Maybe this has something with the fact that she is awfully quiet after her first dialogue with Sandrah about that cloth piece, after that nothing progressed further and those two are now very long time in my party. Speaking of Sandrah, found couple of things about her too. She sometimes destroy items equipped in her inventory, for example my main character tried that Mystra's belt ( Sandrah doesn't need it actually, she biffed her strength from Elminster's letter ) and when I unpaused  inventory screen the belt was again in her possession destroying Girdle of bluntness that was equipped by her. It just vanished, very strange. So far, I really like this mod and I enjoy playing it, but I have couple of objections too. Hope they will not be recieved with ill will. Although I like idea that she has such powerful pet/guardian she is way too OP. I'm not talking about her stats and abilities, but the fact that she is practically unkillable. That Khattark bastard didn't even scratch her with +3 weapon ( I really hate this guy, he fried Imoen and Jaheira to permanent death with his fireball, leaving my PC and Khalid broken men, not even Sandrah and whole clergy of Mystra could help in this case, I can only hope that I will see them somewhere in Amn again with the help of some divine providence  ;) ) nor all manners of beasts, monsters and men. I have nothing against powerful teammates and helpers in my quite difficult game setup, but like this all challenge is lost. I suggest mildly stripping her of her immunities to weapons. I'm quite surprised with some contradictory lore about Elminster too, but that is minor thing really... 

#279 The Imp

The Imp

• 5150 posts

Posted 05 October 2016 - 12:00 PM

Couple of more things I found while playing this megamod game, for starters it seems that Anthology tweaks components two handed bastard swords, axes and katanas seriously disrupt economy of the Sword coast. It makes me sad somewhat to enter the shop and see that buying price for such rare commodity as katana is only 1gp and selling prices for good dwarven axes +2 that fell in my hands are the same.

That's a roll off from the fact that the item that's sold and bought is not the original item, but the replica... aka, if you just buy the item, equip it and use the ability to make it one handed again, the sell price should reflect the actual one and so you can reduce the price from your gold sack. Or buy it couple times to do the same thing, as the buy and sell price should stack so the seller takes a cut each time.

Seems like the drow mod is bugged...

#280 Roxanne

Roxanne

Modder

• 3564 posts

Posted 05 October 2016 - 12:10 PM

Couple of more things I found while playing this megamod game, for starters it seems that Anthology tweaks components two handed bastard swords, axes and katanas seriously disrupt economy of the Sword coast. It makes me sad somewhat to enter the shop and see that buying price for such rare commodity as katana is only 1gp and selling prices for good dwarven axes +2 that fell in my hands are the same. Furthermore  it seems that Subrace mod which makes Viconia true drow is bugged, when you first recruit her everything is peachy, but if you kick her and later take back in party she is constantly suffering from daylight penalty and her magic resistance doesn't improve anymore. In another words you keep penalties but advantages are lost. Maybe this has something with the fact that she is awfully quiet after her first dialogue with Sandrah about that cloth piece, after that nothing progressed further and those two are now very long time in my party. Speaking of Sandrah, found couple of things about her too. She sometimes destroy items equipped in her inventory, for example my main character tried that Mystra's belt ( Sandrah doesn't need it actually, she biffed her strength from Elminster's letter ) and when I unpaused  inventory screen the belt was again in her possession destroying Girdle of bluntness that was equipped by her. It just vanished, very strange. So far, I really like this mod and I enjoy playing it, but I have couple of objections too. Hope they will not be recieved with ill will. Although I like idea that she has such powerful pet/guardian she is way too OP. I'm not talking about her stats and abilities, but the fact that she is practically unkillable. That Khattark bastard didn't even scratch her with +3 weapon ( I really hate this guy, he fried Imoen and Jaheira to permanent death with his fireball, leaving my PC and Khalid broken men, not even Sandrah and whole clergy of Mystra could help in this case, I can only hope that I will see them somewhere in Amn again with the help of some divine providence  ;) ) nor all manners of beasts, monsters and men. I have nothing against powerful teammates and helpers in my quite difficult game setup, but like this all challenge is lost. I suggest mildly stripping her of her immunities to weapons. I'm quite surprised with some contradictory lore about Elminster too, but that is minor thing really... 

With respect to Sandrah - it seems you have now reached a point in the game where you see why she was withdrawn from BGT. None of those issues are in the mod but she suffers the consequences of what other mods did to your installation. e.g. Khattark is a bastard but he is a BG1 chapter 3 - 5 opponent unless some tweak makes him what you describe. Viconia and Sandrah have a lot of interaction unless Viconia was changed by some other mod (sounds like that). Sandrah claims her items back if someone else tries to use them but she does not destroy other things - except for some red wizard stuff, but then she informs you about it first. And Pelligram when injured would retreat from a battle to regenerate and she is vulnerable to most weapons although she resists some types of magic

Spoiler

So, in summary, Sandrah's odd behaviour has sources outside of the original mod and shows why she becomes frustrating in a mega mod installation with too many counteracting tweaks installed.

The Sandrah Saga