• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

#21 Shuv-Oohl

Shuv-Oohl
  • Modder
  • 113 posts

Posted 22 October 2016 - 02:26 PM

@Azaghal

You're welcome. Enjoy Your game. Go ahead and open a new thread for Your saving problem.

At least I got an install sufficiently close to Yours at hand to find this bug. Perhaps it will work for another bug too.

With respect to backup: During an install there may be many different mods that want to change the same file

like for example that file spwi705.spl. Since the mods typically don't want to change the same aspects of that file

there is no problem in allowing all mods to access the file. But of course in a sequential manner and not all mods at the same time.

So every mod gets his turn (may be 2 or three times) to change something. And before this happens the mod (better said WeiDU)

makes a backup of the file the mod is going to change. (This is one reason why we are talking about 20 gigabytes at a BWP install.)

So if You don't use the "cleanup.bat" You have (better said with WeiDU's help one can have) the complete information on how

the install was before mod No 26 and how the install was after mod 26 i.e. before mod 27, and befor mod 28 and so on. You have the install CV.

Only that way a reasonable debugging is possible.

@The Imp

Sorry that I didn't mention it, but of course I checked that backup as the last one working.

In fact the ability of SPWI705.spl has 2 effects: cast spell 705B and cast 705C.

And the ability of SPWI705B.spl looks fishy with it's last effect number 14:

Effect Type: AC bonus (0),Target: None (0),Power: 0,AC value: 0,Bonus to: ( All weapons ),

Deleting this effect in SPWI705B we achieve a working spell SPWI705.spl as well.

#22 The Imp

The Imp

Not good, see EVIL is better. You'll LIVE.

• 5150 posts

Posted 23 October 2016 - 01:41 AM

Time to --debug the "spwi705b.spl" file then...

Yep, Jarno Mikkola. my Mega Mod FAQ. Use of the BWS, and how to use it(scroll down that post a bit). 
OK, desert dweller, welcome to the sanity, you are free to search for the limit, it's out there, we drew it in the sand. Ouh, actually it was still snow then.. but anyways.

#23 Shuv-Oohl

Shuv-Oohl
  • Modder
  • 113 posts

Posted 23 October 2016 - 08:43 AM

Oh, I did.And of course there's nothing special about it. The very first version is buggy. Otherwise I would have left a comment on

identifying SR as the source of the problem. But as it stands right now Your post on G3 seems to be well addressed. Thanks for that.

(In fact the tp2 file has a snippet like "fix_khelben = 0" when it comes to the component 'Detectable spells',so I think the author will recognize

the bug immediately.)