Photo

Sandrah Saga for EET (Bug and Support Forum)

EET Mega Mod

• Please log in to reply
1095 replies to this topic

#61 Lightbringer23

Lightbringer23
  • 21 posts

Posted 14 December 2016 - 05:01 PM

Hi Roxanne,

This is Lightbringer, from earlier, now registered. Unfortunately, when I registered under "Lightbringer", I miss-set my contact email as @gmail.con, not .com, resulting in the confirmation email being lost.  So here I am as Lightbringer23, hoping that we're all smart enough to maintain continuity between here and G3, where I'm Lightbringer :doh:

I found a new bug. Whether it's from Sandrah or some other conflict I hope you'll be able to clear up.  When running into Noober in Nashkell, the game freezes (windows offers to close the non-responding program) when I click "Continue" when Sandrah says "There's a river nearby".

I attached my save file and WeiDu logs.

Thanks!

Attached Files

#62 Lightbringer23

Lightbringer23
  • 21 posts

Posted 14 December 2016 - 05:13 PM

Hey cool! Apparently Imgur lets you put up images without a login.  Following previous examples, here's a screenshot, if it's easier that way.

#63 Roxanne

Roxanne

Modder

• 3564 posts

Posted 14 December 2016 - 11:26 PM

Hi Roxanne,

This is Lightbringer, from earlier, now registered. Unfortunately, when I registered under "Lightbringer", I miss-set my contact email as @gmail.con, not .com, resulting in the confirmation email being lost.  So here I am as Lightbringer23, hoping that we're all smart enough to maintain continuity between here and G3, where I'm Lightbringer :doh:

I found a new bug. Whether it's from Sandrah or some other conflict I hope you'll be able to clear up.  When running into Noober in Nashkell, the game freezes (windows offers to close the non-responding program) when I click "Continue" when Sandrah says "There's a river nearby".

I attached my save file and WeiDu logs.

Thanks!

Hey cool! Apparently Imgur lets you put up images without a login.  Following previous examples, here's a screenshot, if it's easier that way.

I looked into it and it is NOT a Sandrah issue.

Sandrah's interjection ends with the quote you see. It leads to original Noober saying

~See you soon! Bye!~

This is again interjected by Branwen and Imoen comments from BG1NPC mod - since you have Imoen in party, I suspect the issue lies there. (No idea about Morwen? But I think she is not involved, last time I checked her she has no dialogue/contents at all, yet)

You may test it by doing the sequence again without Imoen. (Or run it again without Sandrah)

If that does not help, there may be an issue with whatever language you use for the original dialogue...

PS - In my English version of the game I can run the whole thing from your save without issue - so it appears to be one of those language/symbols issue I saw mentioned recently. (UTF-8 code or something like this)

Edited by Roxanne, 14 December 2016 - 11:37 PM.

The Sandrah Saga

another piece of *buggy, cheesy, unbalanced junk*

#64 zonx

zonx
  • 93 posts

Posted 15 December 2016 - 12:29 AM

Here's a few minor issues I've noticed in the first 3 chapters or so. I should mention I am enjoying the extra content given here! These are minor issues I hope I don't come off as nitpicking.

Spoiler

#65 Roxanne

Roxanne

Modder

• 3564 posts

Posted 15 December 2016 - 12:58 AM

misc items - missing icons (one, two). Might just be an issue with this install but a handful of sandrah items have been missing their icons.

Put these two files into override

Attached File  AGDBTS10.BAM   8.43K   169 downloads

Attached File  AGIBTS10.BAM   1.81K   156 downloads

The Sandrah Saga

#66 Roxanne

Roxanne

Modder

• 3564 posts

Posted 15 December 2016 - 01:09 AM

Here's a few minor issues I've noticed in the first 3 chapters or so. I should mention I am enjoying the extra content given here! These are minor issues I hope I don't come off as nitpicking.

Spoiler

All of these are valid comments and help to improve the mod - so thank you again (and keep on reporting whatever you see).

I have incorporated all this already in the current version

- Corrected typo in Naronguth dialogue

- Deploy item bams (icons) if not present in install >>>> adhoc solution in post above

- Correct name and item description for harper pin

For the other comments -

quest log - I avoid to give a more direct hint here, dialogue mentions the second lair is in a similar environment, then you get the scroll's hint when visiting the area, the waterfall hint - it is not presented on a platter but not difficult to find, I think. There is also no urgency required to solve the plot.

night map - this is how the game had them by default. If I find a way to improve it, I will (any hints of how to is welcome). It is on my to-do list, even if not highest priority

Edited by Roxanne, 15 December 2016 - 01:10 AM.

The Sandrah Saga

#67 -PowerLich-

-PowerLich-

Posted 17 December 2016 - 08:44 AM

It's not fair, i tried to kill Bhaalspawn sister of Sandrah, she is unkillable, as Elminster that appears when she is attacked. Why not allow massacre in the Undermountain?

#68 Roxanne

Roxanne

Modder

• 3564 posts

Posted 17 December 2016 - 11:10 AM

It's not fair, i tried to kill Bhaalspawn sister of Sandrah, she is unkillable, as Elminster that appears when she is attacked. Why not allow massacre in the Undermountain?

Because it is like killing the hooded man already in SoD - the story will end there. Just kill Sandrah instead, it is easier,

The Sandrah Saga

#69 -PowerLich-

-PowerLich-

Posted 17 December 2016 - 01:28 PM

Because it is like killing the hooded man already in SoD - the story will end there. Just kill Sandrah instead, it is easier,

Hooded man is for the main story. And it's already shown that Irenicus sends his clones.

There are already dialogue choices like "I'll kill you". Why not allow to kill her and add her power to Bhaal Throne? It's not the main story and there is nothing to loose from story, if she will be killed in the Undermountain.

I can kill Sandra, but can't kill Elminster and her sister, it's not cool.

PS It's like non-killable Gorion in Candlekeep. I hated same things in Planescape Torment (there were some inkillable chars). Why he can't be killed? There must be way to leave Candlekeep as main hero says about nature walks from Candlekeep. Sarevok still will hunt player down.

#70 Roxanne

Roxanne

Modder

• 3564 posts

Posted 17 December 2016 - 02:27 PM

Hooded man is for the main story. And it's already shown that Irenicus sends his clones.

There are already dialogue choices like "I'll kill you". Why not allow to kill her and add her power to Bhaal Throne? It's not the main story and there is nothing to loose from story, if she will be killed in the Undermountain.

I can kill Sandra, but can't kill Elminster and her sister, it's not cool.

PS It's like non-killable Gorion in Candlekeep. I hated same things in Planescape Torment (there were some inkillable chars). Why he can't be killed? There must be way to leave Candlekeep as main hero says about nature walks from Candlekeep. Sarevok still will hunt player down.

Spoiler

Edited by Roxanne, 17 December 2016 - 02:28 PM.

The Sandrah Saga

#71 -PowerLich-

-PowerLich-

Posted 18 December 2016 - 01:10 PM

So i returned to Faerun and don't know what to do at all.

In Waterdeep's Tempus Temple i found dead orc and strange potion. Sandrah said about going to great mage like Thalantir to talk about it. I came to him and he says nothing at all.

While playing BG1 I didn't go to fields of the dead because they didn't shown on world map after talking to female at Beard and male at Baldurs Gate entrance.

In BG2 I didn't have Minsc in party and didn't meet any Shauana (because NToSC didn't work on world map).

So is there is any possibility to solve or skip Chapter 23 and go to chapter 24?

Maybe some global variables must be set in EE Keeper to work with it?

#72 Roxanne

Roxanne

Modder

• 3564 posts

Posted 18 December 2016 - 01:58 PM

While playing BG1 I didn't go to fields of the dead because they didn't shown on world map

Did you use BP-BGT worldmap or EET Worldmap? Did you have any other NIotSC areas on the WM?

And I think that you have discovered a major bug - you should not even had the option to go into RtF without that Shauhana quest done. Sandrah should have left you long before ToB ending. (Unless you made her stay by some console inputs maybe?)

Edited by Roxanne, 18 December 2016 - 02:03 PM.

The Sandrah Saga

#73 -PowerLich-

-PowerLich-

Posted 18 December 2016 - 11:21 PM

While playing BG1 I didn't go to fields of the dead because they didn't shown on world map

Did you use BP-BGT worldmap or EET Worldmap? Did you have any other NIotSC areas on the WM?

And I think that you have discovered a major bug - you should not even had the option to go into RtF without that Shauhana quest done. Sandrah should have left you long before ToB ending. (Unless you made her stay by some console inputs maybe?)

No, none of NOSC areas appeared except Nothern Citadel, but Nother Citadel shows as unreachable. I use EET Worldmap I think.

I used editing of dlg file when Sandrah out of blue said she bet on wrong horse and tried to leave me after drawning Cloakwood Mines. But that was before Baldurs Gate opening or Ungoth Beard reachable. Cause in PDF there is written, then NTOSC must be walked through after Drizzt Saga.

#74 Roxanne

Roxanne

Modder

• 3564 posts

Posted 19 December 2016 - 01:31 AM

No, none of NOSC areas appeared except Nothern Citadel, but Nother Citadel shows as unreachable. I use EET Worldmap I think.

I used editing of dlg file when Sandrah out of blue said she bet on wrong horse and tried to leave me after drawning Cloakwood Mines. But that was before Baldurs Gate opening or Ungoth Beard reachable. Cause in PDF there is written, then NTOSC must be walked through after Drizzt Saga.

Sandrah does not work with EET worldmap since her new areas are out of range of that map. The interim NTotSC (which is only provided to enable Sandrah until a real EET-capable version is released) also only supports BP-BGT Worldmap. (BWS installations have this check, if you install manually there is no way to check this - a mod cannot check for mods to be installed afterwards, so the only way is to clearly say it in the install instruction, probably you overlooked it there.)

Cause in PDF there is written, then NTOSC must be walked through after Drizzt Saga.

There is not such a strict requirement saying that you need to have a sequence of events (only an install sequence).

Anyway, with your current install and skipped episodes you are at the end of the Sandrah Saga for now, as part 2 and part 3 will not be playable this way.

Due to your report I have re-activated the dialogue check at the end of SoA part, where Sandrah will check if you did those of her quests that are needed in further episodes. This check was ommitted with the new transitions between SoA and ToB that EET has, but based on your experience it may be a good idea to put it back in again. (I uploaded a version now that contains this addition.)

The Sandrah Saga

#75 zonx

zonx
  • 93 posts

Posted 19 December 2016 - 02:26 AM

While I haven't been playing much, I've noticed pelligram has frozen (pic, another). Can't select/ interact with at all, she just freezes up immediately on each area. Thoughts?

Edited by zonx, 19 December 2016 - 02:26 AM.

#76 Roxanne

Roxanne

Modder

• 3564 posts

Posted 19 December 2016 - 02:35 AM

While I haven't been playing much, I've noticed pelligram has frozen (pic, another). Can't select/ interact with at all, she just freezes up immediately on each area. Thoughts?

Do you remember when it started?

If you could post a save, that would be helpful. In this case there is nothing to see from a picture.

My assumption is, that she is really *frozen or immobilized* by a spell from some battle and you were travelling between areas before she reverted to normal? Maybe some party member has a reversal spell, otherwise you may try strg+Q on her.

The Sandrah Saga

#77 zonx

zonx
  • 93 posts

Posted 19 December 2016 - 02:43 AM

Oh wow haha, yep she was just turnt to stone. I suppose it was hard to notice because it probably happened off screen and I didn't notice she wasn't following for a while. I'm usually pretty liberal with my ctrl-R usage too, just didn't think it would be so simple.

#78 Roxanne

Roxanne

Modder

• 3564 posts

Posted 19 December 2016 - 03:13 AM

Oh wow haha, yep she was just turnt to stone. I suppose it was hard to notice because it probably happened off screen and I didn't notice she wasn't following for a while. I'm usually pretty liberal with my ctrl-R usage too, just didn't think it would be so simple.

In this case there is also an non-console option. Ask Sandrah's parcel for a stone to flesh scroll. (And yes, my error, it is ctrl-R not Q).

I have long experimented with this possible behaviour of companions (also Haiass). I have decided against options to give those creatures more immunity or stuff not to let them become overpowered. You can solve most of such cases with the spells you have - just like you pointed out, you first need to recognize the issue...

Edited by Roxanne, 19 December 2016 - 03:17 AM.

The Sandrah Saga

#79 Lassal

Lassal
  • Modder
  • 100 posts

Posted 19 December 2016 - 03:32 PM

Finished Sandra RTF/TOT with console commands (looked into all new areas and finished all monsters and some quests).

Maybe it's console magic, but in Mystra Temple fallen into Shar hands both Larloch and Shar didn't turn hostile fight and defend at all (just standed and cast some dispel spells).

And maybe it's too cool to give 4 000 000 exp points for their kills?

Also of first level of Shar / Mystra Temple most of Cultists stayed neutral and became aggressive only after individual talk to them. Seems like bug?

Final battle with Tam was difficult enough. But most of fights were not difficult. There mostly were Skeletons, Duergar Mages etc and they tried to overhelm by quantity not quality. I think it's better to not reuse BG creatures, but clone them and make it more difficult. After fight with Mellisan RTF was like joyful walk. Only Dark Sun cultists featured real threat to my party.

SetGlobal("BodhiRomance","GLOBAL",2)

Mods:
Vampire World for EET - http://www.shsforums...-world-for-eet/
Mercenaries of Sword Coast for EET - http://www.shsforums...-coast-for-eet/
Bank of Baldurs Gate for EEThttp://www.shsforums...s-gate-for-eet/
Caelar's Fall for EEThttp://www.shsforums...2-caelars-fall/
Pregnancy for EE/EET - http://www.shsforums...or-bg1bg2eeeet/
Sister of Bhaalspawn for EEThttp://www.shsforums...lspawn-for-eet/

#80 Roxanne

Roxanne

Modder

• 3564 posts

Posted 19 December 2016 - 09:36 PM

Finished Sandra RTF/TOT with console commands (looked into all new areas and finished all monsters and some quests).

Maybe it's console magic, but in Mystra Temple fallen into Shar hands both Larloch and Shar didn't turn hostile fight and defend at all (just standed and cast some dispel spells).

And maybe it's too cool to give 4 000 000 exp points for their kills?

Also of first level of Shar / Mystra Temple most of Cultists stayed neutral and became aggressive only after individual talk to them. Seems like bug?

Final battle with Tam was difficult enough. But most of fights were not difficult. There mostly were Skeletons, Duergar Mages etc and they tried to overhelm by quantity not quality. I think it's better to not reuse BG creatures, but clone them and make it more difficult. After fight with Mellisan RTF was like joyful walk. Only Dark Sun cultists featured real threat to my party.

Using console does just not give you full contents - you miss all the globals that trigger the full game. The Shar episode did not happen at all and killing them for 4 mio xp is not what happens in the real game. etc. Without the respective triggers, most enemies will not even attack you, or they just use their melee weapons, and so on. Many opponents do not even appear as some areas just fill with creatures at certain stages of the plot and just hold some minor staffing when you just jump in.

PS the *final battle* is not the final battle (it is the battle in the area with the highest designator), the final battle in RtF is in one of the old BG1 areas.

For ToT, there are only few new areas, the most part of the game and its encounters takes place all over the already explored game terrain (e.g. battle against Bhaal is at SoD Boareskyre Bridge etc). You seel little of it by console jumping.

Playing the mod regularly instead of jumping through areas gives you a far less powerful party than you had at ToB end. You do not take the high level companions and equioment with you when you transit from ToB to RtF.

And finally, Sandrah is a story/contents mod, not a tactical mod. Thus just checking some battles by console command will in deed give you the impression you had.

I do not consider any of this as a bug. But thank you for testing all the areas thoroghly, it confirms that the install works correctly.

Edited by Roxanne, 19 December 2016 - 10:40 PM.

The Sandrah Saga