Photo

Sandrah Saga for EET (Bug and Support Forum)

EET Mega Mod

• Please log in to reply
1095 replies to this topic

#1061 Roxanne

Roxanne

Modder

• 3564 posts

Posted 25 April 2018 - 01:11 PM

Ignore this post, sorry.

Could you post the WeiDU-BGEE.log and the WeiDU.log that are in your BG2EE directory as attachments?

Just use the *More Reply Options* button you see at the bottom of the window when you type your post.

The Sandrah Saga

another piece of *buggy, cheesy, unbalanced junk*

#1062 jbwheels

jbwheels
  • 14 posts

Posted 25 April 2018 - 01:18 PM

Could you post the WeiDU-BGEE.log and the WeiDU.log that are in your BG2EE directory as attachments?

Just use the *More Reply Options* button you see at the bottom of the window when you type your post.

Here you go. Thanks again.

Attached Files

#1063 Roxanne

Roxanne

Modder

• 3564 posts

Posted 25 April 2018 - 01:38 PM

Here you go. Thanks again.

These things look fine, according to those logs you did a successful EET install including Sandrah. (The log errors you posted earlier are meaningless and can be ignored, they do not impact the game,)

Your strange startup behavior must have other sources.

• How many instances of the game did you install?
  • Did you start up the games you have used for the EET installation before use?
  • When you open the file engine.lua in the BG2EE directory with a text editor, do you see such a line
    engine_name = "Baldur's Gate - Enhanced Edition Trilogy"

Is there a folder of the name in your user/myuserid/documents?

• Same as above but for BGEE and

engine_name = "Baldur's Gate - Enhanced Edition"

• Do you use baldur.exe from BG2EE directory to start, not some client or whatnot?

I cannot see a mod or BWS problem with the weird effects you describe, This looks like some configuration issue on your PC.

The Sandrah Saga

#1064 jbwheels

jbwheels
  • 14 posts

Posted 25 April 2018 - 02:21 PM

How many instances of the game did you install?

I just installed BG1 and BG2EE once each. I wipe all the BG files off the drive before installing too.

Did you start up the games you have used for the EET installation before use?

I started each game beforehand and saved.

When you open the file engine.lua in the BG2EE directory with a text editor, do you see such a line

The engine_name is correct for each.

Is there a folder of the name in your user/myuserid/documents?

There are folders for the different games in my Documents directory.

Do you use baldur.exe from BG2EE directory to start, not some client or whatnot?

I go straight to the game .exe in Explorer and double-click. This is bizarre. The new BG2EE installation is on D:. I unzipped an installation I had archived on C: (still to C:). So now I have a new, buggy installation on D: and an older, working version on C:. Copy working Baldur.exe to D: and overwrite existing file. The once-working BG2EE.exe now loads BG1. Copy the file back to the old installation on C:-- now it loads BG2 again. Weird. It doesn't solve my problem though...

Edit: Sorry, that post was incomprehensible.

Edited by jbwheels, 25 April 2018 - 03:46 PM.

#1065 jbwheels

jbwheels
  • 14 posts

Posted 25 April 2018 - 03:56 PM

So I wondered, did everything go ok on the installation other than the nutty BG2->BG1 deal? I copied weidu.exe, weidu.conf, and all the directories from my new installation on top of my older, working version. Load up the program -- at first it comes up ToB. So I switch it to SoA and exit. The next time I run the program? Just like the C: installation -- now it's loading BG1.

#1066 zonx

zonx
  • 93 posts

Posted 25 April 2018 - 06:45 PM

I've finally gotten around to playing a large EET install and I'm up to TOB. I might push through or maybe do a reinstall in a few weeks. 

Anyway here's some notes (with screenshots as applicable) I noticed along the way. These aren't all really bugs. I should note I didn't really do every quest or mod, just a mostly random selection of them. Some of these could totally be user error on my part.

Spoiler

#1067 subtledoctor

subtledoctor
  • Modder
  • 656 posts

Posted 25 April 2018 - 07:42 PM

1) Wilson aka GRIZZLY_BEAR is not the only kitlist.2da entry with no column 9, the last one without such prior to Sandrah is *Sword Dancer of Eilestrae ESxKit.

Yeah... I mean I don't even think it is (necessarily) the Wilson kit. Because the function runs perfectly well when adding a bunch of multiclass kits on a bare EET install, and the Wilson kit with its missing entry is there. Maybe it is something like, most kits are fine without a 9th-column entry, but if there is a multiclass kit without that entry then the code chokes.  Because it is specifically multiclass kits that must use that variable and create .EFF files from all of their kit abilities.

Maybe.  It's very hard to say.  All I really know is, looking at how that variable gets defined, it needs the kit name and kit IDS reference... and both of those things are easily found in the .IDS file, no need to worry about column counts or missing entries or whatever else.  So using KIT.IDS just seems like a more direct and more foolproof way to get the information.

Just to confirm - the change to be made in my mod is to provide the modified qd_multiclass.tpa in the /lib folder, right?

Yup.

#1068 Roxanne

Roxanne

Modder

• 3564 posts

Posted 25 April 2018 - 11:08 PM

So I wondered, did everything go ok on the installation other than the nutty BG2->BG1 deal? I copied weidu.exe, weidu.conf, and all the directories from my new installation on top of my older, working version. Load up the program -- at first it comes up ToB. So I switch it to SoA and exit. The next time I run the program? Just like the C: installation -- now it's loading BG1.

From what I understand - you have a correct EET installation, the one that contains your logs you posted. You got remnants old old games that you clutter with that new one and -  as expected - you get crap. You can have multiple game installation but you need to configure them correctly if you want to use them independently. You cannot mix them like you did.

You can do this - delete (or move to a save place outside of documents) all the folders in mydocuments that refer to Baldurs Gate - ALL.

Go to the BG2EE you have on D: verify that in engine.lua you have this

and start baldur.exe directly out of this D:.../BG2EE directory. Select a campaign and create a player. Check in the mydocuments that a new folder named "Baldur's Gate - Enhanced Edition Trilogy" is created.

This should solve it. You may afterwards need to open the Baldur.lua in the newly created folder if you want to activate the console and cheats for the new game, not sure about that.

Edited by Roxanne, 25 April 2018 - 11:10 PM.

The Sandrah Saga

#1069 Roxanne

Roxanne

Modder

• 3564 posts

Posted 25 April 2018 - 11:29 PM

I've finally gotten around to playing a large EET install and I'm up to TOB. I might push through or maybe do a reinstall in a few weeks. 

Anyway here's some notes (with screenshots as applicable) I noticed along the way. These aren't all really bugs. I should note I didn't really do every quest or mod, just a mostly random selection of them. Some of these could totally be user error on my part.

Spoiler

Thank you for those details. I will take a look at each of them.

Some initial comments:

- One or two are just bad timing co-incidences (soultaker vs stronghold).

- Haer'dalis and Viconia in prison is two independent mods, Viconia/drow sister is my contents, Haer'dalis is not

- Some extra abilities are actually intended to be used like you do. Keep your hands off them if you are interested in more tactical play or use them if you want to advance the story rather than to fight endless battalions of enemies. I made them for seasoned players who sometimes get bored by repetitive encounters but sdo not want to use CTRL+Y. You may have noticed that you do not get xp gains for the enemies killed by those summons and sometimes they turn against you, so there is a trade-off.

- The Drizzt issue is a Drizzt issue. The guy has nothing to say to you in force-talk and if you use it, it triggers the only dialogue he has for this case, which is the leaving line. This is very old mod and code. Not related to Sandrah.

Hint for Haiass (and Pelligram or other of those companions): when you go into narrow dungeons, click on that party latern in the lower right hand corner of the screen. It turns them from light green circles to real green and they move out of the way like all other party members, that part of the AI is activated now.

For the other things I need to look a bit deeper.

Edited by Roxanne, 25 April 2018 - 11:30 PM.

The Sandrah Saga

#1070 Roxanne

Roxanne

Modder

• 3564 posts

Posted 26 April 2018 - 12:36 AM

Spoiler

Some other things

The item issues from slippers-crash and san return seem to be from mods that change item behavior, but since I have stopped to use item revision in my EE games now, I cannot say for sure. It is nothing I have seen myself.

Similar for the strange lines in shauhana 2. those texts often appear from altered spells added by some AI mod where the string reference in some subfield has not been emptied or altered. That results in some random dialogue line to appear in game if some spell is cast.

shauhana1 - seems like Sandrah's dialogue after the crash landing did not trigger. Once your party comes back to their senses she is supposed to have a dialogue about the events. Your global(locals) setting to 4 skipped this dialogue. It may have been some circumstances that hindered Sandrah to reach the PC for the talk when all regained their senses after the crash.

Bodhi

I do not fully understand what you think went wrong? I know the scene you refer to but not sure what problem you had. Did Bodhi fail to abduct your loved one (whoever that was, Imoen?). She is not supposed to take Sandrah, regardless of your romancing her or not.

Do you have Imoen Romance mod installed? I had some issues with mod compatibility with that mod long ago due to the way IR appends to some events taking into account only vanilla NPCs but not mod NPCs. I thought that was sorted out by now, but maybe here is another example - just guessing now, just because you mentioned Imoen in the context.

Edited by Roxanne, 26 April 2018 - 12:43 AM.

The Sandrah Saga

#1071 Roxanne

Roxanne

Modder

• 3564 posts

Posted 26 April 2018 - 01:52 AM

Spoiler

I missed one

Shauhana 3. the ambush

Maybe you still remember? When you first come to the orc village outskirts, Shauhana may have warned you about daytime vs nighttime protections. Maybe you heeded her warning and went by night avoiding the much fiercer daytime crowd. On your return after you free her from prison, was it daytime? You might have run into the combined day forces plus Vennegrat's ambush reinforcements and thus had an extra hard time.

The Sandrah Saga

#1072 Roxanne

Roxanne

Modder

• 3564 posts

Posted 26 April 2018 - 07:47 AM

ust to confirm - the change to be made in my mod is to provide the modified qd_multiclass.tpa in the /lib folder, right?

Yup.

The mod is now updated with the revised qd_multiclass.tpa.

Hopefully another never ending journey comes to an end this way.

The Sandrah Saga

#1073 jbwheels

jbwheels
  • 14 posts

Posted 26 April 2018 - 10:05 AM

From what I understand - you have a correct EET installation, the one that contains your logs you posted. You got remnants old old games that you clutter with that new one and -  as expected - you get crap. You can have multiple game installation but you need to configure them correctly if you want to use them independently. You cannot mix them like you did.

Sorry, I know it's confusing -- no, I never have multiple installations. The second BG2 installation I mentioned was simply a file archive (a backup, really) of an old, working copy. I extracted it just to get files from a working installation, and when I did, I tested it to make sure it worked. If I install a game, I uninstall it first, and I never have multiple copies when I install.

You can do this - delete (or move to a save place outside of documents) all the folders in mydocuments that refer to Baldurs Gate - ALL.
Go to the BG2EE you have on D: verify that in engine.lua you have this
and start baldur.exe directly out of this D:.../BG2EE directory. Select a campaign and create a player. Check in the mydocuments that a new folder named "Baldur's Gate - Enhanced Edition Trilogy" is created.

This should solve it. You may afterwards need to open the Baldur.lua in the newly created folder if you want to activate the console and cheats for the new game, not sure about that.

Yeah :( Check, Check. Check. Check. I do each of these before I run BWS to make sure I have a clean system. BWS has fouled up my system somehow. I went through the process again (a couple times) with just a minimal config on BWS. Initially BG2EE works fine. After running BWS, the BG2EE game brings up BG1.

I know what to do now. It's just going to be a pain in the ass. I have to do a manual installation. And I have to be sure I get everything right. I don't see how that could corrupt a working installation.

Edit: I just found BWS-EE. I'm going to try that.

Edited by jbwheels, 26 April 2018 - 10:38 AM.

#1074 Roxanne

Roxanne

Modder

• 3564 posts

Posted 26 April 2018 - 11:23 AM

[spoiler]

After naronguth tried on the entangled slippers, trying to pick them up in sandrah's inventory result in a game crash. Unfortunately this was not 100% repeatable (I didn't test this fully, but I did get it to crash three times). Possibly related, the slippers when unidentified are named "copy of naroguths slippers." I do use item/ spell revisions but not sure if related.

I managed to recreate something with the entangled slippers. Not exactly what you reported but maybe related.:

If you want to equip an NPC (any, not just Sandrah) with the boots while this creature already wears boots, so that the game needs to move the already equipped ones out of the boot slot before equipping the new ones, the game ocassionally crashes when the unequipped boots are not yet in an empty slot AND the entangle animation already sets in. It never happens if you first unequip the existing boots before putting on the entangled ones. My guess is that switching the creature animation with entanglement while operating on the inventory is some game engine issue - inventory management in EE is far less robust then it was in classic games, due to the many new features introduced.

Anyway, those slippers are mainly a plot item for the Naroguth quest and not something you would use in game other than to try them out. The *Copy of Naronguh's Slipper* on the unidentified item is correct, it is what they are when Elminster gives them to you.

Kicking out Sandrah and rejoining her while she wears Boots of Speed (Boot10.itm) creates no problems in my game. Did you have other boots maybe? I think there are also some in SoD.

The Sandrah Saga

#1075 zonx

zonx
  • 93 posts

Posted 27 April 2018 - 04:00 AM

- Haer'dalis and Viconia in prison is two independent mods, Viconia/drow sister is my contents, Haer'dalis is not

That explains why they basically overwrote each other (i think i saved hae and he went to prison and then disappeared completely once vic also went into the same cell, i had to cheat a bit (ctrl j) to talk to her+proceed the quest cause the cell door was locked, i assumed that was hae related so was ok). e.g., I was too lazy to save him before vic also went to prison.

The drow fight was quite hard with all that drow plate (since I didn't do heaps of content but had 50% xp reduction, and this happened early bg2...). 

shauhana1 - seems like Sandrah's dialogue after the crash landing did not trigger. Once your party comes back to their senses she is supposed to have a dialogue about the events. Your global(locals) setting to 4 skipped this dialogue. It may have been some circumstances that hindered Sandrah to reach the PC for the talk when all regained their senses after the crash.

not sure what happened to cause sandrah to get bugged out trying to talk to me, the quest seemed to proceed OK. I recall her talking to me after waking up, but it was a few weeks ago. Sorry I can't be more helpful here.

Bodhi

I do not fully understand what you think went wrong? I know the scene you refer to but not sure what problem you had. Did Bodhi fail to abduct your loved one (whoever that was, Imoen?). She is not supposed to take Sandrah, regardless of your romancing her or not.

From memory when you enter the graveyard district (for the big fight), it's forced into nighttime and bodhi confronts you immediately (maybe this is just SCS or something though). Well instead of that happening, Sandrah had that scene and then it was day time and I could enter the crypts, but they were empty with bodhi nowhere to be found (I think leaving the graveyard and returning again fixed it). Yes I didn't have anyone abducted because Chloe was the target but she refuses to be abducted. Maybe that's related? I do have imoen romance installed.

I managed to recreate something with the entangled slippers. Not exactly what you reported but maybe related.:

This seems quite reasonable, I was not able to recreate the crash 100%. That seems to be related to what you are saying. 

All good though, had a lot of fun along the way.

Edited by zonx, 27 April 2018 - 04:01 AM.

#1076 Roxanne

Roxanne

Modder

• 3564 posts

Posted 27 April 2018 - 04:28 AM

That explains why they basically overwrote each other (i think i saved hae and he went to prison and then disappeared completely once vic also went into the same cell, i had to cheat a bit (ctrl j) to talk to her+proceed the quest cause the cell door was locked, i assumed that was hae related so was ok). e.g., I was too lazy to save him before vic also went to prison.

The drow fight was quite hard with all that drow plate (since I didn't do heaps of content but had 50% xp reduction, and this happened early bg2...). 

not sure what happened to cause sandrah to get bugged out trying to talk to me, the quest seemed to proceed OK. I recall her talking to me after waking up, but it was a few weeks ago. Sorry I can't be more helpful here.

Bodhi

From memory when you enter the graveyard district (for the big fight), it's forced into nighttime and bodhi confronts you immediately (maybe this is just SCS or something though). Well instead of that happening, Sandrah had that scene and then it was day time and I could enter the crypts, but they were empty with bodhi nowhere to be found (I think leaving the graveyard and returning again fixed it). Yes I didn't have anyone abducted because Chloe was the target but she refuses to be abducted. Maybe that's related? I do have imoen romance installed.

This seems quite reasonable, I was not able to recreate the crash 100%. That seems to be related to what you are saying. 

All good though, had a lot of fun along the way.

I have a suspicion about the Bodhi thing. Did you use BWS for install?

I think it is a matter of install sequence of the mods. We need to install Imoen far earlier because of the way she adds to some scenes. She must tweak the dialogues e.g. Bodhi before any other mod does. Currently Chloe is prior Imoen, so even if you did not have the romance active it might have caused the glitch. Revisiting. i.e. having the scene a second time fixes it, because some globals have changed and can be correctly evaluated.

Sandrah had nothing to do with it, her independent scene worked as intended, the mess came afterwards in the Bodhi abduction dialogue - in which Sandrah does not participate.

You could test that by running the same scene without Sandrah but I guess it may be too late by now.

Anyway, even if the issue is not from Sandrah, I will take action to look at the BWS side of it and the install order there.

Viconia Haer'dalis

I have no real idea how such overlap can be solved. There are many when's and if's and depending on when you recruited whom etc. In addition, the prison is used by various other mods and quests (Amber, Thief Stronghold, Balthis murder etc). Hard to do anything to prevent completely independent story lines to sometimes intercept.

Edited by Roxanne, 27 April 2018 - 04:29 AM.

The Sandrah Saga

#1077 Icezera

Icezera
  • 6 posts

Posted 03 May 2018 - 02:13 PM

Hi Roxanne, loving your mod so far. Can you tell me what Mystra's Vapour does?

#1078 Ranadiel

Ranadiel
  • 174 posts

Posted 07 May 2018 - 01:49 PM

So I was digging through Sandrah's files to see if there were any party dialogues that I was missing due to some unusual trigger conditions, and I came across one trigger in CVSandra.baf that looks bugged. Specifically for Dynaheir's DYBant=19 talk, the triggering variables include GlobalGT("Dylovetalk","GLOBAL",50). I think that variable is supposed to be X#DYLOVETALK. At least I'm not seeing anything in either Sandrah or the Dynaheir romance mod files that would set a separate Dylovetalk variable and the X#DYLOVETALK variable is used in some of Dynaheir's other Sandrah conversations. So I'm pretty sure this is a bug...unless you were intentionally dummying the conversation and following ones out. 

#1079 -Roxanne-

-Roxanne-

Posted 08 May 2018 - 10:03 AM

So I was digging through Sandrah's files to see if there were any party dialogues that I was missing due to some unusual trigger conditions, and I came across one trigger in CVSandra.baf that looks bugged. Specifically for Dynaheir's DYBant=19 talk, the triggering variables include GlobalGT("Dylovetalk","GLOBAL",50). I think that variable is supposed to be X#DYLOVETALK. At least I'm not seeing anything in either Sandrah or the Dynaheir romance mod files that would set a separate Dylovetalk variable and the X#DYLOVETALK variable is used in some of Dynaheir's other Sandrah conversations. So I'm pretty sure this is a bug...unless you were intentionally dummying the conversation and following ones out. 

Thank you, the issue is fixed, see https://baldursexten...ld.com/Support/

If you are already playing a game with both NPCs, then

C:SetGlobal("Dylovetalk","GLOBAL",51)

at any time in the game should work without affecting anything else.

#1080 jastey

jastey
  • Administrator
  • 3218 posts

Posted 10 May 2018 - 12:30 AM

Hi Roxanne,
is the incompatibility between the new bgqe component "Brage's Sword" and Sandrah Saga still valid? (I'm on bgqe's depencies for BWS.)