#41 Lightbringer23

Lightbringer23
  • 21 posts

Posted 24 December 2016 - 12:47 PM

Makes sense.  Thanks Roxanne :)

#42 -predalien-

-predalien-

Posted 26 December 2016 - 01:39 AM

Hello i played to BGT 1.05 in 2008. Now that BG EET is available, i would like to do a "extended baldur gate" game with

sandrah saga mod and his complement mod.

I would like to know how to install these mod on baldur gate EET. Is there incompatibilites ?

Some of these mod are not in the BGEE2 part of the last version of BWS.

-Check the body
-secret of bone hills
-the vault
-reign of terror
-shadow oversoubar
-tortured soul
-Expanded Thief Stronghold
-Arena
-planar sphere
-And the multiples NPC non EET who were crossmoded ?

Could you help me ?

#43 Roxanne

Roxanne

Modder

• 3564 posts

Posted 26 December 2016 - 01:49 AM

Hello i played to BGT 1.05 in 2008. Now that BG EET is available, i would like to do a "extended baldur gate" game with

sandrah saga mod and his complement mod.

I would like to know how to install these mod on baldur gate EET. Is there incompatibilites ?

Some of these mod are not in the BGEE2 part of the last version of BWS.

-Check the body
-secret of bone hills
-the vault
-reign of terror
-shadow oversoubar
-tortured soul
-Arena
-planar sphere
-And the multiples NPC non EET who were crossmoded ?

Could you help me ?

Some of the mods are currently under construction for EET by several modders but not yet available. The number of mods compatible with EET is daily growing but not yet finished.

The Sandrah mod is fully playable with all the mods that are already in EET, the install will detect them and also skip the ones not yet compatible. Sandrah currently in EET will have slightly less options than she had in BGT (until more mods are converted) but on the other side has added much more contents on her own, especially in the parts after ToB.

There is still a lot to explore with the current set of mods available for EET (SoD is completely new and also the additional vanilla NPCs).

PS - BWS is kept up-to-date with any new mods that become available for EET, so if you use the latest BWS you should get the most complete install currently possible.

Edited by Roxanne, 26 December 2016 - 01:55 AM.

The Sandrah Saga

another piece of *buggy, cheesy, unbalanced junk*

#44 agb1

agb1
  • 1623 posts

Posted 26 December 2016 - 09:48 AM

predalien - none of the mods you listed are compatible with EET yet:

-Check the body
-secret of bone hills
-the vault
-reign of terror
-shadow oversoubar
-tortured soul
-Arena
-planar sphere

Ikki is working on compatibility patches for some of them..

BiG World Fixpack (community collection of mod fixes and compatibility patches, with user-friendly cross-platform script)

BiG World Setup (tool to automate best-practice installation of Infinity Engine mods on Windows, with conflict analysis)

Latest version:    https://bitbucket.or.../get/master.zip

#45 -Blandings-

-Blandings-

Posted 14 January 2017 - 02:54 PM

Hi - Started playing this mod and it definitely adds a LOT of new content. Enjoying it so far. I encountered two bugs so far:

1) When I reached Naskell, during the Noober conversation, Sandrah interjects with some lines about Noober's brother in Waterdeep. The game crashes everytime she mentions "there is a river right here"

2) On my way to the gnoll stronghold, i cleared the xvart village. Sandrah was not happy about all the killing and asked me to go back to the cave to explore further. Something in her script seems to have been messed up and she stops walking every few steps. Doesn't matter if I do a select all or just select her. She wont walk to the selected destination when I try to move her. She walks a short distance and always stops. I can keep moving her over and over again to get her to the place I want.

I went around the first problem with Noober. Any help with the second issue will be appreciated. Thanks! 

#46 -Blandings-

-Blandings-

Posted 14 January 2017 - 03:19 PM

2) On my way to the gnoll stronghold, i cleared the xvart village. Sandrah was not happy about all the killing and asked me to go back to the cave to explore further. Something in her script seems to have been messed up and she stops walking every few steps. Doesn't matter if I do a select all or just select her. She wont walk to the selected destination when I try to move her. She walks a short distance and always stops. I can keep moving her over and over again to get her to the place I want.

Update - this problem seems to have sorted itself out after clearing clearing the cave and solving the xvart village quest.

#47 Roxanne

Roxanne

Modder

• 3564 posts

Posted 14 January 2017 - 03:25 PM

Hi - Started playing this mod and it definitely adds a LOT of new content. Enjoying it so far. I encountered two bugs so far:

1) When I reached Naskell, during the Noober conversation, Sandrah interjects with some lines about Noober's brother in Waterdeep. The game crashes everytime she mentions "there is a river right here"

This crash is NOT caused by Sandrah but by an interject from another mod that comes after it

See this http://www.shsforums...e-4#entry591811

I went around the first problem with Noober. Any help with the second issue will be appreciated. Thanks! 

Please check if

Global("SanXvarVil","GLOBAL",5)

The Sandrah Saga

#48 -Blandings-

-Blandings-

Posted 14 January 2017 - 06:07 PM

Please check if Global("SanXvarVil","GLOBAL",5)

Thanks for quick response. The problem seems to have sorted itself out. I cleared the new area within the cave and Sandrah also had a number of talks with Imoen during the process. Sandrah is back to normal. The global value is at 6 right now with her moving normally.

#49 Blash2

Blash2
  • 130 posts

Posted 25 January 2017 - 03:37 AM

I'm planning to do an EET no-reload run; I read not to install the EET Tweaks component that prevents CHARNAME from dying, that is essential to me. Is it possible to install at least part of Sandrah's Saga along with it? I wouldn't want to renounce having it :(

#50 Roxanne

Roxanne

Modder

• 3564 posts

Posted 25 January 2017 - 03:45 AM

I'm planning to do an EET no-reload run; I read not to install the EET Tweaks component that prevents CHARNAME from dying, that is essential to me. Is it possible to install at least part of Sandrah's Saga along with it? I wouldn't want to renounce having it :(

You can install all of Sandrah with that component and it will work during the original game. If you continue the game after ToB, a parameter is set automatically that should disables the tweak. The reason is that in RtF and ToT it is part of the challenge to keep more than just the PC alive.

At least this was the case after discussion with K4thos for the original EET Tweaks component and it should still work unless that mod has been changed. (I have not tested it again as I understood that EET Tweaks is outdated for current EET?).

Please look at this topic

http://gibberlings3....819#entry241574

Edited by Roxanne, 25 January 2017 - 04:22 AM.

The Sandrah Saga

#51 -Blash2-

-Blash2-

Posted 25 January 2017 - 09:19 AM

Using BWS can I install only the NPC part, and not RtF and ToT (are components selectable?)? Disabling the tweak for me is out of question :P

#52 Roxanne

Roxanne

Modder

• 3564 posts

Posted 25 January 2017 - 09:26 AM

Using BWS can I install only the NPC part, and not RtF and ToT (are components selectable?)? Disabling the tweak for me is out of question :P

You can. Question is why you would want. There is enough other cannon fodder in the game, why worry about something like Sandrah?

All contents in RtF and ToT is contents provided by my mod, just having the PC alive while other crucial NPCs are dead will not make any sense at all. You just walk around empty maps.

Edited by Roxanne, 25 January 2017 - 09:30 AM.

The Sandrah Saga

#53 -Blash2-

-Blash2-

Posted 25 January 2017 - 09:35 AM

Because, while I can resuscitate any other party member (my CHARNAME is a Paladin), I would never want to risk seeing the "Game Over" screen, that's all :)

#54 Roxanne

Roxanne

Modder

• 3564 posts

Posted 25 January 2017 - 10:00 AM

Because, while I can resuscitate any other party member (my CHARNAME is a Paladin), I would never want to risk seeing the "Game Over" screen, that's all :)

I understand this - and that is why this gameplay is fine for the original game campaigns. The issue about the later parts of my mod is that CHARNAME the paladin ends with the final decision at the ToB end. The game offers you two choices at this point.

One of them currently leads into some movie and some end bio screens that tell what became of you and your companions. This option is still waiting for some ambitious author and modder to pick up and maybe provide you with a game to continue.

Sandrah RtF covers the other option and finally leads to ToT.

And maybe some day someone comes up with a third option that leads to something else.

Edited by Roxanne, 25 January 2017 - 10:02 AM.

The Sandrah Saga

#55 -Blash2-

-Blash2-

Posted 25 January 2017 - 10:09 AM

I'm particularly interested in RtF, would you consider the possibility of NOT disabling the "protagonist can die" tweak, allowing to play with it? As for ToT, I'm not particularly interested because I would like to play on a linear time line, possibly with the same party.

#56 Roxanne

Roxanne

Modder

• 3564 posts

Posted 25 January 2017 - 10:17 AM

I'm particularly interested in RtF, would you consider the possibility of NOT disabling the "protagonist can die" tweak, allowing to play with it? As for ToT, I'm not particularly interested because I would like to play on a linear time line, possibly with the same party.

Spoiler

The Sandrah Saga

#57 Blash2

Blash2
  • 130 posts

Posted 25 January 2017 - 11:10 AM

But it is about CHARNAME and Sandrah doing some sort of quest, right? Sorry but it seems I have little idea about all this.

And, moreover, I read in the hints about Northern Tales, but.. has it been updated? Is it compatible with EET?

#58 Roxanne

Roxanne

Modder

• 3564 posts

Posted 25 January 2017 - 12:07 PM

But it is about CHARNAME and Sandrah doing some sort of quest, right? Sorry but it seems I have little idea about all this.

And, moreover, I read in the hints about Northern Tales, but.. has it been updated? Is it compatible with EET?

Spoiler

There is a Northern Tales interim version compatible with EET (which I made since Sandrah needs those areas and one of the plots). It is playable but not up to the standard of a full mod. It is a *light* version omitting all the spell/item/tweaks stuff of the original.

A *full* version is being worked on by K4thos (the maker of EET) and I will remove the interim as soon as that one is released.

The Sandrah Saga

#59 Blash2

Blash2
  • 130 posts

Posted 25 January 2017 - 01:46 PM

Thanks for the explanation ;)

As for Northern Tales, I think it is better this way for me, I prefer only PnP consistent content, and if I remember correctly Dark Side, for example, introduced some totally invented spells. 

I take advantage of your kindness once again for another advice. Do you think that having a fixed party of six - I'm thinking about CHARNAME, Sandrah, Gavin or Branwen, Coran, Imoen and Xan (this last one since it is the only pure mage that I can carry over from BG1 to ToB.. Neera is too dangerous for a no-reload game) - would make me miss much NPC related content and it is better to keep a free slot for this or that NPC? I know that many mods need an NPC to be recruited to be fully enjoyed.

#60 Roxanne

Roxanne

Modder

• 3564 posts

Posted 25 January 2017 - 02:10 PM

Thanks for the explanation ;)

As for Northern Tales, I think it is better this way for me, I prefer only PnP consistent content, and if I remember correctly Dark Side, for example, introduced some totally invented spells. 

I take advantage of your kindness once again for another advice. Do you think that having a fixed party of six - I'm thinking about CHARNAME, Sandrah, Gavin or Branwen, Coran, Imoen and Xan (this last one since it is the only pure mage that I can carry over from BG1 to ToB.. Neera is too dangerous for a no-reload game) - would make me miss much NPC related content and it is better to keep a free slot for this or that NPC? I know that many mods need an NPC to be recruited to be fully enjoyed.

If you have Sandrah installed and in party, it may be best to have someone like Branwen or Gavin - not really a free slot but someone whom you can make wait at an inn or such if needed, e.g you need a slot for Jet'Laya at the start of DSotSC episodes or for Drizzt to get his contents. (Also in BG2 part a slot for Shauhana, if you still have Sandrah by that time.)

The Sandrah Saga