Photo

I am looking for a solution due to a bug in Watcer's Keep.

• Please log in to reply
28 replies to this topic

#1 ojbllny

ojbllny
  • 40 posts

Posted 30 November 2016 - 05:19 PM

Hello.
I ask questions again because the questions I had before were not logical.
I found a bug while playing BGT1.18 and asked to contact me here.
I started BGT and moved to <Watcer's Keep (AR 3000)>, then saved and loaded.
Then the message "Vigil Knight's Ghost gave me the scroll" will update the game's journals and cause a bug where I will gain experience.
I have just arrived at Watcer's Keep and did not do any quests.
I go to Watcer's Keep with the characters I created in BGT-BG1, save and load, and the same symptoms happen.
I'd appreciate it if you could tell me how to fix this.
Attach my WEIDU.LOG file.
Please answer.

Attached Files

Edited by ojbllny, 30 November 2016 - 06:01 PM.

#2 agb1

agb1
  • 1623 posts

Posted 30 November 2016 - 05:26 PM

I understand the problem you are describing.  I will check the game scripts and see if I can find which one is causing this.

Edit:   I see a script block in AR3000.BCS that gives experience and the message you described, but I created a test character and went to Watcher's Keep (AR3000), saved and loaded and I did not see the same problem.  The problem happens for you with a new game; therefore it must be caused by a mod that you have installed.

Your WeiDU.log file is not attached to your post.  Can you upload it?

Can you also search for any copies of the file AR3000.BCS in your game folder, in the override or in the backup folder of any of the mods you installed?  We are looking for a mod that changes this script.

Edited by agb1, 30 November 2016 - 05:47 PM.

BiG World Fixpack (community collection of mod fixes and compatibility patches, with user-friendly cross-platform script)

BiG World Setup (tool to automate best-practice installation of Infinity Engine mods on Windows, with conflict analysis)

Latest version:    https://bitbucket.or.../get/master.zip

#3 ojbllny

ojbllny
  • 40 posts

Posted 30 November 2016 - 06:05 PM

Hello.
I just uploaded my WEIDU.LOG.
I am sorry I forgot to upload the material.
Can you reply to my WEIDU.LOG once again?
please answer about my question.

#4 agb1

agb1
  • 1623 posts

Posted 30 November 2016 - 06:10 PM

Can you also upload the saved game that you made at Watcher's Keep?

Edited by agb1, 30 November 2016 - 06:18 PM.

BiG World Fixpack (community collection of mod fixes and compatibility patches, with user-friendly cross-platform script)

BiG World Setup (tool to automate best-practice installation of Infinity Engine mods on Windows, with conflict analysis)

#5 agb1

agb1
  • 1623 posts

Posted 30 November 2016 - 06:17 PM

Can you follow the instructions here to make a WeiDU --change-log of "AR3000.BCS"?

If it is easier, just check in your override folder for a copy of "AR3000.BCS" and upload that.  If it is not there, look for it inside the generalized_biffing folder.

Also, I have attached here a copy of AR3000.BCS that you can put into your override folder to test.  If the problem still happens, then we will know that it is caused by something else.

Attached Files

Edited by agb1, 30 November 2016 - 06:22 PM.

#6 Roxanne

Roxanne

Modder

• 3564 posts

Posted 30 November 2016 - 10:41 PM

Can you follow the instructions here to make a WeiDU --change-log of "AR3000.BCS"?

If it is easier, just check in your override folder for a copy of "AR3000.BCS" and upload that.  If it is not there, look for it inside the generalized_biffing folder.

Also, I have attached here a copy of AR3000.BCS that you can put into your override folder to test.  If the problem still happens, then we will know that it is caused by something else.

Long ago (when still playing BGT) I ran into this problem and coded a solution that solved it.

You may try it but I did not use it for a long time and do not know if it is still valid.

Put this on the top of ar3000.bcs (you need to go back to a save before you first visited the area to have it effective).

Spoiler

Edited by Roxanne, 30 November 2016 - 10:43 PM.

The Sandrah Saga

another piece of *buggy, cheesy, unbalanced junk*

#7 ojbllny

ojbllny
  • 40 posts

Posted 01 December 2016 - 03:06 AM

Hello.
I am sorry to see your reply late.
The issue is resolved by placing the AR3000.BCS file you uploaded in the override folder and running the game.
Thank you for your kindness.
I hope you have a good day.

#8 ojbllny

ojbllny
  • 40 posts

Posted 01 December 2016 - 03:07 AM

Hello.
I am sorry to see your reply late.
The issue is resolved by placing the AR3000.BCS file you uploaded in the override folder and running the game.
Thank you for your kindness.

#9 Roxanne

Roxanne

Modder

• 3564 posts

Posted 01 December 2016 - 03:20 AM

@agb1

Looks like your solution has worked this time.

I just recalled the older bug for which I made the (extended solution):

This

IF
    SpellCastInnate([ANYONE],HELM_RITUAL_SCROLL) // SPIN592.SPL (No such index)
    Global("HelmRitualDone","GLOBAL",0)

THEN.....

which sets the whole Quest is solved machinery into motion would fire in old BGT on unexpected occasions. It appeared that SpellCastInnate([ANYONE] would be sufficient to make the trigger true without need for SPIN592. But that was long ago - and like I said, may not be applicable anymore.

The Sandrah Saga

#10 agb1

agb1
  • 1623 posts

Posted 01 December 2016 - 07:16 AM

I suspected something like that but the AR3000.BCS script contains that same trigger block and it worked, so I'm really curious to know what was in ojbllny's original AR3000.BCS.

ojbllny -- I am glad the problem is solved for you.  Please upload the AR3000.BCS file from your generalized_biffing folder (it will be in one of the prod sub-folders) so we can continue to investigate this and create a patch for everyone.

#11 ojbllny

ojbllny
  • 40 posts

Posted 01 December 2016 - 06:30 PM

I suspected something like that but the AR3000.BCS script contains that same trigger block and it worked, so I'm really curious to know what was in ojbllny's original AR3000.BCS.

ojbllny -- I am glad the problem is solved for you.  Please upload the AR3000.BCS file from your generalized_biffing folder (it will be in one of the prod sub-folders) so we can continue to investigate this and create a patch for everyone.

Hello.
A few days ago I used the AR3000.BCS file you uploaded and I thought the bug was fixed.
But one problem was found.
I have used the AR3000.BCS you uploaded and found that the <Red Badge, Poison-Based Encounter> entry in BP mode does not work.
I will upload my original AR3000.BCS file and my WEIDU.LOG to my topic.
I am so sorry to bug you because I found a bug late.
Please answer.

Attached Files

#12 agb1

agb1
  • 1623 posts

Posted 01 December 2016 - 07:11 PM

Please try the attached file.  I recompiled your version of the script, which includes "The Ritual" and "Red Badge" from BP.

In your script, the "Knights of the Vigil gave me a scroll from Helm" is triggered by this:

SpellCastInnateRES("SPIN592",[ANYONE])

I changed that line to this (from the original script):

SpellCastInnate([ANYONE],HELM_RITUAL_SCROLL)

Please tell me if it works for you.

Attached Files

#13 Roxanne

Roxanne

Modder

• 3564 posts

Posted 02 December 2016 - 12:52 AM

Please try the attached file.  I recompiled your version of the script, which includes "The Ritual" and "Red Badge" from BP.

In your script, the "Knights of the Vigil gave me a scroll from Helm" is triggered by this:

You have restored my memory now

The patch I made (http://www.shsforums...ep/#entry591449) was aimed at the highly modded ar3000 file which had the issue. Anyway, it works with both versions. When I made it for BGT, I did not want to change existing code... so if nothing else works, you may still try it.

And remember, you always need to start from a save before entering ar3000 (or delete ar3000 from your baldur.sav) because a number of globals and door/open close actions are executed as soon as you go there.

The Sandrah Saga

#14 ojbllny

ojbllny
  • 40 posts

Posted 03 December 2016 - 05:11 AM

You have restored my memory now

The patch I made (http://www.shsforums...ep/#entry591449) was aimed at the highly modded ar3000 file which had the issue. Anyway, it works with both versions. When I made it for BGT, I did not want to change existing code... so if nothing else works, you may still try it.

And remember, you always need to start from a save before entering ar3000 (or delete ar3000 from your baldur.sav) because a number of globals and door/open close actions are executed as soon as you go there.

Hello.
I accepted your proposal and tried it, but it did not work.
It seems that I am not very good at modifying parts of the game.
I am really sorry that you helped me a lot.
I appreciate your reply.

#15 ojbllny

ojbllny
  • 40 posts

Posted 03 December 2016 - 05:15 AM

Hello.
I tried running the game with the AR3000.BCS file you uploaded again.
Fortunately, the bugs I mentioned seem to have been fixed.
I really appreciate your help.
Thank you very much.
Is there any other bug that may arise from the AR3000.BCS file you uploaded?
And even if you do not install MOD in the order of the previous WEIDU.LOG file that you uploaded, can you install additional MODs and use the AR3000.BCS file you uploaded again?
please answer about my question.

#16 agb1

agb1
  • 1623 posts

Posted 03 December 2016 - 07:13 AM

Yes, you could use the replacement script safely in other games. It is identical to the original game script except for the additional sections from the BP mod (Ritual and Red Badge). If you used some other mod that adds something else to the outside of Watcher's Keep then you might need to change the script again. Otherwise no problem.

I still want to find out which mod changed the script in your game. I will investigate that.

#17 Lollorian

Lollorian

smiley addict

• 4150 posts

Posted 03 December 2016 - 10:09 AM

~SETUP-LOLFIXER.TP2~ #0 #14 // Spell Stuff - MAJESTIC Spell Fixer: 10122015

This changes SpellCastInnate to SpellCastInnateRES

"I am the smiley addict, yellow and round, this is my grin :D when I'm usually around :P.
When there's trouble brewing, see me post, cuz it's usually a wall o' yellow and your eyes are toast!!!"

BWP GUIDE - BWP FIXES - impFAQ - NPC LIST - KIT LIST - AREA LIST

GitHub Links : BWP Fixpack | Lolfixer | BWP Trimpack | RezMod

#18 agb1

agb1
  • 1623 posts

Posted 03 December 2016 - 10:54 AM

Lollorian!  You're alive!  Good to see ... your smiling avatar .. again!

I have no idea why the RES version of the trigger causes a problem, but apparently it does.  Any plans for a Lolfixer revision?

#19 ojbllny

ojbllny
  • 40 posts

Posted 03 December 2016 - 12:18 PM

Lollorian!  You're alive!  Good to see ... your smiling avatar .. again!

I have no idea why the RES version of the trigger causes a problem, but apparently it does.  Any plans for a Lolfixer revision?

Hello.
I have a comment that you want to know what MOD has changed the script in my game.
How can I help you?
I also saw a comment by Lollorian.
Has Lolfixer caused a bug by causing a problem with the script like Lollorian's comment?
Please answer.

#20 agb1

agb1
  • 1623 posts

Posted 03 December 2016 - 12:28 PM

Yes, Lolfixer changed your script.  I still don't understand why that change caused your problem, but the original script seems to work, so it would be better to remove the change from Lolfixer.