Can't initiate dialogue?

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 -Haywood Jablome-

-Haywood Jablome-

Posted 10 December 2016 - 03:28 PM

I can't seem to initiate dialogue with Isra. Using the "talk" command yields no effect.

Dialogue initiated by her goes just fine.

I recall being able to talk to her at will, but I can't seem to do it in my game. 

Are there any specific flags that I am missing? Or is my installation somehow messed up? BWS didn't come up with any errors other than one for Rjali NPC.

#2 -Haywood Jablome-

-Haywood Jablome-

Posted 10 December 2016 - 03:33 PM

Forgot to mention that this issue occurs in BG2: SoA.

#3 -Haywood Jablome-

-Haywood Jablome-

Posted 10 December 2016 - 03:56 PM

Another clarification.

I'm using BG2:EE.

Sorry for the confusion.

#4 Rhaella

Rhaella
  • Modder
  • 648 posts

Posted 15 December 2016 - 09:34 PM

Are you trying to talk to her with your PC active or do you have a different character highlighted? That's the only potential issue I can see.

#5 -Haywood Jablome-

-Haywood Jablome-

Posted 17 December 2016 - 11:12 AM

I had only <CHARNAME> selected.

Upon reaching Isra she would change her stance from idle to the action stance for an instance and then return to the idle animation.

Her romance talks progressed normally and her banter talks also worked without problem.

Still I can't initiate dialogue with her.

#6 Roxanne

Roxanne

Modder

• 3564 posts

Posted 17 December 2016 - 02:20 PM

I had only <CHARNAME> selected.

Upon reaching Isra she would change her stance from idle to the action stance for an instance and then return to the idle animation.

Her romance talks progressed normally and her banter talks also worked without problem.

Still I can't initiate dialogue with her.

It is something that I have observed on several NPCs in BG2EE (or EET). Sometimes they show the reaction described. If you move party members around a bit and try again it mostly works after a couple of attempts. I have not found any reason for this behaviour yet, but Isra is among those who show it (but not the only one.) Being persistent I could get any of those to PID talk after some attempts.

Edited by Roxanne, 17 December 2016 - 02:21 PM.

The Sandrah Saga

another piece of *buggy, cheesy, unbalanced junk*