• This topic is locked This topic is locked
384 replies to this topic

#21 CamDawg

CamDawg

ALL GLORY TO THE HYPNOTOAD

• Modder
  • 1505 posts

Posted 20 March 2004 - 01:38 PM

The game claulates lore on the fly. To change Delainy's lore, we had to cast a spell on her with a permanent duration. Altering the lore field in the CRE files has no effect.

Why is this Hypnotoad video so popu... ALL GLORY TO THE HYPNOTOAD.
____
The Gibberlings Three - Home of IE Mods

The BG2 Fixpack - All the fixes of Baldurdash, plus a few hundred more. Now available, with more fixes being added in every release.

#22 T.G.Maestro

T.G.Maestro

Eclipse

• 4415 posts

Posted 20 March 2004 - 03:46 PM

To change Delainy's lore, we had to cast a spell on her with a permanent duration

Well, this sounds most interesting, since we use the same method - we assign a permanent Lore bonus spell via HLA. :huh:
Posted Image

Refinements v2 has been released!
Go and visit the website or the forum for more info!

Member of The Silver Star team.

#23 Galactygon

Galactygon

Modding since 2002

• 938 posts

Posted 20 March 2004 - 04:48 PM

Another Bug -- when you summon the water elemental, the graphics that play (the blue spell animation) is not transparent.

-Galactygon
Posted Image

#24 T.G.Maestro

T.G.Maestro

Eclipse

• 4415 posts

Posted 21 March 2004 - 01:38 AM

when you summon the water elemental, the graphics that play (the blue spell animation) is not transparent

Umm, are you talking about the Elemental Prince portal animation? *Should* it be transparent? :huh: Are every summoning visuals transparent (the classic monster (un)summoning yellow/orange flash for example)?
Posted Image

#25 Littiz

Littiz
  • Modder
  • 1078 posts

Posted 21 March 2004 - 02:27 AM

"!" removed.

Don't know what to think about Lore. Maybe using the AP_ prefix in the table is not good for that effect.

The portal animation has been left without transparency effect intentionally.
I used almost everywhere the half transparency effect that seems the default for BG2, but still, there are exceptions. With that effect, the portal animation would be worse, you wouldn't recognize the birds, for instance.

Ever forward, my darling wind...

#26 T.G.Maestro

T.G.Maestro

Eclipse

• 4415 posts

Posted 21 March 2004 - 06:07 AM

I've found a few bugs in skalds version of Magic Flute. First, the Warrior Spirit summoned by the instrument dropped some of its equipment after death, I fixed this.
There is another problem, one that I cannot fix at the moment: the skald flute should summon 1-3 spirits, yet only one appears. Every time 2 or 3 spirits start to appear, ell except one unsummon with the message:
"you cannot control/summon more than one of that creature type" or something like that.
Could someone help me with this?
Posted Image

#27 T.G.Maestro

T.G.Maestro

Eclipse

• 4415 posts

Posted 21 March 2004 - 09:11 AM

the skald flute should summon 1-3 spirits, yet only one appears.

Fixed.

Another bug: one of (good) Divine Intervention's effects keeps crashing the game. I'll try to find the problematic component, but this may take a while.
Posted Image

#28 Harbinger

Harbinger
  • 42 posts

Posted 21 March 2004 - 04:47 PM

I am playing a stand alone game of ToB as apposed to a continuation from SoA. Anyway the new swash. Imoen is missing her memorized spells for levels 4-8. Normally she has 7-lvl 4, 5-lvl 5, 6-lvl 6, 3 lvl 7, and 2-lvl 8 spells to choose from.

#29 Caedwyr

Caedwyr

Wraith Editor

• 962 posts

Posted 21 March 2004 - 04:48 PM

Good point, Imoen in ToB should have a few more learned spells than her SoA counterpart.
"Knowledge is Power. Power Corrupts. Study Hard. Be Evil." - Ferret

PnP Celestials
Geomantic Sorcerer Kit

#30 T.G.Maestro

T.G.Maestro

Eclipse

• 4415 posts

Posted 22 March 2004 - 12:53 AM

Good point, Imoen in ToB should have a few more learned spells than her SoA counterpart

I trust Littiz will take care of this.

About Arcane Knowledge: no matter how I try, I cannot get the game to recognize and apply any bonus to Lore. I think the source of this problem might be in the fact that the engine adds a fixed bonus to Lore every level, and that setting overwrites any other attempts on increasing its value. Still, any bonuses based on increased INT apply to the score. :huh:

Again, I'm open to suggestions on this HLA. We should change it in a fitting way.
Posted Image

#31 Baltrek

Baltrek

He will be mine, or be cleaved in twain!

• 135 posts

Posted 22 March 2004 - 05:05 AM

Seems that Lore is based on an equation, not a value. That being the case, I doubt you could alter the result without substantially altering the underlying game code. That's too bad, the lore bunus would have been cool. Of course the characters get to a point that they can ID almost anything anyway in ToB.

#32 Baltrek

Baltrek

He will be mine, or be cleaved in twain!

• 135 posts

Posted 22 March 2004 - 05:10 AM

Is there perhaps a way to "fake" the equation? Perhaps have it alter the character's level or intelligence for those purposes? For example, by selecting Arcane Knowledge, you create a hidden Intelligence attribute, them point the lore calculation to it rather than the actual intelligence?

#33 CamDawg

CamDawg

ALL GLORY TO THE HYPNOTOAD

• Modder
  • 1505 posts

Posted 22 March 2004 - 05:18 AM

Lore can be altered; I've done it with Delainy. I'll see if I still have the spell that I used to do it.

Why is this Hypnotoad video so popu... ALL GLORY TO THE HYPNOTOAD.
____
The Gibberlings Three - Home of IE Mods

The BG2 Fixpack - All the fixes of Baldurdash, plus a few hundred more. Now available, with more fixes being added in every release.

#34 Littiz

Littiz
  • Modder
  • 1078 posts

Posted 22 March 2004 - 05:28 AM

No problem, I've just fixed it ;)

#35 T.G.Maestro

T.G.Maestro

Eclipse

• 4415 posts

Posted 23 March 2004 - 11:20 PM

One of Divine Interventions effects should summon a Deva and a Planetar together to aid the cleric. Yet the game keeps pestering me with constant messages like "You cannot summon more than one of this creature type" or something like that. What parameters should be changed on these creatures to allow them to appear at the same moment?
Posted Image

#36 Littiz

Littiz
  • Modder
  • 1078 posts

Posted 24 March 2004 - 02:36 AM

*Wears a red robe*

"Bah! NO problem gets fixed until I give it a fraction of my time (wait for me to take control...)!"

:lol: :lol: :lol:
:P

P.S.: fixed :P

#37 Caedwyr

Caedwyr

Wraith Editor

• 962 posts

Posted 26 March 2004 - 04:23 PM

This is not a bug report. It is a report of what works as advertised:

Wizard HLA table is correct for generic wizard (observed using swashbuckling Imoen)
Ranger HLA table is correct for kitless ranger (Minsc)
Archer HLA table is correct (Valygar Sk'd to an archer)
Fighter HLA table is correct (Mazzy & PC)
Multiclass Wizard/Cleric HLA table is correct (Aerie)

PnP Celestials
Geomantic Sorcerer Kit

#38 Caedwyr

Caedwyr

Wraith Editor

• 962 posts

Posted 27 March 2004 - 11:48 PM

In addition to my comments about deathfield in the Beta Balancing thread, I have a bug comment.

In the ability description, the spell description lists the effect as a 40' radius around the caster, while the text of the description says 50'. One of these is right, and the other should be changed to reflect the correct info.

PnP Celestials
Geomantic Sorcerer Kit

#39 T.G.Maestro

T.G.Maestro

Eclipse

• 4415 posts

Posted 30 March 2004 - 01:50 PM

I may have a bug here. I don't know why, but after starting a new game in SoA, Imoen cannot use scrolls! :unsure: She can copy them into her book, but cannot use them or place them into a quickslot. The scrolls appear red, just as any unuseable item. I have many mods installed, but none of them should mess with this.

Any ideas?
Posted Image

#40 Littiz

Littiz
  • Modder
  • 1078 posts

Posted 31 March 2004 - 02:36 AM

Works fine for me...
Please explain better what you have installed :huh: