Bugs for v1.x

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
384 replies to this topic

#41 T.G.Maestro

T.G.Maestro

Eclipse

• 4415 posts

Posted 31 March 2004 - 05:12 AM

I'll try to reinstall every single mod now, and see the results. ;)
Posted Image

Refinements v2 has been released!
Go and visit the website or the forum for more info!

Member of The Silver Star team.

#42 T.G.Maestro

T.G.Maestro

Eclipse

• 4415 posts

Posted 31 March 2004 - 10:44 AM

Sorry, the problem lies in the SwashImoen component, or at least it has problems with some other mod. If I uninstall the component, Imoen (as a Mage/Thief) can cast from scrolls as she should. The SwashImoen version can't. As I've said, I have many mods installed, I can send you the debug file Littiz (though it IS long :blink: ).
Posted Image

#43 Littiz

Littiz
  • Modder
  • 1078 posts

Posted 31 March 2004 - 02:56 PM

Which debug file? If there are not installation problems, that shouldn't help (if I get what you mean).
Anyway, the Swashimoen component works for me.

Can some of the testers try this as well? I've not been able to find any bug with the Use Scroll engine, so far. But there CAN be a problem of portability. I'm not sure if the WeiDU patching of the KIT.IDS file is doing its job, since my version was ALREADY corrected.
I cannot think of any other weak point on Refinements' side.

Ever forward, my darling wind...

#44 T.G.Maestro

T.G.Maestro

Eclipse

• 4415 posts

Posted 01 April 2004 - 12:03 AM

Here is the list of installed mods, in this order:

- patched BG2 ToB
- ToB fixpack
- Ascension
- aPack
- Ease of Use
- Oversight
- Hell tests
- Improved Valhorn
- Comstore
- Item Upgrade
- Tactics
- Battles
- Improved Oasis v2
- UB
- Kelsey (SoA&ToB)
- Solaufein
- Valen
- Elai
- Chloe
- Silver Star
- Redemption
- Refinements
- Virtue

I hope this may be of some help. Again, if I start as a mage of any kind, I can use scrolls properly, but Imoen can only use them in her original form (Thief/Mage). Still, she can learn the spells from them with SwashImoen installed.
Posted Image

#45 Rathwellin the Bard

Rathwellin the Bard

Bloody engine of destruction ... oh, wait. That was my Sorcerer

• 722 posts

Posted 01 April 2004 - 04:47 AM

Does the infinite stacking component of ease of use change scrolls?

#46 Littiz

Littiz
  • Modder
  • 1078 posts

Posted 01 April 2004 - 05:04 AM

Yes, but the WeiDU coding used by Wes and by me in this case should grant compatibility. (not that *I* would want to play with stackable stuff! :P)
TGM, send me your KIT.IDS file!
Before and after installation, both versions :)

@Testers:
please, someone should try to start a new SoA game as well and see what happens. I can't reproduce that problem, here. All seems fine.

#47 Rathwellin the Bard

Rathwellin the Bard

• 722 posts

Posted 01 April 2004 - 05:23 AM

The only time I ever saw something like this was when I created a multiclass Barbarian/Mage Elf via Shadowkeeper. There were a number of items he couldn't use and scrolls acted just the way TG describes ... but I just figured that this behavior was due to the fact that some things were flagged as being unusable by Barbarians. Never really did play the guy but it was an interesting bit of playing around.

Anyway, how did you guys create Imoen's new cre files?

#48 Idobek

Idobek

Pocket Plane Gibberling

• 429 posts

Posted 01 April 2004 - 05:32 AM

@Littiz: Are you trying to patch or append kit.ids? I recommend APPENDing it with the fixed values but using custom kit names, that way you don't need to worry about what other mods have done/will do.

EDIT: I noticed something today about ADD_KIT which may or may not cause a problem for you. Details "here".

#49 Littiz

Littiz
  • Modder
  • 1078 posts

Posted 01 April 2004 - 05:48 AM

You might remember that I asked Weimer for an upgrade to the ADD_KIT command :) KID.IDS, for the new kits, is now updated automatically by WeiDU.
Yes, I am aware that you must place the stuff to compile on the same component. ;)

Those issues are fully solved by now (thanx for pointing them, though!)
The problem *might* reside in the ORIGINAL kits: KIT.IDS stated completely wrong values for them, so I ALSO have to patch them through REPLACE_TEXTUALLY commands...

#50 Idobek

Idobek

Pocket Plane Gibberling

• 429 posts

Posted 01 April 2004 - 05:59 AM

Yes, I am aware that you must place the stuff to compile on the same component.

Actually you don't, it's just that if you don't it causes problems if the components are not installed at the same time.

The problem *might* reside in the ORIGINAL kits: KIT.IDS stated completely wrong values for them, so I ALSO have to patch them through REPLACE_TEXTUALLY commands...

I've been so caught up with fancy ways of patching the I forget the basics sometimes. R_T the hex values, duh. :rolleyes:

#51 Littiz

Littiz
  • Modder
  • 1078 posts

Posted 01 April 2004 - 06:08 AM

And everything seems to work even with those commands, now that I bothered to check :)

I'm clueless...

#52 Idobek

Idobek

Pocket Plane Gibberling

• 429 posts

Posted 01 April 2004 - 07:04 AM

I did a quick AddKit to give Imoen a swashbuckler kit. I am assuming this is how you added the kit. I cannot recreate TGM's scroll usage bug (I used an infravision scroll) using either the original or a fixed kit.ids.

I remember reading somewhere that refinements changes the usabilities of a lot of items. Are you sure this isn't the problem rather than SwashImoen?

As you know I do not have a copy of Refinements so anything I write is pure speculation. :D

#53 T.G.Maestro

T.G.Maestro

Eclipse

• 4415 posts

Posted 01 April 2004 - 09:17 AM

I remember reading somewhere that refinements changes the usabilities of a lot of items. Are you sure this isn't the problem rather than SwashImoen?

No. If I uninstall SwashImoen and leave all other components of Refinements installed, she can use scrolls fine. If I start a new mage with SwashImoen installed, he can use scrolls, while Imoen can't.
Posted Image

#54 Caedwyr

Caedwyr

Wraith Editor

• 962 posts

Posted 01 April 2004 - 09:18 AM

I just started a new game in ToB, and Imoen was able to use scrolls just fine (I tried after I leveled her up, but that shouldn't make much of a difference)
"Knowledge is Power. Power Corrupts. Study Hard. Be Evil." - Ferret

PnP Celestials
Geomantic Sorcerer Kit

#55 Idobek

Idobek

Pocket Plane Gibberling

• 429 posts

Posted 01 April 2004 - 09:27 AM

No. If I uninstall SwashImoen and leave all other components of Refinements installed, she can use scrolls fine. If I start a new mage with SwashImoen installed, he can use scrolls, while Imoen can't.

What about a new swashbuckler dualed to a mage and then leveled up until the swashbuckler is active again, can he use scrolls?

#56 T.G.Maestro

T.G.Maestro

Eclipse

• 4415 posts

Posted 01 April 2004 - 09:38 AM

I recently SK-d Imoen up to 11th level, so now her Swashbuckler class is active again - but it ddn't help. She cannot use those scrolls, only learn them.
Posted Image

#57 Littiz

Littiz
  • Modder
  • 1078 posts

Posted 01 April 2004 - 10:03 AM

I did a quick AddKit to give Imoen a swashbuckler kit. I am assuming this is how you added the kit. I cannot recreate TGM's scroll usage bug (I used an infravision scroll) using either the original or a fixed kit.ids.

ah the memories, when I thought the implementation for Use Scrolls could be, erm, that, erm, "simple" :P
Anyway, the normal Swashbuckler kit is just applied to her CRE file. :)

I just started a new game in ToB, and Imoen was able to use scrolls just fine (I tried after I leveled her up, but that shouldn't make much of a difference)

This "little" difference costed me, IIRC, 8 additional shadow kits, and the entire rebuilding of the script, for a total of 1000+ lines :o -_- :P
The "Use Scrolls Engine" applies different kits for characters dualled to mage:
before reactivation of the starting class, to allow the usage of scrolls, but without the original kit's abilities. The second one is applied after the reactivation of the class, and includes the necessary kit abilities.

A Swashbuckler can't Use Scrolls, normally. He can do it when:
-He picks the Use Scrolls ability.
-He duals to mage. In this case, two kits are applied by the engine, one immediately, one after reactivation of the Swash side.

TGM, it seems a local problem of yours.
Here *everything* works.
Try to remove some mod-garbage, Refinements seems to work perfectly B)
I imagine something has altered the original Swashbuckler kit, or prevents scrolls to be patched properly, or whatever.
I can't know. You should uninstall everything, start with Refinements, and then apply the other mods one by one until you catch the guilty one.

ANYWAY: please @testers, try starting a new SOA game and tell me if Swashimoen can use Scrolls before levelling up.
Thanx!

#58 T.G.Maestro

T.G.Maestro

Eclipse

• 4415 posts

Posted 01 April 2004 - 10:16 AM

please @testers, try starting a new SOA game and tell me if Swashimoen can use Scrolls before levelling up.

No need for that: she can. I tried it and she could use them proplerly. I had the same mods installed (see list above). The problems started when I updtaed my v15 Tactics to v17 - after the update (and the re-installation process of many mods over it, including Refinements) Imoen couldn't use scrolls anymore.
I've tried uninstalling every single mod and installing them one by one (Refinements on top), but I've "managed" to recreate the bug - she can't use scrolls.
Posted Image

#59 Rathwellin the Bard

Rathwellin the Bard

• 722 posts

Posted 02 April 2004 - 06:24 PM

Setup - Clean install of Tob + Patch + Baldurdash + Refinements. No other mods installed.

Observed Bug - Greater Werewolf Form does not have the correct THACO or Number of Attacks after refinements is installed.

Detail - Started a fresh ToB game. I have Cernd in the party after summoning him from the fate spirit. He is 14th level. Shifted him to GWW form.

Observed base THACO = 12
Should have base THACO = 6

Observed number of attaks = 2
Should have number of attacks = 3

Possible Related Bug - Cerns weapon proficiences are all wrong. He has:
Large Swords *
Small Swords *
Bow *
Missile Weapons *
Scimitar *
Quarterstaff *
Sling *
Single Weapon Style*

Additional Info - I've never summoned Cernd in, so I started another fresh ToB game as a Shapeshifter. Observed same THACO and number of attacks bug.

#60 Rathwellin the Bard

Rathwellin the Bard

• 722 posts

Posted 02 April 2004 - 06:53 PM

Confirmed the Number of Attacks bug by creating a ToB Shapeshifter in a game without Refinements.