Photo

BWS BGT Installation, Custom, Expert mode

• Please log in to reply
56 replies to this topic

#21 quinlan

quinlan
  • 1172 posts

Posted 27 March 2017 - 01:50 AM

There was never such note on BG1... so, it might have been a mod content you were smoking that made it appear. :devil:

:clown:

Got killed by a goblin archer and the same assertion failure appeared. It seems that dying doesn't lead to the normal scene and then back to meny, rather its a case for CTD.

Untitled.jpg

My fantasy story

"Man, in his discussions with other men about questions of religion, statecraft, geography, trade, has always reached a point in the discussion where it has seemed wise to reply to his opponent by disemboweling him or knocking his brains out."

My name is Thomas Hockenberry, Ph.D., and I think the "Ph.D." stands for "Pouring His Draft."

"The study of modern science today is being done by the brain of primitive man."

#22 The Imp

The Imp

Not good, see EVIL is better. You'll LIVE.

• 5150 posts

Posted 27 March 2017 - 12:06 PM

Again, I would put the blame for the crash on one of the eXpert mods ... one of the mods modifies the bhallspawns death so that the game is not over while he dies... so one of the mod could clash with that premise. The normal mod I am referring to is "the game over only on party death" mod. Unless of course you have an changed avatar(aka the player character visual representation is not normal) .. which can cause all kinds of things.

PS, you shill have not posted the weidu.log's content on your first post. :devil:

Yep, Jarno Mikkola. my Mega Mod FAQ. Use of the BWS, and how to use it(scroll down that post a bit). 
OK, desert dweller, welcome to the sanity, you are free to search for the limit, it's out there, we drew it in the sand. Ouh, actually it was still snow then.. but anyways.

#23 quinlan

quinlan
  • 1172 posts

Posted 28 March 2017 - 01:24 AM

Again, I would put the blame for the crash on one of the eXpert mods ... one of the mods modifies the bhallspawns death so that the game is not over while he dies... so one of the mod could clash with that premise. The normal mod I am referring to is "the game over only on party death" mod. Unless of course you have an changed avatar(aka the player character visual representation is not normal) .. which can cause all kinds of things.

PS, you shill have not posted the weidu.log's content on your first post. :devil:

It was there, just under greater invisibility... :whistling:

For a while I thought charname cannot die because of the mod that keeps him unconscious and then revives him when reaching 1hp as has started happening on the road, but if enemies keep on attacking me  I can die and the assertion failure is still there:

Spoiler

Not a problem though, since I can continue with the game by running bgmain again.

.....hm....hm.... by mistake upon creation I must have clicked on female icon instead of the male one. Is there a workable cheat for changing sex on the main character? :doh:  :doh:  :doh:  :doh:  :doh:  :doh:  :doh:  :doh:  :doh:

If not, is it possible to have a romance with Viconia later on if main character is female? I'd prefer that than going back to the beginning, no matter how close I am to the start of the game... :blush:

Edited by quinlan, 28 March 2017 - 02:21 AM.

My fantasy story

"Man, in his discussions with other men about questions of religion, statecraft, geography, trade, has always reached a point in the discussion where it has seemed wise to reply to his opponent by disemboweling him or knocking his brains out."

My name is Thomas Hockenberry, Ph.D., and I think the "Ph.D." stands for "Pouring His Draft."

"The study of modern science today is being done by the brain of primitive man."

#24 quinlan

quinlan
  • 1172 posts

Posted 28 March 2017 - 05:28 AM

I just got killed by a lesser tanar'ri at Beregost!!! Must be one of the mods, because I don't remember facing such a thing before.

On a more serious note, the death scene assertion issue didn't appear this time. My party died well and truly (obviously :devil: ) and after charname got killed I got the normal sequence of videos about slowly fading away.

Edited by quinlan, 28 March 2017 - 05:28 AM.

My fantasy story

#25 The Imp

The Imp

• 5150 posts

Posted 28 March 2017 - 05:43 AM

Is there a workable cheat for changing sex on the main character? :doh:  :doh:  :doh:  :doh:  :doh:  :doh:  :doh:  :doh:  :doh:
If not, is it possible to have a romance with Viconia later on if main character is female?
Probably... I would use the ShadowKeeper to change the characters gender .. and you need to do this before you meet Viconia... so she can't "reject" you based on your gender.

Yep, Jarno Mikkola. my Mega Mod FAQ. Use of the BWS, and how to use it(scroll down that post a bit). 
OK, desert dweller, welcome to the sanity, you are free to search for the limit, it's out there, we drew it in the sand. Ouh, actually it was still snow then.. but anyways.

#26 quinlan

quinlan
  • 1172 posts

Posted 28 March 2017 - 12:37 PM

Probably... I would use the ShadowKeeper to change the characters gender .. and you need to do this before you meet Viconia... so she can't "reject" you based on your gender.

This is the 1st genuine weird thing I have to report. It turns out i didn't have mistakenly set charname as female. The reason I am saying this is that while in game character is stated as female, shadowkeeper sees same character as male. And when I changed the gender to female through shadowkeeper, in game the character is seen as male. :huh:  :huh:  :huh:

My fantasy story

#27 quinlan

quinlan
  • 1172 posts

Posted 30 March 2017 - 12:27 PM

Here is another crash issue:

Whenever I try to use the potion of rocksalt I die. Normal death, with the death scene and the offer to reload.

My fantasy story

#28 The Imp

The Imp

• 5150 posts

Posted 30 March 2017 - 01:24 PM

Here is another crash issue:

Whenever I try to use the potion of rocksalt I die. Normal death, with the death scene and the offer to reload.

Can you export the item from your game and attach it as a .zip file to a post... or somewhere else to link it in ?

The item could be, yeah you die, and there's nothing you can do about it if you decide to drink it.

#29 quinlan

quinlan
  • 1172 posts

Posted 30 March 2017 - 02:30 PM

Yes, how do I export an item?

My fantasy story

#30 Demtrek

Demtrek
  • 64 posts

Posted 30 March 2017 - 05:13 PM

Expert mode, you are a brave sole.  I wasted a year of my life trying to get one to work.  NEJ was responsable for a lot of the mishaps.  I had the same Rock Salt bug as well, and this was 4 years ago..or so.   The one that did it for me was trying to enter Tazooks Tent, it crashed and I could not advance the game.

I also tried to play NEJ using expert mode (same install) and everything was a complete mess.  Entire city maps in Athkatla were over written with different maps, so none of the transistions points worked.  Also at the Mage School, transistions leading to key story advancement areas were also broken. I was desperate to try to finnish it so I used the Console thingy to teleport around.  Since I didnt know where I was to go I had to do a lot of investigating using Near Infinaty.  It took me a long time just to finnish the School part....but alas when the story dumped me back at Ulcaster I was unable to advance from there and uninstalled.

#31 The Imp

The Imp

• 5150 posts

Posted 30 March 2017 - 09:32 PM

Yes, how do I export an item?

You open a savegame file with Shadowkeeper for example to find out the items filename in the game files. Or you can use the Near Infinity to find it as well.

Then you open the game with Near Infinity and find the item now that you have it's file name, from the ITM folder and you just right click and pick the "Export" on it, which opens a browser to save the file in.

#32 quinlan

quinlan
  • 1172 posts

Posted 30 March 2017 - 10:57 PM

Expert mode, you are a brave sole.  I wasted a year of my life trying to get one to work. 

No waste involved because no haste is involved. It will work or it won't and if it won't, then I will reinstall it. After running the game so many times, I am in no hurry.

You open a savegame file with Shadowkeeper for example to find out the items filename in the game files. Or you can use the Near Infinity to find it as well.

Then you open the game with Near Infinity and find the item now that you have it's file name, from the ITM folder and you just right click and pick the "Export" on it, which opens a browser to save the file in.

I haven't ever used Near Infinity, so I am doing something wrong:

Spoiler

My fantasy story

#33 The Imp

The Imp

• 5150 posts

Posted 31 March 2017 - 12:44 AM

You just need to assign the chitin.key that the game folder contains. That will allow you to open the game it's attached to. Yeah, you need to do that cause it's the first time you run the program... it will remember that the next time you run it.

You'll notice there's a lot of folders and then the files in the game folder, you just need to go to the right long enough to find it(aka it's in the very right spot). The NI browser finds it right after all the folders cause the setup shows only .key files(and folders). Aka you need to use the "lift" to go to the right, click the file and then the "Open":

arrows.jpg

So the file you want to find & export NI is i1poo10.itm if I read that correctly. It should come from a mod made by igi. That's all I have for now.

Edited by The Imp, 31 March 2017 - 12:52 AM.

#34 quinlan

quinlan
  • 1172 posts

Posted 31 March 2017 - 01:14 AM

Got it. Cannot find the file though. I have tried with capital and small letters.

Spoiler

It is there though. I found it in the "iiItemMod/Potions/itm.

[post='Attached File  i1po010.itm   506bytes   187 downloads'][/post]

My fantasy story

#35 Roxanne

Roxanne

Modder

• 3564 posts

Posted 31 March 2017 - 01:49 AM

You either open the list in the left column to see all the items listed in alphabetic order or you use that search function with the name the item has in game (not the file name). Seaching for *rocksalt* or just *salt* or *rock*.

You can try and put this into your override folder

Attached Files

Edited by Roxanne, 31 March 2017 - 05:18 AM.

The Sandrah Saga

another piece of *buggy, cheesy, unbalanced junk*

#36 quinlan

quinlan
  • 1172 posts

Posted 31 March 2017 - 02:16 AM

You either open the list in the left column to see all the items listed in alphabetic order or you use that search function with the name the item has in game (not the file name). Seaching for *rocksalt* or just *salt* or *rock*.

attachicon.gifi1po010.itm

Correct, it is there.

Spoiler

However, after loading a saved game with the potion equipped, my character still died when rocksalt ingested.

My fantasy story

#37 The Imp

The Imp

• 5150 posts

Posted 31 March 2017 - 05:14 AM

Well yeah, the potion SETS your constitution to be -1... aka it KILLS you.

It probably should increment it, but ahh.

#38 Roxanne

Roxanne

Modder

• 3564 posts

Posted 31 March 2017 - 05:20 AM

attachicon.gifi1po010.itm

Correct, it is there.

Spoiler

However, after loading a saved game with the potion equipped, my character still died when rocksalt ingested.

Sorry, uploaded the original again instead of the repaired potion - corrected this. It should now reduce your constitution instead of setting it to -1 (which kills).

The Sandrah Saga

another piece of *buggy, cheesy, unbalanced junk*

#39 quinlan

quinlan
  • 1172 posts

Posted 31 March 2017 - 01:58 PM

Is this the one I am to copy in the override folder?

[post='https://www.google.c...8iItbAWyhxKkibA'][/post]

My fantasy story

#40 -maximus-

-maximus-

Posted 31 March 2017 - 05:18 PM

Eh?  In my game rocksalt potion sets constitution to 25.  Hmm, who's game is bugged? :shifty: