• Please log in to reply
153 replies to this topic

#101 tomkaz

tomkaz
  • 992 posts

Donator

Posted 01 November 2017 - 06:59 PM

Hi ALL:

I am trying to isolate errors in a BWP mega-mod game by starting with sections 1 and 2 and increasing the next game by two more sections.  I did not get an error until I added section 6. I had a typo (my error) in that section.  Corrected the typo and reran the game with no errors.  This includes booting as it should and played well.  With sections 7 and 8, found errors on both.  With section 7,  errors showed up with "I Shall Never Forget".  Section 8 ran out of space for a file.  I increased my pagefile to 60 GB.  I crashed the C:\ drive on my computer and have no idea what I did.  My game is on the F:\ drive and nothing was lost.  Repaired the computer.

Today I   reran the  section 1-8 game. Now three errors.  Section 1 has "baldur.ini" with no explanation.  Section 7 has "Searchstr: Bad comand line"   Section 8 has  "The system cannot find the file specified". 

After section 8, the loading of the game continues on.  I terminated it at this point.  I need sleep.  I think I can narrow down the searchstr and missing file.  What bothers me is "baldur.ini".  I have replace suspected mods with fresh versions. Checked Baldur's Gate for its baldur.ini file.  Checked BGII - SoA for its baldur.ini file. The baldur.ini file are there.  A lot more codes are present are in each one, but nothing unreasonable.

What I would like to know is what is meant by the "baldur.ini" file being listed as an error in section 1.

Any help woul be appreciated,

TOM

#102 Miksip

Miksip
  • 50 posts

Donator

Posted 01 November 2017 - 07:35 PM

@tomkaz

I too have errors in my installation and don't know where they come from and next time i try to install - everything fine.

1)Baldur.ini most probably refers to this

findstr /I /M "3D.Acceleration=1" baldur.ini
if not errorlevel 1 (
    Call %EINSTI% 1pp "114" "TYPE 1PP114_input.txt"
)

8. if setup file not exist then install

%IFNS%BP.exe Call %EINSTI% DSoA "3 5 7"

7) not sure what is wrong with section 7, can't help you there.

P.S. Don't listen to The Imp - it is voice of the Devil.

#103 Miksip

Miksip
  • 50 posts

Donator

Posted 01 November 2017 - 09:20 PM

@Leonardo Watson

20.5 Level 1 NPCs v19 in manual missing next portion

Allow melee weapons mastery for barbarians?

Hit 0 and enter for no change, 1 and enter for mastery (3 stars), 2 and enter
for high mastery (4 stars) or 3 and enter for grand mastery (5 stars).
User answer: "1"

So instead of nine "1" there is only eight "1" in level1npcs_without_Druid_Remix_input.txt which results in error when user tries to install it. 

Edit1. Sorry, it seems everything fine now. Read in manual that number of options depends on other mods.

Edited by Miksip, 11 November 2017 - 10:36 AM.

#104 Miksip

Miksip
  • 50 posts

Donator

Posted 01 November 2017 - 09:35 PM

I think i have found this string which is too long.
This is from my Weidu:

Spoiler

And this is from my custom debug file :
Spoiler

Looking at Animate.Ids in override we see
Spoiler

If you look at other IDS files from BiG World Installpack\source\ref_ids.bat - there is a mess there too.

Update. It seems the the problem is with the symbol for the end of the line "CR LF" - it is not present after "0xEF91 DONOT_USE2" in fixpack-Animate.ids. So it keeps adding time and time again.

And some lines in override file have empty spaces at the end of them which you can't see if you don't turn "show all symbols", but findstr notices them and it is not the same as the line without empty spaces with those settings.

Edited by Miksip, 02 November 2017 - 04:31 AM.

#105 The Imp

The Imp

Not good, see EVIL is better. You'll LIVE.

• 5148 posts

Posted 02 November 2017 - 02:08 AM

Anyway, I#ve never run into any problems or slowdowns because of that.

With all do respect, 1 out of 100 000 is not much.
This has to do with the scale of things. And as .bif-fing is one of the known tweaks to lessen the frame and loading time in the game, test it without using the Gen Bif and you'll be lucky if the game even starts within the 15 first minutes you double clicked the bgmain.exe . And wonder what the hell is happening...

That and you have the option to not use the GUI or Widescreen mod in BWP if you so choose, and install them after. I bet the .pdf even says so... multiple times infact. At least the BWS does, so...
Yes, the real reason is that everything else is biffed too, be it a portrait the game uses ones or large script the game runs every 1/15th of a second the whole (SoA) game.

Edited by The Imp, 02 November 2017 - 02:10 AM.

Yep, Jarno Mikkola. my Mega Mod FAQ. Use of the BWS, and how to use it(scroll down that post a bit). 
OK, desert dweller, welcome to the sanity, you are free to search for the limit, it's out there, we drew it in the sand. Ouh, actually it was still snow then.. but anyways.

#106 Marvin

Marvin

Marvin

• 197 posts

Posted 02 November 2017 - 12:04 PM

Anyway, I#ve never run into any problems or slowdowns because of that.

With all do respect, 1 out of 100 000 is not much.
This has to do with the scale of things. And as .bif-fing is one of the known tweaks to lessen the frame and loading time in the game, test it without using the Gen Bif and you'll be lucky if the game even starts within the 15 first minutes you double clicked the bgmain.exe . And wonder what the hell is happening...

That and you have the option to not use the GUI or Widescreen mod in BWP if you so choose, and install them after. I bet the .pdf even says so... multiple times infact. At least the BWS does, so...
Yes, the real reason is that everything else is biffed too, be it a portrait the game uses ones or large script the game runs every 1/15th of a second the whole (SoA) game.

I have to correct myself. I installed the BGT GUIs before the biffing. What I then did was install W_GUI (another GUI mod) after the biffing. Everything ran smoothly after that.

But I do stand by the opinion that widescreen should be installed AFTER gen. biffing. It can be really hard to chosse the perfect resolution in BG. Without the zooming option, 1080p is too high even though it looks really slick. I'm guessing something around 720p would be close to ideal, but everyone has a different taste.

Couldn't the zooming option be integrated somehow in the non EE versions? It's such a handy feature.

Anyway, sorry for the confusion about the GUIs.

#107 The Imp

The Imp

Not good, see EVIL is better. You'll LIVE.

• 5148 posts

Posted 02 November 2017 - 12:37 PM

Couldn't the zooming option be integrated somehow in the non EE versions? It's such a handy feature.
Well, if you ever get Beamdog to release the design features that make the Zoom possible, then ... but that's not going to ever happen, believe me. You are better off by just trying to buy everyone the EE games ... <censored for public appropriation>
But like said, the widescreen mod can and in your case, should be installed after the BWP, not during it. Just like every mod you feel might not suit your final taste.

Yep, Jarno Mikkola. my Mega Mod FAQ. Use of the BWS, and how to use it(scroll down that post a bit). 
OK, desert dweller, welcome to the sanity, you are free to search for the limit, it's out there, we drew it in the sand. Ouh, actually it was still snow then.. but anyways.

#108 Miksip

Miksip
  • 50 posts

Donator

Posted 04 November 2017 - 03:21 AM

@Leonardo Watson

1) in trim_IDS.bat there is ANIAND.IDS i guess you mean ANISND.IDS;

2) after looking at whole ref_ids.bat i decided to try and install without it, since it was running after every mod and corrupting IDS files.

Then xpmod showed me an error at component 16 - kit.ids was corrupted. So i put call ref_ids.bat after it but it didn't repair anything.

Kit.ids was still with wrong lines. Found your post in forum about how to repair corrupted lines in kit.ids. It helped - Thanks!

Looked in individual.bat to find the problem and:

Spoiler

I believe you should change it to 11 - the same as in manual.

3) Is there any point in running script which doesn't fix anything when you already have 1-time solution ready?

Edit.added:

4) Item revisions installs Shield of Balduran (wa2shiel.itm), but then 9.25 Enhanced BG2 v1.1 component 6 [Dragonsuit & Glory of Balduran (ToB)] rewrites it and adds scripts to baldur.bcs, which running checks for items and gives bonuses when full complect equipped . In my opinion i would prefer revised shield than more scripts.

can you remove EBG component 6 for future version,please?

Edited by Miksip, 05 November 2017 - 12:24 AM.

#109 tomkaz

tomkaz
  • 992 posts

Donator

Posted 06 November 2017 - 10:26 AM

Hi All:

One problem I did not expect, SPACE.  I have 32 GB of RAM, 164 GB of empty file space on my partition, a 50 GB of page file, a processor that four math processors and eight sound processors.  As BWP checked the first section (Corrections and Improvements) it told me I ran out of space.

This is the first time this happened with this identical set of data.  Any chance it could be too many 'GOTOs' or too many 'REMs' or too many '::s'?

I am off to check DOS books and sites.

Tom

The comment is "Not enough storage is available to process this command".

Edited by tomkaz, 06 November 2017 - 11:10 AM.

#110 tomkaz

tomkaz
  • 992 posts

Donator

Posted 06 November 2017 - 02:57 PM

Hi All:

This is not my day. 

I tried to get another copy of BiG World Installpack v17.0.5 to see that my game copy is not my other problem.  That should be easy because I know where it is,  I tried to download a copy.  Windows will not let me download the file until I tell it what Windows will it use to open the file.  I understand the logic, but there are several such actions in Windows like that.  I cannot even look at any copy of the file I already have.

This does not pertain to Baldur's Gate, but I am getting desperate.  Any help would be appreciated.

Tom

The opening problem half went away, but enough so that it is usable.  The Internet said that it may be caused by malware.  Back to my original problem with free space being low.

Tom

Edited by tomkaz, 06 November 2017 - 03:52 PM.

#111 tomkaz

tomkaz
  • 992 posts

Donator

Posted 06 November 2017 - 06:16 PM

Marvin:

Last year I switch my game from one computer to another.  One screen was 27" and the other was 20".  Needless to say the screen was messed up.  With nothing to loose, I took a chance and reran Widescreen again.  It was not perfect, so I ran Widescreen twice more and it turned out great.  So now I use Widescreen when ever my guess did not work out so the picture looked great.

And that was during a game on a different computer.

Tom

#112 Miksip

Miksip
  • 50 posts

Donator

Posted 06 November 2017 - 09:11 PM

@Leonardo Watson

In manual you say about SCS component that it will be skipped but then it is written to [I]nstall

Skipping this component, as Item Revisions renders it obsolete.
Install Component 3060 [Remove the invisibility power of the Staff of the Magi]? [I]nstall
Install Component 3070 [Move Vhailor's Helm into Throne of Bhaal]? [I]nstall
Install Component 3080 [Move the Cloak of Mirroring]? [I]nstall
Install Component 3090 [Move the Robe of Vecna into Throne of Bhaal]? [I]nstall
Install Component 3100 [Make the healing and resurrection powers of the Rod of Resurrection into separate abilities]?
[N]ot Install
Skipping this component, as it is already installed via Item Revisions.
Install Component 3110 [Change Carsomyr so that its Dispel on contact power grants a saving throw]? [I]nstall
Skipping this component, as it is already installed via Item Revisions.
If you want to use this component together with Rylorn you should install this component before that mod.

And in individual.bat it says to install without checks for item revisions.

Edited by Miksip, 06 November 2017 - 09:12 PM.

#113 tomkaz

tomkaz
  • 992 posts

Donator

Posted 09 November 2017 - 05:48 PM

Hi All:

Trying to do three things at once and doing none right.

Using BWP and modifying Individual.bat.

I did fix the error in section one.  Traded it for 2 errors in section two.

The first error in section two.

FINDSTR:  Bad command line
'"RoT.TP2~.*#.*#0./"' is not recognized as an internal or external command, operable program or batch file.

The code:

findstr /I /M "SOS.TP2~.*#.*#0./ CtB.TP2~.*#.*#0./" %ELOG%>nul &&
findstr /I /M \"RoT.TP2~.*#.*#0./" %ELOG%>nul
if not errorlevel 1 (
     if %PREVIEW%==0 (
          copy /Y ".\RoTerror\anim\Yeti\*.bam" ".\override" | %M%
     )
)

I checked it against a new copy of Individual.bat.  No apparent spelling errors.  With my limited knowledge of DOS, I see no apparent logic errors. I would appreciate help with this error from any one has expertise with DOS. 

The second error in section two.

| was unexpected at this time.
Not enough storage is available to process this command. (The first character is not the letter I.)

Same error I had it section one.  It was do to a typo. The following line was mistypped by ME. I removed the extra quotation mark and the error went away.  I am still looking for typo in section two.

Call %EINSTI% TobEx "111 112 113 114"115 116 117 118 120"

Thanks for any help,

Tom

#114 Miksip

Miksip
  • 50 posts

Donator

Posted 10 November 2017 - 04:49 AM

@tomkaz

1) findstr /I /M \ "RoT. - backslash before ROT is unnecessary. It is not present in original.

2) Look for that vertical bar and compare it to original individual.bat.

#115 tomkaz

tomkaz
  • 992 posts

Donator

Posted 10 November 2017 - 09:03 AM

Thanks Miksip.

I assumed that v17.05 would be the latest correct version.  I never thought that corrections in 17.05 could be wrong and that earlier version would be correct for specific instances.  Guess it is time to download all the earlier versions and compare them line by line.

Tom 

#116 Miksip

Miksip
  • 50 posts

Donator

Posted 11 November 2017 - 10:57 AM

@Leonardo Watson

1) you have this line

findstr /I /M "CSOBWPO" %SET%>nul
if errorlevel 1 (
    Call %EINSTI% cdtweaks "2040 2050"
)

I think you meant 2240 and 2250.

2) I had problems with helm animation in inventory screen described here

http://www.shsforums...entory-screens/

Then i removed my weidu log from directory and installed 1pp core paperdolls anew - it seems to fix it.

Can you move 1pp after item revisions as described by Salk?

Here is more about it http://gibberlings3....=27#entry245704

3) you have this line in manual

Install Component [Revised Armor]? [N]ot Install
Incompatible with the mod „Full Plate And Packing Steel"

and this in individual.bat

findstr /I /M "Fullplate" %SET%>nul
if errorlevel 1 (
    Call %EINSTI% item_rev "9"
)

it doesn't mention component 1040 from item revisions when "fullplate" mod is not installed.

4) cdtweaks there is no component 2050 mentioned in individual.bat - most probably you meant 2060?

Edited by Miksip, 18 November 2017 - 05:46 AM.

#117 tomkaz

tomkaz
  • 992 posts

Donator

Posted 21 November 2017 - 12:26 PM

Hi All:

I found a lot of my typos, but am lost with this one.  It is in Section 7 of Individual.bat.
I have spaced out the lines for ease of reading

findstr /I /M "GBTHFKP.TP2~.*#.*#0./" %ELOG%>nul && findstr /I /M %STAC%>nul

if not errorlevel 1 (

%IFNS%Tactics%IFNIF%BP%IFNIF%Stratagems.exe "%BWIPU%"\7z.exe x -y -o".\override" .\GBThfKp\_debug\impmaevar.7z

)

The error is: FINDSTR: Bad command line
The error occurs in the first line, findstr /I /M "GBTHFKP.TP2~.*#.*#0./" %ELOG%>nul && findstr /I /M %STAC%>nul
I have pinned it by using echo and numbers so I know it is some place between "findstr" and "nul".

Checking the other versions of BiG World Installpack again to see what I missed.

I would appreciate any help,

Tom

#118 Miksip

Miksip
  • 50 posts

Donator

Posted 22 November 2017 - 02:59 AM

@tomkaz

I found this line in process.bat

SET STAC="TacticMod" %SET%  

but there is no set stac for individual.bat.

So my guess would be that STAC is left from that file and can be safely removed.

#119 tomkaz

tomkaz
  • 992 posts

Donator

Posted 24 November 2017 - 11:57 AM

Thanks Miksip.

I will try that fix.  New problem.  Kaspersky removed the ability to temporarily stop it so you can play BGT.  Anyone know if this interferes with the game?

Thanks again,

Tom

#120 tomkaz

tomkaz
  • 992 posts

Donator

Posted 25 November 2017 - 05:18 PM

Hi All:

I got my mod game installed, almost.  Four errors to fix.

#1 From Baldur.err:  Session --------------------- ASSERTION FAILED!  File: ObjCreature.cpp  Line: 12249  Exp: FALSE  Msg: no msg.  Run Debugger?

If I knew how to Run Debugger, I would.  May be related to :

findstr /I /M "3D.Acceleration=1" baldur.ini
if not errorlevel 1 (
             Call %EINSTI% 1pp "114" "TYPE 1PP114_input.txt"
)

The baldur comes and goes.  This I will need help to fix.

#2 TB#QUEST is messed up.  A problem with Refinements.

#3 Refinements is messed up.  Problem with converting to an integer.

No problem before with TB#QUEST.  I think TB#QUEST #2 is messed up by Refinements which causes the problem.  I will drop Refinements and see if problem goes away.

#4 Pick Pocket by K_3Kradziej was messed up before.  Send an  email to K_3Kradziej.

Not all that bad.  Some lessons I learned.  If you are going to block out an indented line, use REM not :: .  Be careful with quotation marks with multiple component numbers.  Got me many times.

Tom