• Please log in to reply
153 replies to this topic

#121 tomkaz

tomkaz
  • 992 posts

Donator

Posted 25 November 2017 - 09:05 PM

Hi All:

In the post above, #2. #3 and #4 were reported having errors and not installed.  That was true for a few components.  In checking the WeiDU.log, all the components that were selected were installed.

A strange one.  In BGTTweaks, all the BG1 characters were installed although there were no instructions to do so.  Now if I can learn how to stop TobEX from crashing immediately after the window opens, life will be terrific.

Any help will be greatly appreciated,

TOM 

#122 Miloch

Miloch

Barbarian

• Modder
  • 6573 posts

Posted 25 November 2017 - 09:44 PM

Hey tomkaz. For the assertion failed ObjCreature bug, where did this occur? If it's in a particular area, can you run the Area CRE Debugger (I think it's called; I forget) in my signature to see which particular creature might be causing the issue?

Edit: this thing - I guess it shows up as "Creature Checker" in my signature.

Edited by Miloch, 25 November 2017 - 09:46 PM.

Infinity Engine Contributions
Aurora * BG1 NPC * BG1 Fixpack * Haiass * Infinity Animations * Level 1 NPCs * P5Tweaks
PnP Free Action * Thrown Hammers * Unique Containers * BG:EE * BGII:EE * IWD:EE
================================================================
Player & Modder Resources
BAM Batcher * Creature Lister * Creature Checker * Creature Fixer * Tutu/BGT Area Map & List * Tutu Mod List
"Infinity turns out to be the opposite of what people say it is. It is not 'that which has nothing beyond itself' that is infinite, but 'that which always has something beyond itself'." -Aristotle

#123 tomkaz

tomkaz
  • 992 posts

Donator

Posted 26 November 2017 - 08:18 AM

Hi Miloch:

Thanks for the advice.  I will do that right away.

Tom

#124 tomkaz

tomkaz
  • 992 posts

Donator

Posted 26 November 2017 - 10:39 AM

Hi Miloch:

If we were talking about nuclear material, I have the answer.  But when it comes to Infinity Engine games, I am afraid I am in the bottom of the class.

I started with a fresh game.  Copied the areatest folder (with all its files) and setup-areatest.exe to my BGII - SoA game folder.  Ran the setup-areatest.exe file.  Looked around and found Setup-AreaTest.debug.  Ran it in 'all' mode.  Looks all GREEK to me but I am sure it has a lot of good information.  Search the debug file for "error" and found one.  Here is the comment:

WARNING: parsing log [WeiDU.log]: Sys_error("WeiDU.log: No such file or directory").

Since I did not start the download, WeiDU would not have started the "WeiDU.log".  My questions:

1) Should I have started the install and let it run until the game was fully installed?  Then started the game and let it crash,  This only takes a few seconds.

2) Then run setup-areatest.exe?

3) Does the lack of any additional "errors" tell me there are no additional problems?

The information in the debug file all looks correct.

Thanks for the help,

TOM

#125 Miloch

Miloch

Barbarian

• Modder
  • 6573 posts

Posted 28 November 2017 - 03:57 AM

1) Should I have started the install and let it run until the game was fully installed?  Then started the game and let it crash,  This only takes a few seconds.

2) Then run setup-areatest.exe?

Yes and yes to those two, I'd say. It's been years since I ran it, but I designed it to take a specific area file (like AR0602 being the start area for BG2), and it will thus report any creature-crashing issues it finds in that area. If you don't do this, it might report on everything (I forget), which would be TMI (too much information).

ObjCreature crashes can be as stupid as someone having a shield with a two-handed weapon. It might be something else, but this might help narrow it down anyway.

Infinity Engine Contributions
Aurora * BG1 NPC * BG1 Fixpack * Haiass * Infinity Animations * Level 1 NPCs * P5Tweaks
PnP Free Action * Thrown Hammers * Unique Containers * BG:EE * BGII:EE * IWD:EE
Player & Modder Resources
BAM Batcher * Creature Lister * Creature Checker * Creature Fixer * Tutu/BGT Area Map & List * Tutu Mod List
"Infinity turns out to be the opposite of what people say it is. It is not 'that which has nothing beyond itself' that is infinite, but 'that which always has something beyond itself'." -Aristotle

#126 -GonFreecs-

-GonFreecs-

Posted 29 November 2017 - 05:28 AM

Hello Leonardo, 

First of all, thanks for your hard work. I can't even imagine how difficult it was to create such install tools, and how difficult it is to maintains it.

Now I stop the congrats  :lol2:

I've just performed a mega installation, and I've seen few issues (not sure if someone already warn you about them) :

1) BG Quest Encounters : I've select "FR EN" in installation options, but this mod was installed first in Italian.

So I've copied French files of the mod in the Italian directory, and re-do a new install, and the mod is now in French. So I suspect an issue on French language selection.

2) About Stone of Akavar, during installation, the prompt ask me again about language to use, between French & English. It guess it should not happened.

3) Another mod (I'm still trying to know which one) add a NPC on the road between Beregost and Nashkel, named Kessie or Jessie. And the NPC speaks in Deutsch, whereas I've selected "FR EN" in install options. How is it possible ?

I'm waiting for your answer  :new_thumbs:

#127 -Gon Freecs-

-Gon Freecs-

Posted 29 November 2017 - 02:43 PM

Hi again,

More details about my third issue.

The NPC is Kessy, and she is in the Beregost Road map.

Also a new issue, It just saw that the Ascalon Quest mod is also installed in deutsch, whereas on Kerzenburg (https://kerzenburg.b....eu/bwpmods.php), it's indicated that the mod is also in English.

#128 Roxanne

Roxanne

Modder

• 3564 posts

Posted 29 November 2017 - 02:57 PM

Hi again,

More details about my third issue.

The NPC is Kessy, and she is in the Beregost Road map.

Also a new issue, It just saw that the Ascalon Quest mod is also installed in deutsch, whereas on Kerzenburg (https://kerzenburg.b....eu/bwpmods.php), it's indicated that the mod is also in English.

It is the same mod, i.e. Kessy is part of Ascalon Quest mod - the mod is available in English (kind of). It is a little girl asking you to rescue her little rabbit,

The Sandrah Saga

another piece of *buggy, cheesy, unbalanced junk*

#129 jastey

jastey
  • Administrator
  • 3218 posts

Posted 30 November 2017 - 12:58 AM

Ascalon Quest mod - the mod is available in English (kind of).
Ascalon Questpack v2.01 from here has an official English version. If there are problems with it, please let me know.

#130 -Gon Freecs-

-Gon Freecs-

Posted 30 November 2017 - 01:05 AM

Hello, 

Thanks to both of you.

Indeed, the quest with Kessy was to save his rabbit, from Ascalons Quest mod.

I guess I've took the version which was suggested on Kerzenburg BWP mods page, which did not include english language.

So two question : 

Is this version (v2.01) compatible with Installpack v17 ?

Is I perform a reinstall with this version, can I use my current savegame ?

#131 The Imp

The Imp

Not good, see EVIL is better. You'll LIVE.

• 5150 posts

Posted 30 November 2017 - 01:17 AM

If I perform a reinstall with this version, can I use my current savegame ?
No.

Yep, Jarno Mikkola. my Mega Mod FAQ. Use of the BWS, and how to use it(scroll down that post a bit). 
OK, desert dweller, welcome to the sanity, you are free to search for the limit, it's out there, we drew it in the sand. Ouh, actually it was still snow then.. but anyways.

#132 tomkaz

tomkaz
  • 992 posts

Donator

Posted 02 January 2018 - 08:39 AM

Hi Leonardo:  Hi All:

Thanks for all the help.  I finally got a game I can play.  Here are some comments about what I did to make it work and some on what I did to make it not work.

1) There are 2 'findstr' statements that need to be fixed.  One is in section 7 (BG2 Quest Mods)  and the other is further down.  I forgot that one, but you will find it when the install fails.  Many findstr statements are skipped because they exceed the number of allowed characters.

2) The best help I found was the WEIDU.LOG in BiG World Project v17 English.pdf.

a)  If the component you want is not in that log, don't use it.

b)  Useful for choosing between two components that do the same thing or conflict with each other.

3) I forgot to turn Kaspersky off.  Kaspersky was very upset with a mod by The Bigg.  I think it was The Bigg Tweak Pack v2.61.  Kaspersky removed the 'malware' before I could find out what the problem was.  Used the same mod in previous games and never had an issue with it when Kaspersky was turned off.  I guess this was a Kaspersky error.

4) I had a problem in the 'Lighthiouse' area.  When I attempted to rest with the entire party (all 6) the game crashed.  The error is "An Assertion failed in CTiledObject.ccp at line number 244.  Programmer says: Tiled object resref not found.

5) I was using a logitech M310 mouse and Microsoft 1000 mouse.  The logitech M310 mouse was stalling and moving erratically.  Switch to the Microsoft 1000 mouse and the game movement was much better but not like it should be.  Well another one of my mistakes.  The dongles were plugged into the USB port in the back of my computer case.  Switched them to the front of the case and problem fixed.  I don't know what caused the interference as the distance from dongle to mouse changed from 30" to 15".

6) A few typos on my part.  This caused the loss of some components not to be installed.  Another one of my errors.

7) I have multiple bags.  Not a problem as you can always store them someplace.  But this time all the like bags are the same color.  For example all the Bag of Holdings are BLUE; all the Potion Cases are YELLOW; all the Scroll Cases are Brown; etc.  I cannot find a way to change colors like they were in all the other games I played.

8) Many of the hidden items that were in previous games are missing.  The places are still there, but the items are gone.  I do not really need them, but they were convenient to have.

Thanks again for all the help.  Hope these comments can help someone.  ~275 mods in the game.  Back to the game,

Tom

Edited by tomkaz, 02 January 2018 - 08:40 AM.

#133 The Imp

The Imp

• 5150 posts

Posted 02 January 2018 - 08:50 AM

7) I have multiple bags. Not a problem as you can always store them someplace. But this time all the like bags are the same color. For example all the Bag of Holdings are BLUE; all the Potion Cases are YELLOW; all the Scroll Cases are Brown; etc. I cannot find a way to change colors like they were in all the other games I played.

You probably had the bag mod installed then... download location.

789-1256458174-contain.jpg

8. Item Revision removes totally essential items from BG1 portion of the game... that's likely what happened to you. Or the Hard Times, or what was it that might do that too. Of course some of those items are too easy to find with the BG2 having the Tab key down... but that's life.

Edited by The Imp, 02 January 2018 - 08:55 AM.

Yep, Jarno Mikkola. my Mega Mod FAQ. Use of the BWS, and how to use it(scroll down that post a bit). 
OK, desert dweller, welcome to the sanity, you are free to search for the limit, it's out there, we drew it in the sand. Ouh, actually it was still snow then.. but anyways.

#134 tomkaz

tomkaz
  • 992 posts

Donator

Posted 02 January 2018 - 01:54 PM

Hi The Imp:

Did some checking.  Forgot to add Unique Containers from The Tweaks Anthology to my game.  So these components are OK.  This was also skipped by Leonardo in his BiG World Project v17 English.pdf WeiDU.log.

BP #0 #35 // Add Bags and Magic Throwing Daggers to Stores: v181-b4611 BWP Fix

BGTTWEAK #0 #1000 // Bags of the Sword Coast: 11 
BAGBONUS #0 #0 // Bonus Potion case and Ammo belt to Deidre's store: v1.0.4

I do not include Hard Times mod in my game.  So I will drop Item Revisions #0 since it is the only component that was used.

Well, out to shovel snow.  Then I will make a new game.

Thanks for the comments and help,

Tom  

#135 tomkaz

tomkaz
  • 992 posts

Donator

Posted 03 January 2018 - 06:24 PM

Hi All:

Back to the drawing board.  Tried to modify the game (my #6) discussed in Post 140.  Crashes when I tried to start a game.  Got the following error:

"An Assertion failed in ChDataTypes.ccp at line number 1591"

If anyone knows how to fix this, I would appreciate the answer. 

I suspect something in the following is the cause.  Game #6 is playable with a few minor errors.  Game #7 crashes immediately when I start a new game.  I just do not know what ccp stands for or  where it can be found.  The following are the differences in the two games.

Components that are in Game #6 but not in Game #7:

a)  1PP #0 #103 // 1ppv4: Extended pallette entries > Full install (recommended): v4.1.0 BWP Fix

b)  ITEM_REV #0 #0 // Item Revisions by Demivrgvs: V4 Beta 10

c)  ITEM_REV #0 #12 // Items of Protection Can Be Worn with Magical Armor: V4 Beta 10

d)  STRATAGEMS # #8040 // Increase difficulty of level-dependent monster groupings: Mildly increase difficulty: v30 BWP Fix

e)  STRATAGEMS # #8150 // Slightly Improved Watcher's Keep: v30 BWP Fix

Components that are in Game #7 but not in Game #6:

a)  BP #0 #1300 // Mae Var: v181-b4611 BWP Fix

b)  IMOENFRIENDSHIP # # // Imoen Friendship: 3.2

c)  CDTWEAKS #0 #182 // Unique Containers > Unique icons and names: v2

d)  STRATAGEMS # #5050 // Stackable ankhead shells, winterwolf pelts and wyvern heads: v30 BWP Fix

e)  STRATAGEMS # #5060 // Ensure Shar - Teel doesn't die in the original challenge: v30 BWP Fix

f)   The following were removed by Kaspersky from Game 6

1)  TB#TWEAKS #0 #100 // Natures Beauty Tweak.: TB#Tweaks, V2.61 BWP Fix

2)  TB#TWEAKS #0 #150 // Imprisonment FIx.: TB#Tweaks, V2.61 BWP Fix

3)  TB#TWEAKS #0 #200 // Flesh to Stone Fix.: TB#Tweaks, V2.61 BWP Fix

4)  TB#TWEAKS #0 #300 // Drop Weapons in Panic Effect Removal.: TB#Tweaks, V2.61 BWP Fix

5)  TB#TWEAKS #0 #1200 // More cheating Wishes: > Convenient Wish.: TB#Tweaks, V2.61 BWP Fix

Thanks for any help,

Tom

#136 The Imp

The Imp

• 5150 posts

Posted 03 January 2018 - 07:01 PM

I just do not know what ccp stands for or  where it can be found.

It's a file made during the simulation of the game... and removed when the game ends. Aka it's not a file you yourself can edit, so much as edit what's in the game data and thus what inserted into it during game play.

You might want to install the "a)  1PP #0 #103 // 1ppv4: Extended pallette entries > Full install (recommended): v4.1.0 BWP Fix" into your 7th game ... if you ask me...

Although this thread would say to not install 1PP... but what I think these two have in common is that the 1PP's component needs the 3d acceleration and correctly configured game (to run with OpenGL) ..

f)   The following were removed by Kaspersky from Game 6

That actually never happened, but what did happen is that the K removed your weidu.exe named as setup-tb#tweaks.exe ... which in turn prevents the BWP from installing the said components. NO DELETATION ever occured DURING mod installation, but mod extraction... which is a different thing, completely. 

Edited by The Imp, 03 January 2018 - 07:02 PM.

#137 tomkaz

tomkaz
  • 992 posts

Donator

Posted 03 January 2018 - 08:08 PM

Hi The Imp:

Thanks for all the information.  I wish I knew half as much about BGT as you do.

%MAC% = IF NOT EXIST BGConfig.exe

%NMAC% = IF EXIST BGConfig.exe

Therefore [%MAC% Call %EINSTI% 1pp "102" ] and [%NMAC% Call %EINSTI% 1pp "103" ] cannot install at the same time because BGconfig.exe cannot EXIST and NOT EXIST at the same time.  In the last game neither installed.  In the previous two games which were playable, 1pp"103" installed in both.

I guess the question is "How to ensure BGConfig.exe exists"?  I checked the game files and BGConfig.exe  is there.  Perhaps I needed to run BGConfig.exe before the game installed?  I wonder why 1pp "103" did not install.

Tomorrow I will try again after confirming individual.bat is correct and that BGConfig.exe is in the game.

By the way, Kaspersky is claiming there is a virus in another program.  It is new and from a trusted company.  I will need to call Kaspersky tomorrow and complain.

Thanks again,

Tom

#138 tomkaz

tomkaz
  • 992 posts

Donator

Posted 04 January 2018 - 08:22 AM

Hi The Imp:

Started a new game.  BGConfig was in the files.  Ran it than started the install.  BWP gives a list of components which will be installed and listed in WeiDU.log.  1pp "103" was included in that list.  So I feel I have a chance for a working game.  It should be install in ~5 hours.

Thanks again for tour help,

Tom

Hi ALL:

Game loaded.  Tried it and it works.  Bought PC Reviver.  After it cleaned up my computer, BGT loaded in 3.5 hours.  Before it would take 5 to 6 hours.

Tom

Edited by tomkaz, 04 January 2018 - 12:18 PM.

#139 tomkaz

tomkaz
  • 992 posts

Donator

Posted 05 January 2018 - 09:49 AM

Hi All:

Question about "individual.bat".  About 5 lines after %.%18. TWEAKS AND HLA-TABLES CHANGING MODS | %M% , there is the line findstr  /I /M "CITEM_Rev" %SET%>nul. Is CITEM correct?  Should it be ITEM?

Tom

#140 frostanon

frostanon
  • 1 posts

Posted 08 February 2018 - 12:23 PM

Would "NPC Strongholds" work with Big World?