• Please log in to reply
45 replies to this topic

#1 Lucythebeast

Lucythebeast

Chloe's bitch

• Modder
  • 593 posts

Posted 24 December 2003 - 03:19 PM

The latest patch is now out, just in time for the holidays.

Download it here.

Or download the full version at Mirror 1: here

Or the patch at Mirror 1: here.

If you have any version of Chloe already, just download the patch and it should work fine for you. After getting into your game, first tell Chloe that she looks strange (whether she does or not) and then drop her weapons on the ground and she will respawn the fixed versions. You are now ready to continue playing.

If you do not yet have Chloe, just download the full version, it's updated and you will not need the patch and will not need to do anything extra.

Here's a list of the fixes, found in the ChloeFaq.txt file:

Version 1.2 Fixes

- Fixed a bug in the Imoen-Chloe romance script that prevented the romance from continuing past the dialogues that required a camp

- Fixed a bug involved in the Tree of Life dialogue

- Fixed Chloe's # of attacks

- Fixed PC-Anomen Romance specific Chloe banter to only happen when the PC and Anomen are flirting.

- Fixed it so that Chloe will no longer have to put up with being force-talked and flirted with by people other than the PC. Chloe is especially happy about this one because of the annoying players that keep having Anomen tell her that she's pretty.

- Fixed the Chloe-PC compadibility check to only occur once. This should hopefully fix the issue involved with mind-flayers killing the PC-Chloe romance and making Chloe Imoen's plaything unintentionally. We think Imoen added this bug to begin with...

- Added Polish language option to Chloe, thanks to Neminus for translating.

- Updated Chloe to latest version of WeiDU *Currently v.144

Enjoy!

Save a vampire. Give blood.

#2 Khaishakt

Khaishakt
  • 3 posts

Posted 03 January 2004 - 11:55 AM

Is there a mirror for the patch? Everytime I got to 3Ddownloads, I not only have to wait forever to start downloading, but get bumped (e.g., I'll start out with 20 minutes before download with a queue of 82, drop down to maybe 14 minutes/27 people to go, and then find myself at 28/120). It just isn't worth the time.

I'll even volunteer to host the patch (but not the mod--not enough space for that). Email me at themrlee(at)hotmail.com if your interested having me host the 1.2 patch.

#3 -Deglorath-

-Deglorath-

Posted 03 January 2004 - 06:47 PM

I have to agree with Khaishakt, 3D is obscenely annoying, I for one can't get it to work properly, maybe it's because I'm on a 56k, but it will NOT refresh, I let it sit there for an hour one time and I come back, it hasn't changed!... Sorry for the rant, but you really need to find somewhere else, Sorcerers perhaps? Or your own site, eh? Just add and remove as you get them, I don't know much in the way of websites, but theres got to be somewhere else, or atleast somewhere more reliable, thats all for now.

Deg

"What else is new?"

#4 Lucythebeast

Lucythebeast

Chloe's bitch

• Modder
  • 593 posts

Posted 03 January 2004 - 08:05 PM

I can't host it on my site, I get crap for bandwidth. Two people downloaded my demo song on the same day and for the rest of the day the website was down because of it exceeding bandwidth. :blink: And the guy that hosts it as Mirror 1 is in Mexico for the weekend so I'll bug him about updating it when he gets back.

#5 Jolinar

Jolinar
  • 42 posts

Posted 06 January 2004 - 11:23 AM

Hi Lucy,
first I'd like to say that Chloe is a really great mod, I have her in my party almost every time since her initial release ( I posted her as guest and under another name about some bugs ;) ).

Now to what this post is really about... :D
1) I wondered why the German translation wasn't included in 1.2, since Chloé Watermade said she was almost finished with it in late November if I remember correctly.

2) I could provide you with a mirror for Chloe on my webspace if you like, I hardly use it ATM and it has traffic limit of 4GB, would that suffice ?

#6 Lucythebeast

Lucythebeast

Chloe's bitch

• Modder
  • 593 posts

Posted 06 January 2004 - 11:39 AM

The German version wasn't included because Ms. Chloé hasn't sent it to me yet and the fixes were ready and long overdue.

And apparently the Polish version isn't installing... but since I can't read Polish, I don't know what the problem is. It LOOKS like there are unrecognized characters in the .tra files... but I can't be sure. Sigh... what a time for Neminus to be MIA.

#7 -Alarich-

-Alarich-

Posted 06 January 2004 - 03:07 PM

Hi Lucy, I heard a lot of of good stuff about your mod - only thing is that I cant donwnload the new version at 3D - same problems as already listed above... :angry:
What a shame - I had such a nice lady bard created just for Chloe...

#8 -Guest-

-Guest-

Posted 06 January 2004 - 05:32 PM

Yah I just finally got the patch to download from 3D, took seconds to download, but I had to wait 5 and a half hours in queue before THAT :( because of the same problem listed.

#9 Lucythebeast

Lucythebeast

Chloe's bitch

• Modder
  • 593 posts

Posted 07 January 2004 - 07:59 PM

Ok check the first post, mirror 1 has been updated with the new files. :)

#10 Geoff the Barbarian

Geoff the Barbarian
  • 7 posts

Posted 08 January 2004 - 05:55 PM

Lucy,

Thanks for adding the mirror! :D

I tried four times over the last week to d/l the patch from 3D downloads and failed each time.

OTOH, I clicked the mirror site link, once, just now, and I had the patch in seconds. Much much better!

#11 -Drogue-

-Drogue-

Posted 21 January 2004 - 12:33 PM

This is probably a silly question, but I've just downloaded Chloe v 1.2, opened it up (it used WinAce) and extracted it, but I have no idea how to install it. I can't find a setup program, not a readme telling me. Have I missed something? :(

#12 Melisande

Melisande
  • 20 posts

Posted 21 January 2004 - 12:44 PM

WinAce is known to choke like that sometimes on newer RAR files. You'd likely have better luck with WinRar from www.rarlabs.com

To install the mod, what you'll need to do is extract the files into the directory you have BG2 installed in, and then double-click on that setup-Chloe file. Good luck. :)

#13 -Guest-

-Guest-

Posted 21 January 2004 - 01:03 PM

#14 Darkwind

Darkwind
  • 16 posts

Posted 10 February 2004 - 10:09 PM

Am I supposed to overwrite all these files? The patch seems to contain a lot of the files that already exist.

#15 Lucythebeast

Lucythebeast

Chloe's bitch

• Modder
  • 593 posts

Posted 11 February 2004 - 11:14 AM

The patch contains all the files that were modified since version 1.0 as it is designed to upgrade any version of Chloe to the current version. And yes, you should just have it go ahead and overwrite on all of them, since they're all Chloe files anyway. It would be quite a bother to figure out what files were updated from 1.1 to 1.2 and only overwrite those...

And of course all those files already existed. A patch is fixes to already existing files... the only added files are the polish translation files.

#16 Darkwind

Darkwind
  • 16 posts

Posted 11 February 2004 - 01:48 PM

ok thanks. seems obvious, but I just wanted to be sure.

#17 -Mod Player-

-Mod Player-

Posted 15 February 2004 - 08:13 PM

A query: My PCs cannot seem to engage Chloe in dialogue after she defeats the stone golem in Irenicus's air dungeon.

That is, where you first meet Chloe.

Why is this so and what can be done to remedy it?

#18 Lucythebeast

Lucythebeast

Chloe's bitch

• Modder
  • 593 posts

Posted 15 February 2004 - 08:33 PM

I don't know, Mod Player. It works for everyone else. Were you hiding in shadows when the golem went down? She starts talking to you the moment he dies so as long as you're within conversation distance and visible, she talks. If you're not... well then she's caught.

#19 Michel

Michel

Damn. I'm good!

• 1003 posts

Posted 29 February 2004 - 07:12 PM

Hi Lucy,

Do you want to add another mirror for Chloe? My site has most mods mirrored. I'd be happy to help you out. :-)

#20 Lucythebeast

Lucythebeast

Chloe's bitch

• Modder
  • 593 posts

Posted 29 February 2004 - 07:16 PM

Sure, the more the merrier.