Damn. I'm good!

• 1003 posts

Posted 29 February 2004 - 07:59 PM

Chloe Mod uploaded and can be found at: http://www.rpgtalk.c...2/bg2_index.htm
Located at page 4

#22 -D-Talyn-

-D-Talyn-

Posted 02 July 2004 - 11:24 PM

And when might we be expecting the next version to come out?

I love this mod, it's a great NPC, and I love the play she has with Immy, ofcourse, she has scared my character shitless before, but hell, thats Chloe for you. (Requisite brown-nosing achieved.) :blink:

#23 Lucythebeast

Lucythebeast

Chloe's bitch

• Modder
  • 593 posts

Posted 02 July 2004 - 11:36 PM

Version 1.3 will come out when at least one of the foreign language translations that are being worked on get sent to me. I've become convinced, though, that Chloé_Watermeade is hoarding the German translation for herself, as the last time she mentioned it (which was months ago) she said it was basically done and she was just going over it and making minor adjustments... ;) Feel free to bug her about it if you're waiting for a more German Chloe. ;) The French and Spanish translations are apparently still in progress so if you're waiting on those and you know who is working on them, feel free to bug them about it. :) Throw some croissant at them or something. haha

Save a vampire. Give blood.

#24 Graoumf

Graoumf
  • 594 posts

Posted 03 July 2004 - 12:07 AM

The French and Spanish translations are apparently still in progress so if you're waiting on those and you know who is working on them, feel free to bug them about it. :) Throw some croissant at them or something. haha

Mmmmmmm... I prefer chocolate-filled pastries but croissants will do nicely ! :P

Edited by Graoumf, 03 July 2004 - 12:07 AM.

#25 Seniyad

Seniyad
  • 3 posts

Posted 14 January 2005 - 09:12 AM

Will be ever a bigger update of Chloe?? More banters with Imoen :hug: or more love talks :wub: ... some new quest...some banters with other NPC mods..?? Some of this things will be great if someone done it... :rolleyes:
I think your mod is nearly best and I love Chloe...

#26 Lucythebeast

Lucythebeast

Chloe's bitch

• Modder
  • 593 posts

Posted 14 January 2005 - 02:15 PM

Erm... nope. Not unless someone else does it or if I ever get the time and motivation to do the Throne of Bhaal add-on. Any future updates to Chloe will be a bugfix upload that I should probably go ahead and get togther and upload, and then in the future when translations get finished I'll update then too.

#27 Zacrias

Zacrias
  • 6 posts

Posted 25 January 2005 - 02:35 AM

Just wanted to say a word of thanks for this work, its genuis ;) I laughed lots at the banters with Jan.

#28 Lucythebeast

Lucythebeast

Chloe's bitch

• Modder
  • 593 posts

Posted 25 January 2005 - 07:55 PM

Just wanted to say a word of thanks for this work, its genuis ;) I laughed lots at the banters with Jan.

View Post

You should see the banters with Minsc and Korgan, then. ;-)

#29 -Lurker-

-Lurker-

Posted 02 June 2005 - 12:29 AM

Just wanted to congratulate you for your work !
Chloe is probably one of the most original npc while still being well balanced and not overpowered, and it's a lot of fun to have her in the game !

Really too bad that the fixes for the weapons which can't cast their spells are delayed only because of lazy translators.
Maybe I should learn how to make a french translation then, just to have these fixes !

Anyway great work, your mod was tested here in case you didn't know :
http://www.sorcerers...?/forum/23.html

They put only 4/10 while saying they liked the mod... people are weird sometimes !
I'd give it a 7/10, because of the bugs with the weapons, the unusable item you get in the quest, and the lack for now of ToB portion, but it definetely deserves at least 7/10 !

#30 T.G.Maestro

T.G.Maestro

Eclipse

• 4415 posts

Posted 04 June 2005 - 10:51 PM

Anyway great work, your mod was tested here in case you didn't know :
http://www.sorcerers...?/forum/23.html

They put only 4/10 while saying they liked the mod... people are weird sometimes !

Sorry to say this Lurtker, but this review is fairly good. It sums up all the evident problems with this mod, and I say I couldn't agree more with the authoer of it. ;)
Posted Image

Refinements v2 has been released!
Go and visit the website or the forum for more info!

Member of The Silver Star team.

#31 Lucythebeast

Lucythebeast

Chloe's bitch

• Modder
  • 593 posts

Posted 05 June 2005 - 04:14 AM

Considering that I made this mod when at the time the only other romance mods completed were Kelsey, Tashia, and Solaufein, I don't think I did that bad a job. Especially since the project was stopped and restarted three times because the people that were going to code it were quitting on me. And I had like 5 beta-testers, and none of them noticed the weapons weren't working correctly. In fact, it wasn't even mentioned on the forums until about six months ago, I believe. I get the feeling that this reviewer didn't use many different party combinations in his testing though if he felt the mod wasn't very humorous. I rather think her dialogues with Korgan, Minsc, Haer'dalis, Jan, and Anomen are rather humorous... I know I'm biased, but they had to have given some other people chuckles...

The bit about the low amount of voicing isn't really my fault. Wynne disappeared when the voicing was only half complete and the voice actress that was going to re-voice the mod and all the dialogues that weren't voiced promply disappeared before work started on the voicing. Given that she was the only interest I received the last time I asked about a voice actress, I didn't bother trying again.

Oh well, I did my best. I sometimes wonder why I bothered, though.

#32 Thorium Dragon

Thorium Dragon

Hard at work...

• Modder
  • 408 posts

Posted 05 June 2005 - 05:21 AM

Considering that I made this mod when at the time the only other romance mods completed were Kelsey, Tashia, and Solaufein, I don't think I did that bad a job. Especially since the project was stopped and restarted three times because the people that were going to code it were quitting on me. And I had like 5 beta-testers, and none of them noticed the weapons weren't working correctly. In fact, it wasn't even mentioned on the forums until about six months ago, I believe.  I get the feeling that this reviewer didn't use many different party combinations in his testing though if he felt the mod wasn't very humorous. I rather think her dialogues with Korgan, Minsc, Haer'dalis, Jan, and Anomen are rather humorous... I know I'm biased, but they had to have given some other people chuckles...

The bit about the low amount of voicing isn't really my fault. Wynne disappeared when the voicing was only half complete and the voice actress that was going to re-voice the mod and all the dialogues that weren't voiced promply disappeared before work started on the voicing. Given that she was the only interest I received the last time I asked about a voice actress, I didn't bother trying again.

Oh well, I did my best. I sometimes wonder why I bothered, though.

You don't have to make excuses. There's a reason one person's opinion is called "my 2 cents", because that's about what it's worth. I know a little about negative criticism, if not outright whining. Trust me- you can't take any of it too seriously. And never serious enough to let yourself get discouraged.

You created something, you enjoyed the process (I assume), and you enjoyed the result. That would make your mod a success in my book.

Mod in Progress: Valen Expansion

#33 T.G.Maestro

T.G.Maestro

Eclipse

• 4415 posts

Posted 05 June 2005 - 07:17 AM

You don't have to make excuses. There's a reason one person's opinion is called "my 2 cents", because that's about what it's worth. I know a little about negative criticism, if not outright whining. Trust me- you can't take any of it too seriously. And never serious enough to let yourself get discouraged.

You created something, you enjoyed the process (I assume), and you enjoyed the result. That would make your mod a success in my book.

Despite my current opinion on things about Chloe, I completely agree with these words. Chloe has GREAT potential in it, that is why I keep visiting these thread again and again to see how things are going with the mod.
Posted Image

Refinements v2 has been released!
Go and visit the website or the forum for more info!

Member of The Silver Star team.

#34 Graoumf

Graoumf
  • 594 posts

Posted 05 June 2005 - 11:45 AM

I rather think her dialogues with Korgan, Minsc, Haer'dalis, Jan, and Anomen are rather humorous... I know I'm biased, but they had to have given some other people chuckles...

Yep ! I can tell you that Floss, who is correcting / translating banters in french, doesn't stop laughing his head off, specially Korgan^^.

#35 -Lurker-

-Lurker-

Posted 05 June 2005 - 11:00 PM

Yes for some reason people are often more receiptive to bad criticism, than to praise, I wonder why. There are lots of free projects on the net which already stopped only because of a few bad critics when lots of people enjoyed this work.
So don't listen to the bad part too much, the fact that you still get so many posts in this forum shows that this mod was good, don't forget it !

Now my next worry about this is that I learned that chloe might leave the party just before hell, just because she is a neutral character... I find this is not a very good reason : before hell if I remember correctly, Irenicus has become a real danger for the whole world of the game, so everyone is concerned, good, bad, or neutral. So she can't leave the party at this critical time just because her life will be in danger. Just my opinion about it, but I might be saved by the Imoen romance anyway (thanks to the barter acceleration thing)...

#36 Vita Muerte

Vita Muerte

BG2 Addict

• 80 posts

Posted 06 June 2005 - 02:27 AM

Being a neutral character has nothing to do with Chloe's choice to leave the party before confronting Irenicus at the ToL. Unless of course a.) you pissed her off, b.) she's doesn't find you interesting enough, or c.) she's not romancing <CHARNAME> or Imoen.

I do agree that it'd be a shame if the TOB portion is not completed, simply because some deem the project 'not up to their standards.' There are some of us that genuinely enjoyed the mod. ;)

#37 Lucythebeast

Lucythebeast

Chloe's bitch

• Modder
  • 593 posts

Posted 06 June 2005 - 03:49 AM

Chloe only leaves the party at the Tree of Life dialogue if all of these are true: 1. She is not in a romance with the PC 2. She is not in a romance with Imoen 3. She does not like the PC very much based on his/her personality (those GTKU dialogues determine how much Chloe likes you, not just for romance but also for friendship).

If Chloe doesn't like you very much and you've kicked your poor sister to the curb, she won't die for you. Every character would know right before confronting Irenicus that the likelihood of them surviving was very small, so it's not like a regular fight. It's one where "I'll be damned lucky if I don't die." Her decision on whether to remain with you or not has very little to do with her alignment and has far more to do with her fear of death, because she's afraid that instead of going to some afterlife like everyone else running around, that her "essence" or whatever will simply be reabsorbed by Akadi and no longer exist.

I also wonder why the reviewer was so upset about the music playing during the dialogues. I can't speak for the mods that have come out side then, but all the romance mods before Chloe had music, and while in production people were posting all the time wanting to make sure the mod would have music and that it would be good/appropriate. Suggestions were even made. I likely would have upset quite a number of people if I had said "No music!" *shrugs*

Anyway, I'm glad at least some people enjoyed the mod. I know it wasn't perfect, but in some places I was trying to compensate for things that I was frustrated about in the gaming experience, such as how silent the Bioware npcs tend to be when quests and such come up. I don't know about the rest of you, but when something important like that comes up, I don't expect all my party members to be somewhere behind me with their heads bowed submissively and keeping their mouths shut. I expect at least one of them to say "We shouldn't do that quest, it wouldn't be nice!" or "Oh we simply have to do this quest, we would never forgive ourselves if we don't!" or... something. I don't care what, but if I'm playing a game with pre-made npcs that have dialogues, I don't want them to feel like they're just there to keep me alive in the game. I want them to feel to me like they are alive as well, and have opinions. I also made sure that Chloe didn't always give sound advice, I had her give advice based on her perceptions and did my best not to use my knowledge of what the outcome would be to color it. So yes, she advices you to kill Aerie the ogre, because who would tell you "Hey, let's give this ogre a sword!"

I also don't think I had her speaking like her stats were higher than they were. What that reviewer may not realize is that a 10 is considered an average stat. So for intelligence, that would be saying with a 10 int score, you're of average intelligence. A "100 IQ" if you put much stock in that. I do believe a 15 int is considered genius or damn close. 18 would then definitely be a genius, maybe even a "super-genius". A 12 intelligence is above average. I can't remember if I lowered her wisdom to 10 or lower, I think I considered it but might not have for a mechanics reason, so I won't comment on wisdom. As for her charisma, 14 is beyond cute. 10 is average. 12 is probably "girl next door cute" 14 has to be somewhere in the "damn, she looks pretty good" area. She may not cause jaws to drop and tongues to flop out and drool pools to form, but she's attractive, and draws at least some attention. I think the attitudes of the npcs are fairly appropriate to that, they don't act like she's the gods' gift to mortal eyes everywhere, but they do admit she's attractive, at least until she opens her mouth and starts annoying people.

Does Chloe hate men? No, she's just not attracted to them. She gets along very well with Minsc. She gets along well enough with Haer'dalis when he's not being flirtatious. I'd even go so far as to say she likes him (just not in "that way"). She actually gets along very well with Keldorn, I didn't take the "paladin hates her because she's not lawful good" approach, I took the "he doesn't like her attitude but he's moderately accepting of it and tries to be a good example to her and lead her towards the right path" approach. He even realizes he can stand to learn some things from her as well. I wouldn't say she doesn't like Cernd either... but she was very offended when he tried to abandon his baby to adventure after just finding the child. And let's face it... nobody likes Edwin. haha Except Edwin. I wouldn't say she dislikes Yoshimo (before the betrayal) either, she just thinks he's too boasty for his profession. It has nothing to do with his gender.

I would think, though, that people would recognize that Chloe tends to talk real tough to hide her insecurities and vulnerablities... I know that it would have been more apparent in the Throne of Bhaal portion, but still, it shouldn't have been too difficult to spot in SoA. She's a defensive person, and she hates that she has limitations. She's a perfectionist and when she falls short, she's frustrated and does her best to hide her weaknesses from others.

Anyway, I've been blabbing too long.

#38 -Lurker-

-Lurker-

Posted 06 June 2005 - 07:34 AM

Thanks for the info about hell, I feel more confident now ! :)
And thanks for all the details about Chloe after this, it was very informative, and it shows the amount of work you have put in this mod... thanks again for all this !

#39 -Meneldil-

-Meneldil-

Posted 10 June 2005 - 09:04 AM

Well, apparently, the french version kinda died. This is quite shameful as this character sounded really great.

I might give it a try even though it's an english version (if it does work with another language)

#40 Graoumf

Graoumf
  • 594 posts

Posted 10 June 2005 - 09:31 AM

Well, apparently, the french version kinda died. This is quite shameful as this character sounded really great.

How can you say that ? Do you know anything about that ? Which are your sources ? :blink:
Well I'm the coordinator for the french team who translate this mod and I can say that the translation is still in progress : besides, if you want to help us, contact mo by mp.

Edited by Graoumf, 10 June 2005 - 02:21 PM.