CtB-EE v2.2 for BG2EE/EET and BG2/ToB/BGT

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 weigo

weigo
  • Modder
  • 116 posts

Posted 09 June 2018 - 11:12 PM

First of all a big thanks for the author Charles Bisson and all the people who made this great mod possible.

A lot of work was done by Ikki (who made a brilliant job to make the mod compatible with EE, without his preliminary work it would have been hard for me to finish it) and by Roxanne, who helped me by difficult problems.

My work was to merge both version into one mod.

I also added the components CtB-Chores and the fast forward mod by hlid. The Thetyr Forest patch is still included in the main component (A big thanks to White Agnus).

One small thing with the chores.

The chores don't start in the cage in irenicus dungeon anymore. They will start a few moments later in the library north of the starting room in the dungeon. Sorry for the change, but the starting script ar0602.bcs is so difficult to mod and every version BG2, BG2EE, BGT and EET have different script lines. It was not possible to make it compatible with every version. Also for future patches, the risk to brake the code is very high.

I would have thought it a pity, if the chores wouldn't be part of CtB.

https://github.com/w...hive/master.zip

Edited by weigo, 10 June 2018 - 05:36 AM.

Modification:

BP-BGT-Worldmap-v6.6 (Download)

#2 Lava Del'Vortel

Lava Del'Vortel

Fiction Enforcer

• Modder
  • 2241 posts

Posted 09 June 2018 - 11:49 PM

Why don't you upload it in CtB section found at SHS download? :)

#3 jastey

jastey
  • Staff
  • 1250 posts

Posted 10 June 2018 - 01:32 AM

I'm not sure weigo has the rights? But we could do that for you, weigo.

#4 The Imp

The Imp

Not good, see EVIL is better. You'll LIVE.

• 4595 posts

Posted 10 June 2018 - 10:15 AM

I'm not sure weigo has the rights? But we could do that for you, weigo.
That would be sweet, the reason why is the obvious, less downloads from github, the less it takes to download everything (from github, should it be said, the BWS can download multiple mods from multiple sources, but only one from one source, so github having most is bad.).
PS, the master from a github is not actually a finished mod, it's just a compilation of a current build. What that means is that the archive doesn't have the correct structure.  .exe and modname -folder are in the "master" folder, not the archive root, and also it has no set download size, which means the BWS might need to download it multiple times during multiple starts... wrongly commented weidu.exe version flag, it's definitely not "Initial release" .. or v1.14 or v3.1 . But a v24500 or something to that effect.

Yep, Jarno Mikkola. my Mega Mod FAQ. Use of the BWS, and how to use it(scroll down that post a bit). 
OK, desert dweller, welcome to the sanity, you are free to search for the limit, it's out there, we drew it in the sand. Ouh, actually it was still snow then.. but anyways.