16 HUNDREDS GUYS

It's not a small amount.

#2 Azazello

Azazello

The Anti-Spammer

• Staff
  • 1912 posts

Posted 20 March 2013 - 08:23 AM

The 'Restored Sounds' component 'sounds' {oops!} intriguing... Give us some background on it, how you came up with the idea, and an example or two of what it updates & extends.

#3 Almateria

Almateria

most garbage person

• Modder
  • 969 posts

Posted 20 March 2013 - 08:34 AM

Right! I'm on it. [I'm terrible at writing readmes, I'm really sorrry]

I came up with the idea after I noticed that Goldander Blackenrock had extra unused lines which clearly fitted into such roles as battle cries, SELECT_COMMONs and such. After running a few more checks, it appeared that almost all generic soundsets had unused DAMAGE and DYING sounds. Almost all more important named characters also had a morale break sound. All of them were unused, sometimes the morale break sound was assigned as UNHAPPY_BREAKING_POINT. So I decided to spent 20 hours on assigning them back.

For example, gnomes using the GNOMEX0X soundset had all their normal meeting and battle cries, but the damaged, dying and morale break sounds weren't assigned to the characters using that particular set's SELECT_COMMON1 line. So I fixed it, and all the similar situations. Morale break sound wasn't used often, it was mostly included in soundsets of named characters, such as Lady Delcia, Maria or other. The largest number of sounds restored for a character is 10 for Goldander, with Isaea Roenall with 9 of them in the second place.

#4 Kulyok

Kulyok
  • Modder
  • 2450 posts

Posted 20 March 2013 - 08:41 AM

Congrats! Added to the modlist.

#5 Almateria

Almateria

most garbage person

• Modder
  • 969 posts

Posted 20 March 2013 - 08:52 AM

Oh my god, I'm an official B-list modder and there's nowhere to go but up. Thanks!

The A-list is the BWP (But I really appreciate it!)

Edited by Almateria, 20 March 2013 - 08:53 AM.

#6 Almateria

Almateria

most garbage person

• Modder
  • 969 posts

Posted 21 March 2013 - 04:32 AM

My testing is not up to the standard and it took me a whole day to realize that the third component couldn't be installed using English language. Fixed now!

#7 Yovaneth

Yovaneth

The newly-appointed Master Builder of Baldur's Gate

• Modder
  • 3058 posts

Posted 21 March 2013 - 11:30 AM

Downloaded!

-Y-

#8 Maanape

Maanape
  • 32 posts

Posted 23 March 2013 - 09:27 AM

I love mods that aim to restore original content instead of adding new ones, specially when doing so doesn't mean departing from ad&d 2ed to include d&d 3.5ed mechanics. I'd like to know how this interacts with BGT, and if it restores any BG1 character's sounds too.

Edited by Maanape, 23 March 2013 - 12:37 PM.

#9 Almateria

Almateria

most garbage person

• Modder
  • 969 posts

Posted 23 March 2013 - 01:59 PM

That is a p. good question that I don't know the answer to! It depends on how BGT handles string assignation, that is, if the BG1 strings are glued to the BG2 dialog.tlk file. If yes, then it doesn't restore BG1 stuff, since the mod doesn't do any fancy string comparison, it just assigns sounds to characters using specific lines. There probably is a much more sophisticated way of doing that but I'm not good enough to do that.

e: And if not, the same strings in BG2 probably have a way different number in BG1.

Edited by Almateria, 23 March 2013 - 02:03 PM.

#10 Smiling Imp

Smiling Imp
  • 156 posts

Posted 26 March 2013 - 07:46 AM

Nice job! If there was one thing missing from Baldur's Gate, it was more people crying out in agony as they met a gruesome demise ala Golden Axe. :new_thumbs:

Edited by Smiling Imp, 26 March 2013 - 07:46 AM.

Baldur's Gate 1 NPCs in SoA & ToB

http://www.baldursga...downfile&id=177

Forum:

http://www.baldursga...php?board=133.0

Smiling Imp Cross Banter Mod

http://www.baldursga...a=view;down=196

ZELINK (Zelda x Link) mod for Baldur's Gate 2 SOA

http://archive04.fil...3b/n/ZELINK.ace

#11 Almateria

Almateria

most garbage person

• Modder
  • 969 posts

Posted 26 March 2013 - 08:20 AM

I feel like a Nexus modder now. Thanks?!

#12 Maanape

Maanape
  • 32 posts

Posted 26 March 2013 - 04:59 PM

I'm trying your mod with BGT. But it seems to place a shadow cloack in every randomly spawned foe (all the xvarts and gnolls in Gnoll Stronghold have one). Actually, there's a line in rndtreas.2da called "shadowy" which may be the culprit. Should I simply delete this line, or is it intended to interact with something later in BG2?

#13 Almateria

Almateria

most garbage person

• Modder
  • 969 posts

Posted 27 March 2013 - 05:43 AM

I screwed up :( I didn't think of the possiblity of other mods adding lines to rndtreas.2da (which is pretty stupid now that I think of it). If you remove the line from nrdtreas.2da in the override folder manually and install the ARP BGT Fixer I uploaded everything will be correct and no bugs will appear later.

#14 Almateria

Almateria

most garbage person

• Modder
  • 969 posts

Posted 27 March 2013 - 05:59 AM

Also I'm implementing a better way of handling this as I post.

Edited by Almateria, 27 March 2013 - 05:59 AM.

#15 Almateria

Almateria

most garbage person

• Modder
  • 969 posts

Posted 27 March 2013 - 07:20 AM

And a version that doesn't produce the same bug is now live!

#16 -Guest-

-Guest-

Posted 28 March 2013 - 03:05 AM

How compatible is this with a BWP installation?

#17 Almateria

Almateria

most garbage person

• Modder
  • 969 posts

Posted 28 March 2013 - 04:06 AM

emot-iiam.gif

It should be very compatible, since nothing that's added or modified can screw with anything else. At least, now with version 1.2, the previous versions did that terrible bug.

#18 -Guest-

-Guest-

Posted 28 March 2013 - 04:21 AM

Thanks, I'll try it out.

#19 -Gast-

-Gast-

Posted 28 March 2013 - 08:00 AM

Hello, Almateria!

I played Almateria's Enhanced Small Locations/Places with this german translation: 

@100 = ~Aran Linvails Garderobe wird jetzt dem Ort gerecht.~

@101 = ~Einer der Umhänge, die von den Schattendieben getragen werden, wenn sie besonders schattenhaft daher kommen wollen. Fraglos der eleganteste Umhang, den ihr je zu Gesicht bekamt.~
@200 = ~'Wiederbelebtes' Zelt in Handelstreff.~
@300 = ~Kiser haelt jetzt ein Gaestezimmer vor.~

All went fine. So Kiser is doubled, when you split your party in his home. I sent Jan to investigate the new room. So he and the rest of the party are standing in front of a Kiser. Nothing of importance, but I like to tell you.

I have not made an installation with your Almateria's Restoration Project, but this should work:
@100 = ~Bettet neu zugaengliche Raeume in das Spiel ein.~
@101 = ~Einer der Umhänge, die von den Schattendieben getragen werden, wenn sie besonders schattenhaft daher kommen wollen. Fraglos der eleganteste Umhang, den ihr je zu Gesicht bekamt - und bis an das Ende eurer Tage wohl je schauen werdet.~
@200 = ~Bindet vergessene Charaktere ein.~
@300 = ~Restaurierte Sounds~
@400 = ~In Reihe gebrachte polnische Sprachdateien.~

#20 Almateria

Almateria

most garbage person

• Modder
  • 969 posts

Posted 28 March 2013 - 10:22 AM

All went fine. So Kiser is doubled, when you split your party in his home. I sent Jan to investigate the new room.

Kiser is like that security guard in a mall that thinks you're going to steal something just because you wear a hoodie or a set of armor. He's going to keep an eye on you. Technically it shouldn't add any bugs, but because I thought I removed that bug earlier, I double-checked, and apparently I forgot to change an area name in the .tp2 which also stopped Becky and Diane from appearing. Christ, the bug pile doesn't stop from getting taller. The new version got uploaded.

Also thank you for the translation!

Is "sounds" really "sounds" in German? That's craaaazy