project infinity PI mod mods install

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Endarire

Endarire
  • 216 posts

Posted 23 February 2020 - 12:20 AM

Intro
I'm generally new to Infinity Engine modding.  I've never made a mod and rarely installed any.  I used Big World Setup (BWS) for awhile, but got annoyed when certain mods which seemed compatible mysteriously conflicted or didn't reliably install, and turned to PI as a means of getting more mods.  I've beaten BGEE, BGIIEE, IWDEE, and PS:T.  I've played the first third or so of IWDII.

This is also my last serious attempt at getting EET and its mods working before we move onto other games.

Goals
A few months ago, I felt inspired to research mods for a family game of BGEE with the Item Randomizer which led to more and more mods being added.  My attitude has been, "Add every mod we can!"  I'm also the only one of the three of us who will directly be working on making and maintaining this mod list.

(Don't worry about networked/online multiplayer.  We'll do this on a single Windows 10 machine and take turns controlling things as prudent if it comes to that.)

Ultimately, we want to enjoy ourselves and want this process to be handled as efficiently as practical!

Intended Main Party
-Female Elf Druid/Sorcerer (via Faiths & Powers and Tome & Blood): Main character.  Also has an Animal Companion from the AnimalCompanions mod.  Summoner, blaster, utilitarian, and versatile character.

-Male Human Fighter/Cleric (via some mod to allow every race to be every class combo, including single/dual/multi).  Backup is full Cleric, preferably of Lathander.  Party's main healer.

-Male Seducer (Thief Kit via the Seducer Mod): Race TBA.  Think 'mind controller of anything.'  Yes, 'anything.'

These NPCs will probably feature prominently in our party and will be swapped as seems fun and prudent to us:
-Sarevok

-Edwin

-Imoen?

-Minsc?

-Aura the Gnome Artificer (Thief Kit)/Illusionist

-Baeloth the Drow Sorcerer

-Foundling the Elf Shadow Mage/Thief

-Possibly others.

Current Settings
We use the newest compatible version of every mod on this list to my knowledge, and the latest version of Project Infinity (0.7.11 as of this writing).

We use the GOG versions of BGEE, SoD, and BGIIEE.  (I got tired of working with the Steam versions which I also own.)

On my machine, F:\BGEE has BGEE and SoD.  F:\BG2EE has BGIIEE.  I assumed EET was meant to install to F:\BG2EE, but perhaps it should install elsewhere.  (I'm taking suggestions.)

We're playing in English using Windows 10 64-bit.

We'll be using Sword Coast Stratagems, but not playing on Legacy of Bhaal.

Mod List
The most current PI list I assembled is here as of Jan 24, 2020.  (I know certain mods have been updated since then and I'm amidst handling those.  Still, make notes on whatever mods and options you believe should be edited on this list!)

Note that any line starting with # (hashtag/pound sign/number symbol) is a comment and will be ignored by PI and Weidu.

This mod install order was heavily inspired by subtledoctor's.

Install Log (Error Log?)
Attached due to its length.

I noticed while stuff was installing that, in general, BGIIEE and EET weren't recognized by the installers, and, thus, many mods didn't install.

Thus...

What should be done to make this stuff work?  I'm pretty sure there's a misplaced directory somewhere, and maybe certain mods or components should be installed in a notably different order.

I've talked with Etharil from the modding community and his PI mod list (also attached) worked with minimal errors.  Gwaihir from Gibberlings3 said that he uses about half the mod count I do and has minimal problems.

Finally for Now
Thankee for your assistance!

Attached Files

Edited by Endarire, 23 February 2020 - 02:04 AM.

#2 ALIEN

ALIEN
  • Modder
  • 983 posts

Posted 23 February 2020 - 06:57 AM

#[F:\BGEE\\setup-EET.exe] WeiDU version 24600
#Using Language [English]
#Using .\lang\en_us\dialog.tlk
#SKIPPING: [EET core (resource importation)]
#	Please install it on BG2:EE engine

@Endarine It seems that you started installation with BG1SoD as selected game.

Project Infinity public BETA - mod manager for Infinity Engine games

Infinity Auto Packager - automatically generate and adds mod packages to GitHub release

Modder's Guide to GitHub - you cannot have progress without committing changes

#3 Gwendolyne

Gwendolyne
  • Administrator
  • 1016 posts

Posted 23 February 2020 - 08:16 AM

Topic moved to its proper section.

CARPE DIEM ....

In progress : Menace sur le Royaume de Diamant Éternel there.

#4 Endarire

Endarire
  • 216 posts

Posted 23 February 2020 - 06:05 PM

How to set the target game(s) correctly?

#5 ALIEN

ALIEN
  • Modder
  • 983 posts

Posted 26 February 2020 - 03:10 AM

Hi,

please see official thread: https://forums.beamd...beta-for-all/p1, especially you want to read "How to use" section and FAQ about "How to install EET"

Edited by ALIEN, 26 February 2020 - 03:11 AM.

Project Infinity public BETA - mod manager for Infinity Engine games

Infinity Auto Packager - automatically generate and adds mod packages to GitHub release

Modder's Guide to GitHub - you cannot have progress without committing changes

#6 Endarire

Endarire
  • 216 posts

Posted 27 February 2020 - 08:19 PM

@Alien
Thankee!

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: project infinity, PI, mod, mods, install