BWP v19 released

• Please log in to reply
127 replies to this topic

#101 Darpaek

Darpaek
  • 363 posts

Donator

Posted 20 July 2021 - 12:52 PM

Sorry, I'm dumb.  It's been awhile since I modded BG and I downloaded the 19.2 Installpack, Fixpack, and English Textpack, but am I missing a setup file?  I'm currently downloading all mods with the Installpack (even though I don't want them all), but Big World used to have this awesome setup file where I could select all the options I wanted and then it downloaded and installed.  

Am I doing it wrong?  Is there a "For Dummies" Installguide?  I have the big PDF, but it references things like playing other people's compilations, that I just don't see.

#102 Avalon

Avalon
  • 17 posts

Posted 28 July 2021 - 09:36 AM

Hi Leonardo,

die Mod imnesvale-v2.1 (D's Odd Quest Mod v1) has wrong Language Nr. in tra.txt. I installed BWP in English and chose GE and EN. But the text is in some undefined symbols. The language is  installed in russian instead of english or german.

https://www.baldurs-...-2#post-1092688

#103 Darpaek

Darpaek
  • 363 posts

Donator

Posted 01 August 2021 - 04:37 PM

I was able to fix the ERROR: Sys_error("weidu_external/lib/lib_ini.tpa: No such file or directory") I was getting installing SmilingImpCrossmod by renaming my 'Baldur's Gate 2' (GOG) folder to 'BGII - SOA'

Still can't get Wheels to install correctly.

Edited by Darpaek, 01 August 2021 - 04:38 PM.

#104 Darpaek

Darpaek
  • 363 posts

Donator

Posted 01 August 2021 - 07:08 PM

I got Wheels to install with the Weidu 247 amd64 version.  I tried the x86 Win10 version and it didn't work.

Edited by Darpaek, 01 August 2021 - 07:10 PM.

#105 Darpaek

Darpaek
  • 363 posts

Donator

Posted 06 August 2021 - 03:36 AM

I believe line 2404 of individual.bat should be referring to cdtweaks 2240 and not 2040.

#106 Darpaek

Darpaek
  • 363 posts

Donator

Posted 07 August 2021 - 11:48 AM

The 3 preset compilation (Februarius) crashes after installing atweaks 324 (Icewind Dale Dimension Door).

It looks like there's just a missing parenthesis somewhere.

Attached Images

• Capture.PNG

#107 Darpaek

Darpaek
  • 363 posts

Donator

Posted 07 August 2021 - 02:13 PM

Removed the offending section of compilation.bat and completed the Februarius install.  The closer bat files nulled out half my dialogue.tlk again.

Individual.bat calls for BP_Ascension, but downloads Ascension.  Individual then checks for Ascension (downloaded but not installed by the previous line) and installs Turnabout.  Compilation doesn't install Ascension at all, but installs Turnabout.  

Auren Aseph installs with errors.  She needs a copy of oggdec.exe in her audio folder.

Edited by Darpaek, 07 August 2021 - 09:59 PM.

#108 jastey

jastey
  • Administrator
  • 3218 posts

Posted 07 August 2021 - 10:41 PM

Auren Aseph installs with errors.  She needs a copy of oggdec.exe in her audio folder.

It should have one, if you downloaded the (windows) .exe package. :huh:

#109 Darpaek

Darpaek
  • 363 posts

Donator

Posted 07 August 2021 - 11:07 PM

Who knows where the BWP download gets it from?  I promise, the index.html@do=download&r=4338&confirm=1 -O AurenAseph-master.zip BWP downloaded for me didn't have oggdec in the zip.

Edited by Darpaek, 07 August 2021 - 11:07 PM.

#110 jastey

jastey
  • Administrator
  • 3218 posts

Posted 08 August 2021 - 03:29 AM

That's a good question, because "xxx-master.zip" sounds like a GitHub download and that would be at G3 where there's an oggdec.exe in the audio folder:

https://github.com/G...urenaseph/audio

Leonardo Watson, in case your BWP downloads masters from GitHub, please change this to tagged releases - masters can be unstable depending on the development state the mod is in.

(EDIT: and also, please download the official mod vrsions, but so far I assumed this is the case).

Edited by jastey, 08 August 2021 - 03:30 AM.

#111 Darpaek

Darpaek
  • 363 posts

Donator

Posted 08 August 2021 - 10:59 AM

Just to confirm replicated closer problems, I built a megamod stripped down to the required, NPC, quest mods, Imoen4Ever, and cdtweaks and the closers.  Half my dialogue.tlk nulled itself again.

I built the same megamod, but I commented out closer from individual.bat and manually installed from 20.14 BGT GUI through LOLFixer using the instructions exactly from BiG World Project v19.2 English.pdf.  No problems.  My dialogue.tlk is intact and all the mod NPCs speak.

#112 Sebastian

Sebastian
  • 65 posts

Posted 20 October 2021 - 01:55 PM

I’ve begun a new Big World Installation. I figured I may as well post what problems I ran into while installing the beast, and how I got past them. I know the downloader and installer will run into problem as download links change or become obsolete, but I figured I’d post my experience so anyone else trying a Big World install can use this post as a reference if they need to. This won’t include ALL the minor components that didn’t install for whatever reason - arcane archer kit is an old problem for example, and whatever ever is Herthimoney?

But it does cover the big things that made my Big World Install.bat halt in its tracks (and a good thing it did).

Problem #1 – Vlad’s Compilation: The Baldurdash Core Fixes by Kevin Dorner component of Vlad’s Compilaton (VCV21 #2) produces a parse error for AR0702.bcs. Solution: I let the Install.bat hang there and ran Setup-BDToBv175 and installed the component that way, which worked without problems. Then I went back to the Install.bat and let it resume. Everything went fine afterwards, including the rest of VC and NEJ3 latest version.

Problem #2 - BGT: The BGT-Trilogy-master file that the installer downloads from github is broken – unexpected end of data error, it creates an almost empty folder that gives “Install missing string @10000 messages” when Install.bat tries to execute BGT. Solution: Download and use instead the bgt-v1.21.zip file from here on the Spellholdstudios download section. I was even able to do the same scheme as with VC, letting the Install.bat hang and extracting and installing BGT standalone before resuming.

Problem #3: POF Quest: Paladins of Faerun Questpack produces a parse error for parsing the SETUP-PoFQuestPack.tra file.

[PoFQuestPack/english/SETUP-PoFQuestPack.tra] LEXER ERROR at line 979 column 1-7

Near Text: ~

invalid character [~]

[PoFQuestPack/english/SETUP-PoFQuestPack.tra]  ERROR at line 979 column 1-7

Near Text: ~

Parsing.Parse_error

ERROR: parsing [PoFQuestPack/english/SETUP-PoFQuestPack.tra]: Parsing.Parse_error

ERROR: problem parsing TP file [POFQUESTPACK/SETUP-POFQUESTPACK.TP2]: Parsing.Parse_error

Solution: I checked the SETUP-PoFQuestPack.tra file and it cut off mid-way (I assume the SETUP-PoFQuestPack.tra.rej was supposed to fill in for the rest, but I’m not sure, and the two files together didn’t add up to the complete one in any case). Solution: I overwrote it with the full SETUP-PoFQuestPack.tra file from the original mod instead. Also had to manually copy PF0025.baf from PoFQuestPack\baf_new to the override folder manually, because it gave parse errors for missing it. There were also a couple of other .tra and .bam files that gave parse errors because they lacked a ‘~’ at the end ((PF0025.tra, PF1234.baf in PoFQuestPack\English\Baf_new)). The mod installed successfully once I added those with Notepad++ though. Hopefully nothing too weird comes out of this. NOTE: In later installs, I checked the original files more thoroughly and found that the patches were only trying to fix he spelling of Faerun, but the entire content stopped after 'Faer'. You can either overwrite the two patched files in /baf_new with the original ones, or open them with a text editor and copy the missing content in, while fixing the spelling.

Problem #4: Isra NPC: Isra (bg1 version) installs fine all the way to the end, including oggdec, but then gives a “NOT INSTALLED DUE TO ERRORS Isra NPC Mod for BG:EE, EET, BGT and TuTu” and uninstalls itself. Solution?: Debug file didn’t give any details beyond this. Couldn’t fix this by running it standalone either. But it’s possibly because the installer got Isra v 3.5 from github, rather than 3.4. Isra BG2 didn’t even try to install after that. Make sure you’re using Isra npc for BG1 3.4 and Isra BG2 3.1.

Problem #5: Item_Rev: The IR_Revised-master archive that Big World downloads returns a Sys_error about “item_rev/tobex_redist/tobex.tpa” not existing. If you copy the respective folder from the tobex mod, it then gives a bunch of missing tpa errors. Solution: Download the ‘item_rev-v4b10’ version from G3 and use that one (which to be fair IS the main choice in the Big World Project pdf).

Problem #6 Wheels of Prophecy: Wheels of Prophecy gives a Sys-error in weidu_external/lib/lib_ini.tpa. I copied the lib folder from wheels to weidu_external and tried to install wheels standalone while Installl.bat was paused. Alas, that only changed the error message to ‘ERROR: Failure (“Uninitalised Return Array:  SFO_reserved_ini_hash”). Solution: The installer downloads the 8.5 version from gibberlings3. The 8.3. version is the appropriate one, and you can find that on the G3 github (via the G3 mod page). I let the Installl.bat stay paused while I installed that one standalone and it worked (after checking if there was a folder for it in BW fixpack, which there wasn’t).

Problem #7: Wildmage: Wild Mage Additions said setup does not exist. On checking the mod, I found it to be the wrong version (much more recent). The installer had downloaded a newer master file form github. Solution: Make sure it’s the wildmage17 file, no other. If you’re like me, though, and you’ve gone through half the BWS only to have this happen and don’t want to start from scracth, do NOT simply delete the wildmage folder and extract the wildmage17 version – unlike the others, this one DOES need to be patched by fixpack. If you were lucky enough for the Install.bat to pause because the mod immediately after it ALSO gave a serious error though (see iwdification below), you can do the following: extract the wildmage17 zip in some other folder, and then extract and run the BWP fixpack in the same place (do NOT extrct install.bat too because it just tells you to run that). When it’s done, THEN copy the patched folder to the BGII – SOA folder (or whatever it’s name is) and run Setup-wildmage (which should now work).

Problem #8: Iwdifcation: Executing Iwdfication gave a GLR Parsing Parse-error error in line 774 of the tp2 related to some %param_1%.2da entry. This also seems to be due to a newer version than needed – the Big World PDF calls for vBeta6, but the installer downloaded the latest Release Candidate 2. No Solution: Unfortunately, I can’t seem to find the compatible version anywhere, even github or the iegmc archives, so I had to go without this one in the end. A shame, IWD had some cool spells. I’m pretty sure a bunch of them come as part of other content mods though. Follow-Up: On a newer install, IWDification now fails because it can’t find decasta.itm in Chitin.key.

Problem #:9 TOD: Tower of Deception doesn’t appear to be detected by the Installer. It seems setup download version 404 instead of 403, but I’m not sure this is the problem. At any rate, no setup executable was made for it, and so it was skipped by the installer completely. Too bad, I liked it last time I played this. Tentative Solution: Make a copy of Weidu and rename it to Setup-tod before initating the megamod install? Unfortunately, I discovered this too late. The InfinityMods github has version 4.0.3 archived, so I’ll definitely use that one next time, if there is a next time. Maybe I’ll do this all over again depending on how many other problems I run into.

========================

I’m leaving it at this for now because I’m going to bed while the installer does stuff. Currently it’s just done with the kits and installing the tweaks, which IIRC means the big AI mods come next, which will take hours to process, hence why I’m leaving it overnight. Have my weidu.log as it currently stands if you’re interested.

If anything else comes up, I’ll do a Part 2.

Edited by Sebastian, 23 October 2021 - 05:31 AM.

#113 Sebastian

Sebastian
  • 65 posts

Posted 21 October 2021 - 05:41 AM

Part 2, or Why i'm starting from scratch.

Problem #10: Made in heaven: There is no version of the MIH, patched with fixpack or not, that doesn’t fail to install due to SFO errors of some sort. 0 files for component 0 it says, same for the others. “uninitiated return array: SFO_reserved_ini_hash” Solution: After trying a whole bunch of things, I overwrote the setup-mih_eq.exe file created by the Install.bat with the original one from the mod, and ran it standalone while Install.bat was paused. After it updated itself it managed to install, save for Minor BG1 tweaks and Amkethran which still turned up missing files errors. Consider solution for future ‘no files available/SFO errors’?

Problem #11: Psionics unleashed: The mod was the right version, but when trying to patch AR0602_o.baf to ar0602.bcs  - Parsing Failed due to Syntax error messages. No Solution: The AR0602_o.baf’ file used a command ‘Displaystringheadorgas” or something like that in two places. I tried to fix it by replacing that command with the “DisplayStringHead(Myself,76038)” that I found in the original mod’s file. It didn’t work though. The debug file didn’t record the error message even though the installer said it did, so I can’t post it here.

Problem #12: BP-Balancer fails to install the Drizzt Saga component. Says that F-ADDAGR.itm  is not a valid .CRE file, so it’s probably a patch scrip syntax error. No Solution: I have very rudimentary script editing knowledge, and this was ultimately a minor issue so I just had the Installer continue.

Problem #13: TNT: Tweaks and Tricks v.8.8 fails to install the Traps CORE component despite successfully installing the individual components leading up to it. Gives ‘[override/GT020.bcs] patching failed (copy) (Failure “Uninitialised Return Value: string”))” error. Same for override/A77003.ARE. Solution: I downloaded version 8.11 from github, rather than the 8.8. version that the auto-downloader got, and replaced ONLY the easy_traps component folder with the newer one. I once more ran the mod setup.exe while the BW Install.bat was paused and installed it that way, which worked.

Problem #14: Unique Artifacts: The Install.bat doesn't detect Unique Artifacts. Solution: The tp2 file is called ua.tp2. I had to rename it to 'uniqueartifacts.tp2' for the mod to be detected. I made a setup-uniqueartifacts.exe file from weidu too, just to be safe, but the Install.bat created its own just fine.

====================

The real issue is that Ascension didn't install, and so neither did any of the mods dependent on it. I checked the individual.bat and the entry after Edwin Romance says this.

Call %EINSTI% EdwinRomance "0 2 3"

findstr /I /M "BP_Ascension" %CON%>nul
if errorlevel 1 (
Call %EINSTI% Ascension "0 10 20 30 40 50 61 1000 1100 1200 1300 1400 1500 2400"
)

I assume this is supposed to prompt Ascension to install, but it didn't happen despite me choosing option 2 (Ascension + SCS). I'll edit the individual.bat to always call for Ascension and see what happens.

I'll try to download the problematic mods manually (again) to make sure the versions in the PDF are used.

Weirdly, SCS didn't install either. The error says it can't find stratagems.tp2, which is probably because the tp2 in the mod folder is called setup-stratagems.tp2. I'll make sure duplicate tp2 files exist under both names this time.

Edited by Sebastian, 22 October 2021 - 08:39 AM.

#114 Graion Dilach

Graion Dilach
  • Modder
  • 103 posts

Posted 21 October 2021 - 10:39 PM

The SCS message sounds like if BWP is trying to mix mismatched SCS and WeiDU versions. This might apply to most of the other issues as well - IWDification Beta 2 was tested on oBG2 and also uses latest WeiDU.

Edited by Graion Dilach, 21 October 2021 - 10:40 PM.

#115 Sebastian

Sebastian
  • 65 posts

Posted 22 October 2021 - 05:35 AM

The SCS message sounds like if BWP is trying to mix mismatched SCS and WeiDU versions. This might apply to most of the other issues as well - IWDification Beta 2 was tested on oBG2 and also uses latest WeiDU.

Thanks for responding so promtly.

Alas, I don't know if this is the case. SCS does come with weidu 24600, but I ran it in a separate BGII - SOA folder and it updated fine, then ran normally. When I tried to run it, or the updated one, in the BW folder though, it just hangs there without updating. And if I updated it in the alternate folder and overwrote the setup file made by the Install.bat, it still does nothing but hang here with nothing but the weidu version opening line.

I'll try a third megamod install with SCS v31 and see if the same thing happens.

EDIT

Upon engaging my mad sleuthing skills, it seems that it might be yet another version conflict (of course). The installer downloaded version 33.4, but now I went into the DL folder to check the text file and the link is for 33.7 (the one that Fixpack has special folder for in ADDITION to stratagems proper). BUT, opening the link now initiates instead the download for version 34.3 (the latest on github). I've manually downloaded version 33.7. I'll use that one and hope for the best.

Edited by Sebastian, 22 October 2021 - 05:51 AM.

#116 Graion Dilach

Graion Dilach
  • Modder
  • 103 posts

Posted 22 October 2021 - 05:39 AM

SCS is 34.3 now which still supports BG2/BGT/Tutu. I don't play classic myself and I'm really not sure what changes BWP applies to mods with it's fixpack, but I suspect SCS should be updated to latest there and not reverted to even earlier versions.

#117 Sebastian

Sebastian
  • 65 posts

Posted 22 October 2021 - 05:57 AM

SCS is 34.3 now which still supports BG2/BGT/Tutu. I don't play classic myself and I'm really not sure what changes BWP applies to mods with it's fixpack, but I suspect SCS should be updated to latest there and not reverted to even earlier versions.

33.7 is newer than the 33.4 I was apparently using (and which the BWP PDF calls for), but I guess I'll try 34.3 if it still doesn't work. I'll err on the side of Fixpack first though.

Edited by Sebastian, 22 October 2021 - 06:05 AM.

#118 Graion Dilach

Graion Dilach
  • Modder
  • 103 posts

Posted 22 October 2021 - 06:33 AM

33.7 has the Smarter Mages component broken. The SCS thread on G3 had a GrimJimfix for that one. If BWP Fixpack applies that to another version of SCS, that also sounds like an issue (again, I dunno what BWP Fixpack does, I just know it can tweak mods on the run during install).

Edited by Graion Dilach, 22 October 2021 - 06:34 AM.

#119 Sebastian

Sebastian
  • 65 posts

Posted 22 October 2021 - 06:38 AM

33.7 has the Smarter Mages component broken. The SCS thread on G3 had a GrimJimfix for that one. If BWP Fixpack applies that to another version of SCS, that also sounds like an issue (again, I dunno what BWP Fixpack does, I just know it can tweak mods on the run during install).

Alright, I'll try with 34.3. Fingers crossed.

#120 Sebastian

Sebastian
  • 65 posts

Posted 23 October 2021 - 11:44 PM

So, I've completed the install. Good news, the installation finally complete, though not without a few workarounds. 

Paladins of Faerun quest still needed me to restore the PF0025.tra, PF1234.baf files because they cut off mid-way when the Fixpack tried to fix the foreign spelling of Faerun. I also had to restore the original SETUP-PoFQuestPack.tra file, which I think (hope) only means some item descriptions will be a bit outdated relative to usability restrictions and such.

IWDification-RC2 this time failed because it couldn't find decasta.itm in Chitin.key. Didn't bother forcing the issue here.

Stratagems: Version 34.3 finally worked, though not completely without issues. It’s probably not its fault though, instead it’s most likely a mod conflict. It fails to install “Make Cleric and Mage HLAs innate” component because lud5_268.2da gives a failed patching error due to “index out of bounds”. I moved the problematic file elsewhere while I installed the mod and then put it back in once the component was done. Hopefully the worst this did was that that some class or kit won’t have the HLAs treated like innates.

The bad news: I can start the game, do character creation and click start game, but then the loading screen fills up just a small bit before it freezes during 'loading area' and the game freezes/crashes with the "throne of bhaal has stopped working" pop-up. Tobex.log doesn't log an error message. 

When I loaded the original vanilla savegame, it got me to irenicus' dungeon and then promptly crashed in the same manner. This time, there was one line in the Tobex.log.

ASSERTION FAILED! Return Address: 0x68A33A File: InfGame.cpp Line: 6379 Expression: FALSE Message: (null)

Starting new game in SoA delays the crash until right after the game loads, after Worgas ports in.

Starting ToB delays the crash until right after the game loads (happens during the fade-in and out that always happens at the start there).

Deleting cache and temp files didn't solve the problem.

I don't think POFq did this. Maybe the Innate HLA stratagems component workaround I did broke my game, or cleanup.bat ate something on the way out (curse me for choosing to run it immediately after the megamod install instead of playing the game first as a test). It seems to be a problem loading the area scripts, because chargen issues would have prevented the character creation entirely, right? Probably the general area AI since it seems to happen in Candlekeep, Irenicus dungeon, and the Grove of the Ancient Heads.

Or it's something completely unrelated, in which case I probably won't bother trying again (how I mourn last year's megamod that I lost with my old HDD).

Attached Files

Edited by Sebastian, 24 October 2021 - 02:34 AM.