• Please log in to reply
127 replies to this topic

#1 Leonardo Watson

Leonardo Watson
  • Modder
  • 531 posts

Posted 23 March 2021 - 12:23 AM

Finally BWP v19 is out!

With the end of the support for Win 7 I thougt it is time for a brand new machine with Win 10. Now I have a workstation with a high-end grafic card. I thought progression of BWP would go easier and faster. Instead of this I had a very rough time with this new release. Installation after installation failed and I had no idea whether it was because of updated mods or of my new computer. I got different results with the installation dependend on whether I had the CD version or the GoG version and whether I installed on a 32-bit machine or a 64-bit machine or whether I installed on the internal drive or on an external drive.

There was one thing that really drives me crazy: on identical installs one time some mod or component fails to install  because a file is broken or cannot be found even if it is there, another time it worked. Despite of countless tries I was not able to install BWP correctly with Windows 10. Even the Fixpack fails. Some files have been haphazardly copied, others not. Finally I gave up and lost my interest on BG at all in frustration. tomkaz has reported this behavior already two years ago but I didn't believe him. Sorry for that. Now I learnd the hard way that he was right.

It turns out that there are two reasons for my problems: one is the UAC and the other is the real-time protection from Windows 10.

For one thing you have to disable UAC in Windows 10. For another thing you have to deactivate the real-time protection from Windows Defender Antivirus during the installation otherwise it would fail. Unfortunately it activates itself automatically after short time. I would like to know how I could avoid this behavior. Note: You must deactivate Windows Defender Antivirus even if you have deactivated your third-party supplier antivirus program.

When I finally managed to install the megamod flawlessly I encounterd another problem: I could not save the game. Each time when it came to auto-save in Irenicus' dungeon I crashed to desktop and get the message "abnorman program termination". I changed the properties on BGMain.exe as I was advised: "On the compatibility tab, select button "Run as administrator" and set compatibility mode to Windows XP. However, this didn't help. Sometimes it works, mostly not. For testing purpose I installed BWP on an external drive. When I start it from Windows 7 it works but not with windows 10.

After changing the properties I got the message "Save game failed, do you wish to quit?" when I tried saving the game. I could continue playing, but not save. Again I searched the internet and found the solution only a few days ago. It seems there are two reasons for this issue. Either there is a file named "temp" (without suffix) being created or there is a default.tot file in the hidden BG2/temp directory. Anyway, the fix is to make a temp folder with a folder named default.tot inside in order to prevent BG2 from making such a file.

Beside of this I had problems with the view. Each time I tried to play in the full-screen modus I only get the left upper quater of the map. After a while I filally found the right settings to play BWP on my machine:
Open properties of BGMain.exe. On the compatibility tab, select button "Run as administrator" and set compatibility mode to Windows XP as noted before. Additional click the "Change high DPI settings" button. A new window opens. Tick the box "Override high DPI scaling behavior. Scaling performed by:" and select there: Application.

In my eyes this release is not finished yet but I don't want to delay it any further. I made little progress the last months. Each time when I thought I am finished I encountered a new problem. Now I will take a break so I decided to release what I have done so far. Regard it as a beta. It is largely not tested so try it at your own risk.

Note: The megamod was built with mod versions that had been available around november 2020 and may be not up to date. Some of the reported issues might be fixed meanwhile.

What's new?

Installorder
Following the suggestions from D. Wallace and Duns Scotus I re-arranged the whole install order. I did my very best to improve the install order of the tweaks to get the optimum of them, however, I am not sure whether I did everything right. Especially I am unsure about the movement of Item Revisions from the beginning to the middle and will reverse it if it proves as a failure. With so much mods installed it is easy to loose overview. Please let me know if I can do any further improvements.

Download function
Finally I added the long wanted download function. Gone are the days when you downloaded the mods manually for days. Now you can download nearly all of the covered mods within two hours.
Creating this tool was much more work than I thought so I don't intend to maintain it. The names of the files downloaded from G3 look strange but I don't know how to do it better. Suggestions are welcome!
Newer mod versions will be detected and downloaded on every further run and master files will be replaced, however, if the filename is changed you will have the mod twice so you must check the download folder for duplicates manually.

Branwen patch
Now Nightfarer's Branwen patch is included that prevents that Shar-Teel from Vlad's Compilation and Branwen from Branwen NPC start in the same cage in Irenicus’ dungeon.

IWD soundfiles
The BWIP now imports soundfiles from IWD for foreign languages if needed for NEJ, Vlad’s Compilation or DSOTSC.

There is a new Readme included into the Installpack (in English only).

Problems so far

It seems that some older batch files don't work anymore on Win10 64-bit so I had to rewrite them.

With the new WeiDU which seems to be more sensible as former versions I got errors each time a string was encapsuled with quotes instead of tildes with a few mods that worked for ages.

Many problems arised with some updated mods because in seeking to make them compatible with EE they lost compatibility with the classic version.

Unsolved problems yet (not reported to the respective forums yet):

Imoen Romance
There is one thing that drives me crazy with the Imoen Romance:
When ever I played the game before when Imoen frees the protagonist in Irenicus' dungen  I got the dialog from imoen2.dlg of Imoen Romance:

Are you all right? I was so scared... you came all this way to get me and we were almost...
I'm sorry, <CHARNAME>, I was just so worried...
Imoen! I thought I had lost you forever. I missed you so much! Are you alright?
Are you hurt? What did he do to you?
Are you *my* Imoen again? You know who I am now, right?
Yes, it was most unpleasant. But we are reunited and all is well again.
We survived, but not unscathed. I must know what he did to me... and you.
Yes, yes, I was there. Let's just get back to that room and finish him.
Oh, here we go again. Will I have to listen to your horrible whining everywhere I go? Why didn't you just die?

Now for some reason despite of countless tries I never get this dialog again but that original one from imoen10.dlg instead

Wake up, you! Wake up! Come on, we have to get out of here!

even with a fresh installation without any other mod installed.
I made sure that I got the same version of the mod and of WeiDU. Beeing no modder i don't know how to fix this issue.

WeiDU 247
Some mods or components could not been installed with the new WeiDU 247, for example UB component 18 Restored Minor Dialogs. Problem are these lines:

//Simyaz and the Silver Sword in the Underdark.
<<<<<<<<ub/udsimyaz_reaction.d
REPLACE_TRIGGER_TEXT udsimyaz ~ReactionGT(LastTalkedToBy,FRIENDLY_UPPER)~ ~Reaction(LastTalkedToBy,FRIENDLY_UPPER)~
>>>>>>>>

COMPILE ~%MOD_FOLDER%/udsimyaz_reaction.d~

Also AranW could not be installed with WeiDU 247. The error message was:

ERROR: No translation provided for @30001
ERROR: problem parsing TP file [ARANW/ARANW.TP2]: Not_found

despite the fact that this file is exising. There is no problem with WeiDU 246.

Exactly the same problem is with the Stivan mod and some others. Even SCS could not be installed.

I could install Wheels with WeiDU 246 but not with 247.

Made in Heaven
I could neither install the most recent Made in Heaven: Item Pack: v6 nor Made In Heaven: Encounters and Quests.

I got the message:

ERROR: Sys_error("weidu_external/lib/lib_ini.tpa: No such file or directory")

and

ERROR: Failure("Unknown function: handle_charsets_immutably")

Stratagems
The current version of Stratagems somehow turns directions from numbers to letters in the dialog files.
This seems not to be a problem during the game. However, there arises a problem at installation of further mods, for example at installation of XPmod:

[action list near line 2886, column 2 of CORANJ.DLG] PARSE WARNING at line 2886 column 1-36
Near Text: )
    Type mismatch in "Face" argument of [CreateCreature].
    Expecting type "integer".
WARNING: cannot verify action ~CreateCreature("GERVIS",[807.497],S)
SetNumTimesTalkedTo(1)
SetGlobal("TalkedToLaerta","GLOBAL",1)
~: Parsing.Parse_error

[action list near line 2936, column 2 of CORANJ.DLG] PARSE WARNING at line 2936 column 1-39
Near Text: )
    Type mismatch in "Face" argument of [CreateCreature].
    Expecting type "integer".
WARNING: cannot verify action ~CreateCreature("IRON15",[1276.538],NNE)
CreateCreature("IRON15",[1193.620],SSW)
CreateCreature("IRON15",[1093.610],SW)
CreateCreature("IRON15",[1015.577],SWW)
CreateCreature("IRON15",[1076.502],NW)
EscapeAreaDestroy(90)
~: Parsing.Parse_error

For this reason I had to move XPmod and EET-Tweaks before Stratagems to avoid this issue but I don't know whether this is a good idea.

I could not install Stratagems v33.7 because of an error:

("weidu_external/lib/lib_ini.tpa: No such file or directory")

The component "BGT Compatibility, Fixes and Improvements" from Vlad's Compilation will be randomly installed or not installed.

[AR0602.bcs.BCS] LEXER ERROR at line 1 column 0-1
Near Text: IF
        invalid keyword [IF]

[AR0602.bcs.BCS]  ERROR at line 1 column 0-1
Near Text: IF
        Parsing.Parse_error
ERROR: parsing [AR0602.bcs.BCS]: Parsing.Parse_error
ERROR: [AR0602.bcs] -> [override/AR0602.bcs] Patching Failed (COPY) (Parsing.Parse_error)

Maybe this is associated with ImoenRomance issue?
Note: This issue never happens, when UAC or Windows Defender Antivirus are disabled!

IWDification must be installed before SpellRevisions, that is in the middle of the installation, however, two of the spells rely on Infinity Animations that is to be installed nearly to the end. I don't know how to resolve this conflict. Maybe Infinity Animations can be moved or these spells could be splitted into a seperate component.

I want to ask all modders not change the mod's name or the component numbers after the mod is populated into the BWP otherwise any gamer who uses the BWP or any other program for installation won't get what (s)he wants.
Especially the components from MiH_EQ had been changed haphazardly with every update up to now.

Other findings:
Occasionally some mods are not listed in the WeiDU.log even if they are installed successfully. This issue never happens, if UAC and Windows Defender Antivirus are disabled!

The 1PP component Thieves Galore fails to install if an antivirus software is running. This may happen even if you have the Windows Defender deactivated because it activates itself again automatically after some time.

Don't use Sheena v3.0. For no reason the foreign languages files had been removed there.

Virtue mod v20 Beta cannot be installed because the strings @3004 - @3009 are missing in the .tra file

The game freezes each time I try to type into the biography.

Future releases
I plan annother major release with a great mod but it may take some time until I am back to BG again.

Translations
Currently the Installpack is in English, French and German only. Unfortunately the new strings are not translated to French yet. I would like to add other languages if someone wants to translate them. They will be displayed correctly no matter which codepage they use.

#2 The Imp

The Imp

Not good, see EVIL is better. You'll LIVE.

• 5148 posts

Posted 23 March 2021 - 04:49 AM

For one thing you have to disable UAC in Windows 10. For another thing you have to deactivate the real-time protection from Windows Defender Antivirus during the installation otherwise it would fail. Unfortunately it activates itself automatically after short time. I would like to know how I could avoid this behavior. Note: You must deactivate Windows Defender Antivirus even if you have deactivated your third-party supplier antivirus program.

Hmm, sure... but what is your install folder ? And are you using the C drive ? Cause on Windows 10, the default folder options have limits that prevent them from being rewritten over, even with Administration rights. The only exception is the user folders under here:

C:\Users\<windows user name>\

Or the use of a separate directory... most likely the D or E drives. This is to "protect the user under Windows 10", aka they make cheese out of the system so you can't fuck Windows too badly, or pirate it easily, relatively. Well there's ways to do that too, but that is it's own thing.

Other options in the C drive, you can allow a folder to be owned by a user in Windows, but I haven't seen that used for this in many years, cause the users folder is for that exact purpose.

[AR0602.bcs.BCS] LEXER ERROR at line 1 column 0-1

This has to do with a mods .tra file not being encoded correctly. More likely because you are using a non English version, the .tra needs to be other than they usually are.

Don't use Sheena v3.0. For no reason the foreign languages files had been removed there.

Even one missing non translated line breaks the translated installation, so getting rid of them is easier than reworking the whole translation works, especially for an independent mod maker. Thinking from my own perspective here.

Edited by The Imp, 23 March 2021 - 05:00 AM.

Yep, Jarno Mikkola. my Mega Mod FAQ. Use of the BWS, and how to use it(scroll down that post a bit). 
OK, desert dweller, welcome to the sanity, you are free to search for the limit, it's out there, we drew it in the sand. Ouh, actually it was still snow then.. but anyways.

#3 TotoR

TotoR
  • Modder
  • 95 posts

Posted 23 March 2021 - 11:34 AM

Hi,

I Really want to say thank you for this tool. It makes me replay BG2 one last time, so please don't give up!

After readding you post, and after having used BWPv18.2 on win10 (64), those are my feedbacks on some of your interrogations:

• SHEENA v3.0 - this version of the mod is not compatible with classic BG2, the last version I found is v2.6 but portraits and the BAM does not fit classic standards

• The 1PP component Thieves Galore fails to install if an antivirus software is running - never had this bug, maybe try using avast (or another free antivirus) as it will normally deactivate windows defender.

• IWDification must be installed before SpellRevisions - it can also be installed after as it won't make duplicate of SR spell with the same name - but as I don't use SpellRev... I may be wrong

• The current version of Stratagems somehow turns directions from numbers to letters in the dialog files - normally SCS also patch the ACTION.IDS file to use DIR.IDS, but as BWP always overwrite IDS files with its own IDS files, it leads to warnings, IDS from BWfixpack have to be updated to avoid this issue.

• Some mods or components could not been installed with the new WeiDU 247 - this is particularly true for Infinity animation mod in combination general biffing mod, to avoid this bug you have to run general biffing with weidu v246

• The game freezes each time I try to type into the biography. - this is an old bug I think, and the same as the savegame bug. One way to bypass this, is for example to : - start a newname, - open biography, write in it - close it, the screen will freeze - close character creation windows (strat over + cancle) and - restart a new game. Like this you would be able to write the biography, save game, etc... Another way is to launch a game, open the map, create a map marker, without saving (it will crash...) exit game and after that you will be able to do what you want. (saving, biblio...)

• I could install Wheels with WeiDU 246 but not with 247- stange I never had this bug, it installs without error in v247 with BWPv18.2
  • I could not install Stratagems v33.7 and MIH because of an error - stange I never had this bug, it installs without error in v247 with BWPv18.2

Keep the good vibration

#4 ChitownWillie

ChitownWillie
  • 48 posts

Posted 24 March 2021 - 07:16 AM

Leonardo,

Thank you so much for all your hard work.

Trying out v19 now.

#5 ChitownWillie

ChitownWillie
  • 48 posts

Posted 24 March 2021 - 08:47 AM

Leonardo,

Just a heads-up on latest versions:

* TobEx v28

* Dark Side of Sword Coast v4.1

* Northern Tales of Sword Coast v4.2

* BG Quests/Encounters v23

* Lure of Sirine's Call v16

* Ascalon's Questpack v3.0

* White NPC v2.11

* BG1 Unfinished Business v16.3

* Item Revisions Revised v1.3.400

* Generalized Biffing v2.4

Also:

* Where is Tweaks Anthology v10?

* Latest stable release of "Made in Heaven: Encounters & Quests" is v3; v4 is Alpha.

* Beta is out for "Balduran's Seatower":

~BST/SETUP-BST.TP2~ #0 #0 // The BS Company presents Balduran's Seatower: vEAOB.4

Edited by ChitownWillie, 24 March 2021 - 07:44 PM.

#6 Alywena

Alywena
  • 2 posts

Posted 24 March 2021 - 11:09 PM

Hi, a French version of the BWS fixes the SCS problem.

#7 Gwendolyne

Gwendolyne
  • Administrator
  • 1016 posts

Posted 25 March 2021 - 09:44 AM

Hi Leonardo.

Please check your inbox: the French translation is ready for a while, but needs a couple of enlightens...

CARPE DIEM ....

In progress : Menace sur le Royaume de Diamant Éternel there.

#8 Nathan82

Nathan82
  • 32 posts

Posted 26 March 2021 - 10:09 AM

Hello Leonardo

Really happy you are still working on this. Thanks for all your hard work.

I used the install order from big world project 18.2 and Alien's Project Infinity tool to actually do the install, mostly because i've made a right mess of editing the batch file in the past and i found PI a bit easier for selecting exactly which components i wanted.

Dont know if its of any help, or interest, to you but here's a link to a topic on the problems i had with the install. It seems like some of the older mods can cause a few issues.

https://www.gibberli...egamod-install/

Anyway, thanks again for all the hard work,

#9 Greenhorn

Greenhorn
  • 718 posts

Posted 27 March 2021 - 02:25 PM

Good to see you are still around Leonardo and thousand thanks for all your hard and invaluable work so far. I was a bit surprised to see that this mod didn't still made it in newest BWPhttps://github.com/B...eaks-and-tricks Interesting mod intended primarily for BGT. Also I think that newest version of Anthology tweaks is 9, not 10. I really hope that we will see more of your work eventually ( after good and well deserved rest). 

#10 Leonardo Watson

Leonardo Watson
  • Modder
  • 531 posts

Posted 28 March 2021 - 12:13 AM

Thank you for your responses. I read them carefully. They will help me a lot for improvements in future releases.

@The Imp
It doesn't matter whether I install under C:\Users\<windows user name>\BWP or C:\BWP. The result was the same for me. I also tried an external drive, however, this caused a inacceptable slowdown.

@TotoR

The current version of Stratagems somehow turns directions from numbers to letters in the dialog files - normally SCS also patch the ACTION.IDS file to use DIR.IDS, but as BWP always overwrite IDS files with its own IDS files, it leads to warnings, IDS from BWfixpack have to be updated to avoid this issue.

I used the IDS from IESDP as sample which uses I:Face*. It is meant to restore the IDS when it is shortened by a mod installed before. I don't know how I should change it. What would happen if I use I:Face*DIR from Stratagems instead? Wouldn't there arise problems when installing the other mods? Or should I try to turn back DavidW's changes because DIR.IDS is not used by the classic edition.

@ChitownWillie
The new versions will be included with the next release. As I stated before: this release is not up to date but I didn't want to delay it any further.

@Alywena
I didn't know that fixes before. Funny there are patches that patch my own patches again.

@Gwendolyne
I had already answered.

@Nathan82
Thank you for the link. I will read it up before my next release.

@Greenhorn
I didn't saw this mod before but I'm curious what it does.

#11 jastey

jastey
  • Administrator
  • 3218 posts

Posted 28 March 2021 - 05:21 AM

Thank you for your work, Leonardo Watson!

I used the IDS from IESDP as sample which uses I:Face*. It is meant to restore the IDS when it is shortened by a mod installed before. I don't know how I should change it. What would happen if I use I:Face*DIR from Stratagems instead? Wouldn't there arise problems when installing the other mods? Or should I try to turn back DavidW's changes because DIR.IDS is not used by the classic edition.

Using *DIR in the action definition only makes sense if there is a dir.ids present. BST (Balduran's Seatower) as well as Fishing for Trouble use *FACE and introduce a face.ids for this purpose, for example. (This might change for BST in the future as it is not really necessary.)

#12 The Imp

The Imp

Not good, see EVIL is better. You'll LIVE.

• 5148 posts

Posted 28 March 2021 - 06:32 AM

Using *DIR in the action definition only makes sense if there is a dir.ids present.

And to those who do not know what this is ? Is this probably related to the fact that the EE games utilize that while the non-EE's don't as there's no such file (dir.ids) ? And the problem comes from SCS's EE related superposition... so rather that the utilized code can't be inturbrite it in any other way, it throws in the EE excusive that doesn't then compile.
I also tried an external drive, however, this caused a inacceptable slowdown.
Yeah, I wouldn't ever subject my computer to such abuse, this is a known issue related to the read/write speeds of connectors.

Hmm. Well, you found one solution, let's hope it's sufficient ... I would still argue about it, but let's not. As in there's so much unknowns that either side could very well not be able to reduce the variables to a known factors.
They will help me a lot for improvements in future releases.
YES, that is our goal and I thank you for pursuing it.

Edited by The Imp, 28 March 2021 - 06:41 AM.

Yep, Jarno Mikkola. my Mega Mod FAQ. Use of the BWS, and how to use it(scroll down that post a bit). 
OK, desert dweller, welcome to the sanity, you are free to search for the limit, it's out there, we drew it in the sand. Ouh, actually it was still snow then.. but anyways.

#13 Nitrick

Nitrick
  • 3 posts

Posted 30 March 2021 - 01:03 AM

Hello everyone,
I am new to the forum and my English is terrible, so you are warned :D

This is the second time that I use Leonardo's BWP, whom I thank a thousand times for his work.

The first time, I had only used a few mods but this new version of BWP encourages me to be more "greedy" in terms of quantity.
However, in the instruction PDF (in the "Which mod in what language?" part) I realize that a lot of mods indicated as not being translated in French finally have a French translation (I am French speaking).

So my question is, will I have to modify the BWP installer and is that likely to cause problems?
If it's too difficult or if it causes too much problems, I'll be satisfied with the French mods managed by BWP.

Also, I can take a little time to sort out those who have a French translation and give this information on the forum to possibly update the BWP for next versions. Just tell me if you are interested about that.

Thanks.

Edit : I started to make a summary of the different mods. I will try to keep it up to date as best as possible.

Edited by Nitrick, 30 March 2021 - 11:32 PM.

#14 Gwendolyne

Gwendolyne
  • Administrator
  • 1016 posts

Posted 31 March 2021 - 02:14 AM

Hello Nitrick, you should have a look here. It is a brand new BWS version intended to install mods that have been translated into French OR that don't need any translation.

And it's correct, the BWP guide does not reflect all new translations that have been released for a couple of years... ;)

Edited by Gwendolyne, 01 April 2021 - 12:22 AM.

CARPE DIEM ....

#15 Nitrick

Nitrick
  • 3 posts

Posted 31 March 2021 - 03:21 AM

Thanks for your answer, Gwendolyne!

During my research, the previous days, I had indeed seen this release. It looks very interesting and I'll take a closer look.
At first glance, this automatic install offers 280 mods, which is already more than acceptable, but I will still check what has been removed.

So I will already test this and then check if it is possible to add more content with the BWP adapted for French.
But I imagine that I have more risk of having crashes with my custom version of BWP than with this release (BWS-FR).

#16 jastey

jastey
  • Administrator
  • 3218 posts

Posted 31 March 2021 - 10:35 PM

Hello Leonardo Watson, I have a player report who says they followed BWP v19 instructions,

EDIT: sorry, this was a misunderstanding. The player installed Solaufein's Rescue late to be able to install it after the subrace mod to see the crossmod.

Solaufein's Rescue's components are adapted now so that the 5th component ("Detection of Drow PC") can be installed later, after Subrace Mods.

-----

which obviously puts my Solaufein mod (Solaufein's Rescue) very late in the install - after tweak mods. This gave the following install error in the crossmod with Eilistraee's Song (Link to original bugreport):

WARNING: could not find \(!Exists("C#Solaufein")[

]*!InParty("C#Solaufein")\) in AR2401.BCS

When installing Soalufein earlier, this error message did not occur.

Here my question: why do you put Solaufein so late in teh install order? Firstly because it obviously leads to an install error caused by mod interactions / alterations by tweak mods. But also, Solaufein's Rescue is a quest/NPC mod which should be installed earlier, before tweaks.

A second question on behalf of the player: would installing the subrace mod earlier as well (before Solaufein) make any differences?

Edited by jastey, 02 April 2021 - 11:19 PM.

#17 Gwendolyne

Gwendolyne
  • Administrator
  • 1016 posts

Posted 01 April 2021 - 03:48 AM

@Gwendolyne
I had already answered.

Oops! :blush:

Sorry, I did not receive this notification. I will send you the updated translation as soon as possible.

CARPE DIEM ....

#18 TotoR

TotoR
  • Modder
  • 95 posts

Posted 01 April 2021 - 01:26 PM

Hi Leonardo,

after a quick review of BiG World Project v19.0 English, these are my feedbacks :

• - Shadows Over Soubar component numbers are not up to date

• - Ascalon’s Breagar is v10, full english and component numbers have changed

• - Hubelpot is v2 and component numbers have changed

• - Jastey’s Solaufein is v2.2, full english and components have evolved

• - BuTcHeRy v3.2 is v4 and should now be installed before SCS

• - Critter Parts EE v1.1 BAMS don't fit with vanilla bams (EE bams)

• - The Calling v2 mod has only one quest for BG1... but is installed late in BG2 quest, is it necessary ?

• - SCS component [8085] is not in the list

• - aurora optionals component [Realistic random treasures] should be install after SCS to avoid blank treasure

For Tweaks Anthology :

- Component [200]  [Remove Blur Effect] -- there is a more systematic component that will remove the effects for all items : Component 201

- Component [3090] [Increase Gem and Jewelry Stacking] allows misc items stacking (ankheg shells, winterwolf pelts and wyvern heads...); this is not possible with Difficulty and Tweaks mod.

- In addition, Component : [3115] [misc items stacking] does not exist anymore

- Component [3220] : Woldmap is now compatible with this component (worldmap readme)

For atweak :

- atweak component [118] [Regain Bhaalpowers in ToB] is component 218

- component [190] [PnP Elementals], in my opinion, makes aerial servent too strong

- atweak Components [303] and [304] don't exist anymore - they are included in component [315]

- atweak component [310] partially overlaps infinity animation. if player want to use IA updates, components [100 150 500], have to be installed after... witch is not a good idea for componenent [100] and [500]...

- item rev component [1030] has to be installed after atweak [510] (item rev readme)

In addition, there are some incompatibilities betweens mods :

- Drizzt Saga v3.0 seems not compatible with drizzt is not stupid mod --> saving/loading is not possible because of drizzt offhand weapon - without drizzt is not stupid mod, everything works fine

- SpellPackB6 : components [2605] (death spell), |2713] (Finger of Death) and |2303] (flame arrow) are not compatible with SCS

- VCV21 is not compatible with CtB v3.0, VCV21 check a wrong area

-SIRINESCALL [Extended Lighthouse area] is not compatible with Baldur's Gate Trilogy Graphics Overhaul (could be made compatible by removing all AR9500* files from bggraphic)

- Polytweak component 85 should be installed after SCS to preserve Polytweak features (updated names for vampires)

- iwdification component 40 (divine spells) + cdtweak component 4071 (BG2 stats for viconia) + SCS component 6000 (Smarter general AI) create faulty spells in viconia spells book, leading to CTD when you met her at level 4 and above in BGT. Could be avoided if one of these components is not installed. (preferably cdtweak, can be installed differently)

To conclude, following mods are not included in BWP but seems interesting :

Edited by TotoR, 26 April 2021 - 06:47 AM.

#19 Greenhorn

Greenhorn
  • 718 posts

Posted 02 April 2021 - 12:43 AM

Thanks for head up about Drizzt incompatibilities TotoR. DINS goes down, pronto! 

#20 jastey

jastey
  • Administrator
  • 3218 posts

Posted 02 April 2021 - 11:20 PM

Regarding my pots above: this was a misunderstanding. The player installed Solaufein's Rescue late to be able to install it after the subrace mod to see the crossmod. (Edited the post above.)

Solaufein's Rescue's components are adapted now so that the 5th component ("Detection of Drow PC") can be installed later, after Subrace Mods.