Help...

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
10 replies to this topic

#1 -Jason-

-Jason-

Posted 09 January 2004 - 04:25 PM

I installed Redemption after Ascension, played through game with Aerie as my main romance and now I am at the Throne of bhaal. When I get there, all these strange dialogue options which make no sense appear, as if I was talking to Kelsey, or myself. Some of the options said by Demogorgon appear as a choice to say. This also happened when I was at balthazar. Someone please enlighten me...

#2 Seifer

Seifer

The best Anti-Paladin weapon is a tin opener...!

• 4505 posts

Posted 09 January 2004 - 05:00 PM

If you can enlighten us first by clarifying what you actually mean via an example we can help you in your cause.

From what you have said here, it sounds like you have a mangled tlk file. What else have you installed?

how come you always look so damn cool in every photo I see you in?!?

Speaking of modding, I listened to IER 3 yesterday, so you can have another quote for your signature: how come you sound so damn cool, as well as look it? It's unfair. Seriously.

Still a cyberjock, still hacking the matrix, still unsure of what that means.

TeamBG member - http://www.teambg.eu

#3 -Jason-

-Jason-

Posted 10 January 2004 - 04:12 AM

For example, Melissan will supposed to say something about my heritage or some btoher, I don't remember. Instead she says something like she was talking to Irenicus and one of my choices will be a few normal choices, then a dialogue option or tow that make no sense. It mentions my characters name in it, like I was talking to myself. Then when Irenicus appears, he says some random lines, and a dialogue option appears which I swore he(Kelsey) is probably talking to Imoen(Or my main character in romance, except Im not romancing)...

Anyways, what I have installed are:

Kelsey ( SOAand TOB)
Ascension
Redmption
Dungeon-be-Gone
Shadow Keeper
Nalia Romance
Official TOB patch

I think that is it...

#4 Seifer

Seifer

• 4505 posts

Posted 10 January 2004 - 05:32 AM

Accension Old version or nalia Romance has screwed you over then, what install order did you persue?

Speaking of modding, I listened to IER 3 yesterday, so you can have another quote for your signature: how come you sound so damn cool, as well as look it? It's unfair. Seriously.

#5 -Jason-

-Jason-

Posted 10 January 2004 - 08:48 AM

Nalia lovepatch

#6 Caedwyr

Caedwyr

Wraith Editor

• 962 posts

Posted 10 January 2004 - 12:32 PM

Did you install the Nalia Romance after installing any of the other mods?
"Knowledge is Power. Power Corrupts. Study Hard. Be Evil." - Ferret

PnP Celestials
Geomantic Sorcerer Kit

#7 -Jason-

-Jason-

Posted 10 January 2004 - 12:58 PM

I installed Nalia romance after all the other mods, excepting of course Ascension and redmption.

#8 Caedwyr

Caedwyr

Wraith Editor

• 962 posts

Posted 10 January 2004 - 02:32 PM

Unless the Nalia Romance is a weidu version (Like Redemption, Kelsey, Ascension) that would have messed up your dialog.tlk file. I'd recommend reinstalling everything (make sure to delete your override folder before starting the new install) and then adding the additional material in this order:

Official ToB patch
Nalia Romance
Ascension
Redemption
Dungeon Be Gone
Kelsey SoA
Kelsey ToB

make sure you install the Nalia Romance right after the ToB patch, and be sure to install both Redemption and Kelsey ToB after Ascension

You don't need to reinstall Shadow Keeper since it is somewhat independant of the game.

There may be a way to salvage your current game so you don't have to restart from scratch. Do not delete your save games until you have tried them out after the reinstall. If you are still having problems you can try selecting Kelsey, holding the pointer over top of his character (not portrait) and pressing K. That may help somewhat.
"Knowledge is Power. Power Corrupts. Study Hard. Be Evil." - Ferret

PnP Celestials
Geomantic Sorcerer Kit

#9 dorotea

dorotea

witch extraordinaire

• Modder
  • 1927 posts

Posted 13 January 2004 - 11:23 AM

What Caedwyr said. :D And thank you so much for helping him - I sometimes miss the posts in this forum as I am kinda very busy these days!

Freedom cannot be equated with goodness, virtue, or perfection. Freedom has its own unique self-contained nature; freedom is freedom ? not universal goodness. Any confusion or deliberate equalization of freedom with goodness and excellence is in itself negation of freedom, and acceptance of the path of restraint and enforcement.

Nikolai Berdyaev - Christian Existentialist, Philosopher of Freedom.

The Longer Road mod
Redemption mod
Bitter Grey Ashes

#10 Zethre

Zethre
  • 90 posts

Posted 05 July 2004 - 03:50 PM

Has anyone played the nalia romance all the way thru? if so do you know of any walkthrus for her, or...

spoiler

after nalias fathers funeral, when she proposes a marriage of convenience to charname, and takes u to her keep, the major domo says he will get a priest, then disappears - howlong is it sposed to take b4 he comes back?
If you obey all the rules, you miss all the fun

-Katharine Hepburn

#11 Seifer

Seifer

• 4505 posts

Posted 05 July 2004 - 04:44 PM

Cheers to Icelus for correct me on this one.

If you are refering to Arnel's IAP romance, it appears to have been an independent production. You might have better luck with this if it was posted in the general forum, not this specific one.

*click*

Seif

Edited by Seifer, 05 July 2004 - 05:44 PM.