• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 dorotea

dorotea

witch extraordinaire

• Modder
  • 1927 posts

Posted 19 January 2004 - 09:19 PM

Posted 2 short new dialogs in the workroom - if you have access please head over there and help us by proof-reading!

Freedom cannot be equated with goodness, virtue, or perfection. Freedom has its own unique self-contained nature; freedom is freedom ? not universal goodness. Any confusion or deliberate equalization of freedom with goodness and excellence is in itself negation of freedom, and acceptance of the path of restraint and enforcement.

Nikolai Berdyaev - Christian Existentialist, Philosopher of Freedom.

The Longer Road mod
Redemption mod
Bitter Grey Ashes

#2 dorotea

dorotea

witch extraordinaire

• Modder
  • 1927 posts

Posted 22 January 2004 - 10:12 PM

Today I posted the whole new set of Aerie banters in the workroom - the girl now has more chats with Jon than any other npc! Thanks to both Laufey :wub: and Domi :rolleyes: . I appreciate the input greatly.

I think all the banters are very much 'in character' and enjoyed working on them.

Ahem - now - can somebody do the same for Mazzy Fenton? ;) and Keldorn?!!!

I think Valygar is getting done - I have 1 banter almost finished and another one in the works (and there is the one which was given as a vague idea - I am shaping it up)

Nalia is done, Anomen got some, HerDalis has a perfect set... Hmm who else do we need?

1. Mazzy - big "0"

2. 'Sir' Keldorn - bah!

3. Minsc (I will do him I think)

4. Korgan (no clue! - can he even talk?)

5. Sarevok (will do myself)

6. Cernd - only a little piece - need more, much more...

Any input on the aforementioned npcs will be greatly appreciated.

Freedom cannot be equated with goodness, virtue, or perfection. Freedom has its own unique self-contained nature; freedom is freedom ? not universal goodness. Any confusion or deliberate equalization of freedom with goodness and excellence is in itself negation of freedom, and acceptance of the path of restraint and enforcement.

The Longer Road mod
Redemption mod
Bitter Grey Ashes

#3 Seifer

Seifer

The best Anti-Paladin weapon is a tin opener...!

• 4505 posts

Posted 23 January 2004 - 06:30 AM

I'll stake out the Keldorn ones, and will properly analyse your offerings as soon as I finish work. I already have one offering in mind for this.
Korgan I can also mull over.

how come you always look so damn cool in every photo I see you in?!?

Speaking of modding, I listened to IER 3 yesterday, so you can have another quote for your signature: how come you sound so damn cool, as well as look it? It's unfair. Seriously.

Still a cyberjock, still hacking the matrix, still unsure of what that means.

TeamBG member - http://www.teambg.eu

#4 dorotea

dorotea

witch extraordinaire

• Modder
  • 1927 posts

Posted 23 January 2004 - 12:14 PM

I'll stake out the Keldorn ones, and will properly analyse your offerings as soon as I finish work. I already have one offering in mind for this.

Thanks you Seif! I would make a note to myself that you want to work on Keldorn and Korgan. It is very nice of you.

The Longer Road mod
Redemption mod
Bitter Grey Ashes

#5 SapphireDragon

SapphireDragon
  • 79 posts

Posted 23 January 2004 - 12:45 PM

how about Jahiera and Jon banters?

#6 dorotea

dorotea

witch extraordinaire

• Modder
  • 1927 posts

Posted 23 January 2004 - 12:50 PM

how about Jahiera and Jon banters?

Those are mine all mine! /Looks around threateningly./ :) I WILL have them for myself. #1 is already written and coded. There will be more...

The Longer Road mod
Redemption mod
Bitter Grey Ashes

#7 dorotea

dorotea

witch extraordinaire

• Modder
  • 1927 posts

Posted 08 March 2004 - 01:38 PM

Today on March 8 2004 I wrote and posted new Imoen-Irenicus banter. If you have access to the Workroom please proofread.

The Longer Road mod
Redemption mod
Bitter Grey Ashes

#8 dorotea

dorotea

witch extraordinaire

• Modder
  • 1927 posts

Posted 09 March 2004 - 03:15 PM

No 'titbits' here - but the Imoen -Irenicus banter was revised significantly after very useful input I received. Another one is coming soon hopefully, Bodhi and Spellhold be the topics.

The Longer Road mod
Redemption mod
Bitter Grey Ashes

#9 dorotea

dorotea

witch extraordinaire

• Modder
  • 1927 posts

Posted 10 March 2004 - 10:46 AM

Todays news - added 2 Anomen - Irenicus banters (by Laufey), Mazzy Fentan -Irenicus banters by Domi were revised (and I like them very much now), Imoen - Irenicus banter was revised again and I am working on it.

I still have no banters for Korgan and Cernd - Seifer how are you doing?

Laufey - I have your Nalia and working on it.

Now all I need to do myself is finish Imoen and do Jaheira. Maybe 1 more Minsc... unless someone would wish to volunteer?

Then the banters for all npcs will be done - and it is amazing but we are seeing the end of this work - thank you all - it has been great working with you guys. :wub:

The Longer Road mod
Redemption mod
Bitter Grey Ashes

#10 Froberg

Froberg
  • 11 posts

Posted 14 March 2004 - 05:13 AM

*ahem*

You do not know me, but if you do need help creating Korgan dialogue, I am more than willing to give it a shot :P

I am quite certain I can insult everyone like only Korgan, that wonderful dwarf, is able to :P

So what say you? Can I aid you in this? ;)

However, I am not experienced in mod creation, or even dialogue creation. I have merely enjoyed practically every mod that has been made.. (If I could get it to work *grr* neverending journey and big picture).

Anyways, I will offer what I can, and that is the creation of evil dialogue from Korgan :P

#11 dorotea

dorotea

witch extraordinaire

• Modder
  • 1927 posts

Posted 14 March 2004 - 06:35 AM

*ahem*

You do not know me, but if you do need help creating Korgan dialogue, I am more than willing to give it a shot :P

I am quite certain I can insult everyone like only Korgan, that wonderful dwarf, is able to :P

So what say you? Can I aid you in this? ;)

However, I am not experienced in mod creation, or even dialogue creation. I have merely enjoyed practically every mod that has been made.. (If I could get it to work *grr* neverending journey and big picture).

Anyways, I will offer what I can, and that is the creation of evil dialogue from Korgan :P

Sure! Write away - and thank you very much for the offer.

The format should be as follows:

Korgan 1: Har, leather face, what would be pointy ear like you doin in <CHARNAME>'s company?

Jon Irenicus 1: What? This pile of rusty chainmail with occasional bits of red fur and filthy cloth sticking in between can actually talk? Seize your insane blabber, dwarf, and if you want to keep your waddling tongue inside your mouth for a bit longer, you will remember never to insult your betters in their face. I am the Master of the Arcane (and so cute and smart and yada)...

Korgan2 :...

See? I made this up specially for you, but that is how the dialog format should look. You can use interjections from other npcs and occasional replica from PC if you like.

When you write the dialog - send it to me at ladydorotea@hotmail.com, and I will correct it so it will fit with the general style of the mod. Then I send it back to you and we exchange versions until both of us are happy, then I will post it in the Workroom. If you want password for the workroom to read existing dialogs and have a better idea of the mod plot - please email me.

The Longer Road mod
Redemption mod
Bitter Grey Ashes