Shapeshift Fix

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 -seefree-

-seefree-

Posted 30 January 2004 - 10:51 AM

I have been looking forever all over the web for a fix to the Werewolf shapeshifting problems! I really want to get started on my game, and hereI find the fix along with the other great things in this mod. Is there anyway I could get the modified files for the shapeshift fix ahead of the beta test (as it is 100%). If you could do that I would be in your debt! jkroncke@yahoo.com
Thanks!

#2 seefree

seefree
  • 2 posts

Posted 30 January 2004 - 09:52 PM

Well I just spent a few hours learning how to use the Near Infinity tool and tweaking the files. Borrowing some of the model from the Ease of Use mod, I just altered the item file for the original greater werewolf paw, adding the immmunities and such to it along with immunity to dispel effects (hopefully just as an item ability for the item) and then pointing the change ability and monster file to it. Same for the regular werewolf paw, except had to create a new item file so as not to amp all the other creatures who use the generic paw. Crap, I hope it works after of this. There is a "weapon 1" line that ranges from 0 to 2 for the various werewolf paws, original and modded. Maybe that is a small error that will make this all a bit pointless. I'll post my sequence of changes if it works!

#3 Littiz

Littiz
  • Modder
  • 1078 posts

Posted 31 January 2004 - 01:40 AM

Even though the effects are placed on the item, they are actually applied to the character.
So adding immunity to dispel effects causes ALL effects and spells to be protected and this is not an acceptable fix... ;)
Kevin Dorner abandoned that idea a good while ago.

Refinements' fix is a new kind of solution, basically a workaround still (since only workarounds are possible) but I think it's a fairly good one. Was a bit complicated to realize because of problems with unhealthy interactions between the forms.
Anyway, barring bugs, it's completed now.

About sending the files, there are two problems.
First, the ToB elemental forms require the WeiDU installer.
Second, I figure TGM wouldn't agree (See, I am the "good cop" and TGM the bad one :lol: ), but on the other hand you could qualify as tester for that component.
Can you wait just a few days (if you're still interested, that is)? :)
Not even the BETA is entirely ready, actually...

Ever forward, my darling wind...

#4 seefree

seefree
  • 2 posts

Posted 31 January 2004 - 06:38 AM

Oh, I am interested for sure. I mean I never tried any type of editing before so I am sure I screwed something up several things, as you have already pointed out. I thought adding the immunity to dispel effects under "item ability" rather than as an "effect" of the item might solve that, but I guess not.
As far as being bad cop/good cop I totally understand with all the work you guys put in you have every right! I was just excited yesterday to finally find that someone was still trying to deal with the problem! Let me know if I can help with the beta-test, this whole experience has upped my knowledge of the game engine a lot and made me more appreciative of your work!
Thanks!

#5 T.G.Maestro

T.G.Maestro

Eclipse

• 4415 posts

Posted 01 February 2004 - 10:31 PM

Oh, I am interested for sure. I mean I never tried any type of editing before so I am sure I screwed something up several things, as you have already pointed out. I thought adding the immunity to dispel effects under "item ability" rather than as an "effect" of the item might solve that, but I guess not.
As far as being bad cop/good cop I totally understand with all the work you guys put in you have every right! I was just excited yesterday to finally find that someone was still trying to deal with the problem! Let me know if I can help with the beta-test, this whole experience has upped my knowledge of the game engine a lot and made me more appreciative of your work!

Of course, you are in. Thats all, we have enough beta-testers for now.

Second, I figure TGM wouldn't agree (See, I am the "good cop" and TGM the bad one)

Yep, I'm clearly EVIL.
Posted Image

Refinements v2 has been released!
Go and visit the website or the forum for more info!

Member of The Silver Star team.

#6 Littiz

Littiz
  • Modder
  • 1078 posts

Posted 02 February 2004 - 02:25 PM

Thanx seefree, but it's really not a matter of "rights" ;)
We want this mod to be used, that's why we are here.
We are finalizing version 1, it really won't take too long (and BTW, I just discovered and killed a few bugs with the shapeshifting fix itself! :P)

#7 T.G.Maestro

T.G.Maestro

Eclipse

• 4415 posts

Posted 02 February 2004 - 04:21 PM

Thanx seefree, but it's really not a matter of "rights"
We want this mod to be used, that's why we are here.

Oooh Littiz, your words are SO beguiling, I can almost believe them! :lol:
Posted Image

Refinements v2 has been released!
Go and visit the website or the forum for more info!

Member of The Silver Star team.

#8 Littiz

Littiz
  • Modder
  • 1078 posts

Posted 03 February 2004 - 09:45 AM

Ehi, my heart is pure, my intentions noble.
*plans to invade and take over the World Market with Extended DVD Refinements releases, T-Shirts and gadgets*

#9 khay

khay

Swords to Rust, Hearts to Dust

• Modder
  • 1719 posts

Posted 01 March 2004 - 02:41 PM

*plans to invade and take over the World Market with Extended DVD Refinements releases, T-Shirts and gadgets*

Coffeemugs too? Pleeeeeeeease... :unsure: